1,069 responses to “Ron Paul 2012”

1. Libertarian

I cannot back Ron Paul after he went against Roe vs Wade. The essence of liberty is choice.

1. Ray

Ron Paul is against any federal intrusion into Private and local matters.
      Roe vs Wade is no exception.
      Federal government powers have grown far beyond anything our founding fathers could have ever envisioned, and Ron Paul is trying to change that mistake by insisting that government follow the Constitution.

2. BuffaloBill

Personal choice? There is a choice that’s made… do I need to explain it?

Your post made me laugh because you are posting here with the name “libertarian” and dont really understand LIBERTY…

You obviously missed the foundation of the concept. (and is why you dont “get” Ron Paul) Liberty is SELF ownership. You own your life…and nobody else. Your “Liberty” ends where another life is entered into the equation.

Harming another life isn’t within your rights to do. You are looking at it all wrong.

Anyway….even if we agree to disagree fundamentally… legally, where in the US Constitution does the federal government have authority to make decisions on medicine or medical procedures? Are you going to say abortion is covered under the “general welfare” clause too? That’s a real stretch. I dont see it in article 1 sec.8 that’s for sure. So it should be reserved to the states… not to some court decision based on a woman who was admittedly telling lies on the stand.

2. Duke

Ron and his son shod both be on the ticket !! And here’s the ticket
    Dogcatcher and sewer cleaner !! That’s where these two belong and with serious apologies to the latter two professions and the good folks that work there. The last thing we need is a baby doc running this country !!! Doctors are notoriously poor business people and are prejudice by their profession ( most are) and have little concept of the real world! Jr boy rand Paul looks and talks scary and cldnt even qualify as a board certified doc so he formed his own certification group. Two real losers simply trying to fool us they care about anyone but themselves!

1. Bill

you are going to insult a congressman and a senator like that while we have a president (who you likely voted for) who has never had a real job in his life???

you are a joke dude. go troll somewhere else.

2. Bill

Duke.
      So when you have finished talking nonsense, how about giving us a good reason for the foolish comments yer making. Unless of course, like most Liberals, you can’t find a common sense reason for your beliefs so stupid comment will have to suffice.

1. BuffaloBill

another Bill?… hmmm. Guess I will use a different name on here now…

anyway, its not about duke being a liberal its about him being a troll, and a simpleton who is saying things like “Doctors are notoriously poor business people and are prejudice by their profession”

…dont just insult the liberals, some of them have good ideas, albeit not very many… but what that guy said is just pure ignorance.

1. Wild Bill :)

Unfortunately Bill, as you probably know, Bill is a very common name.
          Liberals are an insult to my freedoms just as many of today’s Non conservative Republicans are.
          I don’t normally insult them unless they say something stupid like ol Duke did.
          And like you pointed out, he probably voted for Obummer. (Oops, I mean Kenyan born Barry Soetaro.

Now Ron Paul is the exception to the Liberal republican rule..
          He is one of a very limited few registered Republicans who is actually of a Libertarian mind.

1. BuffaloBill

I just didn’t want anyone to confuse us…. and the world is full of Bills like us and other bills like the mortgage, phone, gas, electric and those evil credit cards… there is always a tons of bills everywhere you go.

and you are right… We all just have to love having a commander in chief that has an AKA.

3. Jake Witmer

Ventura/Paul Libertarian In ’12

No ballot access worries, and a unified freedom movement that lasts no matter the outcome of the 2012 election. This allows Ventura and/or either Paul to run again in 2016. This way, the best freedom fighters don’t eliminate ballot access for the Libertarians, and whoever the Libertarians run in the future doesn’t have to reinvent the wheel. (…Because ballot access is based on number of votes in prior election. If they run as independents, that eliminates ballot access for the Libertarians in the future, because all the small-L and big-L libertarian voters vote with the pro-freedom candidates who have a shot at winning.)

