Last Call for HR 1207 – Audit the Fed

Ron Paul’s legislation HR 1207, The Federal Reserve Transparency Act, is gaining support. HR 1207 has 71 co-sponsors and real potential to pass — BUT only if we educate and rally the people to support it and get our Congresspeople to put it to vote and pass it.

HR 1207 will open the Fed to transparency. We must not miss this opportunity.

It is now in the House Committee on Financial Services. This is THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP in this legislation! If it doesn’t get out of committee it will not come to a vote! There are 71 members on this committee and they are all listed below.

We need to let them know that we want them to allow full house consideration of HR 1207 so it can move forward; we need them to support this. Now is the time.

Call their offices, write to them, email them, etc. Let them know they need to support HR 1207. If you live in their district, let them know. Go to their office.

House Committee on Financial Services

Rep. Brad Sherman, CA
Rep. Jackie Speier, CA
Rep. Nydia M. Velázquez, NY
Rep. Maxine Waters, CA
Rep. Melvin L. Watt, NC
Rep. Charles Wilson, OH

Help with this all important public outreach. NOW REALLY IS THE TIME!

Here’s a sample letter you can use:

Dear Representative,

Please co-sponsor and/or support H.R.1207, an effort to audit the Federal Reserve.

Recently, it has come to light that there is little to no accountability to the people on the part of the Federal Reserve. While the citizens of this country are required by law to give an accounting of every penny they come in contact with, the Federal Reserve has never been held to the same standard. During this time of extreme economic crisis, the people deserve an accounting of where our money is going.

Currently there are 71 co-sponsors for this legislation, and it is enjoying bi-partisan support. Your efforts in supporting this important legislation would go a long way in proving to your constituents that you not only hold the Federal Reserve to the same standard as you do your constituents, but it would also show that you believe in transparency. Anything less than support for this resolution suggests that you are in favor of secrecy and a lack of accountability to the people who pay the bills. We pay the tab; we have a right to know where our money is going.

Unlike recent bills that you voted in favor of that had hundreds of pages and just a few hours to read, this bill can be read in under 5 minutes. I encourage you to take the time to read it, and then move to support it.

Thank you in advance for your attention on this important legislation. I have every expectation that you will do right by your constituents and support this measure.

Sincerely,

via Daily Paul

1. your blog look nice. Your story is inspiringBeautiful! Great site!

2. Pingback: Political Action Item: Audit the Federal Reserve!

3. Ron Paul – HR 1207

Dear Honorable Congressman:

Please support Ron Paul’s H.R. 1207 to allow for the auditing of the Federal Reserve. We, the American people deserve to know how this secret and private institution administers any moneys given to them as debt to the American tax payer. It is time we stop this nonsense. The Fed, with a monopoly on prosperity, no wonder we Americans are being left behind. We can stop this right now and revive the great America spirit which is capable of still incredible accomplishments. Please do not let US down.

Thank you.

4. And Eric cantor?

5. My senator is Jim Webb, should I contact him?

6. Pingback: Success Starts with an Audit! | The Classic Liberal Blog

7. Pingback: Monday Thoughts - Bank Numbers Are Awful :: Chris Grande

8. Pingback: Last Call for HR 1207 - Audit the Fed « The Truth Or The Fight

9. Your representative does not have to be a member of the Financial Services Committee. You have a right to contact all of the members of the committee. Use the member list provided on this page to start contacting all of the members of the Financial Services Committee.

10. If my representative is not a member of the House Committee on Financial Services, is there anything I can still do?

I've e-mailed and mailed my representative requesting he co-sponsor the bill but nothing has come of it.

Isn't 55 co-sponsors over 10% of the House? Isn't that a lot of support?... or at least enough to warrant a vote?

11. I went to a town hall meeting with my congressman today, Democrat Rick Larsen. I asked him if he would support HR 1207 and this is the response I got.
    "I probably would not support that. The congress meets regularly with the Federal Reserve and asks questions of them. And congress itself created the Federal Reserve so that politicians wouldn't have their hands in money."
    and my response:
    "Sir it's YOUR constitutional responsibility to have your hands on the coining and regulation of money in this country."
    "Next question please."

I was IRATE to say the least. I got up and walked out of the meeting.

• Well Rick, It certainly would not hurt for people such as yourself to follow this man from press conference to press conference and continue to point out to him publicly that it is his Constitutional responsibility to follow the money that congress collects unconstitutionally from the taxpayer. If every time this man was interviewed and opened his mouth he was asked the same question from his constituents, he would eventually be forced to stop evading his responsibility to the taxpayer. You can also use other websites to post the same question and make comments that relate to the fact that this congressman refuses to answer the question. There are literally millions of websites on the internet that allow for public comment and Ron Paul conservatives can use those websites to further educating Americans to the unconstitutional deeds of our lawmakers.

• Oops, My post was meant for dan, not rick. Too early in the morning and the coffee's not ready yet. :)

• Yeah I suppose, but I was without vehicle at the time. All I can say is I can't wait for him to try that again. I WON'T LET him brush off such a serious question in the future. I will stand and shout. It was the first town hall meeting I have been to with a congressman, and I suppose you could say I was humbled to be at such an event. (I'm 21 years old.) Yeah I wish I would have had my video camera with me to get the whole thing recorded and show America how ridiculous it was.

• Dan, You did a great job just showing up at the town hall meeting and publicly asking the question. It just goes to show that democrats are not interested in answering to the voter anymore than republicans are. What really amazes me is that the republicans have a chance to show that they believe in smaller, more open and honest government by standing with Ron Paul with regards to supporting his bill to audit the fed, yet there seems to be more democrats supporting this bill than republicans. It is times like this when republicans have an opportunity to show that they are true conservatives, yet they seem to drop the ball every time they are asked to prove that they are true conservatives.

12. Why can't we just call to ABOLISH Federal Reserve? Federal Reserve is the root of our suffering ever since.

• Elynn. If this bill were to be passed and the people were actually allowed to see in black and white the incredible waste of our taxpayer dollars, there would most likely be a massive outcry from the voter to abolish the Constitutionally illegal federal reserve. Let's open the books to congressional and taxpayer scrutiny, the problem may just cure itself. Where I see a bigger problem is that the true Conservatives should be jumping at the chance to support this bill, yet they all seem to be hiding under their desks like a bunch of frightened school children and are afraid to step up to the plate and actually protect the taxpayers interests. The question is this. Where are the True Conservatives? Your moment has arrived to step into the light and practice what you preach

13. HI there

What should i write?

Can some one good with words put together something persuading and with conviction?

post it up and I'll submit it to every member in the HCFS

14. Pingback: Audit the Fed! | The Classic Liberal Blog

15. I am glad to see that a call to contact the Financial Services Committee is starting up. Don't let this bill die in committee. Us the list provided and contact the members of the committee. I call the FSC yesterday (4/16/09). I was told that no hearings have been scheduled for H.R. 1207. Contact them and tell them you want it to go to a full house vote. It is now or never people.

16. I sure hope this gets passed.