457 responses to “Poll: Ron Paul 2012”

1. JM

I don't know but if he is up for it I'll support him. I don't know why he would want to put himself through another presidential campaign at age 77. Regardless, he needs to run as a republican or the conservative vote will be split and President Obama gets four more years.

2. Erik Morton

As much as I respect Dr. Paul (hell, he's pretty much the ONLY American politician I do respect), he IS getting on in age. So I think that if he truly believes his health is up to him holding arguably the most powerful position in the world, then absolutely YES he should run! I'd vote for him in a heartbeat!!!

3. Tony

Can he WIN?????????

4. Frank Quinn

Better yet: let Texas (peacefully) secede from the USA and elect him President of Texas. Then he won't have to deal with the UN, IRS, the Fed, or any of this other nonsense. Since he is SO OBVIOUSLY the BEST choice for President it will never happen. People in this country can't deal with cold hard facts. And Jesse Ventura or Mit Romney! Please. Romney screwed up Mass. with HIS health care proposals. Millions of hard-working God-fearing skilled Americans would flock to an independent Texas bringing countless resources with them. America would then be left as a LOSER Banana Republic making Zimbabwe(?) look prosperous.

1. Pat Quinn

Frank Quinn (no relation) says:

I don't vote.

5. Marlene Kiick

Yes, I think Ron Paul for the presidency. Because of the
    stronghold of the Democratic and Republican parties he
    probably wouldn't have a shot but it is important for him
    to relay to the American people the true meaning of government
    according to our Constitution. Depending on who would be
    running on the Republican ticket as to whether he should
    run as an Independent or Republican.

6. James D. Tills

I love Ron Paul's positions, character, and courage. Unfortunately, he has been smeared by the mass media and could divide the vote significantly to the point of insuring a Barack Obama reelection disaster. Therefore, if a candidate like Mitt Romney wins the Republican nomination, I would love to see a Mitt Romney, Ron Paul ticket. Our Nation might stand a chance to overcome the Socialism that is sweeping it to oblivion and second-class world status.
    If another RINO wins the nomination like Newt Gingrich (see his support for the liberal Republican in New York's 23rd District)or John McCain, then by all means, Ron Paul needs to run as an Independent. He would be our only hope.
    I firmly believe that Barack Obama, Schumer, Leahy, Reid, Pelosi, and the other traitors in Washington will bring this incredible Nation to ruin if allowed to continue unabated for 3 more years and certainly, in 7 years. America as we know it and knew it will no longer be.

7. Darryl Sherman

Can you imagine? Ron Paul in the exutive and Peter Schiff and Rand Paul educating the congress. Now there's a change to hope for.

8. Kathleen

I love Ron Paul's affect. He is intellegent and gifted in many ways. However, he is so far from being a scoundrel that he would be ruined by the power mongers. I believe as fellow citizens we can have a larger impact with him at the helm, steering us to staying level headed and aware of what dangers are lurking around the bend. There will always be a scoundrel or two wanting to strip our freedoms from us. I appreciate having access to Ron Pauls' opinions on a weekly basis.

9. mokan99

YES, BUT IT IS VITAL THAT HE LEAVE THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND THE SOONER THE BETTER. HE SHOULD ALIGN WITH THE CONSTITUTIONAL PARTY OR, FAILING THAT, CREATE A NEW PARTY. HE MUST PRESENT A VIABLE "THIRD-WAY" ALTERNATIVE TO THE CORRUPT AND DISCREDITED EXISTING TWO PARTY SYSTEM. DR PAUL, PLEASE RECONSIDER TAKING THE LEADERSHIP ROLE IN THE CONSTITUTIONAL PARTY. DOING THIS WOULD PROVIDE A VISABLE RALLY POINT FOR ALL DISAFFECTED AMERICANS ACROSS THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM. I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT IT IS THAT YOU MAKE A CLEAN BREAK WITH THE REPUBLICANS. THEY ARE THOROUGHLY DISCREDITED AND AS A RESULT, YOUR MESSAGE IS MARGINALIZED AS LONG AS YOU REMAIN PART OF THE PARTY.

