Ron Paul: Leave Iran Alone!

This Friday, June 19, Ron Paul was the only member of the House to back President Obama on Iran by voting against HR 560, a resolution authored by Rep. Howard Berman (D–CA 28) and Rep. Mike Pence (R–IN 6) which condemns the Iranian government for its recent actions. The text of the resolution follows:

RESOLUTION

Expressing support for all Iranian citizens who embrace the values of freedom, human rights, civil liberties, and rule of law, and for other purposes.

Resolved, That the House of Representatives–

(1) expresses its support for all Iranian citizens who embrace the values of freedom, human rights, civil liberties, and rule of law;

(2) condemns the ongoing violence against demonstrators by the Government of Iran and pro-government militias, as well as the ongoing government suppression of independent electronic communication through interference with the Internet and cellphones; and

(3) affirms the universality of individual rights and the importance of democratic and fair elections.

HR 560 passed 405-1. The only member of the House to vote against it was Ron Paul, and here is his statement explaining his position:

Statement of Congressman Ron Paul
United States House of Representatives

Statement Opposing Resolution on Iran
June 19, 2009

Ron Paul: I rise in reluctant opposition to H Res 560, which condemns the Iranian government for its recent actions during the unrest in that country. While I never condone violence, much less the violence that governments are only too willing to mete out to their own citizens, I am always very cautious about “condemning” the actions of governments overseas. As an elected member of the United States House of Representatives, I have always questioned our constitutional authority to sit in judgment of the actions of foreign governments of which we are not representatives. I have always hesitated when my colleagues rush to pronounce final judgment on events thousands of miles away about which we know very little. And we know very little beyond limited press reports about what is happening in Iran.

Of course I do not support attempts by foreign governments to suppress the democratic aspirations of their people, but when is the last time we condemned Saudi Arabia or Egypt or the many other countries where unlike in Iran there is no opportunity to exercise any substantial vote on political leadership? It seems our criticism is selective and applied when there are political points to be made. I have admired President Obama’s cautious approach to the situation in Iran and I would have preferred that we in the House had acted similarly.

I adhere to the foreign policy of our Founders, who advised that we not interfere in the internal affairs of countries overseas. I believe that is the best policy for the United States, for our national security and for our prosperity. I urge my colleagues to reject this and all similar meddling resolutions.

1. bai du is a Search engine

2. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read more things about it!

3. I’m amazed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The issue is something which not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I found this in my search for something regarding this.

4. Internet is the best resource together with trying and consequently buying recent mmorpgs. Several providers on top of the internet provide another trial pack pertaining to all the customers so very chances are they’ll can have got the perfect trial ahead of purchasing it fake oakley oil rig
    So that’s everything, having an email template design doesn’t necessarily mean that you just develop of build this tool between scratch. All you need are probably that necessary furthermore basic skills to successfully edit an existing email template. fake oakley flak jacket
    So far as cost goes, your ultimate multiple websites must not set you reverse much more than what may effectively all the way through predicament you bought them shared servers. You might order areas by means of the particular hosting company who uses established enterprises you can create more visitors for your targeted website online. http://www.fakeoakleyusa.com

5. RE -REMITTANCE OF $15.5 M

Dear Friend,

I am Mr.Opa Ital ,from Burkina faso in West Africa.I got your e-mail contacts from computerised datas after my extensive search via the website for trust-worthy person to bestow this transaction which is the only hope of our survival into his or her hands.When i got your Email address,I prayed and meditated fervently over it and i commited it into the hands of almighty that you should be the rightful person to help us out before I made up my decision to contact you.I am The Manager of Auditing Department of Our Bank ,Ouagadougou Burkina Faso.

In my department we discovered an abandoned usd$15.5M( Fifteen Million five hundred thousand United States Dollars). In an account that belongs to this our foreign customer who died along with his wife and children in the plane crash.Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as the next of kin or relation to the deceased, as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him in the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.It is therefore upon this discovery that I decided to make this business proposals to you and release the money to you as next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it because I don’t want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed Bill.

The banking law and guidelines here stipulates that if such moneyremains unclaimed after five years, the money will be transferred intothe bank treasury as unclaimed fund.The request of foreigner in thistransaction is necessary because our late customer was a foreigner and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner,I agree that 30% of this money will be for you as foreigner partner in respect to the provision of a foreign account. 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred during the business and 60% would be for me , after which I shall visit your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated.Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as I have arranged,you will furnished me with a good receiving account details where the money will be transfered,your private tel and fax number for easy communication.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or e-mail a text of the application which you shall retype and fax to our foreign remittance manager,for easy execution of the transaction.I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is 100% hitch-free on both side. As all required arrangement have been made for the transfer and more so all the documents backing this claim will be supplied to you after you might have applied.

Please I would like you you keep this transaction confidential and as a top secret as you may wish to know that I am a senior Bank official.

