18 responses to “Ron Paul’s Statement on the Passage of the Bailout Bill”

1. TC Kimlik Sorgulama

That is very attention-grabbing, You are an overly skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look ahead to in quest of extra of your excellent post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks

2. Meetra

I too was so saddened and depressed when this bill was passed. Already my father cannot find work, he is a brilliant engineer and there is no place for him in this country right now. I am a senior in college; I will have only one semester of school left after this one ends and I will not be able to finish. This is just wrong. I already do not qualify to even fill out the FAFSA for financial aid, and now this. I feel so personally betrayed by my own country. I curse the day Bill Clinton and his bitch wife were born as most of this started with their deregulation bill passed in 1999. I cannot believe how stupid people are not to have listened to Ron Paul in the first place. The one man that even cares about this country and no one pays attention. Congress should have created a grant program for these companies, it would entail a compact as to their dealings and would hold them from being so irresponsible with the American people and their money. If they violate the compact, the government seizes their company and sells off the pieces. These companies do not deserve the bailout. These executives deserve to be tried for treason and executed in my personal opinion. They are the real terrorists, the real enemy.

3. Seth

Maybe as a last resort, I’ll agree to that. Wait a minute.. the Govt. can take away our land. We would have to get our own army and navy if we were to defend it.

4. John Miner

Maybe we can buy some land from the government and start our own country!

Who’s in?

5. Seth

America has voluntary slave labor camps.

6. Mark

There is still a constitutional, though admittedly statistically small possibility of Ron Paul getting into the presidency. If the clueless in charge are unable to maintain the economy (by pumping in trillions $) until one of the chosen stuffed-shirts is picked at the convention, the delegates (Democratic or Republican) may wise-up and vote in Ron Paul, who is the only candidate that understands and communicates what he understands is happening in the financial markets. It would be a small blow to “democracy” in America, but it would be within the legal framework- the choice by delegates as last step was purposefully mandated by the constitution for cases just like this (i.e., people come to realize they are about to elect someone that HAS NO CLUE as to what is going on in a time of dire need).

I would give it 1:1000 of happening, but hey it is possible. If a couple more trillion $’s keep the game going until January, then the sheeple will get the stuffed-shirts.

Ron Paul needs to keep up his campaigning right up to the day of the convention. Everyone needs to contact delegates and make them realize they have this power.

7. Jorge Lopez

I will encourage everyone to WRITE IN RON PAUL’s name in the Ballot this Nov 4th. Ron: I am voting for you man.

8. Michael Pederen

Supprise, suprise. The Dow is down more then 500 points to its lowest point in the last four years. The “bailout” didn’t even keep the market propted up for 1 week. Glad my kids signed up for all this debt just by being born.

I too am writing in Ron Paul this November, I can’t support any canidate who will sell out our future and our kids futures. I will not longer vote for David Drier as he sold me out also.

Mike

9. SUSAN MORRIS

Dr Paul,
    I am very interested in freeing us from a debt ridden economy Recently I have found out about the hoax perpetrated by the Federal Reserve and the dangers of a central bank that is not run by our treasury department. I am interested in abolishing the Federal reserve. Can you help me begin a grassroots awareness of the Federal reserve. Once people are made aware of the banking policies of this country I am sure they will be on board with abolishing the Federal reserve. I live in Buffalo New York.

10. Ron Paul

[...] on the Passage of the Bailout Bill             Go to Top Ron Paul

11. Ron Paul

[...] Bill             Go to Top <H2 class=post-title>Ron Paul

12. Spencer

Paulson and friends should go to jail.

Snippet from this article–

“Many events in Washington, on Wall Street and elsewhere around the country have led to what has been called the most serious financial crisis since the 1930s. But decisions made at a brief meeting on April 28, 2004, explain why the problems could spin out of control. The agency’s failure to follow through on those decisions also explains why Washington regulators did not see what was coming.

On that bright spring afternoon, the five members of the Securities and Exchange Commission met in a basement hearing room to consider an urgent plea by the big investment banks.

They wanted an exemption for their brokerage units from an old regulation that limited the amount of debt they could take on. The exemption would unshackle billions of dollars held in reserve as a cushion against losses on their investments. Those funds could then flow up to the parent company, enabling it to invest in the fast-growing but opaque world of mortgage-backed securities; credit derivatives, a form of insurance for bond holders; and other exotic instruments.

The five investment banks led the charge, including Goldman Sachs, which was headed by Henry M. Paulson Jr. Two years later, he left to become Treasury secretary.

A lone dissenter — a software consultant and expert on risk management — weighed in from Indiana with a two-page letter to warn the commission that the move was a grave mistake. He never heard back from Washington.”

13. Michi Samad

When a similar financial crisis happened in Japan in the late ’90s, there was a sense of shame and dishonor and these real estate tycoons & banking CEOs did apologize to the country. In addition, the corporate executives voluntarily gave-up their salaries and retirement packages to the bailout, although there have never been “Golden Parachute” or “the sky’s the limit” executives’ salaries like America to begin with.

I think that the American taxpayer would like to see those who brought this country to this point, “voluntarily” GIVE the previous, or coming, year’s income to the bailout. We could start with WaMu’s Mr. Fishman, who got $19 million for three weeks’ work. I overheard that AIG’s new CEO’s salary is 900K a month. Is that true? Or 90K? After the American taxpayer did a big favor for them, this would be a great opportunity for them to “Do the Right Thing”.

14. rise up Rochester

It amazes me how few of my peers at school even know where the money the government spends comes from. It’s not my fault, I voted Ron Paul!

15. H. Craig Bradley

Although this bailout and the encouragement of additional moral hazards in the future won’t immediately be charged to today’s taxpayers, it could still affect most Americans of this generation. Our financial system has become less stable and reliable. Therefore, financial risks will remain higher than they otherwise would be. Consequently, people will likely loose money in the here and now.

In addition, we should expect the possibility of a lower or stagnant standard of living, as the funds to increase it may not be available for most consumers in the future.

For example, I expect we will suffer reductions in our future investment income and the value of our dollar through higher inflation. Jobs may remain difficult to find and secure, and wage growth suppressed, as well. Perhaps we must get used to having a disruptive financial scare every 10 years or so, as residents of Florida and the Gulf Coast periodically must cope with Class II & IV Hurricanes such as Katrina or Ike.

We had real bad recessions in 1980, 1990, 2001, and now, 2008. It seems like the financial hurricanes are more random and arriving more often lately.

16. Josh

Dr. Paul, in my heart, I hope your dire predictions turn out to be wrong. But in my head, I know them to be right. God help America in this time of folly.

17. PoorHouse

Well said, Ronnie, well said…

I’m still writing you in this November.

One of these days Washington will wake up to a revolt, but not until then will things ever change. I feel America is so uneducated in current times, stripped by the government over the years, that the people just won’t “get it” until things are so bad that they actually storm the steps. Sad, sad, sad. Our forefathers would be so ashamed.

18. Dave Charbonneau

I took the majority of this day to mourn the personal injury I and my country has taken. Then comes the anger; the anger that motivates to action.

I had a conversation just this past Thursday, where we were discussing the economy. “What a great time to be alive,” I mentioned to my friend. And she agreed. She had stated that she always had a passion for the 1960′s, an era of great change – yet she had been raised in the decades that followed. We discussed the heartache and discomfort that the 60′s must have brought about; that which looks attractive when looking back isn’t always joyous when going through them.

Such is our situation. For many, these current events are very uncomfortable – and I’m no stranger to the financial hits and heartaches of the year past. But the opportunity for growth we have in front of us is fantastic. See, Americans are great, resilient, passionate individuals. While it seems when we’re comfortable, we’re quite passive and our memories are short; but when somebody pushes our buttons we stand up and fight for principle, for what we feel is right.

Well, our buttons are being pushed right now. Government elitists are leaving the fingerprints of tyranny on more and more of the laws they enact. This country is not a democracy, but a republic. A democracy says, “majority rules.” But our Founding Fathers knew that once any unscrupulous majority figured out that they could take from the producers to give to themselves, the democracy is ruined. So a republic was born, where we have a system of individuals who represent the individuals, but are sworn first to uphold the Constitution and that which is true and correct. So that a simple majority didn’t win out, but a standard of law had to also be considered.

The challenge is this: Laws have been altered over time that allows a similar tragedy of a failed democracy. The republic has been twisted to give precedence to, not the simple majority, but to those who understand the ‘system’, to those who are either inside the ‘system’ or are “in bed” with somebody inside the ‘system’. Those who represent the majority have become both the pawns and the kings, and if they don’t play along, they’re considered the court jesters (no offense, Rep. Paul).

The solution? People who give a damn. And people don’t give a damn, as a majority, when they’re comfortable. The social comptrollers know this, and have strove for keeping the majority comfortable – and at this time at the expense of the nation. There are several problems the political leaches face right now: First, their victims are no longer comfortable. Now, this is okay (for the elitist) as long as there is fear involved; when people fear they cling to a solution of a sharp dressed guy/gal who simply makes unsubstantiated promises. And that leads us to the next challenge of the leach: The “people” are moving quickly past their fear and into disappointment and hurt over a betrayal of their voices not being heard by their representatives. Hurt moves quickly into anger. Anger – and I’m not talking about violent anger, I’m talking about moving resolve – anger leads to action.

Action is frustration when we, as individuals, don’t know what to do. But with a plan of simplicity, a clear cut goal, we can even differ on efficacy, but move forward we will.

The great news is that the Founding Fathers have already laid out a great path for us to follow (not to get back to, there’s no going backwards; but to move forward with). The great news is that, to paraphrase and borrow Joseph Ellis’ words, is that the principles of a prosperous nation do not need to be discovered or invented, only applied.

What we need is anything but a top-down change. We need a grass-roots, peace-filled revolution. This can be accomplished quite easily in under a short decade, in a fashion that casts NO ONE out of the process, except for elitist career politicians. That answer is found in Thomas Jefferson’s outline of a Ward System.

Well… I’ve written enough here. Inspired by my passion, this short message became a proclamation. The bottom line is that we can take pride in our country, in our freedoms, in our own individual strengths, talents and abilities. Thank you, Ron Paul, for your insights on making Economics the simple science that it can be, and sharing these with the world. That’s what I’m talking about: Each American taking what he or she has to offer, and combining our individuality for a great strength where every voice is heard and counted. You’ll hear more from me, and I hope to hear more from each American.