191 responses to “Ron Paul’s Message to Barack Obama”

1. Fluidly Unsure

I wondered how long it would take. Just a little investigative reporting and white-out will go a long ways.

@Longshotlouie; don’t try to put limits the imagination of the posters here.

1. longshotlouie

Hey, I’m all about ‘no limits’.

2. Herewe Goagain
  3. fluidlyunsure

I’m curious. What made the bot think this is a French dating site?

Did we say that Ron Paul is hot and sexy? Maybe this is from someone who thinks Obama needs a certificate to prove he was born. I mean not born in France.

1. longshotlouie

I don’t think anyone is looking for proof that he was born.

1. tommy h.

Who says obama was born, some of the scuttlebutt around the
        kool aid jug is that he’s a hatchling from another planet. So
        what it all comes down to is; he’s an ‘alien’ and from what
        planet? Where ever he originated from out there, they were able to supply some very convincing “fake” documentation.(You
        can tell by the ears! just like Ross Perot)

4. ronpaulisajoke

Come on why is this relevant. People like Ron Paul will never get elected in our lifetimes. We should just be glad to have a president who doesnt want to throw troops at a problem, instead put them where they are needed.

1. scott gibson

You must be a moron. This president is not a qualified candidate do the research, times and dates don’t add up. In the 1980′s an American citizen could not get a passport to Pakistan. Obama had said he went there. How is that so if you are a citizen of America? Come on America wake the hell up!!! There is so many inconsistencies in Obama, I could write a book about it.

5. Jim McDonough

Sir

I am an independant voter. Ihave been writing and e mailing congress and dozens of online papers and tabloids for to ask of proof of Barrak Hussein Obama’s Birth Record.

There was no reply from anyone. Are you and can you Or will you
    confront this issue. Obamas birth cert has never been proved.

The reason im saying this is the fact that congress is creating Constitutional laws that hinder the original constitution under Barrak Hussein Obama.

Where is America?????????????????????

Ty Jim McDonough from Boston

1. scott gibson

“WE the people ” need to take a stand this is our country. Our fore fathers did not have this kind of government in mind. The dumb Americans voted them in to office. Politicians have taken advantage of the disease in America. It is called “ignorance and stupidity”. it has become an epidemic. Congress cannot change the constitution! they cannot do that and the people have the right to file charges of treason. America,in general,has NO understanding of the U.S. constitution! What we have now is proof.

6. Noble

Bonjour! The babes are here! This is my sexiest site to visit. I make sure I am alone in case I get too hot. Post your favorite link here.

7. fluidly unsure

Welcome to the unlikely club of conservatives who think. But be careful when affiliating yourself with the word “neo-con”. It is used today the way ‘commie’ was back in the 50′s. It is used to insult people who only have a smidgen of that coloring to them.

I refer to myself as a “conservative leaning libertarian” for that very reason. “Conservative” because of my fiscal conservative ideas, “leaning” because my social liberal ideas don’t put me 100% in the conservative camp, and “libertarian” because of my classic liberal ideas.

My understanding that the difference between a neo-con and a conservative is whether or not pre-emptive military actions are justified. Well, in my view the global scale of human interactions has altered when something is pre-emptive. We no longer live in the cozy valley and waiting until the enemy is on our soil to be defensive.

1. fluidly unsure

Excuse me.

The sentence:

Should read:
      We no longer live in the cozy valley and waiting until the enemy is on our soil to be defensive is no longer a viable option.

I would also like to include:
      Attacking no longer means dirtying your shoes on foreign soil and being defensive no longer means waiting for such to happen.

People are now being killed from abroad with advanced delivery systems, invasions are done with little physical presence because of international travel, and the population of entire countries are being severed from the world (Internet communications and ecommerce).

By using out-dated strategies and obsolete ethical standards, we are guaranteeing that we will lose and be killed int the process.

8. Jack

I supported Ron Paul during the Republican Primary. When he did not win, I switched my support to Barack Obama. I think Ron Paul is making some great points but he must keep in mind that just like himself, Barack Obama was elected based on the promises he has made, and we really can’t make a judgment about his performance until at least a couple of years after he has been elected. The reason I switched my support to Obama was because he is much more fiscally conservative than most Republicans, as he originally based his very candidacy for president on his opposition to the Iraq War. As far as the Marijuana issue goes, he supports legalizing it for medical uses which is a BIG step forward. As far as the “corporations” go, Obama has already taken steps to return the taxpayers the money that went to AIG and Freddie-Mac under President Bush. The type of lending that Obama is advocating for companies ( to stimulate the economy) is a TRUE LOAN meaning that the money will be returned to taxpayers with a year. In my opinion this is a vast improvement from the direct corporate welfare that Republicans other than Ron Paul have been forcing us to fund. As far as Ron Paul himself goes (and again these are the reasons I supported him), he openly supported using military force in Afghanistan to defeat Al-Qaeda (wait what did Ron Paul say about a 9/11 investigation?), and his platform included funding state programs by cutting the amount of tax dollars going to politicians. After he lost the Republican primary, he said that if he had to choose between Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John McCain, he would pick Obama because he has the best foreign policy (Here is a link of Ron Paul saying this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNOpdE2Z0Ss). So now Ron Paul, I ask you one thing, are you really fighting for our liberty, or are you trying to please every possible voter for your own personal power just like a lot of the politicians already out there? I know a lot of you who read this are ready to rant by now, so if you think I’m a brainwashed neo-con, I dare you to find another brain-washed neo-con that thinks this critically!

