195 responses to “Ron Paul 2012: When should Ron Paul announce his decision?”

1. Henry Ford

Tell Ron Paul to save his money and withdraw from even thinking about running for President. He should find a candidate who espouses the same philosophy, but is (1)Young, (2) Handsome, (3) has charisma (4) has a good speaking voice (not the whine of Paul). Maybe a carefully chosen candidate, with the qualities Ron Paul lacks, could propel the (Libertarian) philosophy of Ron Paul forward. If Paul continues covet the Presidency then all is lost for our true cause!

1. longshotlouie

This kind of thinking is what got Obama elected.

Ageism is a virus.

2. gary snider

unless something is done soon, this administration will distroy our way of life. I am all for Ron Paul, wish his foreigh policy was a little better, but we really need his infulence and leadership to straighten up this mess we are in. STOP the FED is my motto or at least expose it so people can understand.
    Gary

3. danny donald

i like most of ron pauls ideas except he doesnt believe anything but terrorist were responsible for 911? he seems closed minded about it and thats a concern..most americans dont agree with that assumption .!As far as running for president, we as a nation should more concerned about doing something about our problems now and hopefully we will have an election in 4yrs.? I believe that our economic problems are much worse than press reports..its like the unemployment numbers, what about all the people who have run out of benifits and are not in the unemployment numbers, but there still unemployed., how many our truly unemployed? All across this country things are in dismal economic state of course except the oil industry keeps on filling there pockets. wheres the main oil industry located texas, who has the poorest health care for employees Texas! greed greed greed thats americans biggest problem!What ever happened to honor and people who truly cant be bought, who truly work for the people and express the opinions of the majority instead of their self serving agendas.

4. Michael Condon

As far as I see it, social networking sites are where the boon of votes lie for the esteemed Dr. Paul, and could possibly get him elected. Its UNTAPPED.

All we must do on every single one of our Facebook, Twitter, DiggIt, etc. accounts is say some form of the following:

"Vote Ron Paul. Do it Now. Pass it along to infinity. Promise to vote and type and change the world by putting this man in a postion where he can fix what needs fixing."

"Give someone who actually wants to fix it a chance."

5. Steve

Regarding conspiracy theories - many of us know that there is a great deal of truth and credibility to many of the theories regarding the illuminati, 9/11, etc., but previous poster are correct in that they CANNOT be made a part of a Ron Paul 2012 platform because the masses just can't handle that stuff. The campaign needs to stay focused on core issues that affect our society as a whole like our foreign policy, the Fed, health care, our borders, education etc. That being said, I hope that a group of people continue to work to track and unmask the various entities behind the many conspiracy theory related groups because as Ron Paul gains in momentum, which I hope and pray he does, THEY will be coming at him and we need to be prepared!

6. Paul

People need to wake up!!! We've seen Obamas version of "change"
    Ron Paul in 2012.

7. DC Palmer

He should run right away. I am an Obama supporter. The sooner and more completely the radical fringe takes full control of the Republican Party, the better it will be for us Dems.

1. Deirdre Mullen

DC Palmer:
      Why don't you get on Obama's website and stop taking up valuable space here. Radical Fringe? Maybe it IS Radical to have a man with integrity in the White House, as he has been in Congress for the last 10 terms. Who does what he said he would do. Obama, who said he was looking to get rid of lobbyists having so much influence on policy, hired former Raytheon lobbyist. And he KEPT Bob Gates (ostensibly till he found someone else.... yeah right. Come on!!!! Geithner? Former Head of the Fed???? And a Robert Rubin protege? Oh, yeah, I'm an Obama supporter. I support lies, deceit, and the total opposite of doing what I pledged to do. But I guess you wouldn't know about that since you aren't looking out for the Constitution and don't care about it's violation. Maybe universal healthcare is more important to you. Well, I can tell you that you won't have to worry about that when you are struggling to feed yourself. Maybe Obama will send troops into Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia under a UN peacekeeping resolution. We've seen that the last president didn't need Congress, why should this one bother? It's just a formality anyway. These people have their agenda. And Obama's on board - he's bought and paid for. So don't worry about "us Dems" because you won't have to worry when the two-party system is eventually dissolved, just like the Constitution. See you in the not-so-distant future in the NAU!

2. lost in space

Yea those paulites are just the loony fringe.

Sound Money?

Non-interventionist Foreign Policy?

States Rights?

