Ron Paul 2012: Who should be Ron Paul’s running mate?

Check out the new Ron Paul 2012 Overview

Ron Paul hasn’t announced a decision yet whether he is going to run for President in 2012. If he runs, who should he choose as his running mate?

You can select up to 5 answers below.

[poll id=”5″]

Check out the new Ron Paul 2012 Overview

1. I really LIKE Jesse Ventura and SOME of his viewpoints, but believe me, you don't want him as a running mate. After being under his governorship, he made a few good decisions, but a number of them were just not well thought out, and toward the end of his term, he really showed a great deal of instability when the press turned on him, as the press will do. He can be a loose cannon. Actually, I found it quite amusing that his name was so high up on the list!

2. Peter Schiff, Chuck Baldwin or Rand Paul is the best bet because they have the most similar political views. Jesse Ventura is pro-abortion so I don't think Paul would pick him. Baldwin would probably solidify winning the Florida electorate, so he would be the better pick. Kucinich only has the same Foreign Policy views and almost everyone else on the list is a neo-con so there is no way they would even be considered.

3. I agree with Tony
    Judge Napolitano would be a perfect choice and maybe with him on the ticket Fox News would be more fair towards his coverage
    Gary Johnson would be my 2nd choice

4. A lot of great choices!!!

Here's my thoughts (Knowing in reality, maybe not always feasible, but Ron Paul isn't mainstream / go with the flow type of person.)

Either:
    Peter Schiff - actually has a "clue" about the economy. I hope he makes senate in CT. Go Peter!

Jesse Ventura - no nonsense guy that has the political career to back it up.

Dennis Kucinich - that would incredible!

Rand Paul - clever, very clever...love the family bond concept! I sure hope he makes senate in KY. Go Rand!!!

Chuck Baldwin - voted for him in 2008!

Lou Dobbs - definitely would get good media coverage.

How about Alan Grayson?

I say Ron Paul picks one of the above and brings the rest of the guys on as part of his cabinet if he is elected. Now that would be real "Hope" and "Change". :)

5. all of you that thinks paul should run with kucinich are retarded that will never fly with the republican party he needs to run with a STRONG conservative. running with that dunce would be like hanging yourself it would never happen. Palin all the way and i dont care what any of you have to say because she is an extremely strong conservative.

6. Anyone suggesting Sarah Palin or Mike Huckabee are seriously out of touch. Ron Paul is about the constitution. Huckabee wanted to have America obide by the bible which is EXTREMELY unconstitutional...ya know, the book that says if you work on Sunday you should be killed, dont touch the skin of a pig (football, bacon) you go straight to hell, gives you a good price for a slave etc, completely irrational. Yes Huckabee would bring in the evangelicals but his policies and idealogy are inconsistant with Pauls.
    Anyway, Paul should DEFINATELY run in 2012

• One Ben to another, Ben... Here is what I think Dr Paul's running was all about, and would be if he were to run again in '12...

Of course, his bill calling for the audit of the FR has received wide(er)-spread publicity and has wide-spread support in Congress. So I have to wonder if Dr. Paul's running for president wasn't more for the purpose of drawing attention to it.
      All I know is that prior to his running for the presidency, I didn't know that he existed, and wouldn't have known to look for him among the den of vipers that is our Congress. Therefore, I wouldn't have known about his bill, and thus written my reps urging them to look into and support it. IF that was his plan all along, he's not only a very smart man, but another run would probably see a further gain of support to audit and, possibly, then do away with the FR altogether.

Of course, if he were to win, great. But that needn't be the case. That said, his choice of running partners would still very much matter; he should avoid both wings like the plague; who would want to support something viewed as religious right-wing legislation or left-wing anti free-enterprise (though neither assessments are true, people would think so)?

So win or lose, Ventura would probably be his best choice because he has the experience of holding a higher office, and more people than not know who he is and what he stands for. Schiff would probably best serve in the House, for the state he plans to run in (CT), while my recommendation earlier (Jake Towne) in the state of PA. Change needs to be built from the ground up, and with two more in the House of Represenative that aren't of the status quo, all for the better in advancing this much-needed change!