9. William

http://www.campaignforliberty.com membership closing in on 99800 and growing at about an additional 1000 every ten days or so and appears to be accelerating.

I joined at 6000 in August so several doublings have already taken place. The key is for each of us to talk with people we meet about the issues to discover their thoughts and if we find someone who cares about individual freedom and believes as we do that the principles of limited government, sound money, non interventionist foreign policy and individual freedom we should encourage them to join with us and carry the torch to find others themselves.

100k becomes 200k becomes 400k, 800k, 1600k, 3200k, 6400k, 12800k, 25M, 50M 100M !!!

Notice it would only take each finding another ten now. Those we find would only have to find nine! The ones they find would need to find eight, then seven six five four three two and then one.

How hard will it be once our numbers have grown into the millions?

We have the rational economic understanding in Austrian free market school of economics to use to show the errors of past,current and future policies. For example the Congress passed a Law forcing banks to lower their standards to enable non qualified borrowers to obtain sub prime mortgages which led to the crisis.

Read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand and her Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, For the New Intellectual and The Virtue of Selfishness

Wm

10. Alana

Would Ron Paul ever consider reaching out to Barack Obama and help him govern in his administration? Instead of coming at Obama hard, just have a good long sit down with him explaining how they could possibly work well together. Just sayin…

1. Chris

Your asking a bird to teach a dog to fly, no matter how much the bird trys to teach the dog, the dog will never be able to fly.

1. ronpaulisabigjoke

wow, Obama is a dog!

11. B. Kemp

God Bless Ron Paul. I spent a painful 2 minutes in the booth and could not bring myself to vote for Obama. I am happy he beat McCain but sad that the option for Ron Paul was unavailable. Americans believe we have come a long way…. the worst times lay just ahead. God Bless Ron Paul.

12. Fluidly Unsure

Some people are upset because RP showed respect to his enemies. That is the reason I supported him now and will do so in 2012. The reason LP has no hope IMHO is the arrogant attitude that refuses to even show basic human respect to others. Ron Paul showed the maturity to do so which is a rare characteristic in a third party politician who tries to fan the fire of hatred for the established ways.

I might agree with you if Ron Paul had completely rewritten his message several times. Maybe I missed it; where did he do so?

I don’t like people who fight dirty and thinking your side is so perfect that you can ignore others is at the roots of all dirty fighting. The Big Brother may fight dirty, but we shouldn’t allow ourselves to descend into the same sewer tank which you seem to advocate.

I am impressed with the way Ron Paul ran his campaign and handled the fact that is didn’t go through. Would you have wanted Hugo Chavez to hold his grounds after the apparent slap in the face given to him by an election last year? His reaction earned him some brownie points in my book but not enough for me to support him yet.

13. Roger W. Davis (Retired U.S.Army)

I could not cast my vote for Ron Paul, who has made himself a phantom image like Goldstein in George Orwell’s “1984″. An imaginary concoction of “Big Brother” to persuade the enemies of Big Brother to wait and not act against atrocities until the non-existant Goldstein called them forth.

All the virtues and hopes of a people were enshrined in the doctrines of imaginary Goldstein…but Goldstein was not though his followers waited for his call.

In Orwell’s 1984 the hero Winston ultimately learned there was no Goldstein. There was just Big Brother’s newspeak of the moment that had no past for social standards and norms to become established upon. There was no projected future for a hope to cling upon. There was just the unfounded declarations of politically correct thoughts for the moment. And like an exercise to vent off steam in that frustrated life, there were scheduled moments of hope in the imaginary Goldstein turned on and off at the convenience of Big Brother.

Ron Paul’s use of the hope our Constitution gives us and his collection of people waiting for his imaginary time to act makes Ron Paul just another Goldstein to “..say and do not (Matt 23:1-3)”

For the sake of the Constitution the imaginary Ron Paul supports so well, I again wrote his name on the ballot. But if the bastard runs in 2012 I won’t.

14. A Good Place to Start « AfterNovember

[...] (again)? How much do you share in the excitement of America right now?  In June Ron Paul said “[Obama] doesn’t want change, he wants the status quo.” Nader has been equally critical of both McCain and Obama, although today he did offer a cordial [...]

15. Meetra

I wrote in Ron Paul as well and feel pretty damn good about it!
    I had a professor that said it was a wasted vote; he shut up once I reminded him that numbers send messages; just look at the election of 1912, the Bull Moose party didn’t win, but 4 million votes sent a message.

16. CHris

I just voted in FL today !!!!!! I wrote Ron Paul FOR President even though he isn’t running I STILL WANT HIM FOR PRESIDENT
    “Give me liberty or give me death” VOTE R.P.
    P.s. bring the revolution to FL!!!