Smaller Government?

Sound Medicine?

And they want to follow The Constitution? Who the hell do they think they are?

8. Gregory Monday

I hope Dr. Paul runs in 2012 and the sooner he anounces his candidacy the sooner I can go to work for him and his cause. I am 56 years old and this is the first person who has gotten my political interest in over 30 years. He is a clear thinker who in my opinion can turn this country around. He seems not to be afraid to ask tough questions and get to the bottom of an answer instead of a "political palatable" answer to appease the voters and keep them satiated. I do believe that Dr. Paul is the last hope in my lifetime in returning this government to what it once was... of the people, for the people, by the people. I beseech you Dr. Paul to anounce your candidacy and I will recruit and work as hard as I can to make you my next president.

9. Jeff Court

About a month after we audit the fed!

10. Tim Simon

I support Senator Ron Paul's views 100%. Do not announce your plans to run for President too early. The liberal press and progressives will try to destroy you politically. Let them destroy themselves first. They are doing that now. Americas must wake up and get the right information. Time will come. This love affair with King Obama will not last forever.

11. Bob Cash

Elect Ron Paul - Put America Back On The Gold Standard

We can all go to DisneyLand!

12. Mary Miller

How can one go about woo-ing the mainstream media to let Dr Paul actually run? Look at what they DID to him before.
    Also, we must look at what scared anyone away from voting for him in the first place. Although I was totally for him for 2008,my own daughter was very against him because she feared total collapse of our country to get it rebuilt the way it should be. She doesn't realize that is happening already at the expense of her children.
    THOSE are the type of people we must get on board. Ron Paul supporters worked their hearts out. We must 'get to' those that can be swayed but don't understand. And we must repeat the messages over and over.
    Maybe late night infomercials of Congressman Paul's stands on the issues. He already has plenty of video footage that he can play so as to not remove him from his important work as a Congressman. He probably has some money left over from his last run to kick off the shows and then see if anyone new wants to support his campaign in addition to the die hard supporters. In these infomercials HE can ask the viewers what THEY would want with regard to his running and if they wanted to donate to the cause.

13. James McKindles

I think Dr. Paul knows when the time is ripe. Campaigning for president seems to me a very rigorous effort. The Honorable Ron Paul with his past experiences will know the timing of his announcement.
    As he says "I will leave you alone if I am president", I think we need to not push him at this time.
    Government is essentially the negation of liberty,
    Jim

14. Azeperak

We must approach this carefully and strategically.
    I don’t think the announcement should be immediate.

In the last election the media conspired to lock out Dr. Paul. Think about it; Ron Paul led a rally of over a thousand people just across the river from the Republican Convention and received very little coverage.
    You would think that the liberal side of the media would have relished the division, but instead suppressed coverage.

Why?

The only viable answer is very disturbing: the media is controlled – and they do not want Dr. Paul’s message to get out.

The media have attempted to portray Dr. Paul as a nut and a bigot. They and both parties dismissed him as a fringe candidate. Unfortunately, they succeeded to an extent.
    On the other hand, the collective and bi-partisan effort against Dr. Paul shows that he is regarded as a threat. This is good, but it makes things difficult.

We must not underestimate their ability and resolve to discredit and bury Dr. Paul’s platform.

If Dr. Paul announces now, it will give everyone time to formulate a strategy against him. He must stay under the election radar, but still get his message out. If he becomes an immediate threat, he will be blocked from coverage and silenced.

A better strategy would be to show no interest in the next election and concentrate on getting Dr. Paul heard. His staff should work hard to get him booked as a regular commentator on CNN. He should also aim for MSNBC and FOX, but know that they are hostile territory. His goal with those highly biased networks should be to drop sleeper arguments and remain non-threatening so he will be invited back.

Lou Dobbs should be pressured into covering Ron Paul. His own ambitions may explain his bewildering lack of coverage and support for Dr. Paul. But, Lou Dobb’s show would be a very good vehicle for Dr. Paul’s message.

The pre-announcement goal needs to be threefold:

1- Make Ron Paul and his message well known and understood by the average middleclass American.
    2- Give out lots of information about Dr Paul and his platform. While most politicians play it close to the vest and talk of transparency, Dr. Paul must be the opposite and pour it out in every format possible.
    3- Aggressive Grassroots support – write to the News networks and shows like Lou Dobbs and McLaughlin Group and pressure them to include Dr. Paul. Pressure companies, that may work against Ron Paul, to support Dr. Paul and threaten boycotts of their products among his supporters. Flood message boards with positive Ron Paul messages (without sounding cult-like) and remind people of how Dr. Paul was on top of this financial crisis before anyone. Create many support websites so that on any issue, Ron Paul’s position will Google to the top. And on those websites work to discredit his opponents and attack their counter arguments ( make sure you know his positions first).