• Dear ben.You may want to reread the bible before you go spouting off nonsense.You also misunderstand seperation of church and state.Not only was it to prevent state sponsored religion.But it was also put in place to insure youthat you could worship and believe freely and how you see fit(pretty sure that includes hackabee). Not saying huckabee should be his running mate,schiff should be, but. christians are often tagged as intolerant but you sound way more intolerant than most christians I know.Don't be a hypocrite.

• Ben: Mr Huckabee was very complimentary of Mr. Paul in his book "Do the Right Thing". I suggest you read it. Have you ever read the Bible? I suggest you read it also. You might learn something! Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee are very close in ideologies actually! I agree with Dustinbagz333 and Not Kucinic.

7. Ron Paul / Pat Buchanan.
    .or.
    Ron Paul / Dennis Kucinich.

8. For those still considering Palin to be a viable running mate, I submit this in opposition.

Palin endorses NWO Perry for re-election.

9. Michael Badnarik or Judge Andrew Napolitano.

10. Michael Robinson

I think his running mate should be Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn from District 7 in Tennessee. http://blackburn.house.gov/

11. Ron Paul needs to run for president and have someone as openminded as he his as his running mate, I didnt even vote in 2008 because I dont want to feel partly responsable for helping make the next mistake (someone like G.W. Bush) of America. I also didnt know someone like Ron Paul was even running but he's got my vote 2012 wether he runs or (please do!) or not. We as a country need someone like Ron Paul who is not corrupted by politics and will Revive the constitution. Ventura as a running mate and I think Ron's got a strong campaign going. I will help spread the word here in Iowa. I really respect Ron Pauls open mind on many opionions and not being so self-centered and just plain ignorent as most politions are. Keep doing what your doing all I can say to maybe help is advertise alot more when the time comes. Defend our constitution!
    !!!!RON PAUL 2012!!!!

12. He should run with Judge Andrew Napolitano. Napolitano is not only a great speaker who can(and has) articulated libertarianism to the mainstream audience(ie, neoconservatives and progressives), but also has a clear and consistent interpretation of the constitution.

13. I would say: Paul/Ventura.

Ventura has the strongest character, has an amplifying presence, is openminded, is widely known, a proven winner, was a governor, a proven Independent, an powerful debater, can put anybody in their place by using truth and reason; it would be almost impossible to ignore Ventura as a "nobody", so he would be the greatest complimenting candidate for Ron Paul.

Schiff -- although I would vote for him in a heartbeat -- is too unknown at this point; vetting him during the election would become a distraction.

Save Schiff for a later race.

14. Mike Huckabee would be his best choice as Ron could expand his message to a big block of voters that Mike Huckabee represents. I think that this block has't heard the message yet and once they did would be very supportive.

15. Palin Steps Down

16. It didn't allow me to specify my suggestion for "other", so I will do so here.

I would say Jake Towne, a libertarian's libertarian and a gold bug's gold bug from PA. He is running for Congress in that state and you can learn about him here...

Peter Schiff wouldn't be a bad choice, though. As for the rest... please... McCain, Palin, Romney, Huckabee...?! You gotta be kidding me! Jesse Ventura... I like him, but I can't picture too many voters being behind him, and thus Ron Paul if this were going to happen.

As for the rest, at best I only know their names but for the most part I know nothing of them, so I can't say one way or the other. Does anyone know for certain who would run as VP in another Ron Paul run for the presidency?

• I agree totally ....As for the rest… please… McCain, Palin, Romney, Huckabee…?! You gotta be kidding me! Jesse Ventura… I like him, but I can’t picture too many voters being behind him, and thus Ron Paul if this were going to happen.

17. Dennis kucinich, jesse ventura or peter schiff.

18. Joe Lieberman

19. WALTER BLOCK!

20. I must say my "other" would be not Sara Palin, But would be Michele Bachmann.

Put those two in a room to debate and you will see who shines.

• I'm with you, Peter. I was going to name her in the "other" category.

She lives with controversy, and a huge hate crowd, but I've heard her speak on a couple of occasions (one being with Dr. Paul) and she is dead on.