10. Dan Fenton

I love Rons Ideas and agenda, but he presents himself with a bit a a whine, and that make him look less presidential. Further, he would have to be "the" Republican candidate, and not a 3rd party contender that would split the republican vote, taking votes away from the other man, (that would just make us loose in 2012).

That bein said, I would vote for Ron. I,m 62 and have never seen a polatician keep his promises once in office. I'm hoping Ron will be the exception, and get back to the constitution as the law of the land, as well as getting rid of the IRS. They all swear to uphold the constution, None ever do.

11. jeff newman

i'm 33 yrrs old and obama is the first president i voted for in an election. Ron Paul is the only person i will vote for in the next election. Get the troops OUT OF FOREIGN LAND! and end the war on marijuana!

12. Jonathan

RON PAUL/ JESSE VENTURA 2012!

13. everett

sure if he has a good running mate,like mit romney

14. Richard Jablonski

I want an honest man to run and you ARE. However with rigged voting machines and almost no press coverage it will be tough at best. I would help any way I can. Only problem how do we get an honest vote?

Votergate on Infowars tells me if you are not the one they want our votes so far do not matter. The first thing to do is fix voting to be honest before the election.

15. Lawrence Ekdahl

As long as he does not run as a republican.

16. Judy Brashear

Yes, he should run.

17. JDean14

I believe there is a need for a truely independent candidate. He should run as an independent. I believe in Ron Paul's truely conservative and Liberty basd agenda. We need to scale back the Federal Government to it's most basic services. Eliminae the need for the IRS by eliminating the mantainance of the Empire abroad. Audit the FED and if it is as faulty and corrupt as we expect, eliminate it. Put these people to work on improving our infastructure and the quality of life for Americans. Focus our Federal Government back on it's three main principles: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness for all citizens.

18. Donnie Vick

Yes, but only if Jesse Ventura is his running mate. That's his only chance.

19. who am I

Sure he should run. What really is the question is what should Americans do to make possible prosperity as free people. Learning to read and write and reason would prove valuable. Maybe we could have a day every year where we all sit down and read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. What of the massive compaction of law that has been allowed to ride the books? All the fallacious and illegitimate court decisions? All the people who lack the ability to defend themselves. What does this mean:"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." ??

20. Larry

As long as he doesn't do it as a third party candidate. That would split the Republicans and we'd be stuck with four more years of idiocy. I agree he should be president, but he has to get there first and getting rid of the lunatic usurpers that are there now is the first priority.

21. FP

I said "it depends" for a reason. I am not convinced that Ron Paul can secure sufficient votes to win. Finding a candidate that Ron Paul can endorse and stump for would be excellent. Who is that candidate? It's not Jesse Ventura. It's not any of the candidates of the socialist party formerly known as Republican. We need a fresh face with devout and passionate convictions about true conservatism. A man or woman able to stand up for liberty because they actually believe in the libertarian cause. The patheticly socialist conservatives in Washington today are a disgrace. They spit upon the graves of the brave men and women who died to secure liberty for all. They do NOT represent me. They represent themselves.

They claim to be conservatives and use all the right words to get elected, then vote the way they really believe--like the SOCIALISTS they are.

22. touringcav

I said it depends because I don't want to put such a smart person in a post that only gives him a max. of 2 terms. Then what? ... He will travel and give gay speeches!? People that have skills should be utilized until they retire, don't know how to do this but he needs to be in a position that demands authority and the position needs to be sustained for a long period of time this is what is required to make a real "change"

23. James Hines

I love Ron Paul.
    I did everything I could to support him in 2008 and I would be happy to do everything I could to support him in 2012.
    All the same, a presidential candidate needs to be perceived as being able to serve not only 4 years, but a fully eight years. I'm afraid he is not going to be perceived this way at this age. I'm not saying he is NOT capable of serving eight years. I'm saying that I'm afraid he won't be perceived as being so.
    From that perspective, I would prefer to see Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty begin grooming former New Mexico Governor GARY JOHNSON to be the Republican Party candidate (or Campaign for Liberty candidate, in any case) in 2012. Gary Johnson has a strong record as a person of principle and has stood up to his own party (the GOP) in the past. I believe he has also recently climbed Mount Everest. I wish I could jump on the bandwagon with all my friends and say - YES, ABSOLUTELY, RON PAUL IN 2012 - but I think Gary Johnson is a better choice at this point.