If after that effort, Dr. Paul is not a positive household name, then we will have saved him the trouble and expense of running.

But, I believe that if he can sell just the message first and then throw his hat into the ring before anyone can usurp that message, then I think he will have a fighting chance.

1. longshotlouie

'Think about it; Ron Paul led a rally of over a thousand people just across the river from the Republican Convention.'

My fellow patriot, take a look at the crowd in this video.
      I think you will see 10,000+.

One rally, one city. This man could hold 50 of these around the country, and have the same kind of crowds at all.

The seeds of liberty must simply be watered. It is obvious that they have been planted.

Live Free or Die
      Ron Paul 2012

1. Sean

I was there.

2. longshotlouie

oops, did I forget the link?

1. Sean

I was trying to get over to the Rage Against the Machine concert..

3. Azeperak

All the more reason to be concerned about the lack of coverage:

10,000 people and only a few quick mentions in mainstream media .

That shows you what kind of machine we are up against. Don't let your enthusiasm cloud the obvious - the odds are against him.

1. longshotlouie

My enthusiasm will never be watered-down by the so-called 'obvious'.

The 'obvious' is not some natural law.

The only question is, is it an impossibility?

15. Peter

I think the date should be dynamic and set around a specific occurrence. In 2010 there is going to be a lot of problems in the States if this continues and when Obama's god like glow stops shinning and excuses no longer cover his irrationality, Ron Paul should step in and try to explain WHY. Hopefully the strong individuals in this country will wake up then.

16. Jonas

Don't announce until mid/late 2010. Wait until the sheeple realize the economy isn't getting better. With stagflation and unemployment raging, maybe they'll realize its time to elect real change rather than Socialism.

17. April Reed

Dear Dr. Paul,

I am not sure when you should officially announce your candidacy for president 2012, but I am officially campaigning and telling everyone I know/can about your assumed future run for the White House already. It's kind of funny, this past Sunday I was telling my parents about you on father's day. My mother asked, "Didn't you tell me about Obama?" and I replied "Yeah, mom but he lied about everything he promised on the campaign trail; Dr. Paul is principled." 2012 will be the first year my family votes for a Republican. I've been also telling people about your policies and candidacy and my my liberal friends, still enamored by Obama's brand of neoliberalism, tell me "Ron Paul is a sexist and a homophobe." This is ironic because I am both a woman and queer. Don't worry, I let these grossly misinformed friends know that you are a baby doctor and believe rights are endowed because one is an individual, not because one is a man, woman, straight, gay, white, black, or whatever group of people.

I'm really excited for your candidacy and I regret I wasted my time and vote of Barack Obama last fall. Let me know what I can do. I would volunteer to do anything to help your campaign.

God bless and good luck.

April Reed

1. longshotlouie

Welcome aboard, April
      We are honored to lock arms with you.

Live Free or Die
      Ron Paul 2012

18. Terry

What if we focused on some program to support financial education for everybody. If people, especially young people, understood how money works, maybe the light bulb would go off.

www.conspiracyoftherich.com by Robert T. Kiyosaki is currently being written and you can participate for free. He endorses Mr. Paul, that is how I knew to look him up.

Maybe if we looked a Germany once again, and how a sane population was converted to gross inhumanity, then maybe the light bulb would go off.

Maybe if we told the story of the frog, how if put in a pan of water on the stove and slowly heated will not hop out even to death.

I really think that all of the major self help people, both Christian and secular are telling people it is all in their head. If things are good or bad is all in perception. It is teaching a denial of critical thinking, which chooses good or bad, and is making it a mind over matter choice not a choice based on measurable facts.

19. Landin

Ron, There is an Army of people who will hit the streets for you. Believe this! This is your time to shine, if ever there was a time. Everything you have said- has come true.

Armies and Armies of young and old alike, hitting the streets, hitting the tea parties, handing out flyers, speaking your message at work and at play, and at bars and at ballets.

Run Paul, RUN!!!!

