Ron Paul 2012: Who should be Ron Paul’s running mate?

Ron Paul hasn’t announced a decision yet whether he is going to run for President in 2012. If he runs, who should he choose as his running mate?

This poll is now closed. It was open from Nov. 5 – Nov. 16, 2009 and attracted 9,425 voters who could select up to five options for Ron Paul’s running mate. The results are displayed below.

Check out the new Ron Paul 2012 Overview

If Ron Paul runs for President in 2012, who should be his running mate?

• Chuck Baldwin (29%, 2,715 Votes)
  • Andrew Napolitano (27%, 2,589 Votes)
  • Peter Schiff (21%, 1,984 Votes)
  • Jesse Ventura (15%, 1,369 Votes)
  • Rand Paul (12%, 1,135 Votes)
  • Lew Rockwell (12%, 1,133 Votes)
  • Sarah Palin (12%, 1,089 Votes)
  • Dennis Kucinich (9%, 819 Votes)
  • Michele Bachmann (8%, 785 Votes)
  • Pat Buchanan (7%, 690 Votes)
  • Glenn Beck (7%, 636 Votes)
  • Mike Huckabee (6%, 605 Votes)
  • Gary Johnson (5%, 471 Votes)
  • Jim DeMint (4%, 423 Votes)
  • Lou Dobbs (4%, 414 Votes)
  • Alex Jones (4%, 411 Votes)
  • Other (specify below) (4%, 410 Votes)
  • Mitt Romney (4%, 366 Votes)
  • Michael Badnarik (4%, 365 Votes)
  • Adam Kokesh (3%, 301 Votes)
  • Alan Grayson (3%, 265 Votes)
  • Wayne Allyn Root (2%, 198 Votes)
  • Michael Bloomberg (2%, 178 Votes)
  • Cynthia McKinney (2%, 167 Votes)
  • Mark Sanford (1%, 132 Votes)
  • Chuck Hagel (1%, 127 Votes)
  • John McCain (1%, 104 Votes)
  • Mel Watt (0%, 7 Votes)

Total Voters: 9,425

Check out the new Ron Paul 2012 Overview

1. McCain is nothing but a traitor. He whimped out against Mr B.O. I dom't care what they say his service record is, I bet he got warm meals in prison. He another J. Kerry.

2. I think a lot of the "personalities" should be dropped from this list.

Many people on this list have political philosophies totally at odds with Ron Paul.

I think Alan Keyes should be added to this list. He is a brilliant man who gets it.

• I will agree with you on Alan Keyes. In fact, if the people wanted a black president why didn't they vote his man into office. But I also like Chuck Baldwin. I also agree that many on this list should be dropped as they do not hold to the values that Ron Paul holds to.

• Fully agree with Alan Keyes. He would be a good asset and they have the same opinion on many topics.

3. No offense intended, but I think that a Chuck Baldwin/Ron Paul duo on the C.P. ticket would be the best way to go. As has been pointed out by various others, Ron Paul is a bit long in the tooth and he did support Chuck Baldwin in the last election. What I can't figure out is why some of the names are even on the list. Mike 'the Huckster' Huckabee, Mel Watt, John McCain, Michael Bloomberg, Mitt Romney, and others. These are just some of the worst ones that I'm really familiar with. Some of the names I've never even heard, but I'm out in the sticks and have no internet without going to the local library many miles away. Lots of the news never makes it here and what does is just the liberal media.

4. Who are the morons that picked Mike Huckabee? The guy is a disgusting zionist and will continue to pursue the same jew policies. Peter Schiff may be jewish, but he is a decent guy and his father puts his money where his mouth is. Unlike Huckabee, he has never suggested that we should move the Palestinians somewhere else.

• Johnny: Remember that the guy who just killed 12 soldiers at Ft. Hood's parents are Palestinians. What do you suggest happen to the Palestinians? Remember that they are basically the originators of terrorism in the modern world.

• Lindsey , that has to be the most uninformed statement I have read in a long time about the Palistinians ! the originators of terrorism just happens to be the great countries of Britain and the United States my dear. Do a little research on the subject ...check out Nicaragua, Honduras, elsalvador and the Iran Contra affair !!! We just attacked the country of Iraq for no ther reason other than we want their oil ( never any proof they had anything to do with 9-11). Lindsey start reading and researching more, for starters watch the video "the road to 9-11" very good history lesson !!! If you would like any more information on "our terrorism" acts I got a couple hundred lessons for ya.

