38 responses to “Ron Paul Convention on September 2”

1. howard miller clock

Grandfather Clocks…

Nice post. I learn some thing much more challenging on various blogs daily. It will usually be stimulating to read content material from other writers and practice just a little some thing from their shop. I’d favor to make use of some using the conten…

2. Baits & Scents

Bass Fishing Boats…

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more for…

3. ayl ipad case

New Macbook Review…

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?…

4. how to remove blackheads

2011…

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in the future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!…

5. Potato And Leek Soup

Potato And Leek Soup I got what you will, thanks for swing up. Woh I am to get this website through google….

6. Final Countdown

2011…

Wonderful work! This is the type of info that should be shared around the net. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my web site . Thanks =)…

7. rewfarasfvmsdr

Websites worth visiting…

I enjoyed reading your article, many thanks….

8. rewfarasfvmsdr

Recommended websites…

Amazing blog! Thanks for the great contribution with this post….

9. Grestos

I’m voting for Ron Paul since no other viables candidates is in sight!

10. fruit machine jenny

hey excellent post, really enjoyed it. I’ve added your blog to my netvibes account – will be keeping up with your posts!

11. iderbannorrods

nice work, guy

12. James

Are there any videos of Ron Paul’s entire speech?

What a catastrophe.

13. Bob

I agree with Victor – It was important to clarify. If “fundamentalist Christians” are all painted as whackos who have hijacked the Republican party through their “not getting it” then those who do get it may not be invited to debate ideas at the Ron Paul Republican table. I think what bothers me is this idea that somehow if we Christians find principals in scripture for good government they are not legitimate. It seems to me the basis for most of Ron Paul’s ideals can be found there.

14. Victor

You’re right Dave, “Press to Digitate” has some excellent ideas for getting involved. Also, I don’t think it is a matter of being offended, just a need to clarify. For me, it is not that “Fundamentalist Christians are not true Conservatives”. A true christian can have any political point of view. What should be common is character and basic human decency. We live in an age of mass deception and distraction, there is a gradual process of “waking up”. Let’s hope that it is not too late. Okay, I’m off my soapbox now. :-) Sorry I missed all the fun Steve Oh.

15. Steve Oh

I agree with Victor. Ron Paul is a really fun guy and most christians have no idea of what he is capable of when the party gets going – see Jimmy Vaughn After Party photos – you know what I mean JK ;). I am willing to bet that he will land a solid .0003% of the national vote if we play our cards right. We can build off this solid base and start making stuff really happen this fall. God its exciting!

P.S. The convention rocks. The appetizers are great!!

16. Dave

I don’t want to turn this blog into a religious debate, but even though ‘Press to Digitate’ might have offended some of you Christians out there, he made an excellent point about libertarian Ron Paul supporters getting more involved in the Republican conventions, clubs and local government to help spread the views and ideas of Ron Paul. It’s the only way we can gather more supporters. Too many people use the main stream media as there only source of news and we have all seen how the media made a disgusting effort to spin Ron Paul as a ‘whacko’ and blocked him from their debates. This type of mind control should be proof enough that the American people need to stand up and do something about the government’s control on our lives!

17. Victor

I agree with Bob. Most christians are not informed. The occultic
    spirit of anti-christ that has taken control of our government calls itself christian and throws the fundmentalists a few crumbs to garner their support, while simultaneously working to destroy them. It’s a tactic as old as time itself. As a christian, I started out in the republican party, but now support Ron Paul and have changed over to the constitution party. I’m glad that our founding fathers had the christian roots that they did and coming out of the European tradition of state controlled religion (anti-christ), they recognized all too well the need for free choice. Jesus hung on the cross for our salvation, he did not descend with a legion of angels and torture anyone who did not agree with him. If you look past all the labels and look at the fruit of people’s lives, you will easily see if they are wheat or chaff.

18. Steve in AL

I’m not sure if I fall into the “fundamentalist Christian” category that was insulted earlier, but I’m fundmentally a Christian and find that I agree with the vast majority of the ideas presented in The Revolution : A Manifesto.