20. Steve

Hey Sean,

You seem to think that there some value to a candidate being a lawyer and not an economist and you think Peter Schiff is a schmuck. You obviously need to go join in another, less intellectual conversation.

1. Sean

Shows how smart you are. Our country has never and would never elect an economist to be president. Peter Schiff is a jew and would never be elected for president. That is the truth. I thought this was the room seeking truth, not stupid dreams and wishes.

1. Sean

The president doesn't run the economy, the economy runs itself. We want the government out of the hands of our capitalist society.

1. Sean

I think bill maher is the most famous libertarian who is actually in touch with reality, but I don't think talk show hosts could win the presidency either.

1. Nate Y

Maher's Classical Liberal bona fides are seriously in question. On a recent show he suggested States' rights are a dead idea. WTF!?

2. Sean

Sadly, states rights are a dead idea. Everyone loves bill maher. You obviously don't watch his show.

3. longshotlouie

yepper .... that Constitution is such a pain, huh?

sarc

4. Del

Sean, You need to either lay off of the crack, or the kool-aid. Bill Maher is a liberal socialist puke that can't have an opposing viewpoint on his show without a host of pukes just like him to "have his back". He's just a carnival barker.

5. Sean

Ron paul was on his show. Ron paul is his hero. How can a socialist have ron paul as a hero..... maybe because he is not a socialist, he is a libertarian.

2. Nate Y

Just a fair warning, Sean is probably the most disingenous person I've happened upon on the net.

In other threads he's praised Peter Schiff.

1. Steve

His comment didn't seem to warrant a reply so no reply was provided. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and should keep it to themselves most times.

2. Sean

I agree with a lot of things that Peter Schiff says and I used him to back up very distinguished points I was trying to make. That doesn't mean I "look up" to him or think he would make a wise president.. No economist has ever been elected for president because the presidency isn't about withholding the economy; it's about withholding the law. That is why Lawyers always become president. I would not vote for an economist ooor a talk show host. I think Bill Maher has a voice of reason that can influence a wide variety of people so he should remain a talk show host. I think Peter Schiff makes a good economist so he should keep at what he does best.

1. Sean

You might as well elect Ben Bernanke as president, he's an economist.

1. Nate Y

Simply two more posts demonstrating your complete ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Btw, the word your looking for is not "withholding" it is "upholding". It is the job of the presidency/executive branch to UPHOLD (or enforce) the law (the constitution). Unfortunately, Obama acts in line with your word confusion. He seems to think it the the job of the presidency to withhold the law rather than enforce it.

2. Sean

I think that's the most intelligent thing you have EVER said. Keep up the good work.

3. longshotlouie

I was sure that he meant 'withholding'.

lol

4. Sean

hahaha

5. Sean

thats what 10 years of lsd will do to u.

6. longshotlouie

Why, did you give it up?

I thought you were still tripping.

Let me be more pointed.
            Your use of the word 'withholding' was a bit Freudian.

7. Sean

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers occur in a word. The olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

8. longshotlouie

Your implosion is not a pretty sight.

21. Bob Martin

What the media did to Ron Paul in the last election was total crap. They chose to focus on BHO. Sure the media is a ratings game but the American people deserve transparency and fairness. Get on the media blog sites and let them know their networks are going to be boycotted if there isn't equality and an end to partiality editing the networks have become famous for.
    Americans need to focus on the Constitution and dump the change philosophy. We need Ron Paul or it is goodbye America.

22. Tiffany Marler

If Ron Paul runs there are some things that have to happen. Like others said, he must have the support of the Republicans. I think he should be working right now to try and gain support from them.
    Another thing I have noticed is this; when I discuss Ron Paul with people they back off and call him a conspiracy theorist. 9-11 is one thing, but when his supporters are out there talking abour fema camps and Illuminati it completely turns people off. I'm not trying to tell you what to believe, I'm just saying keep it to your self, at least for now. I believe from talking to people this is the biggest thing hurting him. We must touch on points that wins Americans, such as Audit the Feds, Anti-War and closing the borders. Those things there people will relate too. we must begin now to change Dr Pauls image to the public if he expects to have a chance in 2012, assuming he decides to run.

1. B.D. Sylvia

Tiffany, You made reference to 'Auditing the Fed', however, you failed to comment on what 'I' said about 'Who could be trusted to do it'. I would like to know your thoughts along these lines.
      B.D.Sylvia

1. Too Late

Your worry is only valid if the audit were done in secrecy.