• Do you not know that Peter Schiff's grandfather (or great gr.) was a zionist central bankster who helped fund the wars? I like Peter, but because of his connection to central bankers, I am suspicious.

5. Why is that scumbag Mel Watt on the list!?!

6. This guy is suing Steven Spielberg.

If it goes to trial, he will win.

erichunt.net is this site.

7. Ditto on the the Ron Paul/ Ted Nugent ticket. . .we are long overdue on rolling up the sleeves and cleaning up the mess! Business as usual now equates to taxation without representation. We are told one thing and then conveniently (for them) they do another at our expense. It is time to clean house of all incumbents who do not "listen" to their constituents.

8. RON PAUL / TED NUGENT
    WE HAVE TWO MEN HERE THAT HAVE A VISION ON TAKING US BACK TO "OUR" ROOTS.TAKING THIS LAND BACK TO WHAT MADE US A GREAT PEOPLES AND LAND, AND AT LEAST ONE OF THEM WITH THE BALLS TO BACK IT UP !!

9. None of the above.

I would favor someone who was an avowed "Libertarian"

NOTE THAT I DIDN'T SAY 'LIBERAL'

• I am sorry to say I do not want to have a bunch of libertarians running the show either. Do we wnat everything privatized ??? that is exactly what the bushwacker did. All the kings won everything. You can see how well privatization works when you look at the " Federal Reserve " , Dyncorp , triple canopy , insurance companies ...now let me expound on that .... How well do you think the public will fare when money is the bottom line for the public safety? I think all Libertarians want everything privatized including social security.

• At least libertarians have enough brains to not put up with the central bankers schemes...privatization is NOT the problem...it is when central banks, global corps, and corporate media get in bed with the govt. Libertarians are FOR getting rid of the FED and returning the country to its original constitutional intent. I think I'm more of a constitutionalist, because I don't agree with legalizing all drugs (I had a daughter with a real drug problem). Extreme liberty can only be handled by an incredibly moral people. We are far from that right now.

10. Perhaps I am a little old and slow but is Ron Paul planning to be'run on as The Constitution Party candidate...or the defunct Republican Party?
    It is past time to have a third party in power in Washington..way past time. The Constitution Party has the right objectives ad platform.

• Mr. Baer,
      I wish I knew if Mr Paul was running on the Republican ticket or not. I sincerely hope not as he has been shown by that party that they want nothing to do with him.
      As intelligent as he is I hope that he wakes up, smells the coffee and will align himself with the C.P. and really start making a difference for our country.
      I believe that his policies are right in line with what's best for our country and that anybody who loves this country will go to the C.P. website and familiarize themselves with their amazing platform.

If we continue voting for either of the two main parties we will continue to get more of the same mess that we have and will be responsible for the loss of the wonderful country that God entrusted to us. Wake up America and do what's right. I believe that Mr Baldwin would and Ron Paul would be a phenomenal ticket.

• Running under the Constitution party takes BALLS and I don't think Ron Paul has them, talk is cheap. He sold us out the last time,not again.Our future depends on a MAN and that MAN "MUST', RUN UNDER THE CONSTITUTION PARTY, CHUCK BALDWIN, CHUCK BALDWIN, CHUCK BALDWIN and Judge Roger Moore.

• Let's GO for it. Third Party----here we come.
      And That's Our Story And We're Stickin' To It.

• I meant to add----only a third party if Ron Paul is on it
        If not---I will be writing his name in. The corruption has
        got to go----one way or another.

11. What we need to put a Ron Paul ticket to the top is a proven business person. What is the possibility of Ford CEO Alan Mulally? What this man has done at Ford has been a miracle. He turned Ford and Boeing around with this excellent leadership and management skill. While the other auto companies are taking handouts and still failing this man found another way. I am certain great men such as Ron Paul/Alan Mulally can fix this country in short order.

• So you like La Raza Too? Two of the major supporters of La Raza happen to be the Ford Foundation and the Ford Motor Company. In case you have not noticed, La Raza wants to return SW US to Mexico! BTW, Juan McCain went to La Raza asking for their support, so did Obama! Sorry buddy, Alan is out of the running until he gets his own rudder straight, never mind the ship of state.

