Ron Paul: They’ve Turned Their Attack Dogs Loose On Me!

Ron Paul sent out the following email alert earlier today:

From: Congressman Ron Paul
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 5:03 PM
Subject: They’ve Turned Their Attack Dogs Loose On Me!

January 11, 2010

Dear Friend of Liberty,

Believe it or not, it is election time again. The Texas Republican Primary is only seven short weeks away and already both parties have turned their attack dogs loose on me . . . doing everything they can to make sure I am defeated.

Never mind all the good I have been able to accomplish for freedom and the American taxpayer in Congress, the enemies of freedom and the elites in Washington want me gone.

Together, we have brought to Congress a voice for Liberty, limited government and a sensible foreign policy. I am deeply grateful for all of your support.

Just look at a few of the things we have accomplished!

We have drawn 317 cosponsors and passed through the House Financial Services Committee a bill to audit the Federal Reserve. We have led the fight against bailouts, Obamacare and Cap and Trade. And, thanks to the national attention our efforts have generated, we have broadened the debate on foreign policy and are challenging the status quo idea that America must be the World’s policeman.

It is my desire to return to Congress for another term and have filed for re-election. I am hopeful that I can win, but I urgently need your help.

Seven candidates have filed to run against me. These candidates include three Republicans in my own primary on March 2, and they will stop at nothing to tear down and destroy all we have worked for.

Please read some of the quotes my opponents have been throwing at me:

“(Ron Paul) wants to cut spending on our military industrial complex because he believes in a weaker foreign policy.”

“Ron Paul has become a complete nutcase conspiratorialist quasi-Anti-Semitic leftwing American-hating nutball.”

“Ron Paul is out of touch with this district and it is time for him to move on…Dr. No Must Go!”

These quotes come directly from my opponents’ campaign literature and websites. We cannot let these attacks stand.

I plan to fight back and will mount an aggressive campaign. Carol, my family and my staff are already working very hard, but I need your immediate support.

Please consider making a contribution of $50, $100, $500, $1,000 or even the maximum legal gift of $2,400 to my campaign. Your generous support will allow me to mobilize and ensure we are victorious.

Please logon NOW to my website www.RonPaulforCongress.com and donate as much as you can to help me overcome my opponents and win reelection.

There is a tremendous anti-incumbent, anti-Washington sentiment in America. Politicians across the country face a sea change as outraged Americans threaten to vote them out. While I think this development is a good thing, I am going to have to work hard to ensure I am not caught up in the same wave and swept out of office before our job is done.

If I thought that it would help America, I would gladly step aside and return home to Texas. But the people who want my seat will not work for Liberty. They will instead vote for big spending, eroding our Liberties and policing the world, while ignoring our crooked monetary system.

We stand at a crucial crossroads. Our effort to Audit the Fed and expose the crooked banksters stands tantalizingly close to passage. It is my sincere desire to stay in Congress and press this fight.

But, the road to re-election will be bumpy. My opponents are digging up any and all ammunition they can muster to fire at me.

As many of you know, I represent Galveston, which was hit hard by Hurricane Ike last fall. My office has worked hard to help our constituents, and I am proud of the work we have done.

After the Hurricane, Congress rushed to pass a “relief” bill. Unfortunately, the bill was anything but that. It was loaded with over $6 billion dollars in pork and special interest money that had nothing to do with helping people in need. And, any actual benefits for the people hurt by the natural disaster were run, or should I say hijacked, by the Federal Emergency management Agency (FEMA.) We all remember how well FEMA did helping out in New Orleans.

I knew that voting against this supposed “hurricane relief” would be one of the most difficult political votes I ever cast. But, my vote was never in question. I stood by our principles and stood up for Taxpayers in Texas and across our country and voted against this monstrosity.

You and I may know this vote is a strength, but my opponents see it as an opportunity to attack, and they have been vicious. Forget the billions in pork spending, or the unmanageable big government bureaucracy contained in the legislation. Since I voted against the bill, they scream I must not care about poor people.