If the audit is publicly accessible, it will come to light whether it is fact or fiction.

The audit should be done by the HBC.

2. Deirdre Mullen

Tiffany:
      I agree with you. Although some of these things such as FEMA camps, Illuminati etc. may have truth to them or may not, "conspiracy theory" are dirty words and people should be careful because people are conditioned to the point where their eyes glaze over and they start thinking about The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Conspiracy buffs turn people off. Even if they are 100% right. Like there have never been covert plots by the extremely wealthy and powerful? And if you question any of this, the media brands you "conspiracy buff" and you are marginalized by that title. It's a more sophisticated form of censorship, because here in the United States you can't get thrown in jail (yet) for not parroting the accepted party lines, so they will ridicule you to shut you up. That is kind of scary. But I do agree that it DOES NO GOOD AND TURNS PEOPLE OFF, and serves no purpose to getting Ron Paul elected to the presidency in 2012. So Ron Paul supporters should NOT focus their attentions by spreading the news about those issues (Let Alex Jones worry about that stuff for now!!) because they will maybe win a couple of battles, but lose the war. And this is not a war we want to lose. If we can get this guy elected, all those things will be dealt with because Ron Paul, who will be a BUSY PRESIDENT, will see what's coming down the pipe and IF IT IS NOT IN THE CONSTITUTION, it is NOT ON. What the American people will do when they figure out what the SPP and North American Union are really about is anyone's guess. Take to the streets? The UN and Blackwater (Xe) are all too ready for us. FEMA camps. Yup. They are really there. Am a talking nonsense? Conspiracy? We shall see.
      Ron Paul 2012!

1. VR

Have you heard of the movie 'Camp FEMA' ?

-------------------------------------------
        FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: JUNE 25, 2009
        [PLEASE FORWARD]

ST. LOUIS, MO (BSMG) JUNE 25, 2009 – The Patriot community’s number one shock-jock Alex Jones has officially jumped onboard the new feature film “Camp FEMA,” currently in production from producers William Lewis and Gary Franchi. Over the course of a two-day interview, Jones shared his passionate opinions on the New World Order takeover of America and the implementation of death camps in U.S. cities while also speaking to the topic of legislation enacted to keep Americans safe in a time of national emergency. “It’s all a lie,” according to Jones, with documents in hand to prove it. Producer Franchi and veteran anti-NWO filmmaker Lewis agree citing legislation highlighted in the film that will shock audiences when they learn that “continuity of government” plans do NOT include the continuity of the United States Constitution nor any of the rights enumerated and defended by our forefathers.

1. Del

VR,
          I have not heard of the feature film you're referring to, but I do know who Alex Jones is. I used to live in Austin. His data seems to be sound, and his facts verifiable. That's enough to scare the pants off of anyone with even a modicum of awareness, and common sense. I believe he would be taken more seriously however, if he would tone down his theatrics. My opinion is based mainly on nearly 60 years of living with my eyes open. I remember the Kennedy attempt to end the Fed, and his adamant desire to NOT prolong the VN war. I was young, but I remember my father saying that he (JFK) was treading on dangerous ground. Shortly after that he was assassinated. Back in the early 70's I was fortunate to have a history professor that taught us from British, and French textbooks on American history. The fact is that this Government was truly founded By the Gentry FOR the Gentry. The vast majority of our presidents came from four family bloodlines. That is until Peanut Carter, GHWB, and the New World Order. Their goal is to wrest power from those four bloodlines for good.
          They are anti-semitic...totally. They, and Cheney are thick as thieves...literally. BHO is a distant cousin of Dick Cheney. So...he will continue, and even accelerate their plan. It will take a powerful movement, a revolution to stop them. Dr Paul has been a shining example of what a public servant should be throughout his entire political career. I fear that without mass public vocal support he will never be taken seriously. He will never get media support.

