17 responses to “Ron Paul: North Korea is not a threat to the US”

1. U.S. Presidential Candidates on North Korea | MOU OneKorea

[...] be in South Korea, which I have advocated for years, South Korea and North Korea probably would be unified and they would be westernized by [...]

2. Computer Repairs Maidenhead

I will immediately grab your rss as I can not find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me recognise in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

3. Ming the Merciless

They would be wiped out and we would have ten million dead thank to you neo-nazi retarded cretin!!!

4. Allarme Fao in Corea del Nord - Pagina 5 - Politica in Rete Forum

[...] and take a breath and realize that North Korea is not a threat to the United States of America. Ron Paul: North Korea is not a threat to the US Chi prende per le palle chi poi? Come dicono a Mosca, Pyongyang per ora ci serve [...]

5. Matt

"And now, we are acting hysterically over this whole notion that we have to attack them."

Sometimes RP seems to blow things out of proportion seemingly to create a black/white argument to which it is easier to seem to be the sole owner of 'sanity'.

I mean certainly there is attention being paid to the situation in N. Korea, but in briefly surveying major news sources I would completely disagree with the notion that 'we' are acting 'hysterically', which means the concomitant generalized rebuke is also a bit hysterical in it's own right...

1. Pearl

Dear Matt,

I wish you could have time traveled to...well...today. January 24, 2012. Welcome to hysteria! :)

6. Snuzz

The only nation who can do anything affectively is China. North Korea doesn't seem to take anyone else seriously.

7. DH

Fluidly Unsure: Note that my comment is 1 day after the nuke test in N.Korea...

I couldn't agree with you more on your previous comment.

8. Fluidly Unsure

I hope that was sarcastic; "no ones irrational enough to provoke a war". I'll respond on Amazons Cloud which might have room for the examples.

9. DH

"We ought to just sit back and take a breath and realize that North Korea is not a threat to the United States of America."

That's right. It's only a threat to Japan, South Korea, and if China gets involved, Taiwan, and many of the SE Asian countries. They're still half-a-world away and barely the size of a few U.S. states put together. No one's irrational enough to provoke a war, right? That'd be silly. I'm sure all nuclear weapon testing ceased since the Cold War, who doesn't want to live in peace and harmony?

10. Fluidly Unsure

This is one place I do disagree with RP.

Human nature isn't always predictable when advocating friendship. When you extend an open hand to others; some will ignore it, others will take advantage of the fact that you are now in an open position and can't defend yourself from their attack, and a few will think you are about to slap them.

Read Mahatma Gandhi. In New India he talked about the occasional need for violence. In an article about people who used non-violence to mask cowardliness, he said it was worse to be a coward than to be violent. To keep it in context, he also said non-violence was much better than violence but if you were to weak to respond with non-violence then don't be a coward.

Judging from the size of Kim's ego in public, he is probably just like Sadam and is overstating his position. We should use caution so we don't end-up in another Iraq war.

The African proverb Teddy Roosevelt used said it well: "Speak softly and carry a big stick". The difference is that while TR was reacting to South American nations defaulting on their financial agreements, we are confronted with a nation that defaulted on their diplomatic agreements 6 years ago. I seem to remember many apologists saying their nuclear capabilities didn't matter since they didn't have the technology to deliver a warhead.

The idea that we must wait for the other to attack before we respond is no longer viable. Since an offensive attack can be delivered from afar, a defensive reaction must happen sooner than before.

My understanding is that the states came together to provide a way to respond to common issues like National defense.

11. Andris

As much as I agree with your point of view on North Korea, I cannot disagree more with this statement: "Communism is a failure, and that is why the Soviet system collapsed."

Don't be tempted to confuse USSR with communism - it had almost nothing related. USSR failed because it was NOT a communist state - in fact, it was an autocratic dictatorship, no matter how it called itself. North Korea is about the same - it is autocratic dictatorship, and NOT a de facto communist state (though it calls itself one). At the moment there is no country in the world, that is "communist" per se, only few, that are labelling themselves as such. Few, that could be considered "really" communist are Brunei Sultanate and Scandinavian countries.

1. Ming the Merciless

Find me a communist state that is not an autocratic dictatorship.

Autocratic dictatorship define communism!

12. RG

Dr. Paul, know that if you get to the ballot in 2012, you have my vote. It is not that I agree with you on every policy, but just that I disagree with you less than with any other candidate I hear. Funny how that has become the choice left to most Americans.
    You refer to North Korea and rightfully put it's significance in the real light of day. How is this any different than any other diversionary finger pointing that the government/media have always used to control the minds of the citizenry of this nation? It has been smoke and mirrors all along. Until we can light up the entire system, unveil the corruption in our own government and industry, we as citizens are doomed to a continued campaign of misinformation, misdirection, and other means of distractions from the truth.
    I thank you, Sir, for your efforts to awaken the American people to the truth, but fear that most of the citizens seem to actually believe what they read in the papers, or see on television. It is further complicated by how we are allowed to register a vote, here in Texas, all it required was to show a drivers license, and while in line, I could overhear the constant murmur of spanish.
    Take from this what you will, but I for one do not think Obama was legitimately elected in November. I fear that the USA is now an Obama-nation still headed full speed down those same railroad tracks that got us here in the first place, and I hope those who voted for our current president live to rue their vote but I fear, they will only find someones else to blame.

1. Ming the Merciless

Bet you moron would also have voted for Adolf Hitler...all european pacifists ended up in the Waffen SS like Ronpaul will end up a goat fucking muslim mullah!

13. Dfens

North Korea is just a surrogate. The real issue is China. Soon they will be powerful enough to take Taiwan without firing a shot. Now that F-22 is cancelled, we can spend another decade or so throwing money down the F-35 development rat hole. Once that ends up costing $100M or so per airplane (vs $35M for an F-16), then we will be promised more pie-in-the-sky with the next airplane that will take 20+ years to develop. More welfare for the wealthy.

Funny how everyone is up in arms about the big-shots at AIG getting big taxpayer bonuses, but no one bats an eye when the same thing happens at Lockheed Martin or Northrop Grumman. They don't have a single weapon system that's on budget or schedule, yet their CEOs make huge 100% US taxpayer funded salaries. Ho hum.

1. Ming the Merciless

Why dont you look closer to the pauliac's pork barrel, eh?