1. tommy h.

Look at what obama did with hilary, he made her secretary of state and sends her off around the world; which keeps her out of
      his way! I’m surprised he didn’t take ron paul and send him off
      to kazakastan or mambasu and make him a consul there and viola!
      two nuts out of the way!

1. ronpaulisabigjoke

that black dude is pretty good at politics, besides this health care thing.

1. Fluidly Unsure

Some claim Pres. BO is good looking. You claim he is a good politician.

Does that make him a “beautiful liar” or a “beautiful disaster”? What about both?

17. Disgusted...

It is just sad that all of you people that say you “didn’t want to waste a vote” because the candidate you supposedly like and agree with doesn’t seem to have a chance to win (based on what you see on CNN!!?)…Since when did you have to vote for the winner? Are our elections just a game of pick the douche and then let’s live with it for 4 years??? If everyone voted for who they agreed with more we could actually decide between more than just two parties…maybe 3, 4 or even 5! CHOICE..wow, what a concept.

I VOTED FOR RON PAUL AND THAT WAS THE LEAST WASTEFUL THING I DID ALL DAY!!!!!

18. fluidlyunsure

You are right, I don’t listen to the dribble called TV and the radio is only good for music IHO. With something serious like this I want to see several reliable sources on the Inet or on paper. I want to read the whole trans-script so I can see what was actually said in the sentence/paragraph, see what context it was said in, and look for other ways the media could be misleading us. You want to take the media’s at their word, go ahead.

The proof I was questioning is whether or not the supposed quote was truly said. BTW: the word is “there”, not “their”. How much time did you waste and how much money did your parents waste on your college? I’m glad I didn’t go any farther than 2 years.

Speaking of proof, where is the proof about “Iraq being all about oil control”? Maybe it was Elvis, BigFoot, or some other whacko theory.

Most of us have already decided on the elections, but a few of us are trying to learn from it. Introspection is not necessarily a bad thing.

I know you are stressed but settle down, breath deep, take your meds, and learn where the return key is.

19. Mike

Anyone who hasn’t seen and heard Bush say that “Iraq has WMD’s” must not have a TV or a radio. I have seen and heard him say it. I’ve seen Rumsfeld say it, I’ve seen Colin Powell say it in his UN address. When I was in the Air Force our commanders said it. It was the very reason Bush gave for going into Iraq and you still say they is no proof of it. You have the internet, try googling it. There is plenty of proof out their. So spare me the common dribble crap. Ron Paul was against the Iraq War because he knew that Iraq posed no threat to American Soil as defined by our borders. However, you are correct that America ships, planes and embassies are sovereign American territory. So do you go into a bullies yard call him names and not expect to get punched, no. So don’t send troops, planes and ships into someone elses space, call them names shoot at them and not expect retaliation. If we weren’t meddling in other countries politics we wouldn’t have this mess. The funny thing is, we are the bully and we went into someone else’s yard. Our govt. condemns Russia for invading Georgia, well there are Georgian terrorist doing terrorist activities in Russia, so they invaded just like we invaded Irag. Our govt. is made up of the biggest hypocrites. Was Russia right to do what they did? NO, and neither are we. We deserve the condemnation we have received from the rest of the world. Just like Iraq is truly about oil control, Russia’s acts are about a natural gas pipeline. Hell, even Afghanistan has natural gas pipeline behind it. Their president, Karzai, that we hand picked was president of a natural gas company that wanted to build a pipeline across the country that the Taliban disapproved of. Granted, the Taliban is a horribly repressive group that the world should have never let come into power in the first place, and wouldn’t have if America had held its promise that we gave when we armed OBL. So atthe end of the day who is to blame, do you see the common thread at all? The oil companies, the world’s demand for oil (that means every citizen bares some blame) and the governments of the world. Only one person has come up with any sort of reasonable plan and the is Pickens that could end all of this for America and bring America back to the front of the world in energy production, jobs and the economy; which in turn would put us back at the top in military power too. I’m done blogging on this now, there are only 3 days until the election and I was just layed off on Friday, thank you so much trickle down economics. Add me to the uninsured, unemployed and now unable to spend any money to help the economy and take care of my children. Christmas is officially cancelled in my house (the spending, marketing side; the religious aspect remains in tact). My American dream is getting more tarnished the older I get. I work my ass off and all I ever get is deeper in debt and I am sick of it! Being a 40yr old disabled veteran is not making anything easier either. I’m tired of watching my parents struggle to keep their home, I’m tired of struggling to put food on the table and I am tired of our governmental officials getting away with criminal acts and only being censured or fined. Why hasn’t any candidate talk about going after these financial institutions for fraud? Why haven’t their been investigations of the big 4 accounting firms that audit their financial statements? Why have 2 of these big 4 accounting firms been given the control to audit how the bailout is being spent? It’s like giving the keys of the hen house to the fox. So now the auditing companies that audited these financial institutions are and saw nothing wrong are now incharge of making sure the bailout money is all accounted for? I am an unemployed accountant and let me tell you there has got to be some cover ups going on. And on top of it all, Paulson used to be president of Goldman Sachs, wow is this a nightmare! See you all the polls on Tuesday, good day and good luck!