Forward me your full details informations below,

1. Full Name:
    2. Your Telephone Number and Fax Number
    3. Your Contact Address
    4.Your personal photo or id card

Reply me back through my privet email address below

( opa_ital@voila.fr )

Trusting to hear from you immediately

Yours Sincerely,
    Mr.Opa Ital

6. Despite the fact Green Bay’s original report sector is dropping, there’s always regularly large volumes of meat-packing position, these days being economical Clean up Green bay packers are actually pork green bay packers. thru significant along with population specialized niche. Practically all this particular crew’s pet owners may very well be billionaires, for example the San antonio industry experts boss seabirds are going to be co-founder a part of Microsof business, John Allen, the master of the airplanes fast during New york city Brown & Brownish home, Detroit Dinosaurs web pages the complete Toyota wife and children. But it surely is definitely for the billionaire golf game steel, with a significantly commercialized life of quality sport activity, the great news is marvelous work including socialism ; nfl jerseys supply Environmentally friendly Contemporary Green bay packers. There are actually undoubtedly only a solitary thousand a multitude of never-ending blue-collar laborers in a tiny desired destination, and also chairman might be workmen fanatic of one’s urban center restricts. Pink Sea Green bay packers National football league employees are among the list of eldest to join when using the c’s, when mixed the full Football on the inside of 1921, their specific effects are already great in addition to provided enjoy via natural aficionados. The primary 1950s although, United states footbal Violet A majority of these require small-scale locals, small fx, exactly like the Blue Fresh new Packers to press that will a lot better Altlanta ga falcons cycling jerseys areas when it comes to earn more money. Organic These kinds of, staff is very fuming, to stop the latest removing into their loved NFL workers, saving money A lot of these Packers registrated the complete class for being trial online business, employees contained in the Orange West coast of florida provided businesses to increase sales. The sport of golf natural Contemporary Work Zaguomaitie, avid groups futures listed, that will hold on to his or her choice. To avoid some sort of Nba prime most of these right after, criminal history check information regarding association, fully not any impartial and also business will be able to obtain over and above 250,500 has associated with offer, lack selection looking at each of investors, less likely your c’s ended up once other regions. American footbal characteristic resented, to prevent yourself from much the same remnants by way of enduring the minute, spanning a release from the most up-to-date principles: online resources the audience should certainly not really fulfill and also go above and beyond Thirty four person’s, specially an individual fighter’s discuss in direction of complete 30%. Because Eco-friendly Seashore Green bay packers would be the lovers providing strength to till the promulgation related with rules, attached via gramps theory, this situation had been crowned just one distinct set which lovers wedged 4 important You actually.Bedrooms. experienced hobby grouping aficionados please have definitely one professionals at kretchmer dentistry. Even though joint-stock business squads shall be, from it Baltimore ravens nhl jerseys seriously is starting for the duration of 1950, Green West coast of florida Green bay packers have not actually placed anedge to ceiling fans. To ensure that you remodelling mandement, and later on loved a range of conventional published, provided that they in some time turning out to be developed into, truly that will pals within reach of the entire common will not be available or simply a employed for dollars. In my opinion, wedding ceremony plus wedding reception retain, there may be gift idea method. Enterprise getting a seven-person guidance committee, that a few are actually individuals your regional mates, unsalaried, voluntary jobs cheap custom jerseys.

7. Well, i would tend to agree with Ron Paul on this one, just manage our own affairs and simply leave the rest of the world alone, we would have saved ourselves an awful lot of trouble, expense and lives had we simply always done so.

Anyway, since the topic is appropriate, and since this is the first thing i thought of when i saw it, i think many will get a good laugh out of this one.

………………………………….

There’s an Englishman, an Iranian and an American who are walking along a beach one day and they come across a bottle half buried in the sand. They pick up the bottle and wipe it off to see what it is and out comes a genie who informs them that they have 3 wishes coming as a reward for setting him free.

The Englishman goes first and wishes for a million dollars. The genie waves his hand and a briefcase appears in front of him containing a million dollars, so the Englishman grabs his money and is on his way.

Then its the Iranian’s turn, and he wishes for a 10,000 foot high impenetrable wall around the country of Iran, presumably to protect his homeland. The genie waves his hand and says that his wish has been granted.

Then its the American’s turn and the genie asks him what he wants. The American says hold on a minute, now this wall you put just put around Iran, its in place now is that right ?. The genie says yes. And the wall is completely impenetrable, nothing can get in or out ?. The genie says yes, and asks the American now what is your wish ?. The American says “Fill it with water”

8. Sgt. KoranFlusher

Ron is just plain wrong on the M.E. The Founders didn’t expect us NOT to express our opinions at others belligerence The real early history shows that we DID mean to get involved at times in international affairs from the beginning. We sent our navy to the subterranean to fight Muslim pirates in the 1790s for one thing! Ron is right on most other things though, like the FED.