This could be a game changer, but somehow I anticipate all involved will take out machine guns and shoot themselves in the foot, because libertarians cannot seem to think intelligently about political strategy. This makes us a laughing stock, to the machine, that only thinks about strategy.

We might have the right philosophy, but until our candidates and their managers can put aside what’s best for the candidate and the manager, and do what’s best for the long term goal of individual liberty, there’s not much hope of a change.

Peace.

4. S.Nissen

I believe the climate is right for Dr.Paul to have a valid shot at winning the election. Personally I’d like to see him dump the GOP and get on board the Tea Party movement or Independent ticket. I’m tired of both the reps & dems. It’s time for a ligit third party.

Paul in 2012 !

5. Lindsey

Ron Paul needs to move over and let his son Rand run. Rand could actually win the election while Ron’s time has passed. I know that will infuriate a lot of you but Oh Well!

6. Mr. G

I’ve always been a independent. I like to support candidates that make sense and offer a solution that I can agree with. Unfortunately most candidate rarely have enough time to accomplish what they desire in the grand scheme of things. Then some candidates do positive things and then counteract those things with ridiculous negative things. (Bush, Clinton, Obama to name a few) So far I’ve agreed with almost everything Ron Paul has suggested. But truthfully speaking, he encompasses likeability to go along with sensible campaign views. He almost sounds too good to be true, just like Obama did in 2008. But I will say this. He isn’t saying he will save the world and all poor people like Obama’s message (i’m generalizing of course) But he is saying “Liberty for all” and since I support my family and myself and have never taken a handout from any government agency, I have to agree with the Liberty idea. I will continue to take care of myself and I don’t feel the need for big brother to peek over my shoulder or limit me in anyway. I will wait to hear more from Ron Paul. I won’t say he has my vote since he hasn’t announced that he is running for president, but he’s definitely got my attention. Signed an honest black man who cares about his family, his country and his ability to succeed on his own. (liberty and pursuit of happiness)

7. Residential Construction MBA

He has got to take a mainstream republican VP candidate if he wants to be electable, otherwise Dr. Paul will only split the “conservative” vote and we will end up getting another 4 years with the egotistical king we have now….if our republic lasts that long. I want to vote for him but if it means taking the hell express with the current president by giving him four more years I will end up voting to at least slow the boil.

8. Christopher

With Ron Paul we will burn down this busy-bodied socialist American empire that we’ve shamelessly become; not with a match but with a goddamn patriotic blowtorch, and restore our good name and our inherent liberties!

Ron Paul= Savior and the only prayer we got….

WHAT PART OF “SHALL NOT INFRINGE” DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

DON’T TREAD ON ME…
    YOU WILL NOT TREAD ON ME.

9. Brett

Ron should indeed run for President. However, the “BILDERBERG” GROUP will never allow it!

10. Dave

Yes I would vote for Ron Paul for sure. We need Ron Paul as our leader. A wise man to be sure. Please Run for President. I will help in any way I can.

11. Mike Rael

Really, friends, it’s necessary to read Ron Paul’s comments in context in order to see where he’s coming from. Sure, he wants to cut aid to Israel, but he *also* wants to cut aid to all the Arab countries. The Arabs get, in toto, twice the amount of aid as the Israelis. So actually, the Israelis would be *better* off without our aid.

12. Tim

Since “Ron Paul” and his son put a bill together to take funds away from Israel, I have to now look away from a person that I respected in TX! I am shocked when I find that Christian principles have/are being violated! “Psalms 68:26 Bless ye God in the congregations, even the Lord, from the fountain of Israel.”

Deeply saddened.