23. B.D. Sylvia

Well, Ron. . . If your going to do it, DO IT NOW. You 'Must' get high profile backers 'IN PLACE' to go along with a 'Grass Roots' movement, without them, you have 'No Chance' of breaking the hold the Dem's currently have. With all that is going on currently, it 'Should' all 'Blow Up' in their faces by the mid-term elections, but that's not for sure, an something else, you are calling for an 'Audit' of the Fed, that's fine, 'BUT'. . . Who can be 'TRUSTED' to do it ?, you have made no statements on this, an I, as well as others would want to know. This should be the first thing done to promote 'Trust', an 'Confidence'. The conservatives of this country are looking for someone who will lead us to victory, 'BUT' it 'Can't' be as it has away's been, it 'MUST' be 'Trustworthy' to the 'Extreme', people ( including 'Myself' ) are tired of 'Lip Service' by those who are 'Soposed' to represent us, this has to 'Stop', if the party has any chance to come back. Failing this, I myself, will be 'Changing' parties to the 'Libertarians'. If you were to do all that I have mentioned, you can count on mt support in the future.
    Thank You, an 'Good Luck' B.D. Sylvia

24. Susan

I would like to see Dr. Paul get more press now while Obama's approval ratings are sliding. I think that as soon as the Fed gets audited he should announce his intention to run for president. With the foriegn relations mess, out of control spending, systematic attacks on the constitution, the highjacking of the press, not to mention the ACORN corruption and fraud, people are disgusted and watching their congressmen and representatives carefully. Dr. Paul has introduced many excellent bills and is a voice of reason in a sea of sinister stupidity. Let's get his name out there NOW and promote his bills so when he does run, people will be more familiar with his platform. Many Americans are angry and frightened at the all too obvious agenda of this administration. I dare say when the debacle of this presidency is over, people will want and need a true patriot to put our country and our constitution back together.

25. Christine

The Obama effect has worn off. The "hope" and the smooth, confident, thoughtful talker that enticed Americans has faded fast. We see reality now. He's just a continuation of the plan set in motion during the years with Bush Jr/Sr and Clinton. We know he has the same general agenda, NWO. We see our country going downhill, civil liberties being taken away, everyone's hopes and dreams disappearing, borrowed money by the billions and trillions going into other countries when we have so many troubles mounting here at home... as the numbers increase in the national debt and as he solves nothing here at home, we are looking already for someone else to lead. It's been more oppression by overburdening us with taxes (can't seem to pass the bills fast enough in congress), a national debt that cannot be repaid, houses in foreclosures, no troops coming home (instead more going into other countries + Iraq), lies and more lies.

The best thing about Ron Paul (and there are many) is that he is consistent!! He consistently stands for the guiding principles of the constitution and the bill of rights. He holds every bill up to the light of these two documents. And he knows our history, when we are going down the same wrong path time and again. We can rest assured he will not tell us one thing and do another!! We know that to be true of him...he's been so patiently consistent until the rest of us catch on to the truth of what has been going on. He's a great educator...and so many need their eyes opened. Once the audit of the FED is performed, and the FED is dissolved, that will be the time he should make his announcement...either to run or to continue serving as Senator. There is some advantage to him being Senator. He's more free to move about and educate, not isolated and distant from everyone in a white house (with bad energy in it). Everyone that goes there seems to change.

26. Douglas

He needs to make more videos on youtube to get the word out that he will run in 2012 People will have to spread the word about him and he must let them know how he plans to help save things from going so wrong.

27. Bob Fitzpatrick

I think Ron Paul should announce after 1207 passes the House.

28. C. Worley

There will be a point in time that may be the more beneficial and appropriate for Ron Paul to announce his intentions in seeking the office of the President of the United States of America.

By this statement, I hope it is clear, that the current administration has a large following. From the inconstant ideologies the current administration has it will stump it's collective toe and present an opportunity to offer an alternative.

Basically, to which I believe all will agree, the real tax-paying part of the U.S.A., the country is not moving in a direction most working folks are comfortable with. That being said, it is only a matter of time before an opportunity of significant importance presents itself.

That point will be the best time to offer an alternative.
    Won't be long now.

Thanks for asking.

29. gabriel

the way i see it; the sooner the better, unless he feels that he is just not up for it.

30. Katrina Turner

I think that he should have wreaked havoc at the 2008 GOP Convention like he said he was after the Republicans treated him so badly.If he does that in 2012, I'll vote for him.