• Where did I say I like La Raza? As an American of spanish descent I am fully aware of their destructive agenda to turn this great nation into another 3rd world country basket case. That is the type of country my parents fled in order to give me a better life. My suggestion of Alan Mulally is my belief that we need a proven business leader who has a track record of turning around large organizations. Most politicians are career long politicians and lack this type of experience. The state of our economy needs an outsider of the beltway with the experience to bring back what has made us strong and prosperous. If you want to engage in a conversation when lets do so but putting words in my mouth with trash like la raza is not a good start.

12. I voted "other", because it occurred to me the other day that Andrew Bacevich would make an excellent running mate for Ron Paul. One of the main things people want from a vice-president is to know that he could step in and handle any major foreign policy emergencies seamlessly in the event that anything happened to the president. Bacevich is a trenchant and impeccably credentialed critic of American foreign policy, as well as an experienced former army officer. He also has experience as a public figure (making television appearances, etc.) and has reassuring, clean-cut good looks. In short, based on what I know of him, he's "on our side" in terms of foreign policy and I think the public would feel comfortable with a heartbeat away from the presidency.

13. Barbara:

Mike the Savage Weiner is an Israel Firster who, like Nicky Sarkosy over in France - swiped a few hot-button issues off the plate of the traditional, mostly White European conservative menu. He pretends to be on the side of the white majority, but he never mentions the origins of, OR the primary forces and special interest groups who were behind, the 1965 Immigration Act that was basically the beginning of the White European Genocide Campaign. At most, he might blame it on the despicable Ted Kennedy - and LBJ, who do deserve part of the blame - but the forces that were pushing their buttons were the true perpetrators. Kevin MacDonald's Culture of Critique will open your eyes as to who those behind the scenes perpetrators were, and what their long-term agenda was, when they worked from 1924 to 1965 to impose an immigration policy that was deliberately designed to reduce the White European majority to a minority in their own nation.

Do not trust Mike Savage. He wants White Americans to 'hate' and want to 'go to war with and kill' as many Arabs and Muslims as possible - because that benefits Israel. Understand? Arabs and Muslims are NOT our problem, as long as they are in the Middle East and not in our European dominant nations. Re-read Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer and revisit the story of how Tom tricked his buddies into white-washing the fence that Aunt Polly had assigned to him. Mike Savage is a Tom Sawyer.

Nick Sarkosy used the same slick maneuver by stealing a few of Le Pen's positions, pretending that he was going to carry through with the Le Pen platform plank on halting the Muslim and other third World alien invasions of France. Surprise! Once elected, once he had managed to pull the wool over the eyes of French who should have known better, about 2 years ago, Sarkosy makes big speech whereby he basically ordered the White citizens of France to miscegenate with the Muslim and Arab and North African populations that were flooding into France. White Genocide is the
    final solution for the White Race, as least as far as every single Neo-Con thinking political figure is concerned - and believe me, they are ALL virulently anti-White.

In fact, I suspect that it's a requirement for graduation from the Neo-Con School of Cultural Marxism.

Oh, and whoever this guy named 'Chuck' is? Buddy, you have got to be the most inattentive, poorly read, easily buffaloed, most heavily programmed by your TV (which, if you are white, is your enemy) individual in North America. We have huge parades and marches out in California consisting of illegal Mexicans carrying signs that tell whites to get their butts back to Europe and that they are 'taking over' and we are 'racists' for daring to resist our own dispossession in the lands of OUR ANCESTORS, and you're trying to pass along the idea that White Western Culture isn't threatened?

What are you smoking, pal?

• Hey Luke,
      Thanks again for the information. Will be reading everything you
      mentioned. It's sure a surprise about Tom Sawyer (I see where you are coming from. He sure seems to be on our side. He even seems to hate evil. Do you think there could be an exception? I am reminded
      of a Bible verse: "Behold I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; therefore be shrewd as serpents, and innocent as doves."
      Matt.10:16. Really what you are trying to say is they don't like us very much. Chuckles, only----it's not too funny is it?

14. I don't know much about his foreign policy views, but Jeff Flake is one of the most fiscally conservative members of Congress and relatively young. John Stossel would definitely be a good pick though.

15. I'd say how about someone like Tom McClintock. I'm sorry to say it, but i don't think Ron Paul is electable. He should be someone else's running mate. I hoped he would be McCain's, but McCain is too big of an egoist to include someone like Paul. Another factor going against Paul is his age. The oldest President elected to a first term was Reagan, 73. Paul was 73 this past election, but he will be 77 in 2012. He needs a much younger running mate. Alot of these names of that list are 120 degrees from where Paul stands on many issues, who came up with this crazy list?