Tim

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 3 Thumb down 18

1. mike cooper

I don’t believe in a God and I don’t want my money going to Isreal or any other country. So how do you fix the conflict of interest between you and I? You gonna put a gun in my face and demand I send the apartheid state of Isreal my money? Or maybe you’d prefer to volunteer your wealth to the charity of your choice and let me do the same. Whatever the case you have no right to take my money. I say vote for the man with a plan to reduce my expenses and create a climate of voluntary association not forced compliance.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 2

1. Me

I agree.
        I’m tired of seeing trillion dollar deficits wile our government throws money to every nation needing help. Our borders do not include the middle east.
        They need to solve their own problems without our financial help.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 2

2. lg

Tens of milllions of Americans are currently unemployed and on food stamps. I am all for cutting foreign aid before we take one crumb out of an American mouth. Israel is a rich country and they don’t need our money!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 2

3. Bill

WAKE UP!!! EVERY PENNY OF THAT AID IS USED TO BUY WEAPONS—we cant “give” weapons but we sure as hell can “donate” money that they use to buy the weapons to terrorize the Palestinians. Do you really think Israel makes their own weapons?! …those arms are bought from US with our own money!!! and its been going on year, after year, after year.

Dont believe me— here is a quote from Frida Berrigan from the World Policy Institute from way back in 2006—”Military aid stands at about $3 billion a year. That’s about $500 for every Israeli citizen that the United States provides on an annual basis. And then, weapons sales, most recently, since the Bush administration came into power, we’re looking at $6.3 billion worth of weaponry sold to Israel.”

…you are so naive that think you are supporting God and all you are supporting is MURDER. Ignorance like that is exactly why our country is going to hell.

1. Lindsey

Bill: while most of the money goes to weapons, these weapons are used primarily for self defense. I don’t see Israel trying to conquer the world. I only see them trying to exist among other nations in the area that want to conquer them. I have nothing against selling them arms. However, we don’t need to give them arms. I don’t however like selling arms to the Saudis either and we definitely shouldn’t give them any!

1. Bill

I guess you jsut dont get what im trying to say…

It doesn’t matter- Israel, Saudi Arabia etc. WE SHOULDN’T BE ASSISTING anyone in killing anyone.

“defense” is nothing but a code word for killing.

do you really even think we are even defending America in Afghanistan, Iraq or whatever flavor of a week we have deployed troops in this week? If you think so you are drinking kool-aid

You at least care if you are on this website— but please get a grip.

and PS– if you dont see Israel trying to conquer the world its only because you haven’t opened your eyes wide enough—-it doesn’t take a force of arms to have control…..August Belmont & Co, Goldman, Sachs & Co, J. & W. Seligman & Co, Kuhn Loeb & Co, Lehman Brothers, The Rothschild family (look into their lovely history in this country)….do you really want me to go on?????

4. Me

America dollars should not be used to support the nations of israel of any other nation. It’s time to Bring our troops home, Keep our money at home, and Mind our own business.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 1

5. Jim Fox

Hi Tim,

Christian principles are not being violated by pulling aid from Israel. As you probably agree, our founding fathers were primarily Christians (and not deists) and therefore also believed that we should “pray for the peace of Jerusalem, and “those who bless [Israel] will be blessed,” per the Psalms, and other pro-Israel verses in the Bible. However, these same founders did not think blessing Israel included giving foreign aid to them, nor to any other nation. This is not the role of government. Christians are freely able to bless Israel with their personal finances, support messianic outreach to Jews in Israel and in other nations, etc. But our constitution (which was deduced very much from biblical principles) was designed by Christian believers (primarily) who were founding a free and independent republic, free from foreign entanglements and wars. It was their wisdom and to their credit that they warned against foreign entanglements and wars and were against government philanthropy. Philanthropy, yes, international philanthropy belongs in the private domain, including businesses, individuals, ministries, voluntary associations, etc, not government. Ron Paul and his son are not taking funds away from Israel. They are giving back money to taxpayers who are now free to personally support Israel, Jewish people, whatever voluntary association they like with freed up money. Makes sense? I hope so. Appreciate any feedback you or anyone has regarding this important matter. – Jim Fox

1. Lindsey

Well written and thought out Mr. Fox!

6. Free market minarchist

Dr. Paul, PLEASE RUN FOR PRESIDENT AND GET ONTO CENTER STAGE!!!

