1,069 responses to “Ron Paul 2012”

1. Foreigner

I’m not even American (I’m British), but I hope Ron Paul wins. The man speaks undeniable logic and truth on every subject I’ve heard him speak. People with morals are few and far between these days, even more so in politics! Please run for President in 2012 Mr Paul!

2. Mark Washa

I think Ron Paul and Pawlenty should run together and get the tie-breaking 20 percent of the vote, record win.

3. Arthur Vonshtain (author of "Free to Be Me")

I will vote for Ron, I will vote first time in my long life.

1. The American

Who are you man? I like the way you think.

4. Ein

Ron Paul for President for American people in 2012 yes!!!!

5. No future for our children

Ron, all we can say is please please please.

My wife and I see virtually NO future for our children unless they get in with the sleaze on wall street or big banks….and who would ever wish that on anyone.

Big Govt is out of control. Money is being printed faster than ever and it is simply a matter of time. This model WILL NOT SUSTAIN.

And the Fed…oh the Fed…loved your book and lets end it now.

6. Johnny S

Ron Paul HAS to run,,, this country needs a whole new direction,,,we are in some serious trouble… Dr. Paul, if your reading this….. there are people like myself who have never wanted any part of politics, now I would work 40 hrs a week for free if it meant helping your campaign win…I cant see you not running in 2012,,,i know you wont turn your back on your biggest supporters…

7. Me

I am from Canada. It would be ignorant of anyone to say that this would not influence the entire world. I am a strong believer that most of the world would support true change. That of getting away from wars, hundreds of billions of dollars of war related spending each year, economic terrorism, the taking of rights – instead of the liberating that the politicians lie about – and all the other negative attitudes and actions that the US has brought to the table in the last few decades. Up here in the north we would be full supporters of Ron Paul. It would be a good way to judge our next Prime Minister as well. If he supports Paul, we support him!

1. Mike Rael

A pleasure to read this, though I’d love to know your first name. Mine is Mike:)
      I’m a bit curious: isn’t Canada mainly a socialistic country? Or do I have that wrong nowadays?
      best always,
      Mike

8. babs

PLEASE RUN!!!! We need a grown-up in the White House!

9. Mike Rael

Hi Allison,
    Why are you asking for help on a board devoted to thinking about RonPaul’s place in our country?
    What kind of help are you looking for? Advice? Money? Contacts?
    You rejected jobs that sound OK to me temporarily while you investigate what you really want to do. What was so “unfulfilling” about the managerial jobs?
    Can you relate your answers to Ron Paul’s general political philosophy? Or failing that, how about writing to me personally at mikerael5 at yahoo’s server?
    best wishes,
    Mike

10. heath allison

My parents have been small business owners since the 70′s. They both had to take on jobs during the previous market resets by wall street. This reset didn’t effect them because they had prepared and knew it was coming again. On the other hand I haven’t done so well. I didn’t listen to my parents and now I’m broke back home w/girl and her 2 kids w/no job. I tried managing at Dollar General, Target and KFC/PIZZA HUT/TACO BELL/BP gas station combo store. None of these were fullfilling. My parents want me to go back into the food industry as owner/operators where we made most of our success. I am totally scared because of the current economy and gov. controls……pls help my girl and I w/2 kids get back to work and offer jobs and good food/service in our city…

1. J

Your waisting your time asking for help here Allison. These people are fascists and only offer more of the same with their competing banks and currencies.

11. anonymous

Deadheads against obama!!!!

12. Curtis Howard

I voted for Barack Obama for my 1st Presidential Vote. I would be happy to register as Republican and vote for Ron Paul in 2012 if he runs. I already have my family turned onto him and backing him as well.

My thoughts and prayers are with this man. He’s going to be going up against some very powerful people who operate from behind the scenes.

I worry about his safety.

God Bless you Ron Paul! Keep speaking the truth!

13. Mike Rael

Hi everyone:) Ron Paul isn’t the only honest politician around. I feel confident that, for simple honesty, Newt Gingrich or Sarah Palin would be fine. My problem, strictly from a financial viewpoint, is *how* are they going to drastically cut spending? Everyone talks a great game, but when you try to pin them down to a specific program, they run away. I love Ron Paul when he says, in beautiful simplicity, that we have over 600 military bases around the world, bases which, for the most part, we do not need in order to be more secure as a people. Paul suggests we get rid of those bases prontisimo which, he says, would net us a trillion dollars! That’s using the “T” not the “B.” That kind of savings could mean we radically reduce income tases for everyone, individuals or corporation, without any fears of bankrupting the country.