16. Palin might be interesting in the primary, but would never make it beyond due to the liberal media demonization of her as a total bimbo. Her husband Todd would be a more practical consideration.

17. It just dawned upon me why the virtually unknown Chuck Baldwin is in 2nd place for VP on a Ron Paul ticket. It's because most voters, like myself, were fed into the poll via Chuck's newsletter. As I posted much earlier... Sarah or The Judge would gather the most votes on a Ron Paul ticket than any other name mentioned. As we all know it's not likely, but should they win Chuck Baldwin and the others could be named to top posts within the Paul Administration.

• Dr. Baldwin isn't "virtually unknown" (at least amongst the Ron Paul community). He was endorsed by Ron Paul in the 2008 presidential election, and he was also the 2004 Constitution Party VP nominee. I think most people who are active in the Ron Paul movement probably know who he is.

I don't think Dr. Paul would ever choose Palin, nor should he. A Paul-Napolitano ticket would have a good chance at winning if Dr. Paul got past the primary.

• Dr. Baldwin is well known in the Ron Paul movement. Ask the average American who he is and maybe 1 out of 10 thousand will know who he is. That is why someone like Sarah is almost essential to help Ron Paul.

18. Luke, you make some important points. But I would still trust Thomas Sowell. As the Law of Attraction points out, dwelling on some negative dynamics WILL prevent one from moving beyond them. Alan Keyes is the real issue of concern here. He has been and excellent communicator for the liberty message, but an even better one for the NeoCon message in stealth, mercenary mode. After all, there was a White House budget for that kind of journalism!

• Alan Keyes never even receives 25% of the black vote and Thomas Sowell & Walter Williams, even though excellent, are too long in the tooth (old). JC Watts is a young conservative black, but does he draw more votes than Sarah or The Judge to a Ron Paul ticket? That's the point... getting the votes to win... and still maintaining an Administration that will be fiscally conservative to the max and not only abide by the constitution but restore it's mandate by doing away with all the unconstitutional CRAP.

19. Jim Trafficant and Thomas Sowell should be on this list.

20. If I had any doubts about the clueless quotient for the average Ron Paul supporter, after reading these readers comments - I can clearly see that the majority of the Ron Paul fans are just as brainless and poorly informed as are the typical Democrat or Neo-Conned GOP voters.

Alan Keyes? Unbelievable. This guy is a neo-con RAT and he was a former roommate in college with William Kristol, who is an Israel-First, America-LAST traitorous worm and who is largely responsible for the evil and un-Constitutional, unprovoked and immoral attack on Iraq. Neo-Cons are dog meat, people. They are the scum of the Earth and if we are EVER going to take our country back - we are going to have do a whole lot more homework on these neo-con groomed STOOGES than most of the people have who posted comments on this website have done. Same can be said for Sarah Palin and most other names on the list of 'running mates'.

Ron Paul even has a Youtube speech still up, where he clearly and intelligently calls these Neo-Con snakes out and exposes the evil that they were up to with their Project for a New American Century and wars without end. Come on! Are you people that dumb and lazy that you STILL haven't wised up to this neo-con CANCER?

Point #2. What is this self-destructive obsession that so many people of European descent have that makes them crave to be ruled over by people of non-European ethnicity? This has to be the most suicidal, self-destructive, self-loathing, psychologically insane form of mental illness ever seen in world history.

Listen, folks - ethnic identity politics is here, and it is here to STAY. Understand that? Fact: The founding stock of this nation are European people. We, just like every other ethnic group, have every legitimate and moral right to be concerned about our specific ethnic interests. Our ethnic interests, for those us who are sane, does NOT include trusting a politician of another competing ethnic group to rule over us - because, as we have been shown by Obama - other ethnic groups have no delusions about this issue and will always work to advance the interests of their ethnic group, which always comes at the expense of the white majority, who constitute the majority of the middle class.

Does anyone who posted comments here really think that life in America will improve if Whites are transformed into a minority, and ruled over by a collection of various Third World non-white demographic groups - not one of whom has shown any respect for the U.S. Constitution or Bill of Rights, and in particular for the First and Second Amendments?