31. rodriguezintexas

It's all about timing. Dr. Paul is gaining ground with the mainstream now, but I still think it is too soon. The economy is on the way down fast, but it hasn't hit bottom, yet. There are still enough deceived sheep out there who believe it is going to pick up. Those people still aren't ready for Dr. Paul. There are still too many people out there who want something for nothing and like the idea of government taking care of them. They need to see the failure of big government (which won't be long) before they are ready for Dr. Paul. However, we simply didn't have enough time last time, so I don't think it should be any later than next fall. If he is choosing to run, he needs to spend the time now putting together the absolute best campaign team he can find so he can start with a bang from day one with no hiccups like last time. If he is choosing not to run, I think it would be good for him to begin priming someone in his stead--someone who is as close to his libertarian-republican-Constitutional views as possible. This way he can decline running and endorse someone else at the same time. He was too late at vocalizing his support for Baldwin in 2008 and so Paul's faithful following went in too many directions. We need to be able to stand behind someone collectively from day one. Hopefully it will be the Good Doctor himself. I must say, though, that if Dr. Paul does decide to run, I think he should go all the way. He needs to commit to running as an independent should he fail to win the Republican primary. In that case, it may mean he has to run as an independent representative in his own district.

1. John Haley

The economy was on its way down five years ago, but we are paying half for gas what we were last year at this time, and the economy is recovering slowly.For such a lousy economy, I'm seeing people spend their money at businesses left amd right, and just about everyone I know is self-employed.

What you need to do is help yourself.The president can't do it alone.It is time for us to come together as a nation and stop pointing fingers.

1. longshotlouie

He needs to help himself? What does that mean?
        Did he say he was struggling financially or in poor health?

If all you see is people spending money left and right then you live in a bubble, a small one. In my working-class neighborhood the unemployment rate is upwards of 20%.
        The seniors on limited income cannot afford to run their a/c because of the continually rising price of groceries and fuel, neither of which are included in the CPI or the yearly COL increases.

If you really believe that the economy is improving then you are in for a rude awakening. The real shit has not even hit the fan, yet.

Snooze On, Brother Haley

2. rodriguezintexas

John,

You're seeing a rise in self-employment not because the economy is rebounding, but because unemployment is over 9%, the highest it has been since the early 1980's! When people lose their jobs and can't find another, they pull up their bootstraps and make a way for themselves. And I cheer them on. Hard-working people who have always helped themselves will continue to help themselves. Hard working people who help themselves is what built America and made it great. The problem is, those who have always helped themselves are now having to help themselves and those who don't, too, thanks to Bush and Obama.

32. JohnMemphisTN

A vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama. Paul has zero chance of winning and will only take votes away from the Republican candidate who actually has a good chance of winning. A second term for Barack will KILL the USA forever! Nothing against paul but good grief what a pathetic showing he made in 2008.

1. longshotlouie

Pathetic showing? You really do need to turn off the TV.

How many Republican candidates went down before Dr. Paul?
      Without the help of the Republican Party or the media (in fact, both went out of their way to be a hindrance), Dr. Paul gained millions of fans and knocked off all comers except for Juan McCain, the statist whore.

We started from thousands in 2006, and were millions in 2008.
      In 2010, we will start with millions and have 10's of millions in 2012.

The Republican Party and the media will work even harder to stop this train in this next round, but we will be working harder.

Go ahead and continue to vote for your Obamccain candidates, my Tennessee cousin, and we'll continue to try and save this country.

Every other possible Republican candidate is just more of the status-quo. More war, more taxes, more government intervention into our lives.

Live Free or Die
      Ron Paul 2012

2. Deirdre Mullen

JohnMemphisTN:
      You must not have watched the whole debate. Ron Paul did not get emotional, like Giuliani and McCain, desperately attempting to play on OUR emotions. If you wanted to see drama, there is always movies about politics. Try Wag the Dog.

Ron Paul slaughtered all these guys like David with a slingshot. His quiet sturdy grounded truth-telling, backed up by FACTS, was a big surprise and earned him a LOT of fans. It was almost as if he was schooling these people on history, and you could tell who the more intelligent candidate was, even if he didn't have the biggest mouth. I heard people at work the next day saying "Who IS this guy???" and perhaps more significantly, more tellingly, WHY is he being blacked-out of the media when clearly, a LOT of citizens of this country are very interested in hearing what he says? Me likee. And so do a lot of average Americans. Is it surprising that we cherish our constitution and now we see an actual truthful politician who does? Yeah, it is a long shot, I'll admit. But there is NO DOUBT Ron Paul made a major impact, and if we surge out of our little houses and get involved in spreading the word, we can do this. Ron Paul in 2012!!!

