39 responses to “Join the Rand Paul for Senate Money Bomb – August 20th, 2009”

1. longshotlouie

The Money Bomb Is On !!

If you can help, please do.
    Donate a little, Spread the link a little.

$248,725.00 so far

2. christine

That’s what I want to know. Where are they? Why are they not talking about what is facing us very soon? When the public legitimately asks “what can we do?” at the health care town halls, they say they will take suggestions back to washington or there is this long processes of wading through government to exercise our rights… and that we certainly made a mistake by voting in this president. But I don’t really think we did. I’ve learned about the mechanics of the voting machines to know there is fraud. So where does that leave us?

I do know that a gal in my state did file her claim on the mandatory vaccines, not so much to win a case as to bring the attention of the public and the lazy politicians who are not now seeming to know or act…according to our constitution. This gal is now taking it to the media. We’ll see if they air any of the concerns.

3. Dolores Y

What difference does it make with why someone got a birthday cake when our country is falling apart?

It is so easy to get distracted when folks who hate everything good come here to sideswipe the issues. I know, I got distracted and apologize.

We get postings here that divert our attention and energy to put our heads together to help each other towards a goal.

Same thing at Urban Conservative web site. They get bombarded over there too with trolls from radical agendas that jump in and try to argue and divert from the real issues at hand.

What I would like to know is where are any other elected officials who give a rats as_ about this country and the direction it is going?

Happy Birthday Ron. Your son is a wonderful attribute to you and awesome reflection of your character.

Nice cake. Hope it was delicious.

4. Ross

Happy Birthday Ron,you are a really good man.In many ways you remind me of my father,though he was not as smart.There are some who have the wisdom and courage to realise that freedom of the human spirit is worth more than all the power on the planet,since lust for power just a reflection of our inadaquacies.

5. spauken

Of course he’s using his father. In this situation, there’s nothing wrong with that.

1. Child Hacker

There’s nothing wrong with it because its ron paul’s son. But if it was anyone else like Jay Rockefeller, we would think otherwise. Just like we thought otherwise for George Bush.

1. Nate Y

Yeah. People can’t judge others based on the ideas they hold, the words they say, and the actions they take. Nope. It’s all to do with pedigree. Give us a break.

1. Child Hacker

George Bush had good ideals till he was put into office.

1. Nate Y

Not really. He talked a good game regarding foreign policy but everything else was pretty crappy.

6. jacob

Can someone give me a good reason not to support Rand Paul, other than “He’s riding dad’s coattails?” I’ve read up on him, and I think his views on the issues are good. I don’t think he’s ‘using’ his father at all.

1. Child Hacker

Of course he’s using his father. How else would he raise millions of dollars to run for office? Just look at all the campaign contributions he is looking for on this and other ron paul sites.

1. Child Hacker

His opponent has the same views.. The only thing that makes him “special” is that he is ron paul’s son.

“Please join us this August 20th for Rand Paul’s largest one day political donation event yet. Our goal is to bring together 10,000 people to donate $100 each, creating a one day donation total of $1,000,000.”

What other politician would be able to do this??

1. Child Hacker

I can’t believe Rand Paul’s largest one day political donation event seeking to raise one million dollars is on Ron Paul’s birthday..

1. Nate Y

Believe it.

Ron Paul is on record saying he supports his son and his decision to run. As such, Rand isn’t using his father in the least bit.

2. Child Hacker

Oh I do believe that they are actually doing it. I just can’t believe that he would use his father like this to gain political power. Of course he is going to support his son, that doesn’t mean he isn’t using him.

3. Nate Y

You have a loose definition of the word use. Given your abuse of the term, how is it even possible for Rand not to use his father?

You use the word “use” to mean “exploit”. You argue that Rand is exploiting his father to gain political power. But Rand is not exploiting his father. One party cannot exploit another if the other (supposedly exploited) party is fully conscious and supportive of the actions being taken. Also, Rand does not want more power concentrated in the federal government. In fact, he wants the exact opposite. He wants to see more power in the hands of the people.

You are (like the other trolls on her) abusing the language and making a very disingenuous argument.

4. Child Hacker

You can exploit someone with or without their acceptance.

5. Nate Y

To exploit another PERSON is to use that person unfairly or in a mean spirited way. That is not what is happening with Rand and Ron Paul.

You say “George Bush took advantage of his father to gain political power, even though his father accepted it and supported him.”. No, he did not. It is impossible to take advantage of someone if he/she supports what you are doing. I don’t understand why it is so hard for you to grasp this.

You may as well say that a husband takes advantage of his wife every time they make love. “He’s USING her!!! He’s taking advantage of her to obtain sexual pleasure!!! Yes, I know she wants him to do it, she’s a conscious and active participant, she initiated the action, and she’s very much enjoying it. But it is exploitation!! I have absolutely no concept of mutual benefit!”

