Some economists have identified the Federal Reserve as the cause of the “boom and bust” cycle, while others insist that its continued existence is essential to preventing another Great Depression. What should Congress do? Abolish the Fed entirely, just make it more transparent, open it up to free-market competition, leave it as it is, or make it even more powerful?
Should Congress Abolish the Federal Reserve?
- Yes (84%, 2,422 Votes)
- It depends on what the audit reveals (7%, 202 Votes)
- No, just make it more transparent (5%, 158 Votes)
- No, just allow competing currencies (2%, 45 Votes)
- Other (explain) (1%, 33 Votes)
- No, make it even more powerful (as Obama suggests) (0%, 14 Votes)
- No, leave it as it is (0%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,881