We want our liberty back… We want our free market economic/financial system back… We’re tired of the government trying to “protect us from ourselves”… We’re tired of seeing American businesses and our financial system destroyed… We’re tired of Keynesian economic destruction: deficit spending, unbridled inflation, outrageous taxes, over-regulation… We’re sick and tired of seeing billions of dollars wasted and millions of Americans persecuted, tortured and killed in this stupid “War on Drugs”…by our own *government*, who created the so-called “drug problem” with their draconian laws (just like alchohol prohibition _cough_)!… We’re tired of our country blowing trillions on trying to be the world’s police force, and trying to “build nations” and installing regimes friendly to politicians’ interests… We’re sick of this, and we need President Ron Paul!

13. Chip Sanders

This once great nation must awaken from its deep slumber. We are being completely fleeced, by almost every institution. We must have great leadership in this country once again. Electing Ron Paul would be a very wise choice for this country that has sadly lost its way. If he runs, please people, ELECT RON PAUL.

14. Scott Oxner

I have read alot about your views and policies in the past few weeks, and all I can say is: Can you please, please, please come run Canada for us… PLEASE!!! We are being taken over by the socialist welfare state Europeans.

15. Greg Lee

Ron Paul, you are a breath of fresh air in the mix…. I am not a US citizen but have worked and lived in the USA for several years in the past. Please God protect this man from the power elite. These Neo-Nazis have gradually taken power away from the real American. Several presidents have warned against the presents of fascist but nobody seemed to care. I can really relate to Ron.

16. Shawn Hartnett

Your disdain for Austrian economics astounds me. Austrians are the only ones who actually do do the math and the only economists who insist that 2+2 must equal 4. Their “gold bug” view is a proven way to reset everything so that money can only be equal to the amount of goods and services that we produce, which in turn keeps inflation and deflation in check. No more boom and bust, no more huge fluctuation in interest rates. Interest in moderation is fine as payback for risking ones HARD EARNED MONEY and not some paper printed on a cocktail napkin; but they should be competetive and not set by a central bank. I would be enthralled if you would share your solution to this nations failed monetary policy. Do indulge us, please.

17. shawn hartnett

Ron Paul, Andrew “Judge” Napolitano, Jim Ricards, Jim Rogers, Gary Johnson, Gary Fielder and Ed Griffin. These are the people that we should be listening to. These are the people that “get it”! You could build a great cabinet with these great minds of liberty and financial soundness.

1. Jake

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. None of those people actually get it with their stupid Austrian economic idea´s.

The Austrians/Paulians tell you, that they want a return to Constitutional money; and to sound money. No bigger lie can be told!
      Why not? Check out their forums. Gold bugs everywhere; and what they want is NOT for gold to return to its Constitutionally defined value! They want to make out like the Federal Reserve! Speaking about hypocrits!
      Worse then is the lie that they want to “end the Fed.”

Why? As I have described, the fatal fault of the imposed monetary system is interest; and all further faults merely result from further failure to solve inflation and deflation. The Austrians, and Mr. Paul in particular, not only advocate interest; they advocate ELEVATED RATES OF INTEREST.
      Effectively, what they want is to remove the embossed letters which now say “Federal Reserve Bank,” and replace them with “Ron Paul’s ‘COMPETING’ Bank(s)” — a principle which he refuses to debate, further define, or justify. Of course, any ostensible “competition” would ostensibly, on the contrary, drive interest rates down. But Mr. Paul tells us that we wouldn’t have borrowed ourselves into this debt mess if higher rates of interest had discouraged excessive/reckless borrowing.

Mr. Paul has never done the math: he tells you that all of you are going to benefit somehow therefore — oh and we so willingly believe this preposterous notion, don’t we? — he tells us we will benefit paying perhaps 17% interest on our homes than 5%. Sounds really like a good idea, doesn’t it? Especially since the rate of interest is the rate of multiplication of artificial indebtedness — higher rates of which instead necessitate greater rates of borrowing to maintain a vital circulation.

