141 responses to “Ron Paul 2012: Who should be Ron Paul’s running mate?”

1. dish network grosse pointe mi

I really love your site.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you develop this website yourself?
    Please reply back as I’m planning to create my own site
    and want to know where you got this from or just what the theme is named.
    Appreciate it!

2. NP

Ron Paul and Ross Perot for 2012!!!!

This will give Ron Paul the political and financial backing that he needs to be a headliner in the media, public, and political parties race for 2012 presidency.

3. Your Nominations for Ron Paul’s VP in 2012 | Daily Libertarian

[...] submit your nominations as a comment to this post. The combined choices from our past three polls (06/2009, 11/2009, 04/2010) are listed [...]

4. Your Nominations for Ron Paul’s 2012 VP | Ron Paul .com

5. Poll Results: Ron Paul’s VP in 2012 | Ron Paul .com

[...] attracted 10,580 voters, compared to 9,425 voters in the November 2009 poll and 2,739 voters in the June 2009 poll.Judge Andrew Napolitano came in as the undisputed winner, with 40% of voters expressing their [...]

6. pudgeman29

come on i read alot of the quotes and i didnt see anyone mention Bob Barr ( the person who should have won in 08 )

7. RunRonRun

I would like to see John Bolton as a running mate with Dr. Ron. Good second choices as mentioned, Michelle Bachman or Judge Napolitano.

8. Brian

Jesse Ventura MAY have been a good choice years ago, but he seems to get crazier with age. Besides, now he has this ” conspiracy ” tv show that will make him political poison. How in the hell did Huckabee, Romney or Palin get such high numbers?!?!?! You people HAVE read our platform, no? Schiff would be great, in my opinion. I also would support Kucinich for the role. He shares many of our foreign policy views, as well as our civil liberty platform. He’s a big spender, but as vice president, he would have no power to push that agenda. He and the good doctor are already good friends and have discussions all the time. I believe the relationship would be the same with him as VP. All in all, for the sake of an interesting ticket that would draw votes, I pick Dennis.

1. Joe

9/11 was an inside job so we need Jesse Ventura for VP!

9. Keith

Why is that Kucinich freak even one of the choices? Ridiculous!! I thought we are about limited constitutional government and individual rights. Kucinich is a liberal big government socialist Obamaphile, very proud of being a democrat. Huckabee and Romney are neocon establishement republicans who mocked, ridiculed, and laughed at Dr. Paul during the debates last year. Ventura is for open borders, which we have now, which has allowed for our border states to be flooded with foreign criminals and gangsters. His fame and fortune are from staging fake violence. What kind of character does that? I’ll bet that none of you even knows Ventura’s stand on the majority of important issues. All of the above received more votes than Chuck Baldwin who has been a loyal and hard-working supporter of Ron Paul, and the revolution from the beginning. This is the man who recieved Dr. Paul’s endorsement last year. These other people you are voting for are from outside the movement, and have very little to do with what we are supposed to be fighting for. I don’t get it. I think you people have very little understanding of what Ron Paul is actually about, or else you are totally out of your minds.

10. Ron Paul 2012 Poll Results | Ron Paul .com

[...] of our voters expressing their desire for him to be Ron Paul’s VP in 2012 (up from 9% in our June poll). Judge Andrew Napolitano, who wasn’t included in the last poll, had been an early favorite [...]

11. Jose Haber

Why is John “Juan Hernandez” McAmnesty still on this poll? He couldn’t even get a majority of his own people, the Republican party, like Ron Paul did.

I am a Vet, and as we know, McAmnesty isn’t as popular as Paul with the Vet’s.

Yes, we all greatly respect John McCain for his military service, but we all have to continue to fight, for what is right, now just in the past, but present, and future also.

Do we want someone as liberal as McAmnesty or do we want someone who is better suited, more educated, and a stronger candidate running; who puts God, Our Country, Our Constitution, Our Laws, Our People, etc.. first before greedy politicians on Both Parties??

Heck, even Fox News’s own mouth piece (For Globalist/ Open Borders, Ruppert Murdock), Sean Hannity, claimed that his (Hannity’s) own polls were wrong when Paul was winning debates and breaking, fund raising records!!!!!

Is that right Sean, your own polls were wrong? The only people that were calling in for Paul were crazy, lunatics, (other blashphemous words), etc…. , really Sean, we Military are crazy, lunatics, etc..???

Sad when you find out, according to the IRS, that most of Pauls financial support came from the US Military. Yes the same US Military Hannity called crazy, lunatics, etc… really Sean?

The same crazy, nutjobs, etc.. that are dying for this country, because we want a better America???

Actually, Paul had more money from the US Military, than all the other candidates combined, even McCain.???

God Bless Ron Paul, my fellow brothers and sisters in the US Military, and of course, America.

12. Craig Brockhaus

Joe Lieberman….he thinks just right…radical enough to stand for himself. Schiff, Perot, Any Dem with guts enough to break ranks. Any Libertarian.

13. Bobbie Taylor

I like everything Ron Paul stands for. I believe he should run on the American First Party. I don’t think he has a chance with the Republican Party because I believe they are so corrupt as are the Democrats and are beyond reforming. I would hate to see him waste all of the built up energy and money and be treated the same way as last time by the Republican party. We need to make this run count and win. Our country is in peril and we can’t miss or we lose our country forever.