6. Child Hacker

exploit- to utilize, esp. for profit; turn to practical account: to exploit a business opportunity.

You can take advantage of a situation good or bad.

7. Nate Y

See what you did there? You are accusing Rand not of exploiting a SITUATION, you are accusing him of exploiting a PERSON (his father, Ron). There is a difference. This tactic is called “switching the goal posts”. But I don’t think you’re even aware you’re doing it.

exploit (transitive verb)

2 : to make use of meanly or unfairly for one’s own advantage (to exploit migrant farm workers)

Of course, as anyone familiar with the terms “inflation”, “liberal”, and many others are aware, dictionaries aren’t the final authority on the definition of words. Definitions change over time. But you asked.

8. Child Hacker

take advantage of-
            1. To put to good use; avail oneself of: take advantage of all educational opportunities.
            2. To profit selfishly by; exploit: took advantage of the customer.

I believe Rand is #2. He is being selfish by profiting off of his father.

9. Nate Y

Oh I’m well aware that you believe Rand is being selfish by profiting off his father. The problem is you offer no evidence or argument to support this claim. If Rand and his father had great ideological disagreements or if Ron Paul didn’t support Rand’s decision, you would have an argument. Happily, neither of these scenarios is a reality. Also, as has already been pointed out, an action cannot be considered selfish if the other person (who is supposedly exploited) is fully conscious of and supportive of the action(s) being taken.

If the two parties share a common goal, it cannot be considered selfish when action is taken to achieve that goal. You may as well criticize quarterbacks of selfishly profiting off their wide receivers when the receivers catch passes and score touchdowns. After all, the quarterbacks stats improve as a result, don’t they?

It is also important to note that being Ron Paul’s son is viewed as a liability by others. There are those who do not support the ideas held by Ron and Rand (and many others). As such, I could easily make an opposite (and equally vacuous) claim that Rand Paul is losing votes damaging his chances simply because he is Ron Paul’s son.

How would it even be possible for Rand NOT to profit (in the eyes of some) by virtue of being his father’s son?

10. sean

You are both right.. Rand is “riding the free train,” but it is good for the both of them. Rand is not disrespecting his father in any way.

Haha, I don’t understand why all of you drug this out so long. lol, nate and his dictionary. Stupid people arguing.

11. sean

Nate would argue to cut down a tree that the government planted, because the government is “evil.”

7. Dolores Y

I don’t want to think about another birthday! lol

8. Dolores Y

I don’t know. I guess women are different. It’s the thought that counts. It may have been a little joke to humor him. We never know what a private, family gathering was like. This looks like it was at an office. I just think it’s sweet. He may be grateful that he has a child living to do this for him.

1. Child Hacker

His son would never try to become a senator if he wasn’t popular.

9. Dolores Y

Well, if he is doing a good thing, does it matter? Does his father support him? By support, I mean, stand behind him.

Seems to me that alot of folks in history, past and present have done this. I would think if it is an honorable thing he is doing. His father would be so pleased that his son is following in his footsteps.

As long as it is a good thing, and he’s doing it for the right reasons. Perhaps he is compelled to pick up the torch.

1. Child Hacker

I’m sure Ron Paul will always support his son and stand behind him, but i’m also sure Ron Paul knows that his son is using his success and his supporters to gain political power.

1. Herewe Goagain

Uh huh, what’s the problem?

1. Child Hacker

Rand Paul is USING his father so he can become a senator.

10. Child Hacker

Ron Paul doesn’t look to thrilled. That’s not a very good birthday present. It’s great to have a son who surpasses you and all, but not when they use you to get there. Lets just rub it in by putting a picture of his of his son on his birthday cake!

1. Child Hacker

I guarantee if ron paul didn’t become famous, rand paul wouldn’t of stepped up. Thats pretty messed up.

1. Dolores Y

I guess I am in the dark on that. Is it Ron Paul’s birthday? oh..just went up to read that…yes, it is his birthday. His son give it to him? Seems like he may be having a moment of proud reflection to me or just taking it all in. Of course I am not sure what you are referring to since I don’t know that much about either.

Heck, there are alot of parents out there who’s children don’t speak to them much less honor them.

Guess it’s just me but I don’t see anything wrong here and I if I am mistaken, sorry…

1. Child Hacker

Ron paul’s son is using him to run for the senate and rubbing it in with the birthday cake. Instead of celebrating ron paul’s birthday, they are celebrating his son trying to surpass him.

2. Child Hacker

For my birthday, I want a birthday cake with my name on it, Not my sons logo.

1. Herewe Goagain

You’ll have to settle for eleven candles (one to grow on).

2. Child Hacker

Oh ya.. You wont be invited to the party. No cake for u!

11. spauken

Even if you can’t give $100, give something!