Please understand that we don’t have to agree 100% on everything. There’s so much that we all agree on in the ideas presented by Mr. Paul that we should be able to rally around. Why make divisive attacks on a large segment of this movement?

Go Ron! Forward the Revolution!

19. ART

IT’S NOW TIME TO ACT….NOT ARGUE.

CALL YOUR (PROBABLY ROTTEN) ELECTION BOARD….FIND OUT EXACTLY HOW TO DELIVER A “WRITE-IN” VOTE FOR “PRESIDENT RON PAUL”….AND TELL ALL YOUR INTELLIGENT FRIENDS TO DO LIKEWISE….THEN WATCH!

20. Bob

As a so called “Fundamentalist Christian” myself I agree with James’ response to Press to Digitate. There is nothing wrong with our faith informing our ideals of what constitutes good government (not politics). Remember, the faith’s of our forefathers informing them is what gave us our constitution and in particular our Bill of Rights. The real issue is that MANY believers are not informed. Our entire economy is built on debt. I don’t think God approves. We went into a preemptive war instead of being peacemakers. I don’t think tht falls in line with Christ’s teachings. I talk to other believers all the time about what good government actually means. Ron Paul says he’s a Christian and I believe that’s why he knows what true Liberty looks like.

21. terri from west coast

So, Sept. 1, 2008 has arrived. The hopeful, Conventioneers have begun gathering for Ron Faux’s RepublicNOT convention. Honest, freedom loving American citizens (slaves of the gov) who have supported, made donations, slim jimmed, door-to-door campaigning with literature they paid for out of their dwindling paychecks. These good people have stuck with the guy through ‘thick and thin’ even after he bailed on his DOCTORED ‘campaign.’
    Nearly 10,000 tickets sold at $15. per per person, campers/vans/tent city. A scalar tech hurricane is scheduled (PROMISED), FAUX PAS won’t be making an appearance, no speech scheduled and this guys is as evil as the people he pretends to oppose. Old JPII’s slave.

22. Vanessa

I wish I could go bummer. RON PAUL 2008! He is the only one who is absolutely right and it fustrates me that he is not on the Republican ticket like he should be.

Ron Paul

The True Republican party.

23. Greg Cottrell

Fundamentalist Christians ruined the party? Did they cause all this uneeded spending? Did they inflate the money? Did they put all those liberals on the Supreme Court? Did non-Christians do something good that I haven’t heard about?
    Actually, the only thing one can say that’s good about the party anymore is that there are a few still a few Christians in it’s lousy ranks.

24. John from MA

I had heard someplace that Dr. Paul had gotten on the ballot in all 50 states, is that true? Anyone? Either way, I too, am writing him in. My coworkers ask me how I can “waste a vote” and I say how can you vote for someone you don’t believe in?

25. Mark

My entire family is voting for Ron Paul. I will enter the booth with a Sharpie just in case he is not listed. It will be the first time in my life and perhaps the last that I can vote for a principled candidate for president. Why would I vote for anyone else?

26. William Wagener

If the RNC will not give Ron Paul 5 minutes to speak,
    then perhaps… the 20,000 who gather, should nominate
    Ron Paul / Jesse Ventura as an INDEPENDANT race with legs,
    which John Anderson did in 1980 after losing Primaries to Ron Reagan.

With 20,000 Ron PAUL Activists from 50 states, and a new National
    newspaper for TRUTH and Constitution, USA TOMORROW, a PAUL/Ventura
    ticket could be viable. Gov. Ventura did indeed beat both a Democrat
    and a Republican to become GOVERNOR. This nation is sick of the MEDIA
    pushing drugs like Obama & McCain on us. NOW is the time for PAUL/Ventura,
    before the New World Order under Obama or McCain drag us into WW III.

27. The Shrinking GOP: Ron Paul edition | The Daily Liberal

[...] GOP leaders refused to award him a speech at the national convention, Paul decided to hold his own counter-convention. Now the Minnesota Independent is reporting that Paul’s convention is going to have such high [...]