Being a minority, boys and girls, means that the group who outnumbers you can vote to increase your taxes to 100 percent if they wish and you can't rally the necessary numbers on election day to stop them. Being a minority, subjugated to the whims and desires of the new majority, means they can vote to take away ALL of your freedoms - precious freedoms like the First Amendment and the Second Amendment and many others that seem to be important to primarily the descendants of the Founding Stock and to not all that many others. Being a minority also means that the new majority, non-European ethnic group who would then rule over us will want to open up our borders even wider and import millions and millions of their fellow ethnic cousins from their original homelands, which further dilutes the dwindling political power and influence of the former White majority.

What is tough about this simple 8th grade math question, people?
    Did you all sleep through 8th grade math class, or are you all just suffering from a racial and cultural death wish?

Which is it?

• Luke, I agree with everything you say about the Neo-cons, but I will check into the fact that you insist Alan Keys is one. If he
      is, I would like to know it. Thanks for the alerting message. After
      all, we can only put so much time in seeking out the truth--some
      of us have to work for a living. Try not to be so arrogant----it's
      very immature and stupid. Therefore, I would be very careful about
      who I call brainless and uninformed. If one is seeking TRUTH, don't
      knock it.

• Barbara:

You must pardon my impatient tone, but we really are running very short on time to save what's left of White, Western Civilization. Non-European people are NOT going to preserve Western culture; they are going to transform this nation into a nation that reflects their people's culture and way of life.
        This is a guaranteed fact. Visit Los Angeles or Miami, or Detroit if you need further convincing.

The Founding Stock of this rapidly decomposing nation has had their heads buried in a hole in the ground, or stuck up some other unpleasant location that will go unnamed, for so long now that the subversive forces who have been waging this Frankfurt School Cultural Marxist war upon White Western civilization for well over 50 years, and they've gotten very little organized resistance.

This is nothing short of a soft form of Bolshevik Communism, Barbara. Pat Buchanan devoted a chapter in his best seller 'Death of the West' to this Cultural Marxism poison, and Professor Kevin MacDonald wrote about it at considerable length in his outstanding book titled 'Culture of Critique'.

Evidently, very few people who posted comments on this website have read either of those books, or if they have, they failed to properly absorb the material that was presented in them.

Also, I have yet to hear the words 'Cultural Marxism' come out of mouths of any our mainstream so-called Political Leaders - and this is a serious miscalculation. Americans of European descent absolutely MUST educate themselves on this evil and toxic ideology and understand that it, and whoever promotes it, is our mortal enemy.

So, please don't misinterpret my impatience as arrogance. Our people desperately need a sharp smack alongside their heads to wake them up, and sometimes a taste of sarcasm woven into much needed criticism can accomplish far more than sweet sounding words which drip with phony optimism.

We are in BIG TROUBLE. Time is short. And I have no desire to see another Rhodesia type of transformation into a Zimbabwe on the North American continent.

One last recomendation. Get a copy of the book titled "Judas Goats", by Michael Collins Piper. In it you will find one of the absolute best, most well researched, and carefully referenced compilations of the cast of treacherous political figures who've floated across the political landscape in America for the last several decades. The scoop on Alan Keyes is part of that excellent work. Also, subscribe to the Republic Broadcasting Network - where Michael Collins Piper does a nightly one-hour radio show that is worth its weight in gold.

Remember what Lenin said. The best way to control the opposition is to BE the opposition.

• Thanks, Luke for all your in-put. I did read Pat Buchanan's
          book "Where The Right Went Wrong" and I agreed with everything
          he said. I have always loved him, and one doesn't have to really have both eyes open to see where the media has taken him. I will be listening to Piper's radio show. I like Michael
          Savage very much also. He is great, don't you think? You appear
          to be very wise, I do believe you are very conscientious, and
          I will be getting the other books also. I ordered ten of Pat B.
          books and passed them out and I have the CD on that book too. He is one honest guy and tells it like it is.
          I know we do need to "Redeem The Time" Who would you like to
          be our next president? I just can't see anyone, but Ron Paul or someone just like him.

• I'm sorry Luke, but you're just plain wrong about Western Culture being endangered by immigration. There are numerous Christian denominations that serve various ethnic congregations, Koreans, Veitnamese, Hispanic. I live in an area in Orange County, Ca. that reflects this. I also go to college here and most of the science classes are dominated by Asians. I hope you will sincerely look into the matter and not just continue to espouse uninformed, racist xenophobia like the kind that Pat Buchanan espouses.

• Yo "Chuck," you need to give it up about Pat Buchanan "espousing, uninformed, racist xenophobia." What a bunch of malarkey that is!!!

• I count nine neo-cons on the list. How many do you count and who are they?