24. Deanna

I said Yes because I wish Ron Paul was running and president already this year! But I realize it's a lot of responsibility. I wish so much that Ron Paul was elected that in my mind, he IS my president and a hero who speaks for the good of the people - not the government.

I pray for Ron Paul's safety, health, and happiness and that he also has time to devote himself to his wonderful family as he has to the causes that he helps bring to our awareness.

I'm sure Ron Paul will make the right decision for himself whether or not he runs, but in my mind, he is a hero! Go Ron Paul! in whatever you do! You have our support. We need a choice in who we can vote for! That is one thing I firmly believe in.

25. frances quinn

i like ron pauls views and would like to see a strong third party candidate. i will even vote for his son. the republican democrat party thing is full of corruption, greed and self interest. throw them all out.

26. J

I was forced to write it depends, simply because 3 years is more than enough time for the obamanation administration to ensure that there is no country left to run in 2012, so we'll wait and see.

On the other hand if im forced between a mccain and a obama type election, im just leaving.

27. Ludwig Hurlbat

Yes but he would need a dependable vice president in case something should happen to him in his old age.

1. Mark

What about his son he shares the same views he will be running for senate in kentucky 2010 cut from the same cloth as his father.

28. Jack

Obama is just a figure head and puppet of the Fed.A man of intergrity,honesty and passion like Ron Paul would be twice the man at 92 of Obama at 42.

It is not just a matter of a quick wit and a slick image.It is about substance honed by decades of dedication and belief in system that brings prosperity and fairness for the majority.

A wise president surrounds himself with honest and intelligent people who seek to build a nation.Obama has surrounded himself with the same old Bush baggage,for more of the same.

If Ron is really passionate about the job,then he should go for it!

29. Some American

Of course I would love to see Ron Paul run in 2012. It is long over due that the bipartisanship corruption that has plagued this country comes to an end. I am all for Fed reform, however I am skeptical of the free trade movement without any transitions. It is hard to compete globally with communist countries that cheat the system and can make products with such low labor costs. Until these poorer nations develop their own wealth, I fear that they will continue to be a burden on this country. In the long run free trade is good, but at this point of recession I am just not sure. I feel though that if Ron Paul wishes to run then he should do it. Also, the idea that Palin would be a good running mate for Ron Paul is the worst idea I have ever heard of(Book or no Book)!

30. 22 year old classical liberal

Although I am a strong supporter of his message, Dr. Paul is going to be 77 years old in 2012 and might just be getting too far up there in age to run for president again. If he did decide to run though, he would need a very good vice presidential pick who shares his libertarian / constitutionalist views and he'd have to avoid any association with the neocon republicans

31. Dfens

We don't need another "free traitor" running for president. There are enough of them already in the Republican and Libertarian parties. The Democrats say they're for fair trade but one 3 year 35% tax on cheap imported tires may be enough for their true believers, but it isn't enough to convince thinking people.

It is stupid to believe the Fed is responsible for the devaluation of the dollar when we are running trade deficits at 5 to 7% of GDP annually. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that isn't sustainable. I'd like to see any family or company run at deficits year after year and have their net worth increase.

I'm voting for a politician that looks out for Americas interests first, not one who wants to send all our gold reserves to the communist Chinese. Trading their toilet paper currency for all our gold is not in the best interests of the United States of America. It's not Constitutional either. It is one more traitor looking out for his own interests and the interests of the communist Chinese, because the ends always justifies the means to the true believers.