20. Fluidly Unsure

What makes you think I am a Bush supporter? After 9-11 I did think he was what we needed to counter an attacking enemy, but those thoughts waned years ago. Just because my research has made me come to conclusions similar to Bush supporters doesn’t make me one.

Do you have a direct quote from GWB saying that Iraq/Hussein had WMD? The closest I’ve found is a BBC (IIRC) report that quoted him as saying that Iraq was restarting their nuclear program and could have WMD in a few years. Close, but not close enough to justify calling him a liar.

Apparently you are comfortable making decisions based on colloquial claims, but I would rather think for myself. Sometimes my conclusions are similar to the mainstream, but usually they are out in left field.

Also, why would I come to any conclusions about your intelligence before I see how you use it? Can you support your conclusions or are you just repeating todays common dribble? So far, I don’t see anything encouraging.

So you went to college just like Bush did and you are a decorated veteran just like McCain? Do you really want me to judge others based on their college education and military service?

21. Mike Drayer

Our government far more often than that with Saddam Hussein (remember the picture of Donald Rumsfeld shaking his hand), and it was indeed America that armed OBL to fight the Russians. The US needs to stop meddling with the affairs of other nations when we can’t even get our own government right. It was the Kurds in control in the north, and it was they whom Hussein used the chemical weapons on that we gave him to combat Iran with. So Hussein went rogue on us and so we had to take him out. There may have been some terrorists in Iraq before the war, but they were kept under thumb by Hussein, because he squashed any uprisings. Was he a horrible human being, absolutely, but it is the only way a country like Iraq will have some semblance of peace. The Shia’s and Sunni’s have been fighting for centuries and they both hate the Kurds and the Kurds hate the Turks and so on and so on. Now we have brought war lords back to power in Iraq and clerics and put their common enemy, us, right in their yard. Any time you destablize an area chaos takes over and elements like OBL can gain strength. OBL was nowhere near Iraq when Bush decided to invade. The attacks on US planes were over Iraqi soil, so if we weren’t there in the first place, they wouldn’t have occured. Hussein had NOTHING to do with 9/11 and everyone knows it. Was Hussein saddened by it, I’m sure he wasn’t. We had OBL and chose to run the other way, why? That is the real question we should be asking. I served during the first Gulf War (which was justifiable) and have spoke with marines that were a part of the unit that had him trapped and they still don’t understand why they were told to stand down. So if you are still in love with Bush, be my guest it is a free country and you can like who you want, but it is his war that has created this nation of debt, his lies (and they were lies about the weapons of mass destruction (our military destroyed what little had left the first go round or else he would have used them on us), and his complete incompetancy about the world and his desire to bring on armageddon, and the greed of his cohorts like Cheney, his brother who had his own S&L scandal, and the oil money his family made it rich on and the rest of big corporate America and the world that has brought this all on. Man, even McCain and most sensible Republicans know that Bush is a horrible president. I can’t believe there’s a Bush supporter on Ron Paul’s blog. Some Dems not sold Obama I get, some Reps that aren’t sold on McCain I get, but a Bush supporter; after all this that is just mindboggling. Of course you’ll say you are so much more intelligent than I am or how stupid I am for saying that and I should wallow in my own ignorance. I guess being a college honor grad and decorated veteran just doesn’t make me as smart as someone who still supports Bush, all I have to say is hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha. You must be joking!

22. Fluidly Unsure

So if you disagree with the following, do not credit a Bush supporter, a “reptard”, or a “Bushtard”. I’ve been called all of the above even though these are facts I learned by my own research before I heard it being spouted in the Republican camp. Apparently I am not supposed to think for myself.

Did we start the war in Iraq? Doing some research I found that we were attacked 24 times in the past 20 years. 22 times America was attacked on it’s own soil. Remember that by international conventions, a countries embassies and ships that fly their flag are considered to be their soil. About ten years before Bush invaded Iraq, war was declared on us by OBL who was involved in 18 of those attacks. It was time we quit hitting the snooze button, awoke to reality, and stopped others from hitting what was left of our nose. BTW: two of those attacks failed but the intention was there.

Did we bring Al-Queda into Iraq after 9-11? Al-Queda and the Taliban was already established and strong in the north.

Should we have only retaliated against Afghanistan and was it only Bushes cronies that wanted to do so? When the “war on terror” was declared and approved by congress, it was said that we would go after all countries that harbor terrorists.

Did Hussein have no relations with terrorists or OBL? The 911 commission chronicles the times the two met and Sadam did provide refuge for terror suspects from OBL’s first attack on the twin towers.

Why did we attack with such force? When you are attacked it is cowardice to not defend yourself and it is pure stupidity to not cripple the other person so they can’t attack you back.

Did Bush make mistakes like calling Shia’s Shiites or mis-pronouncing Dubia? Not only is Shiite a Hindi word borrowed from Arabic languages (according to the Oxford Hindi to English dictionary) but the vowel system is very different in the Middle East and South Asia and is very difficult for a westerner. I have not gotten a hold on pronunciation of Hindi (phonically and grammatically identical to Urdu which is used in Pakistan) even though I have been studying it for years.