They will continue to beat this drum, and if we do not fight back, they may be successful. Think then how few politicians will be willing to take principled votes against big government in the future if they see me defeated because of my stand.

For thirty years, I have run on the belief that Liberty and free markets are the source of American prosperity. I will continue to fight for these principles regardless of the attacks and personal smears. But, I need your help to return to Washington.

Again, I hope you will consider contributing to my re-election campaign. Together, we can restore our freedoms and protect the American Dream.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. Early voting in my primary begins on February 15th. Time is of the essence and I have already begun campaigning hard. Your timely support is truly needed. Please contribute to my campaign TODAY at www.RonPaulforCongress.com

1. Not only do we need you to win this race but we absolutely need you to run for the Presidential postion again! So much truth has come out and will continue to come out that I am sure this time you would win! Please run, we need you! Someone must stand up and help "We The People" take back our government!

2. That is horrible what you have to go through even with your own party! They're just jealous because you're right on track with many of these issues on spending, the dangers of too much government, and having to many budgets for the military! I am honored that you are speaking for the Freedom Loving American People! My admiration goes out to you as well! I'm sure The people in your district in South Texas would be proud to re-elect you into congress!

3. How hateful of them to attack this poor old man all he has done is good for this nation and nothing else. It shows their true character or the lack of it when they act in such ways like snooty children making hateful lies as though it were a petty game of being the elite bully. They are fearful of true change and progress when one comes forward with real solutions and answers when others are the problem to only shift the debate on to other matters like in this case. In the end they will do horrible things to shift attention of the people away as they have done in the past like countless other times through out American history by creating divisions or wars. In time people will wake up to the monster that is the parties and the government as a whole hopefully before it is to late but if not America will be nothing more than history like Rome before America will fallow and so will the world. Into the Second Dark Ages like the Titanic into the depths of the Atlantic the nation will sink into impossible debt. Poverty, shortages, tyrannical police will pillage as they please, the military will be in the streets from lands far from home, fear will be the only mood of the last days. People have a choice rise up for the right to live or cower into the night and die in the firestorm while big brother proclaims victory the greatest victory in all human history against an enemy that didn't even exist besides it's own people. For the nation of old will suffer under the beast with 10 horns for the people were soft and complacent but now are slaves to the debt of the nation, impossible to pay it will be for generations will be slaves till the beast is no more.

May their be life, Freedom, a future, and a nation blessed by a graceful God that will be whole once again.

4. Message to mr. Ron Paul

Of course they attack you mr Ron Paul. Of course they slander you as "anti-semite" because you want to destroy the Federal Reserve which is 100% Jewish owned!
    Take a look at the current chairman of the Fed. Ben Bernanke is Jewish. The previous chairman was also Jewish and so on.
    If you end the Fed, where will they get their money from?

So they won't allow this to happen and they started to call you "anti-semite". Next thing you will hear is "nazi". If they dared to call you an anti-semite they will call you a "nazi" next time.

I think you should expose these people mr Paul. You should say "these people are Zionist extremists and supremacists, just like some white people are white supremacists and like some black people are supremacists, that's how these jews are supremacists and extremists".

Don't worry about losing their votes! The Jews and the blacks won't vote for you anyway. The blacks go with Obama and the Jews go with Obama too. After all, the Jews from Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc. financed Obama.

5. Anyone who does wish to contribute, make sure you have a personal checking account and contribute that way. The enemy will therefore never screen your transactions.

6. This is why Lord Christopher Monckton wants to develop a third political party of freedom.The oligarchs have control of both the major parties.They do not serve the people.

The road to freedom will be long and difficult,since the people did not exhibit eternal vigilance.

7. I can't even contribute because of the FEDERAL FASCISTS!!

"Federal law prohibits contributions to the committee from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organizations or national banks (including corporate or other business entity credit cards), from any person contributing another's funds, from a Federal government contractor, or from a foreign national who lacks permanent resident status."

But so what. I can't give you a monetary contribution, Ron, but consider my heart and soul as contributions to your continued fight for liberty!