33. Terry

It seems to me that being president should be open to any American. However, if what I've recently watched on the internet is correct, it looks like all of the world leaders in the highest power are somehow related. So I would think that the power of a president coming out from the people, assuming he is not related, would have to be a pull by the American people. If the American people had to watch on TV what I put myself through watching on the internet, like me they may have 3 or 4 days of heart palpitations and crying. Then what? Run to the mountains with food??? How long will that last???
    Exposure to the real for all to see would be a good first step. It would be a really good step to ask people when is the last time they really saw a terrorist? And what proof do they have that they exist. Isn't a paid sniper or a brainwashed cult kid easy to send on a job like that? We back things up with our emotions. Do you think any American's would volunteer to blow up Iraq if the 9/ll thing didn't happen?
    Cock fights happen because people put two roosters together and they bump them into each other, and get them really mad, then they let them go with razors strapped on their feet. That is the same way power makes war, it bumps two countries against each other and play both sides against the middle.
    It makes more sense to see that; then to believe that any of us really want to kill the other people on the Earth. After all, out of this country well meaning people have poured their own hard earned dollars into countries with war and famine; hoping to help the people in them. The deal is, I think, we never stopped to think that it was all really intentional and probably quite fixable if it was allowed to be fixed.
    There are so many examples in movies of the public being lead, through media and advertising. And there is this huge positive thinking movement going on in the secular world and the church that basically tells you if it sucks to be you it is your fault because you’re walking around being negative.
    I heard a comedian remark that positive thinking doesn’t work when you've been hit by a cement truck. Like, you can tell yourself your head is still on your body, and they aren't sweeping your arms and legs into a sack, but that doesn't change the fact you were just hit by a cement truck. I see the positive thinking movement being really good except for a fatal flaw, and that is, if it causes you to think it that you can fix your life by being in denial of reality, it is teaching you to believe a lie, or to brainwash yourself. Believe me, if you are dead, positive thinking stops. It is good I believe to have a genital way, but it is foolish to be in denial of what you know to be fact.
    I really wish more than anything that the truth was out about this country, and that the citizens could see their rights being taken away check by check. They would be motivated to vote if they understood what they were voting for. To me it is voting for freedom, not a party. We are all starting to realize it hasn’t mattered for a long time what shingle the president hung on the wall, it was the same agenda either way.
    If we had a true knowledge of our situation we may have a shot. Americans need a leader that will make them independent again, before there is nothing to talk about and the option is gone forever.

34. Mary Hath Spokane

Not only should he announce immediately but he should lead the REVOLUTION. I want him to come with me, LIBERTY as I lead the revolution from Seattle, WA to NYC this summer 40Days/40Cities

The Rothschilds, Rockefellars and international bankers created the Federal Reserve on worthless pieces of paper for manipulative control. This is the greatest SCAM in history and the whole world is their slave. It is past time to revolt! Obama, who like the graymen who control him, is innately divine and could change everything. So far he has not. The bottomline problem is the altered ego. That part of all of us which is full of fear and just holds on to the personality image. This image is the anti-Christ, the devil, the part of us which hates instead of loves, which wars instead of forgives and which controls instead of allows.

The male altered ego is the gravest problem in our world today. The male image of power and control with qualities of competition and greed is why we have world wide economic problems, famines and war. We must recognize this altered state in ourselves and change it back to our spiritual, loving, divine nature.

The 13 families and international bankers control the whole world because of their altered egos and lust for ultimate power - to be sovereign of the entire world! (One Whole Government with the elites in control)

You think King George of England was reason to cause a revolution….we have a much greater reason today. Rothschild is worth at least 100 trillion and Rockefellars 10 trillion. How did they acquire such wealth? They stole it with their SCAM of the central banks (Federal Reserve) from all the rest of us. I think they should pay the money back…don’t you? President McKinley tried to stop the Federal Reserve - he was killed. Lincoln tried to say no - he was killed. Kennedy tried to say no - he was killed. Even Ronald Reagan tried - he was called a lame duck and drugged. This evil in our world must be confronted and stopped.

Our dear Mother Earth is dying from the greed of the male altered ego and she will heal herself. She has already started (Katrina). These evil people think they will be safe from her in their undergrounds ...no way. She has consciousness and they will die first.

Governments are all controlled so the hope is in the people…another revolution is necessary. Our federal government is owned by international bankers. Stop paying them money….that may bring them down.

35. newera

Without question, in my humble opinion,
    Ron Paul should lead a change over of the House of Representatives.
    Forget about President. Control the House. Speaker Paul?