Should we have gone after Saudi Arabia first? If it wasn’t for the fact that was refusing to comply with international treaties and ignoring UN sanctions then yes. I probably would have done something about Kim too.

Should America be denounced for being too trigger happy and reacting too soon? Not only were international agreements tried during the 90′s but they did not work. As an aside, in WarII we were being denounced for not reacting sooner.

As an aside, Americans are arrogant towards other countries just as other countries are arrogant to us. Besides, we are not the worst. We may go to tourist traps and not learn the local culture, but we don’t go on foreign beaches and have sex in front of a local crowd.

You guys are lucky I didn’t touch on economic issues.

23. Kyndra

I wrote in Ron Paul today :-)
    May not be much but it’s one more.
    Peace.

24. Candis

I find it really funny that you call me out on name calling, think back to everything you have said and then think about your assertion.
    To clarify something you may not know, I was actually unaware that you were a registered democrat; being as how I am not judgmental I did not feed into your insinuations. Honestly, your claims did not really suggest that you were very non- partisan either. I was not sure exactly what your claims were eluding to in regards to what you believe exactly. So then we agree that the bailout is ridiculous and that everyone is to blame; I apologize for not seeing that you were trying to say that before; but I think you can understand why I would feel that you were saying something different.
    I think you are forgetting one very important fact about this campaign: whites are not the only racists in this country. Here in California there are overwhelming numbers of people voting for Barack Obama simply because he is black. Being half Iranian, I can tell you that it is a community that is more ethnocentric than most, hell, it is a club I cannot even get into! No matter what, votes will be balanced for Mr. Obama, for every white who votes against him because he is black, there will be 5 voting for him because he IS black.
    Why though, are you crediting Ronald Reagan with bringing the hostages home as being the success in light of Carter’s “failure”. Let me tell you something about Jimmy Carter: he was not a “pass the buck” lazy politician; he got to the bottom of a problem, understood it, and then fixed it. This is how he was able to obtain at least some peace in the Middle East with respect to Israel. All Iran was asking for was the Shah, they had the right to do what they like with him, and Carter understood this, he attempted to bring them home without anymore violence. On a side note, there is evidence that these Americans were told to leave the country anyway, before they were taken as hostages; and the operation was not done by the new government either, so Carter wasn’t dealing with anyone directly; he was in a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation. Ronald Reagan is the one who used and abused Iran during the Iran- contra affair. He may have brought the hostages home, but it was at a huge diplomatic cost.
    Just because I don’t like your politics doesn’t make me not open minded, it makes me a critical thinker.
    If you really want to know something funny, I experience more discrimination from other Iranians than I have ever experienced from whites. Racism might be alive and well in your neck of the woods, but is very different than the contemporary form that has showed its face here on the west coast.

25. Mike Drayer

Did you even read what I said, both reps. & dems. are at fault, but largely the American way of life is to blame. People living way beyond their means on credit. The economy was bound to crash because it was being floated on credit, and credit on credit. What you said in your last line is exactly what I’ve been saying, but because I am supporting Obama you are judging me already. I too agree to some to degree with Ron Paul, to bad he doesn’t have the backbone to break from the Republican party and try to start a real third party. Yes you are right, Obama Sr. is dead, sorry I used the wrong tense, it’s not like you always use perfect grammar either. All I am saying is that trickle down economics doesn’t work because of the overwhelming greed of America, it is what we have had under Bush and it is what McCain wants to do too.

As far as you having to resort to childish name calling when I was just pointing out that I being a caucasion person have openly heard many PA whites (even some that are Dems, but mostly Reps) say they won’t vote for Obama simply because he is black it how narrow minded these people are in today’s society. So I am stupid because I don’t agree with you? Welcome to Democracy. All I am pointing out is racism is alive and well in white America, why else would people start calling Obama a Muslim, and an Arab and yell “Kill him” at McCain’s rallies. Of course he takes the high road and stops and says that Obama is a good American, but he is willing to let his VP say anything she wants and that is where these idiots get these ideas from. And so what if he is Muslim, that isn’t a crime in America, although these idiots that go to these rallies think it is.

If you don’t think McCain won’t invade your 1/2 native nation of Iran, you’re are highly mistaken. And as for Pakistan, even Palin agreed with Obama that we should take out those that the Pakistani govt. won’t or can’t that are coming into Afghanistan and attacking our troops and then fleeing back to the mountains of Pakistan. Of course the American govt. created this monster in the first place called Al-queda when we supplied them with arms to fight off Russia and then bailed on them after promising them we’d rebuild Afghanistan for them only to leave it in ruins. It’s pretty amazing that even though we have over 40,000 troops there, they are still the world’s leading producer of opium. We also created Saddam Hussein and supported him for years until he invaded Kuwait and used the chemical weapons we gave him against the Kurds. Of course we gave Saddam these chemical weapons to use against who, oh thats right the Iranians.

