17 responses to “Bad Bank + Bad Debt + Bad Bankers = Bad Idea”

1. credit tips

Great reading material. I’ve learned a lot by reading here. Thanks!

2. Cartoon: You’re Going to Audit OUR Bank? | Austrian Economics Blog

[...] Bad Bank + Bad Debt + Bad Bankers = Bad Idea In his latest speech to Congress, Ron Paul points out… [...]

3. Jai

Keep going Ron, you have a good heart and speak truth, we the people have spoken through Ron Paul. Money is just paper they can print unlimitedly, corrupt mongrels should be ashamed of themselves.

Real economy is Gold, Silver, Jewels and commodities like Food, Clothing, Silk, Materials etc. You can’t eat money and land should be freely distributed to the people.

Vote Ron Paul 2012.

4. Brian

I love Ron Paul and traditional American policies that our founding fathers initiated. I support Ron Paul and all of his ideas. I voted for him in 2008 and will vote for him again in 2012. With that said…….I wish Ron Paul would do a piece on how the “average American” can himself take actions in his own personal life to protect his wealth/make new wealth for himself and his family. My questions personally are the following: should I buy more guns and ammo? Should I invest in Gold? What small businesses does Ron Paul think will work well in Great Depression 2? Should I invest in real estate or rent and stay in cash? Should I move to a third world country and live well among poverty, if the USA is going down into for 3rd worldism itself? If so, which countries have a better primary school system, lower tax rate, are business friendly and not hostile towards white people? The question is this-I am not going to be taxed into poverty under Obama’s wealth redistribution scheme and I am not going down with the USA? Is it time to abanded ship?

1. Dean

Just saw your reply, Brian and must say that I too have those same questions. For me at this point – I will not access credit. I have my house payment and my motorcycle, and that’s it. If I can’t pay cash for it then I’m not buying it. I have been saving cash too and looking to buy gold as well.

What we really need to do is to organize a 60 minute prime time TV special with Ron as the moderator with the objective of not giving in to the “Bankers” games anymore.

As a nation we need to stand up and shout in unison that we are not going to take it any longer – Keep your credit, I’ll get by on my own Thank You!!!

As a nation, we need to push the government into getting out (and staying out) of free markets. The FED needs to be abolished, Gov spending needs to be cut at least 20% across the board now, and we need to get out of foreign affairs.

5. to dissent and expose

I fear for Mr. Paul.

6. Dude, Where’s My Government? | theCL Blog

[...] know … those nice, mainstream, moderate Republicans really do look out for us, sure wouldn’t want representation like this. How right he is … the little guy gets hurt.  As a friend of mine would say, “same as it ever [...]

7. Tseday M

Thank you Ron Paul for standing for the truth!
    I pray your colleagues will hear your call and act now!
    America has to change before it is too late. Keep it up!

From Canada

8. Jimmy Stewart

Thank you Ron Paul, for always telling the truth to the American people! The ruling politicians in Washington today are lying to us about most everything. But contrary to what those conniving bums think, the people of this country certainly do have the right to know the truth. Lay in them, Dr. Paul!

9. Frank R Nelson

When I hear this bravehearted man Ron Paul speak, I wonder if it wasn’t something like hearing Thomas Jefferson or Old Tom Paine speak out in the early days of American history. I expect they are standing right there with him, we just can’t quite see them.

10. Old Tom Paine

The voice of truth and honesty, speaks again! Ron Paul in 2012!

11. Ken Freeman

Stay safe Ron.

12. Dean

Dear Ron,

Why aren’t any of these people in Washington listening to you? Warren buffett refers to what’s happening as an economic apocalypse. I’ve been referring to this for a long time as an Economic Armageddon.

What do we need to do to keep this ship from sinking? Can all these politicians be so blatantly blind and stupid? None of them has a clue what’s going on, or what’s going to happen as a result of the FEDS economic suicidal behavior. Keynesian Economics is DEAD (period). Bernake and company needs to realize this and start to let every company survive or die based on their own entrepreneurial spirit. The FED needs to be abolished, the government need to slash spending – across the board by 20% NOW, and we need to start protecting our own boarders and stop forcing our democratic beliefs on other nations. Sure, you mess with us we’ll come get you when you least expect it, but for now, we just have too much on our plate at home to deal with your trite religious border wars.

God bless the ignorant for they know not what they do- in Washington and other Nations, and may Ron Paul’s message resonant with fever among all politicians that can hear.

You’re our only hope in Washington, Ron – God speed my friend!

13. longshotlouie

Having abandoned the sound-money principle, governments’ central banks are in the very process of forcing down the interest rate over time, by way of strongly expanding credit and money supply. This, in turn, leads to asset price inflation, misallocation of scarce resources, inducing cyclical swings (“boom and bust”).

To make things worse, central banks allow credit supply growth to systematically outpace income growth, and so the economies’ overall debt-to-GDP ratios are brought up over time. Such a development is economically unsustainable, even though it might go on for quite some time as the central bank keeps pushing down the interest rate.

- Mises

Not much wiggle room left.

14. Ken Freeman

Unfortunately most of the sheeple have no idea what’s going on…..

1. Reg

I can honestly say I am no longer a sheaple. I am not sure how this is all going to play out…but its not going to pretty.

15. Nate