72 responses to “Poll: Who are you voting for?”

1. Edward

Andrew…it’s a no-brainer…do the right thing and give your vote to Bob Barr…the 2012 Libertarian Party nominee needs your 2008 vote for automatic ballot access in the 2012 election…otherwise he/she will have to fight the courts and go through the costly burden of collecting signatures to get on the ballots….you think RP wants that to happen to the 2012 liberty candidates after the ballot access nightmares he himself went through back in 1988 as the LP nominee?

2. A

I still wear my Ron Paul shirts, underwear, and shoes almost everyday. Wish he was running!! The sign will stay in my yard…until I receive my “Don’t blame me, I wanted Ron Paul” sign. Maybe next go around?? DON’T GIVE UP!!!

3. Kenneth M. Williams

I mailed my vote, wrote in Ron Paul, had his sign up till today

4. Helives

Im voting for Ron Paul even if I have to scratch the other names off and write his in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets get back to the Constitution!

Helives!

5. andrew

Someone help. I am in New York. I can’t put Paul on the ballot. I can’t vote for Chuck Baldwin. All I really have available are O and M or Bob Barr. Whould voting Libertarian at least be a safe place to park my (protest) vote. I don’t want to not vote, but as the hour approaches I just can’t stomach voting for Obama (who I’d vote for over McCain if someone put a gun to my head)…

6. Alan

I’m voting for the Libertarian Party, not Bob Barr, for the purpose of securing ballot access in the 2012 election.

7. J

Come on people! Ron Paul is voting for Chuck Baldwin, not himself.
    Quit with this write-in crap!!! Ron Paul himself has stated that writing his name in is UNPRODUCTIVE. His word, not mine.

8. Kevin

What the hell,

Anybody who voted for Obama or McCain should be banished from this website.

People are so gullible!

9. Marci

It’s the first time I’ve not been excited about a candidate. Obama is inexperienced and promises too much, that I feel he won’t be able to deliver. J. McCain, on the otherhand, isn’t promising enough. I’d hoped he would have told us that he would be doing a reversal from the Bush administration’s policies!

As for Mr.Paul, I like a lot of what he has to say and will continue to listen, but I don’t like that he says it and doesn’t run for the presidency with more fervor! I understand that the media didn’t give the independents the same exposure as O and M, but I see that Ron Paul seems to be getting quite a bit now. Perhaps, he can work more efficiently outside of the presidency.

10. Jim W.

It is foolish now to vote for who you wish were in the running.

It has come to either BO or McShame.

Not voting takes away your choice altogether.

Voting for someone who has no chance or who is not eligibile
    proves nothing. Had Dr. Paul stayed in the race, the
    intelligent may have had a chance

Jim

11. James

It is absolutely great to be a Ron Paul supporter. You know Ron Paul is a terrific candidate and leader when his supporters are determined, informed, and tolerant (evidenced above) which is hard to find when you read through the McBama support full of hate and prejudice on both sides.

I must say I will vote for Chuck Baldwin only because I too support Ron Paul leaving the Republican party. Maybe this will force Ron’s hand?

If not, it pains me to say I hope Barack wins just so Dr. Paul will have the chance to lead this great nation back into the prosperous, humanitarian, isolated nation she was destined to be, in another 4 years. I just want my soldiers back; if the Rockefellers allow it.

I love my fellow countrymen, but I am saddened by what this nation has become. The general public is blind to the evils and injustices thrust upon them. The richest people in this world do not see themselves a citizen to any nation. They believe themselves to be above sovereignty, and unfortunately in a world run by greed, they are.

God Bless and Good Luck.

12. Travis

I’d vote for Ron Paul if he was on the ballot, but if it isn’t (which I assume will be the case) I’ll be writing in Mary Ruwart since I agree with her 100% and RP only 98%.

13. Ben

For those of you thinking of voting for the lesser of two evils, you may want to consider not voting for evil in the first place.

14. Bobbi

I beleive write in votes are counted as long as the candidate signs a declaration of intent. Is this correct? Did Ron Paul sign one? I’m in Montana, so I most definately voted for him, but was confused when people were saying Ron Paul was saying “dont vote for me”! I truly feel without that confusion right there… AND if people voted honestly who they felt would make the best president… Ron Paul would win. I honestly beleive that. Many people I’ve spoken to are voting either Obama or Mcain even though they beleive in Ron Paul’s message, but they say they do not want their vote to be wasted. I understand where they are coming from… BUT if anything is going to change in this Country, WE need to change and stick to what we beleive in.

15. Edward

I already voted for Bob Barr for President. I couldn’t get myself to vote for Baldwin’s theocracy.

If you want to write-in Ron Paul and feel good about it, why don’t you do what I did. I wrote his name on the ballot…but not for President…I wrote him in for Florida State Representative District 106…I had to choose between voting for someone named Richard L. Steinberg or doing a write-in.

So now I can say I have voted for RP.

Don’t forget that that the 2012 LP nominee and the 2012 CP nominee need your 2008 vote for automatic ballot access in the 2012 election…otherwise they will have to fight the courts and go through the burden of collecting signatures to get on the ballots…you think RP wants that to happen to the 2012 liberty candidates after the ballot access nightmares he himself went through back in 1988? Don’t forget that Ron Paul also discouraged you from writing in his name on the ballot.

16. Kevin Dean

Ron Paul’s campaign proved to me that liberty on the Federal level is impossible. I now advocate people move to the New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

Since the state I live in requires all write-ins be pre-registered, I know that no vote I cast will be in line with my viewpoints. My write-in vote will be for Free Talk Live. It will mean nothing in terms of the election, but there’s the tiny chance that whomever processes the votes might see it, and out of curiosity, check it out and be turned on to liberty.

If not, I’m still not subtly condoning the aggression of the state.

17. EMC

Hi All,

I have always voted as an Independent. This year I registered as a GOP because it is the only way my vote could be counted in the Florida Primaries since Florida is a closed state in primaries…you vote only or the candidates in the designation you are registered with…

This yer is a real battle..so here are my views…

The fact that Ron Paul is not running in 48 States for the Presidency, and was put on the Ballot in Louisiana and Montana,unsolicited by grass roots supporters, speaks volumes and leaves a lot of people a bit disillusioned. Ron Paul did not run…period…Yes, he endorsed Chuck Baldwin in a luke warm manner but that,too, leaves a lot to be desired,IMHO.

Rather than throw away a vote, and call it voting “your conscience”, isn’t it better to find the candidate that is the “less bad” and vote for him, just to keep out the person who may destroy our “Democracy” by nationalizing everything via a controlled society? Have you already noticed the “Obama Two Step Shuffle” as he now widens his views on Iraq, National health and taxes? Feature this. A vote for a third party candidate, other than for Ron Paul had he run, is truly merely a protest vote and not meant to change anything. It’s like a child wanting a candy bar/ice-cream/hamburger, etc., and not getting his way. What does he/she do? He/she throws a tantrum….sometimes.

Isn’t that what many are doing? Voters and non-voters? The alernative is to try to change a Party. The GOP will either win by a very slim margin or get trounced soundly. No party can “lose its way”, betray its fundamental principles and still stay in power. What happen to the “Reaganites?” Where have they gone?

Under George Bush I & II, the GOP has lost its way. It has become a party of war mongers, picking on little countries, while sidling away from the “Big Boys.” On top of that, the GOP has lost its conservative principles, straying from the Constitution, and has become a party trying to “Out Democrat” the Democrats by spending big money [which we don't have], waging war, getting involved in people’s lives at every turn ( instead of hands of), keeping the Federal Reserve, IRS, FDA, USA, supporting Codex Alimentarius, and all the other Agencies that have hurt and are hurting Americans.

Under Bush II, The GOP has even increased Big Governement growth at every turn, plunged us into unimaginable debt, and left our borders degenseless, in favor of NAFTA, the UN…Now the “Rescue Plan” is in effect and is designed to bring other Central Banks to our shores by getting the American taxpayers to pay foreign holders of Subprime paper, and even allow foreign scientists in other countries to “share” in Tax payers’ funding of their scientific “shared” research! [Thanks to Presidents Clinton and G.W. Bush.]

Ron Paul, for his part, has not left the Republican Party and is up for re-election of his Congressional seat. That should be a hint to all. If he doesn’t want to run for the Presidency and chooses to stay in Congress as a Republican, shouldn’t we understand the message?

In our two party system, whether we like it ot not, there is power and money. No third party has ever won recently, ( Lincoln was the last, with about 40% of the vote, back in 1860)… It’s a different ballgame today with the huge amount of money it now takes for a candidate to stay in the race.We had better figure out wich way to go. Little guys have no hope.

Ron Paul did give us hope but he refused to run after he was probably told to quit. [Now that is only my speculation. Any news on this?] He could have stayed in the race, seated or not, and could have tried to maintain his pledged delegates all the way to the convention. That would have made a resounding statement and maybe would have led to a compromise on the party platform…????

While I agee with the the Constitutional principles , I think it is better to work at the grass roots level, as GOP people, and take control of the local GOP chapters where possible. This may lead to a true “revolution” within the GOP and get it back on track, or, at least, get some conservative thinking back into the party. It’s called balance…

This election will see either a clear victory for the Democrats, in which case the GOP will have to re-think their strategy, or a squeaky win for the GOP, in which case they will still have to re-think their strategy.

Ron Paul will win his sat by a landslide ( 70%+) and that along with a potential GOP defeat at the top of the ticket, or just a whisker of a win, will send out a clear message. We are then in for some big trouble either way, because if the Democrats win, they will “revolutionize” everything to the left, but if they lose, they will feel threatened, betrayed and cheated. That is how politics is and we better get back to reality and work within a party framework.

Is it so hard to outsmart the “Old Guard” in the GOP, especially when their policies have wrecked the Party and America? I think not because a lot of them will want new leadership after this election. Ron Paul is a spiritual leader now and has to lead the way in finding a person who is ready, willing and able to work within the framework of the GOP, with Constitutional views. It back to the drawing board.

If the GOP win, where does Ron Paul fit in? He is definiteley the seasoned GOP voice of sanity…

Hats of to all Third Party candidates for their effort, but except for voicing a platform that resembles the Conservative element of the GOP as it used to be and should be now, where are they going, except to protest? It is better to work from within, rather than to look in from without. Fingers crossed!

Ciao and God Bless all whose heart is in the right place, EMC

18. Michael

Hey all,

I just want to point out that I am a big Ron Paul supporter, but will be voting for Chuck Baldwin in tomorrow’s election, due to the fact that Ron Paul endorses this candidate (and I agree with his issues, as they are mostly the same between the two). I would like to strongly encourage all Ron Paul supporters to make sure that you are in one of the three states that is accepting Ron Paul votes, and if not, please give some serious thought into changing your vote to Chuck Baldwin. In the words of Dr. Paul, “If the revolution is ever going to work, it will have to be bigger than Ron Paul”. Best wishes for tomorrow.

19. Rich

To Joe above, we know why Ron Paul endorsed somebody, we know write ins are not counted. The issue that many of us take with Chuck Baldwin, and the constitution party as a whole is that they do not promote freedom and liberty. The platform of the party seeks to establish a Theocracy. Bob Barr would have been a far better and more compatible endorsment from Dr. Paul, and Bob Barr is the candidate that will have my vote tomorrow. A lot more people here have cast their vote for McCain and Obama than have commented about it. I find that interesting and disturbing at the same time.

20. Buzz

If my ballot does not have a WRITE IN space for Dr Paul’s name, then I plan to write it hugely across the entire ballot. Yes, I understand that this will disqualify my vote. In this FAKE election…

The McBama “choice” offends me to the core. Which war-monger’s lies will YOU vote to fall for?

Sure, Chuck Baldwin would be a great choice. MANY of the 3rd party options could help the nation. Nader, McKinney, Baldwin all get my respect.

But as long as we’re in the “wishing on a star and pissing in the wind” mode of voting 3rd party, I want to be PROUD and INFORMED about my vote for RON PAUL.

Our Rockefeller/Rothschild owners will NEVER allow us to be governed by a person who isn’t already OWNED.
    So a 3rd party vote is merely a protest vote.

If I’m gonna protest tomorrow, I want to remember that I did it for DR PAUL. It was not Baldwin who lit the fire in me. It was not Nader who inspired me to donate REAL $ to a campaign. It was not McKinney who gave me hope that maybe this country CAN be saved.

7 letters
    R O N P A U L

And for the record, DENNIS KUCINICH gets my VP write-in

21. Peter

Ayone who Dr. Ron Paul endorses would get my vote, I’m English and therefore uneligible.

Campaign for liberty!

22. Dan Beaulieu

The lesser of two evils… you still get evil.

Refuse to cooperate, refuse participation

Revolution

23. Perry

I voted for McCain because a vote for him was best in my eyes to keep the liberal democrats out of the white house.

24. Joe

I believe Dr. Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin partly because he knows that write ins will most likely be ignored/discarded. Sure Chuck wont win, but at least by voting for him your vote will be included in the percentages and if a large percentage of people vote 3rd party it will send a message out to republicans/democrats and those considering voting 3rd party next time. I trust Ron Paul and if he endorsed Chuck Baldwin I will be voting for him.

25. l and b

Would certainly vote Ron Paul if we could. Will not vote for lesser of two evils, so Baldwin for my husband and I. At least this will tell them we don’t like the other two choices; Demo. or Rep. which are nothing more than two sides of the same coin.

26. Sally Dunn

We voted for Ron Paul in the primaries. Right now it seems to be important to at least try to keep the extreme of Obama out of the driver’s seat. Thus, our vote for McCain.

27. Kenneth B. Rees

I live in Colorado and we do not have a write-in option for the President voting process. Ron Paul was not on the ballot in Colorado so I voted for the American Independence Party on principle. Not that they have a chance. There nomination for President was Allen Keyes. I am not particularly a fan of him but I needed someone to give my vote to. I refuse to vote for either a Deomocrat or a Republican

28. Papatya

I wrote in Ron Paul last Tuesday during early voting. I’m so sick and tired of this mess!

29. mike

Silly question, but if I write in Ron Paul, does it even count towards anything? I have heard that they just discard the write in because he is not even on any ballot of any kind.

30. kderentz

I would vote for Ron Paul but he was not on the ballot here in Nevada. So I voted for one of the independents instead as I refuse to vote for Mc Cain or Obama.

31. Jason

Ron Paul needs to go independent to really make an impact in the next election. I think he would have a serious shot as a third party.

32. IPSecure

I will vote for Dr. Paul, the only honest man running…

We have a few years to gear up for the next ‘eLection’.

Please Dr. Paul, reconsider running next time.

33. gregor

i was thinking about following the good Dr.s advice
    and voting for Chuck and Darryl (some good fellas there)
    but this run we’ve had, i got to write in the man who
    really deserves this more than anyone
    Ron is gettin’ my vote

34. Sunyata

I have supported Ron Paul and would have voted for him had he been on the ballot in Massachusetts, but he isn’t, so I wont be voting at all in this election.
    I must say here that Ron Paul’s endorsement of Chuck Baldwin was a mistake. He needs to get the hell out of the Republican party and try to find some way of bringing the forces for freedom together in one viable body/party—otherwise this country is doomed. We are fast running out of time and the “Constitution Party” and “Libertarian Party”, with the help of Ron Paul and others, need to get their act together to pool resources otherwise the cause of freedom may be lost forever.

35. Dustin

I may be mistaken, as I’m very tired…feel free to correct me and provide sources.

I’m not voting. I should, I suppose…but I didn’t register, and I’m disgusted/ apathetic towards the election.

We do not elect the president…the electoral college does. Electors are nominated (and thus, chosen) by the states’ political parties (Dems and Reps). Therefore…unless electors vote for someone other than who they pledge to elect, a third-party win is impossible.

24 states have laws to prosecute faithless electors (electors who vote for someone other than who they’ve pledged to vote for. Electors must pledge to vote for whichever candidate the Dems/ Reps choose, as pledges are made before the 2 parties choose their presidential candidate. The supreme court has ruled against allowing electors refusing to pledge their vote.
    (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_v._Blair). We have no choice. We are offered two options which will yield the same end result…power over many, held by few.

What a mess. We need a revolution. I don’t mean pamphlets and mail and endless donations. I mean a march on Washington and a 2 hour television spot during prime time on a major network.

1 2 3