Of course I probably sound like Charlie Brown’s parents to you right now, blah, blah, blah. Because you aren’t open to opposing views. At least I admit that I AGREE with some of Ron Paul’s opinions even though I am registered Democrat (but why should I have to label myself for you, I vote for some Republicans too, like Arlen Spector because he has been good for PA and have even voted for some Green Party candidates too) on his opinions like illegal immigration, the bailout (which is just a corporate give away) and the war in Iraq (which is the biggest reason our national debt is the highest it has ever been). But we can no longer rely on the private sector to provide health care and our infrastructure is a nightmare (which got that way because the private sector would rather please its shareholders rather than reinvest it into updating the power grids, railroads, and what we rely on for power sources). Al Gore may have run a bumbling campaign (much like McCain has, which says a lot about his executive skills), but Gore was right about investing in alternative fuels sources and environmental technologies. There is a whole manufacturing sector to be tapped into and America better jump on it before the Chinese take that away from us too.

As for Carter and his decision not to take violence against Iran, but rather try diplomacy (which failed to free the hostages, so Reagan did resort to violence and freed them), I do think it is wise to try all attempts of diplomacy before resorting to violence, that’s why the Iraq War is such a disgrace to America. We can agree to disagree and that is why we’re a democracy, but when you resort to name calling you just show your true colors, I feel sorry for you that you can’t carry on a discussion as a mature open minded adult. As a self professed minority I would hope you never feel what it is like to be discriminated against, but I would defend you if you were to ever have that occur to you. Sadly discriminatoin will play a part in this election and I think that is really sad in the 21st Century in a country that claims to be the melting pot of the world.

26. Candis

Oh and as far as the bailout is considered, both Obama and McCain supported it, but not congressman Ron Paul. At least though, McCain was warning congress about Fannie May Freddy Mac in 2006. The problems today were bound to happen but not solely because of republicans, do you not remember the deregulation from the Clinton administration in 1999? How dare you blame republicans as being the only ones responsible for the economy, this was the one joint effort from both parties. Everyone in America both civil and in the government are responsible for this problem.

27. Candis

Racist? I think not, I am half Iranian and have absolutely no problem with Jimmy Crater electing not to turn the hostage situation into another American Middle East adventure. You call that inept and weak? I call that wise. Talk about striking cords, maybe you should get over you ex, and then return to your soap box with a somewhat clear head.
    About the historical context in which you choose to assert in response to my claims…….
    The fact as to whether or not the founding fathers were racist is irrelevant to what I was saying as my comments dealt with the American political parties we deal with today. At the time of the drafting of the constitution there were no republicans or democrats, their politics did not reflect any of the political issues going on today, so it would stand that once again that your assertions have no place at all in this conversation. Now in case you were not aware: the shift in parties was made final with the signing of the civil rights acts by LBJ, he even remarked on how with this signature he was signing away the Southern Democratic vote. Dating back to the FDR years the democratic party was splitting; it is true that MOST of these racist individuals went to the republicans, but let me tell you that they are on their way out, of course with no help from individuals like yourself. That is why most of us are on this website to support Ron Paul, because he is a real republican. May I ask what exactly you would be? Do you know, or should you see what your ex is dong first and then you will make that decision?
    Yes, I still think Michelle Obama is a racist; and no, that is not retarded at all. I also noticed that you said his father LIVES in Kenya; you are aware his father is dead right? And that Barack Obama never even really knew him very well?
    The only difference between Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama is that Barack Obama thinks it would be a good idea to get into Pakistan’s face next, and that is even more ridiculous than Iraq. His rhetoric echoes Jimmy Carters on nearly everything, and my point was that Michelle Obama still decided to say she has never been proud of her country in her adult life, this would include the administration of Jimmy Carter, so this I believe shows that she holds racist sentiments. It is fine if you get excited at the possibility of a black man being elected into office, it is very progressive; however it is wrong to be excited to a point where you discount other administrations that are similar in every way except the color of their skin; and I feel that is exactly what Mrs. Obama was doing with her statements
    Thank you for your comment, Mike. At first I thought maybe you just had a bad day but now I realize you really are one of those dumb Americans that learn one word, or one concept and runs with it as far as he can ( “…the founding fathers were racists… blah blah blah”. Seriously I will laugh at this for a week!) The people on this site support the Ron Paul revolution and constitutional- ism, you seem to support….. well whoever your ex doesn’t support?

28. Mike Drayer

Candis is redrumming history to her own beat. When our Constitution was written they were all racists, even Thomas Jefferson who wanted to outlaw slavery in the Constitution owned slaves. Our so called Christian founders were also Outcasts, Bigots and Adulterers. So it is kind of pointless to look to history and try to argue they weren’t racists, when they all were. As far as Michelle Obama’s comments, I am not exactly proud of the way my nation carries itself oversees or domestically. We’re a nation of greed and thoughtless, selfish thinkers. You go on worshiping in glass palace churches while you minister drives a Mercedies and say they are good Christians. No minister should ever be rich if they are God fearing, bible reading, true believers, they would give all the extra they have to those in need.