28. Stephen

I’m voting for Ron Paul since no other viable candidate is in sight

29. James

Press to Digitate
    As a so-called fundamental Christian I disagree. I am a supporter of Paul and yes I am against abortion and gay marriage (is that what you think is destroying the party?) personally but I say let the states decide. I also believe in limited government and am strongly against entitlement programs and foreign intervention. I believe the real problem with the Republican party is their desire to appease everyone just like the Democrats. They now believe they have to match the Democrats program for program to try to catch a small piece of the ever growing minority vote and so they will not be portraited as uncompassionate in the media. Unfortuneately very few Republicans have the guts to stand up and say “hey, the government is not supposed to take care of you cradle to grave”. I think this message would play very well to everyday “fundamental” Christians if we keep getting the message out.

30. Press to Digitate

Dr. Paul and his team need to think through some specific objectives for this all day rally. The real problem is that the Republican Party has been controlled by Fundamentalist Christians who are not true Conservatives, and they have corrupted it to the core. We must take back control of the GOP over the next four years, following the Democratic blowout that John McCain’s party will suffer in November. This means mobilizing those 14,000 people to:

START CLUBS WITHIN THE PARTY – New clubs of Young Republicans, College Republicans, Teen Age Republicans, and Republican Women must be organized, filled with libertarian-leaning Ron Paul Republicans, to take over the state federations of each of the party’s affiliate organizations.

BECOME GOP PRECINCT COMMITTEEMEN/WOMEN – Locally, hundreds of county Republican Executive Committees from coast to coast need to be invaded by new members of our persuasion, and their leadership contested and toppled between now and 2012. This is where the rubber meets the road. County and State party committees need to be taken over, if we are to have any hope of saving the Republican Party as a viable conservative opposition over the next four to eight years.

RECRUIT PRO-FREEDOM CANDIDATES – By 2010, like-minded libertarian leaning Ron Paul Republicans need to be running for office in Republican primaries around the country, particularly as State Representatives. Building a cadre of new local, state, and federal campaigns, and elected officials, who believe in Freedom and the Constitution instead of Christian Fascism is an essential element in organizing the takeover of the party.

INTRODUCE A SHADOW CABINET – Perhaps in concert with the libertarian Cato Institute, the Campaign for Liberty should gather like minded experts in fields which parallel each of the cabinet departments, who are highly qualified, respected in their fields, and nationally recognized. Over the next four years, this panel, announced and introduced at the rally, should meet regularly and release commentary on and alternatives to each statist policy initiative that gets put forth by the Obama Administration.

Anyway, those are my suggestions, having been deeply involved in the Conservative takeover of the party in the late 1970s which led to the Reagan nomination in 1980. John McCain is Jerry Ford, but without Ford’s grace, eloquence, and charismatic leadership; he is Bob Dole but without Dole’s youth, modernity, and keen intellect. November is predictable, and we must look ahead to how we can clean up the mess afterward, and rebuild the GOP in Ron Paul’s philosophy between now and 2012. I hope they use the September rally effectively to organize this.

31. lynn ellen

It only takes 11%:

32. John

Ron Paul is not the only salvation for America. When we speak like that we sound like the airheads at the Obama campaign. I believe Mr. Paul himself would say that the “IDEAS” he brings to the table, ideas which are not his personally at all but merely restatements of the founding principles of this country, are what will renew the American experiment and I agree. Those who share these ideas need to get to work if we want real change.

I want to know how to get tickets to the event because I live in the area and would like to be there. The campaign ends but the revolution begins.

33. Richard Ross aka Joe Sixpack

What we are looking at is a Man who will not go quietly into the night. He is the only salvation for America. His followers, (me included) will shout from the rooftops to expose the Machine that has run amok against the Priciple our Country was founded upon. It time for every good American to come to the Aid of their Country. As Kennedy sain in his famous words, “It’s not what your Country can do for you, It’s what you can do for your Country.” It’s time to do it for YOUR Country!

34. Jeff Lewis

See you there.

35. freethinks

This video makes me upset! Ron Paul has so much to say pertaining to how he will revolutionize our bloated government today and all the questioner can ask is “How do you feel about hurting McCain’s campaign”? All the questions were total bullshit! Keep watching all the videos you want, but if you really want to learn about Ron Paul’s philosophies, read Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul.