8 responses to “A New Era of Taxpayer Slavery?”

1. heyrun

Great article…!!!

We all are slave for a long time. I am tired of lies…

Thanks and good luck Dr.

2. Mike S.

We have to remain vigilant. I think our best bet is to keep on top of the issues, inform people of alternatives to the poorly managed corporations and big banks that take part in the government funded infringement upon the economy and our liberties.

To that end I put this up http://bailoutbunker.com/2008/10/what-banks-are-safe/

Good Luck to us all.

P.S.- I’d like to thank Proud Ronulan for finding me, even though I wasn’t ready to show off my site just yet. Very Vigilant!

3. Peter B

Five bucks for a little rubber wristband? I’m all for capitalism, but this sounds more like a spam and less like a call to action.

4. wvGin

Go to http://www.slaveuprising.com and pledge to make a stand.. Get your wristband today.

November 5th we will Rally for the cause to End This Slavery To The Government.

Also Join http://www.endthefed.us (main page)

http://endthefedusa.ning.com/ (social network)

5. Jacqueline D.

Paxalot: That is what I am doing now. We recently moved from the city to the country. Tiny mobile home with 3 little kids, but no mortgage. :-) I’ll be planting a “liberty garden” soon. Our assets are going into infrastructure, which is a hedge against both inflation and deflation (whichever happens). Whether the Greatest Depression has begun, or whether Bush & Co. manage to stave it off for another year or two, it’s coming and it’s going to be bad. But at least we will have fresh veggies until FEMA confiscates them. :-)

6. Peter B

I’m reminded of Gene Hackman’s quote as Lex Luthor: “Son, stocks may rise and fall, utilities and transportation systems may collapse. People are no damn good, but they will always need land and they’ll pay through the nose to get it!”

Of course the value will change, and under our current system, we really don’t *own* the land (seriously, if you can’t pay your taxes, who comes and takes the land away from you?)… but it’s as safe a bet as any other.

Jesper, I’m curious as to your thoughts on “something fishy” going on with gold. It doesn’t seem like a wise investment, considering its completely arbitrary value, but did you have anything particular in mind when you said that?

7. jesper k

Good article Dr. Paul.

Paxalot: Commodities like corn, sugar, coffee (Columbia just reported there might be shortage next year) etc are safe bets, because they will never ever hit 0 value.
    Gold is a bit trickier it seems, at central banks have so much of it and there is something fishy going on there. But gold will keep a lot of value and most likely go up a lot, the more the dollar fail.
    Oil should be a safe bet too, but as you have probably noted, fishy things going on there too.

There seems to be a panic going on, or at least there has been. People have sold everything in this panic, hence the drops in prices I think.

Property, as long as it’s not financed with loans it too is not goint to ever go to 0. But as housing collapses, property will go down too.

8. Paxalot

Does this mean tangible assets like property, gold and agriculture will rise in value against the diminishing dollar? If so, should we being converting our cash into assets now?