As far as Michelle Obama not liking Carter and therefore she must be racist too, is retarded. Carter was an inept leader because he was just plain weak. He is a good person, lousy politician. So now the Obama’s are racist against whites, but hang out with a terrorist who is white, right? Is that what you’re trying to say? You need to look and listen to what you’re saying. I’ve got a good feeling you are probably a racist and that’s why I set off a nerve in you. If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, swims like a duck, well then it must be a duck. Any way I’m done in here. Power, American Power is what we need and America is made up of every race there is and it is never going to change. Yes the Democrats used to be the party that had all the rebel flag waving, right winged bible thumping conservatives in it. That has changed, they are almost all republicans now. My ex, the mother of my children included. My parents have declared the republicans are no longer the same and they both just changed their registration this year. I have served with many great people of all different races in the U.S. Air Force, and I have met many ignorant people of all races. I am done in here, this sight seems to be getting taken over by extreme Republicans that just can’t wait for 4 more years of the same tired trickle down economics that McCain is offering and will surely destroy the middle class of America and produce deficits they likes that only my children’s, children’s, children’s children will start maybe see the end of. It doesn’t work because the US is a nation of greed Capitalists who are too selfish to see past the end of their own greed. If this weren’t true then shareholders investing in the stockmarket and companies would be demanding ethics and honest financial statements from their investments and force the Board of Directors to stop paying each other the millions they are for years where these companies are having losses. It is a joke, but as long as they are promised a dividend annually they sit by quietly while the market crashes around them and then shout I’m going to sue somebody. It is a sad state and I too am disappointed and afraid of what America has become. At least the Obama’s are honest and brave enough to say publicly and are trying to restore some sense of pride and leadership that McCain will never be able to instill in Americans. McCain is to busy speaking words of hate,lies and division. He can even show support for either baseball team in the World Series, so what if Obama is supporting both, isn’t that what a President should do? Isn’t that showing a message of unity rather than division? I’m done here, this process is almost over once again we have seen America’s true colors show, that we aren’t ready to handle are own diversity, so how can we possibly lead the world that is so much more diversed?

29. morgen g

EVERYONE HERE IS BASICALLY SAYING THE SAME THING OR TWISTING IT THEIR OWN WAY. THERES THREE REASONS WHY THE UNTIED STATES OF AMERICA IS IN THIS SITUATION. NONE OF THE REASONS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE REAGANS, CLINTONS, BUSHS, MCCAIN OR OBAMA. THE FIRST REASON IS THAT AMERICANS DON’T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEIR FELLOW AMERICAN. AS LONG AS THE PROBLEM IS AFFECTING EVERYONE BESIDES OURSELVES THE NORM IS “WHO CARES?” THE SECOND REASON IS GREED AND LIVING BEYOND OUR MEANS. INSTEAD OF SAVING MAKING THAT DOLLAR MEAN SOMETHING. WE JUST SPEND AND SPEND TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH THE JONES. WELL GUESS WHAT? THE JONES HAVE MOVED TO KUWAIT. THE THIRD ONE IS WHAT OTHER COUNTRIES HAS ALWAYS SAID ABOUT AMERICANS. AMERICANS WANT EVERYTHING THE EASIEST WAY WE CAN GET IT. WANTING THE BEST WAGES/SALARY WITHOUT EARNING IT. SO WE CAN THROW THE BLAME ALL OVER BUT IN THE END ITS OUR OWN FAULT. WE AS AMERICANS LET THE KISS ASSES RUN OUR GOVERMENT IN THE GROUND. WE USE TO BE AMERICANS THAT STOOD UP FOR WHAT BELIEVED IN, EVEN DIE FOR IT. NOW WE ARE JUST LIKE THE THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES. FIGHTING AMONGS ONE ANOTHER. BUT WE HAVEN’T SEEN THE BAD TIMES YET. SO WHILE EVERYONE HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE REALITY SHOWS ON TELEVISION WE BEEN IGNORING THE REALITY SHOW IN OUR SO CALL NEWS NETWORK. THERE WILL NOT BE A RE-RUN AND THIS WAS THE SHOW THAT HAS AND WILL EVEN MORE CHANGE YOUR LIFE PERSONALLY. BELIEVE ME I’M A TRUE AMERICAN THATS ALSO A GULF WAR VETERAN IS AS SCARED AS ANYONE ELSE OF WHAT WE HAVE LET HAPPENED. MAY GOD BLESS CAUSE WE’RE GOING TO NEED IT.

30. Candis

They typo in my last comment was in the seond paragraph. Thesie note is for “Mike”…….sticky keyboard………..

31. Candis

Black power…….hahahahahaha! Barack Obama is like an oreo cookie. Black on the outside so you think you are eatig a chocolate cookie, then you taste the white cream and realize, like Obama’s rhetoric, that it was all a lie!
    Oh, and a note for “Mie”, the democratic party is the traditionally racist party; know your history! Jesus is not a democratic socialist, and just to make an even more far reaching statement, neither was Muhammad. Democrats are racists at heart, therwise, they would not be part of a political paty that has turned out presidents like Andrew Jackson, who was the first Democatic president; remember the trail of tears, that as Jackson and Obama has clearly said he thins of him as on of teh great democrats ever to grace the white house. Michelle Obama has never been proud of her country until her husband ran for office; Obamas politics re very similar to Jimmy Carter’s, she didn’t lie him, but she worships her husband? That is called being racist; that’s right, Michelle Obama is a racist herself.