1. Jacques O. Beatty

You may be correct in your assessment but you can't believe the "FED" serves the interest of the US economy. The lack of oversight and the TRILLIONS of dollars given, lost, misplaced, or stolen is ASTOUNDING and the FED CHIEF flat out refused to answer some questions about WHERE THE MONEY GOES. I've been opened up to some facts about how the FED works and why the "Glass-Steagle Act" was put in place, who voted to repeal it and to what end.

It is stupid to believe that your dollar is STILL backed by GOLD...that's why your money says "FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE". The words "GOLD COIN" use to be on your money but it's no longer backed by "GOLD" or "SILVER" for that matter...IT'S WORTH ONLY THE PAPER AND INK USED TO PRODUCE IT...

Read-up

Point me to where you're getting your facts so I can also gain a better footing on who I may support and I will do the same because unless WE ALL learn more and fact check...WE ALL stand to loose in the end...

2. Jacques O. Beatty

October 27, 2009 at 11:17 pm
      You may be correct in your assessment but you can’t believe the “FED” serves the interest of the US economy. The lack of oversight and the TRILLIONS of dollars given, lost, misplaced, or stolen is ASTOUNDING and the FED CHIEF flat out refused to answer some questions about WHERE THE MONEY GOES. I’ve been opened up to some facts about how the FED works and why the “Glass-Steagle Act” was put in place, who voted to repeal it and to what end.

It is stupid to believe that your dollar is STILL backed by GOLD…that’s why your money says “FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE”. The words “GOLD COIN” use to be on your money but it’s no longer backed by “GOLD” or “SILVER” for that matter…IT’S WORTH ONLY THE PAPER AND INK USED TO PRODUCE IT…

Read-up

Point me to where you’re getting your facts so I can also gain a better footing on who I may support and I will do the same because unless WE ALL learn more and fact check…WE ALL stand to loose in the end…

3. @JustHearSay

The Fed is 100% responsible for the devauation of the dollar, the housing crisis, & the eceonomic crisis. They print as much money as they please and loan it out to everybody at interest including the money in your wallet. They are under no legal obligation to tell us what they do with the money or even how much they print. They were recently asked which foreign banks they leant money to and refused to answer or said they didn't know.

As far as gold backing the dollar,there is little if any gold remaining in Fort Knoxx. The annual audit of Fort Knoxx has not been done in at least 50 years. I have heard that it was sold off years ago at $35/oz and may now be in possession of the IMF or World Bank.

For a thorough understanding of central banking and most especally the not so Federal Reserve I reccommend watching "The Money Masters"

32. Jacques O. Beatty

After learning more about the "FED" and his call for an audit, I would definitely consider getting behind his movement. We need to stop the destruction of the US economy or NOTHING else will matter...PERIOD.

33. Lindsey

If Ron Paul runs he needs to form some alliances with some other legislators and governors. In the last campaign he chose to go it alone and consequently couldn't get his message out despite raising a good amount of money. Right now the Republican polls show Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin as the top three choices. I suggest Dr. Paul get with Sarah Palin and see if he can form some sort of political alliance with her. Her image as "Rouge" fits well with Dr. Paul and she has shown many of the same political leanings as Ron. Also, plan for her numbers to go up after the release of her book next month.

1. @JustHearSay

I don't think he chose to go it alone. Ron Paul and many of his ideas have always been on the fringe bcause they are so different from what is pushed by the media especially during the Bush administration. His position is always stated so simply and truthfully, as if the answers to our problems were simple. After listening long enough to understand his reasoning I have come to believe that many of the answers are much more simple than we are led to believe.

In the 2008 campaign Ron Paul was ostrasized by the other GOP candidates because he was too different, too honest, too unpaid for by special interests, which sets him free to tell us exactly the way it is.

As Ron Paul has said himself, "Truth is treason in the empire of lies."

34. dj

Please, we need a true statesman in it, not another puppet career politician. And might as well make it an interesting one and tap on Jesse Ventura's shoulder. Two vets, with a freedom and liberty oriented campaign, but Dr. Paul I think that you might have to leave the Neo-Con Rebloodican party, cause they wont let you get the nod this time either... as long as their special interests are involved they wont.

35. DIS GUY