14. CC

To even consider Palin walking the streets, never mind running the country is SCARY. She turns my stomach every time she opens her mouth, and I although I’m an avid reader, I wouldn’t read her book if it was the only book left on earth. Mr. Paul is much too smart to even be in the same picture as her. Palin is the anti-Christ! Just watch her, listen to her, and you can almost see the horns coming out of her head. lol.
    Go Ron Paul, GO! FREEDOM in 2012!

15. MomFive

I really LIKE Jesse Ventura and SOME of his viewpoints, but believe me, you don’t want him as a running mate. After being under his governorship, he made a few good decisions, but a number of them were just not well thought out, and toward the end of his term, he really showed a great deal of instability when the press turned on him, as the press will do. He can be a loose cannon. Actually, I found it quite amusing that his name was so high up on the list!

16. Ryan

Peter Schiff, Chuck Baldwin or Rand Paul is the best bet because they have the most similar political views. Jesse Ventura is pro-abortion so I don’t think Paul would pick him. Baldwin would probably solidify winning the Florida electorate, so he would be the better pick. Kucinich only has the same Foreign Policy views and almost everyone else on the list is a neo-con so there is no way they would even be considered.

17. Ryan

I agree with Tony
    Judge Napolitano would be a perfect choice and maybe with him on the ticket Fox News would be more fair towards his coverage
    Gary Johnson would be my 2nd choice

18. TJ

A lot of great choices!!!

Here’s my thoughts (Knowing in reality, maybe not always feasible, but Ron Paul isn’t mainstream / go with the flow type of person.)

Either:
    Peter Schiff – actually has a “clue” about the economy. I hope he makes senate in CT. Go Peter!

Jesse Ventura – no nonsense guy that has the political career to back it up.

Dennis Kucinich – that would incredible!

Rand Paul – clever, very clever…love the family bond concept! I sure hope he makes senate in KY. Go Rand!!!

Chuck Baldwin – voted for him in 2008!

Lou Dobbs – definitely would get good media coverage.

How about Alan Grayson?

I say Ron Paul picks one of the above and brings the rest of the guys on as part of his cabinet if he is elected. Now that would be real “Hope” and “Change”. :)

19. Not kucinich

all of you that thinks paul should run with kucinich are retarded that will never fly with the republican party he needs to run with a STRONG conservative. running with that dunce would be like hanging yourself it would never happen. Palin all the way and i dont care what any of you have to say because she is an extremely strong conservative.

20. Ben

Anyone suggesting Sarah Palin or Mike Huckabee are seriously out of touch. Ron Paul is about the constitution. Huckabee wanted to have America obide by the bible which is EXTREMELY unconstitutional…ya know, the book that says if you work on Sunday you should be killed, dont touch the skin of a pig (football, bacon) you go straight to hell, gives you a good price for a slave etc, completely irrational. Yes Huckabee would bring in the evangelicals but his policies and idealogy are inconsistant with Pauls.
    Anyway, Paul should DEFINATELY run in 2012

1. Benjamin

One Ben to another, Ben… Here is what I think Dr Paul’s running was all about, and would be if he were to run again in ’12…

Of course, his bill calling for the audit of the FR has received wide(er)-spread publicity and has wide-spread support in Congress. So I have to wonder if Dr. Paul’s running for president wasn’t more for the purpose of drawing attention to it.
      All I know is that prior to his running for the presidency, I didn’t know that he existed, and wouldn’t have known to look for him among the den of vipers that is our Congress. Therefore, I wouldn’t have known about his bill, and thus written my reps urging them to look into and support it. IF that was his plan all along, he’s not only a very smart man, but another run would probably see a further gain of support to audit and, possibly, then do away with the FR altogether.

Of course, if he were to win, great. But that needn’t be the case. That said, his choice of running partners would still very much matter; he should avoid both wings like the plague; who would want to support something viewed as religious right-wing legislation or left-wing anti free-enterprise (though neither assessments are true, people would think so)?

So win or lose, Ventura would probably be his best choice because he has the experience of holding a higher office, and more people than not know who he is and what he stands for. Schiff would probably best serve in the House, for the state he plans to run in (CT), while my recommendation earlier (Jake Towne) in the state of PA. Change needs to be built from the ground up, and with two more in the House of Represenative that aren’t of the status quo, all for the better in advancing this much-needed change!

2. dustinbagz333

Dear ben.You may want to reread the bible before you go spouting off nonsense.You also misunderstand seperation of church and state.Not only was it to prevent state sponsored religion.But it was also put in place to insure youthat you could worship and believe freely and how you see fit(pretty sure that includes hackabee). Not saying huckabee should be his running mate,schiff should be, but. christians are often tagged as intolerant but you sound way more intolerant than most christians I know.Don’t be a hypocrite.

3. Lindsey

Ben: Mr Huckabee was very complimentary of Mr. Paul in his book “Do the Right Thing”. I suggest you read it. Have you ever read the Bible? I suggest you read it also. You might learn something! Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee are very close in ideologies actually! I agree with Dustinbagz333 and Not Kucinic.

21. Carol

Ron Paul / Pat Buchanan.
    .or.
    Ron Paul / Dennis Kucinich.

22. longshotlouie

For those still considering Palin to be a viable running mate, I submit this in opposition.

Palin endorses NWO Perry for re-election.

23. KenMacMillan

Michael Badnarik or Judge Andrew Napolitano.

24. Michael Robinson

I think his running mate should be Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn from District 7 in Tennessee. http://blackburn.house.gov/