Next Paul talks about eliminating tons of regulations that amount to an added tax on everything we use. As far as I know, Paul is the only one thus far who has gone this route except for the Objectivist (lover of Ayn Rand’s capitalistic philosophy based on ethical rational self-interest) who lost out in his bid for election , Stephen Bailey. Bailey talks about *first* revitalizing the country in this way before tinkering with social security entitlements or welfare. That way when folks on social security found that they were getting somewhat less than they expected, it would be *far* easier to get some additional part-time work as needed and they wouldn’t be facing the dread prospect of super-inflation. Prices would be going down, generally, not up!!

I also like Paul’s stance on foreign aid. He doesn’t want it. Period.

Perhaps most important of all Paul’s prescriptions for financial health is the auditing of the Fed. Where are those trillions of dollars the Fed magically produces for the latest welfare programs? Where did they come from? What happens to the dollar itself as a result of the Fed’s machinations? Here is where things can get really interesting. Paul will now *definitely* be chairman of the House subcommittee in charge of…overseeing the Fed! In other words, if Paul just retains his House seat (a certain win for him nowadays) he will have one of the important jobs in government

I mentioned all the other possibilities of a Paul Presidency to have a fair listing ot the positives of a Paul Presidency. There are more positives as well, but these are the main ones, as far as I know. When I balance them, though, over the fact that Paul looks deeply old and tired lately, that suggests that running for President might adversely affect his health. Those of us who would *love* him to oversee the Fed and who care for Paul simply as a man could now accept that running for President might not be in his long-term self-interest. Not if his health breaks down along the way!

I would love a Ron Paul Presidency but, one moment risking Paul’s health, and the next feeling unsure of the power of the Tea Party to actually elect a President, I’m not clear that he should run. On the other hand, what if he had a vibrant, youthful Vice President candidate with him, such as Sarah Palin? Wow! She could seriously share a good percentage of the running-for-President problems and help mobilize the Tea Party all the way. Personally, a Paul-Palin ticket would be one I’d *love* to campaign for and to vote for! McCain, in comparison, was a mistake of the Republican Party.

How do the rest of you feel about all this?

best wishes to all,
    Mike Rael, MS

1. Kaz

Jim DeMint (SC) would get my vote if Ron Paul did not run…

I do not trust Gingrich (research him well…).
      I do not know much about Palin…

2. jc

Though I’m encouraged by your support of Ron Paul, it’s pretty apparent that your knowledge of him is superficial. Keep looking into him beyond one or two issues, and you’ll find a real leader, not just another politician. He has a coherent American ideology, not just a partisan stance on one issue or another. Though he may have awakened the American people to the realization that big government involvement may not be a good thing, he really is not representative of the Tea Party movement. Sure, he’d get most of the Tea Party votes, but he’d also get a ton of Republican, Independent, and Democratic support.

And, PUHLEEZE, do not mention him with any kind of connection to Sarah Palin. They could not be more different, and having her on the ticket would be disastrous.

14. Mike Rael

Ron Paul should not run for President. He looks old and tired, to me. This kind of run could hurt him physically!

I understand that he is in line to be Chairman of the House Finance Committee. That’s one of the most important jobs in government. It would mean he wouldn’t have to run and risk his health. Yet he could be a powerful influence against either a super-depression or hyperinflation.

best wishes all,
    Mike

1. Secia

Ron Paul may be old, but he is the only person I would vote for. For a lot of us, he is the only hope we have and I sure hope he decides to run. He does have a lot more support than he used to and I am sure a lot of people (including me) will do as much as we possibly can to raise awareness and get his name recognized more. I am so not into campaigning for politics, but I would for Ron Paul.

1. Mike Rael

Hi Secia:)
        I don’t think you really hear me, amigo. I said that if Ron Paul ran, he would risk his health. That is the problem.
        I’d be only too happy with a Ron Paul Presidency, but not if he got a heart attack while running or perhaps after he just got elected!
        I care for Ron Paul the person, not just what he could do for me as one citizen.
        best wishes,
        Mike

1. Robb Skinner

I fully agree Mike. I feel he is a great hope for The USA. But, if he were to jeapordize his health; what would that gain? I would love to see him as our President. I feel he would help bring us back to what our founding fathers meant us to be. However, I would not want to see him falter due to health. He can still do great things in his new capacity. He is also in a position to see who would follow in the same beliefs and underwrite their campaign. I feel that Mr. Paul is just as important in America today as many of those who started this great nation. He is a true treasure. I would not like to see his life shortened by pursuing the presidency. Alas, noone knows what his health can endure but the man himself. If he feels he is up to it, I will back him. If he doesn’t, I will back whoever he endorses. We are in trying times and need good, honest men like him. Let us hope that whoever wins in 2012 (whether it be Mr. Paul, or not) will stand for the same principals. Cheers Mike.