32. Affortcot

All greetings! I have fallen in love today:)))))
    I wish to shout about love to all world ! :)
    Love this magnificent feeling:)))))

33. Mike

Ok, here is my rant for the weekend. My mother has been working for Obama (nothing wrong with that), but what she has told me proves Sen. John Murtha is right. She has been told by many democrats that they aren’t voting for Obama because he’s black and this isn’t western PA, this South Eastern PA about 1 hours drive from Philly. I find this appauling that in the 21st Century there are still people with such small minds that they are basing their opinions on race. I know that maybe as many will vote for him for the same reason, but I would like think that they also agree w/ him on many of his stances too. I think America may need Obama to win to just finally prove that there are intelligent and stupid people no matter what race you look at to these narrowminded rednecks. My ex, the mother of my own children is this way, it was one of many reasons why we are no longer together too. The sad fact is my children know it too, and I have continuously tried to influence them otherwise. Fortunately they have both made friends with some hispanic kids that are really great kids. As a matter of fact they may be the most polite of all their friends when they come over. I am glad through life experience they are learning if for themselves.

I think it is pretty will known Obama was raised by whites and that his father lives in Kenya. So what, if anything I respect the fact that desopite the racism he has had to face from both sides of the fence because of what he was born into. People have no choice about what they are born, it is what they grow into and how they conduct themselves that deserves respect or disrespect, but no one deserves to be hated for their skin color. Yes, I am 90% white, 5% American Indian and possibly 5% black and others. Thats what happens when you live in a melting pot like America. If it didn’t we’d all be inbreed and nuts. The sad part is that whites just lump themselves as white now. We have forgotten our own heritages and plites we faced in America. My grandfather (PA Dutch) was sold as an indentured servant when he was a child, this was within the past 85 years right here in PA. My other grandfather, also of German descent was kicked out of his house at age 12 when his mother died, left to fend for himself. He lucked out and a aunt took him in, but still neither finished high school. They both went on to live the American dream to one degree or another. They both owned homes and sent their kids to college. That dream is in jeopardy for my kids and McCain has the same old tired, played out trick down theories that in a greedy nation like our don’t work. It is time to move in another direction.

I think any of these right winged evangelicals better reread their Bibles, Jesus is a Democratic Socialist. He would be insulted that preachers live in mansions and drive fancy cars like the ones these so called Righteous Christians follow. There is nothing wrong with a minister taking care of their family, but not to the extent they live in luxory. Jesus was disgusted with the Temples filled with gold and jewels taking from the needy in the name of praising God. “Spreading the wealth” is exactly what Jesus would do, so there is your answer to WWJD, STW is WJWD. Listen to the words you say before you say them and think, does this really make sense? If there is a God then surely the followers of this so called right winged conservatism better check their consciences before they leave this earth,and make some changes or an enternity of damnation will surely await them. So the idea of the Republicans using the word Socialism to scare Americans into thinking they are any less free is proposterous and playing on the stupdity of Americans and our completely inept public education system. The French, the nation we got our Constitution based from, is socialist. Yet every time the govt. there does something that the overwhelming majority disapproves of they take to the streets in protest and the government changes their position because it is what the people want. When is the last time a Federal politician has actually done that? Anyway, I’m done. Grow a backbone Americans, open your minds and stop all this nonsense in government. Obama may not be the perfect candidate, but McCain and even worse Palin, are a nightmare waiting to happen. I would hope Sen. Ron Paul would work with Obama across party lines on the immigration issues (i.e. the North American highway is a disasterous idea for too many reasons to list here), and working to trim govt. size in areas we don’t need them and put to good use the areas we do. I still think Sen. Paul should become an independent and work to start a movement before the next election that will bring a legitiment third party to the forefront. We need a third voice to break up Washington as usual. Yes I have made my mind up to vote for Obama because above all else he has proven that in light of a nasty campaign run by McCain/Paiin he has remained steady and level headed. He has tried to focus on the issues and that is what a President is required to do. Much as Gen Colin Powell stated as his reason for supporting him. Now there was a Republican that I would have voted for had he not gotten entangled in the current Bush Admin.

34. MarkL

Please, stop injecting your sophmoric, infantile comments into this site – you’re really only serving to make yourself appear incompetent to fulfill your American duty to vote for any elected official, let alone for a president. Your mindset (vote for him because he’s black) is already a problem – this is a vote for the one person who will steer this country’s direction for the next 4 years – not for prom king. Unfortunately, many people will be voting for the first time, because a “black man” is running for office – and guess what? He’s 1/2 black, and was raised by white people. Do you think that the people who are voting for him based on race know this? I’m not saying Obama isn’t a valid or powerful candidate – I just hate to think that he’ll win the election based on his skin color. As far as appearance, yes, he’s 1/2 black. As for his upbringing, college experience, etc, he’s as white as John McCain. So really, is he really the “Black Candidate” that the African-American community thinks he is?

35. BAMF