Unfortunately, most people who exalt Austrian “economics” hardly know the first thing about it. They reject math — most of which is little more than counting — as if you could understand otherwise; and they could have possibly determined solution otherwise. In no legitimate discipline or walk of life does such reckless abandonment of principle hold.

But Mr. Hayek, God of the Austrians tells us why they advocate interest and the current banking model — which are our very problem. See Hayek’s article at Mises org: “A Free Market Monetary System,” I think it’s called. Anyway, he thus justifies interest, that it makes banking “an extremely profitable business.”

That’s right. There IS no justification, just an outright confession of the motive.

1. td

why not save and buy a house when you have the money…. then there is no interest.
        plus if people were actually waiting until they had the money to buy things, prices would be lower because businesses wouldn’t be selling as much.

1. Bill

People just dont get it TD they watch their brainwashing box in the living room that tells them to spend spend spend and it only makes them slaves to the banksters. IM AWAKE and realize it and even I have a hard time resisting.

They are the same banksters who really only lend “fake” money in the form of invisible credit and charge you real money every month on your 5,10,20,30 year loans.

“A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the liberties of the people than a standing army… We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt.” -Thomas Jefferson

We need another Andrew Jackson.

18. DUSTIN

END THE FEDERAL AND THE ELITE CONTROLLING OUR SOCIETY!!
    RUN FOR PRESIDENT RON PAUL. WALE THE PUBLIC UP!!!
    YOUR INCOME TAX DONT GO TO YOUR RDS OR INFRASTRUCTURE OR EVEN EDUCATION THEY GO TO BANKS AS INTEREST ON YOUR DEBT DO YOUR RESEARCH. AMERICANS HAVE BECOME SHEEP.
    ABOVE YOUR CORRECT DO YOUR RESEARCH SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE!!

A lot of people dont get it, our high debt and taxes are not a result of social spending on roads buildings etc it is a result of fractional reserve banking. For starters, watch “money as debt”. Then research how this situation came to be, our leaders are corrupt puppets that work for the private banks. Your right to vote is just an illusion of choice. Don’t be stupid. educate yourselves
    QUICK BEFORE THAT LINK IS REMOVED FOR “SOME UNKNOWN” REASON

WAKE UP AMERICA, IF YOU KNOW YOUR FIGHT IS HOPELESS RON COME TO CANADA AND RUN WE ARE NOT AS IGNORANT TO OUR FUTURE AND FREEDOMS!!!

19. rick

Ron paul is clearly one of few members of our government that understands that the constitution is the most important document we have.
    He is also clearly one of even fewer members of the government that will fight for the rights garaunteed to us by the constitution.
    Keep fighting the good fight Congressman Paul. You have my vote.

20. J

Austrians are retained in fear of the loss of the pseudo status they have been placed into.

We are advocating public ownership and management of our public means of trade so that it can enable a rich and abundant “private” economy instead of being consumed by banks to evolve into the socialist police states they have established pretty much everywhere else in the world by this time as socialism / communism under the governments they establish is the final evolution of banking once they have consumed all the wealth in the so called “free market capitalist” system they create toward this final end.

What were advocating is the exact opposite, where the people themselves own and manage the public currency so that it cannot be used to deprive them of private property or prosperity, and this is the only way it can’t be as well.

If you object to socialism and communism as I do, then your your own worst enemy in promoting banks and interest as they have always been the means to its establishment.

Join the true resistance and advocate MPE. Check out the playlist on this Youtube channel here: chelonia1663

With complete disprove and debunking of RP and the likes

21. Aussie Russ

How refreshing! I’m an Aussie. I live in Queensland, and it’s great watching you guys upholding your US constitution… perhaps the most amazing document in the world, guaranteeing your freedom and safety…. we’re all jealous of it…. but it was won with bravery, blood and tears. Hopefully you can get back on track without the bloodbath… It is a humble people who can admit they’re wrong (Iraq, Afganistan, etc, etc, etc) and make the changes. I guess whoever controls the money, is really controlling the country, so I think Ron is spot-on with his views on the Fed. I think Dr. Paul has an incredible humility & power…. wanting to return to humble foreign policy, safer country, etc. Remember the 56 wize & brave men who literally risked their necks by signing the declaration of independence, then drew up your constitution and bill of rights? I think they’ll be happy. Your founding fathers were inspired. I haven’t heard anything Ron has said that I disagree with… from marijuana to Foreign policy to the Fed…. Keep up the good work Ron… We think you have balls of solid steel!