Robert Skinner

1. Mike Rael

Hi Robb:)
            I’m so glad to hear from you. I got a bit discouraged that no one else here seemed to understand that if Paul does not have his health, ultimately he has nothing:( Do say Hi to me via personal email, if you like Robb. I’m at mikerael5 on the yahoo server.
            best wishes always,
            Mike

15. FairTaxNow

I can’t believe you would seriously want him to run again. Did he ever break 7% in any state primary? not that i remember. He had lots of money and it got him squat in the races. He was always at the bottom and would be again. He is just way outside mainstream America and that isn’t going to change, not to mention he is wayy to old now.

1. LIBERITARIAN

YOU are EXACTLY why America will never have the president we deserve. I can imagine you jumped on the Obama bandwaggon? Hey let’s elect our first black president..it will be cool..who cares about his views. His lies were evident even before he took office and anyone that didn’t vote for Ron Paul is either corrupt or retarded. He is the ONLY honest person that ran.

1. Bill

Well said…

…and that’s not even mentioning the millions of people who never felt the need to even register to vote or be politically active in any way until someone of color was on the ballot… hmmm …..whos racist?

Our country will reap what we sow unfortunately…

well, our grandchildren will.

2. Bill

He was ahead in the primary polls until people bought into Giulianis good ‘ol boy “I was there” on 911 comment during the debates after Ron Paul implied that our failed foreign policies are the REASON we were attacked.

All of the good ‘ol boy “politicians” up there on stage jumped on the beat down Ron Paul bandwagon —– as well as the “someones in my pocket” media people who were running the debate……

after that fiasco they once again made the one man who is honest and tells it like it is— look like the crazy guy to the nonthinking drooling sheep in America who make their decisions not with their mind–but from what the 60″ flat screen idiot box tells them to do…..

that is the only reason why he didn’t win the primary last time…. look at the early poll numbers for the primary—- he was winning.

3. jc

Well, I’m proud to say that he won the straw poll here in Nevada with 32% in 2008. And that was before any talk of the Tea Party movement. I would think that in 2012 there will be more disillusionment of traditional partisan politicians and better hope for someone with sound ideals, especially with regards to our government spending epidemic.
      Of course, that’s probably too optimistic, and the reality will be that most people will again just buy into whatever Fox, CNN, and MSNBC want them to believe.

16. jon robinson

Mr. Paul is about the only person I have heard talk about the real issues in today’s environment. I am a 20 year military man and I have seen the apex of waste in our two wars on terror, war on drugs, and hundreds of overseas bases left over from wars that ended 50 to 60 years ago. American wake up! Any politician who won’t talk about real issues has no business leading us!

17. barret hensiak

of course!
    i hate to say it but, he must!
    i think hes the only chance of a real america thats left.
    hes the only congressman with a dang soul!!!!
    the people support him, the govt doesnt, PERFECT!

18. Bonnie

Absolutely !!!

Just went to his site to send him an email from New England. I wanted to thank him for speaking up for us and for introducing his legislation. Also told him I sent my state rep an email to tell him to support the legislation and I encouraged him to run in 2012.

obama is definately out in 2012 – he’s losing democrats (I’m now a former democrat after seeing what they’re willing to do) so obama has NO CHANCE of surviving

19. Carol K. Bell

Ron Paul is the man for the job. With this country in the mess that it is in;
    We need a man in office with Intellect, Integrity, Honesty and Values. I LOVE RON PAUL!!! RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012. RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL!!!!

20. Joseph Hill

Ron Paul is the only chance we have as Americans to take back our country from the corrupt politicians who want to see the down fall of America. If we can figure out a way to legitimize the voting system so that the peoples vote is the only one that counts, we may have a chance. We have got to figure out a way to count each ballot in such a manner where there is no room for error. YES Ron Paul should run for President and his son should run for Vice President. What a team that would be.

21. Mike

Ron Paul for President and Rand Paul For Vice President! ps, for presonal heath care freedom watch “Run from the Cure” on youtube!

22. Bob Vondruska

Ralph Nader?? I don’t know Jeffrey; somehow I can’t see that combination working very well. No disrespect to Mr. Nader or to your opinion, but he is probably a bit too far to the left to be Ron Paul’s VP choice. Then again, Gary Johnson has some notable differences from Ron Paul on some social issues, so your opinion is no less valid than mine. I will say that Ralph Nader is a man of principle, but I just can’t help but think that it wouldn’t end up being a toxic mix.
    I believe that Ron Paul will have to choose someone who is essentially like him in every way. Chuck Baldwin wasn’t a bad choice in 2008, but Gary Johnson has the credentials as a two-term Governor, and an unrivaled record of accomplishments to go with it that make him the best choice for VP. The only problem will be convincing Gary Johnson to sit in the passenger seat. Regardless, Gary Johnson will have to make that decision for himself when he crosses that bridge at the nominating convention in 2012.

23. Jeffrey Jay

Could Ron Paul be successful with Ralph Nader as his VP I think thats a great question. I’d love to see the polls on that one. Would Nader accept that? I don’t even totally agree with everything Paul says but I think he has a good foundation and he doesn’t seem to be so afraid of the owners of this country. He’s 76 right? I guess he figures what can they do to me?

24. Bob Vondruska

Absolutely yes, Ron Paul should run for President in 2012! The reason being that none of the other potential G.O.P candidates (with the exception of Gary Johnson) will do what needs to be done to save our nation from financial ruin. Gary Johnson would be better than anything that the Republican establishment can put forward, but Ron Paul would simply do it better. Gary Johnson would be a great Vice-Presidential running mate for Ron Paul when Dr. Paul gets the nomination, but Ron Paul has to be in the drivers seat. What we don’t need are any of the neocons who ran in 2008 (Romney, “Huckleberry”, Giuliani), or one-topic, end of the world, religious fanatic fearmongers like Gingrich. We also don’t need dingbats like Sarah Palin or Chris Christy, or amateur neocons like Tim Pawlenty or Jeb Bush. There is only one man who has the principles, the knowledge and the will to do the job, and that man is Ron Paul.

25. Disappointed Democrat

Yes, Ron Paul should run. The country needs him now more then ever. The Fed is out of control. Government has expanded beyond its capabilities to do anything positive for its citizens. Iraq and Afghanistan are both huge mistakes for prior, present, or future involvement. Someone like Dr. Paul could fight the widespread corruption of big banks, the Fed, and the governmemnt…

26. Mikus

So many Canucks.

School yourselves on this excellent vidoe about money.

1. Jack

Bill Stils is just another plagiarist of Mike Montagne´s work, and he seems unable to understand or explain the core of the problem, let alone offer solutions.
      Check out the source dude for a better understanding. There is only one solution.

27. Craig Mouldey

Also Canadian, hoping the best for our countries and seeing the huge danger wa are in. Ron Paul has zeroed in on the first and formost issue that MUST be dealt with if we are to have a fighting chance of being free and prosperous: End the Fed and end their system of banking. Only then will their be economic stability.

28. El Rico

I am Canadian and would actually (almost) want Canada to join the US if RP becomes pres. He is not just the only Republican with a backbone, he may actually be the only politician anywhere with one.

Wish I could vote!

29. Nate Parsons

Just what America needs not one but two doctors Paul/Paul 2012

30. Gene Ponder

Ron Paul has proven his conservative merits. Ron Paul is the ONLY politician who speaks the truth about the undelegated power and authority of the Federal Reserve. I will personally waste my vote on the Libertarian candidate if Ron Paul refuses to save our nation as a Republican candidate for the Presidency in 2012. Freedom, prosperity, and civil liberties need Ron Paul in 2012.

Gene Ponder
    Daphne, Alabama

31. ron paulson

As a canadian, Ron Paul is my favourite republican. He’s actually the only republican politician I like.

32. Steve Rhodes

I usually vote democrat, but I might make an exception for Ron.

33. Bryan

I believe that it is FAR more than one man who is to put us on the right track. However, Ron Paul is better than any option we’ve had in decades.

YES — but not an optimistic yes… we need an administration change. With all of his influence and levelheadedness, Ron Paul cannot be the only force responsible for ditching the corruption behind the scenes of the political puppets that we see everyday.

If we are fortunate enough to have Ron Paul as president, it will only be the beginning. Part of me believes that it isn’t an administration change that will revitalize America, but a revolution.

The fact is, we need Ron Paul’s wisdom speaking to us instead of the warm-and-fuzzy stupidity of Obama.

34. auralius

yes please

35. Jack

Satan (Lucifer) and the money changer (s) (austrian´s)– one and the same.

It was our freedom from responsibility that killed the Kennedy´s!

It’s a f…..g prophetic tune.

Rock on