22. Mike

Ron Paul is a weak canidate.
    I watch him on TV interviews and on Meet the Press. No real answers to question the he was asked.
    True American is right
    Do the research before you vote

1. Garrett

“Do the research before you vote”

Good advice… I suggest you follow it more closely than you obviously have been.

1. J

Join the true resistance and advocate Mathematically Perfected Economy.

23. True American

PLEASE DO RESEARCH
    Paul has made statements that Obama is NOT a socialist.
    His claim that he wants to cut off ALL aid to our Allies.This is a DANGEROUS move.
    Seem he want the US isolated, not a good move.
    What is his real agenda.
    Do research on his views before you back Paul.
    I for one will NOT He is a dangerous canidate
    Vote NO for Paul

24. Rick Honer

I do hope he runs. But, How can he win the Republican nomination? What is the overall strategy? What is the state-by-state strategy?

IMHO the ’08 campaign was woefully unprepared for the reality of the process. More importantly, they did not know what to make of the grassroots support.

So I hope this time around Dr. Paul runs having learned the important lessons of his ’08 campaign.

25. Nick Junior

Do you guys realize we are all on a “terrorist watch list” for visiting this site. Run for president Mr. Paul and watch the votes pour in. Help set our country straight.

26. Jim Spiller

Yes, please. You get six votes from my family. That is a start.

27. Chris

Yes Mr. Paul should run or at least governor of Texas in 2014.

28. Garrett

Ron Paul has said something like “I am waiting to see what the dollar will do before deciding to run for Prez in 2012″.

QUESTIONS: What does that mean? Does that mean if the dollar is doing well he will run or if its doing well he will not run? If the dollar is about to “tank” he will run or will not run?

29. Matthew Thornton

RON! PLEASE! RUN FOR PRESIDENT! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

30. Shakbazyan

I wake up in the morining feeling better knowing you might run for 2012 Presidency…. You are the light at the end of the tunnel .

31. Terence

We need someone with some common sense to take the seat – read: Ron Paul. If elected, he’d be the first REAL president of my lifetime.

32. dex

..although i wish Mr. Paul wins the election, it’s going to be a tough go trying to usurp power from the current establishment… invisible or otherwise.. look at what happened to those in the past who tried..

please don’t get me wrong, it’s about time someone stood up to the corrupt elite who do with impunity whatever they feel like doing…

33. Kong

I am just dying to vote for you Mr Paul because i will turn 18 in upcoming May! I am joining ROTC to serve my country and ill be very happy to serve under you as my president. You can’t give up now. When the world says, “Give up,”
    Hope whispers, “Try it one more time.” “RUN FOR THE CONSTITUTION, RUN FOR THE PEOPLE, RUN FOR AMERICA!”

34. Lisa

Please run for President in 2012! You’ve made too much of an impact to give up now! In light of Obama’s failures and imcompetencies, the last thing we need is another Republicrat destroying this country and defiling the Constitution. I went and voted for you the second I turned eighteen, and I want to be able to do it again because then at least I can have a sliver of hope for this nation. Don’t give up, President Paul, this country needs you more than ever!

35. Brett

The United States needs a man of exceptional moral fiber and a clear consistent plan and direction for the country. Our current ways are broken and have proven to be disastrous for our economy. Ron Paul is the kind of man that I imagine many of our great Founding Fathers were like. He is a knowledgeable, level headed, consistent, independent thinking, and wise. America please let this man lead our country, not just for us, but for my children, grandchildren and the many generations to come.