563 responses to “Poll: Ron Paul 2012”

1. Chad

I don't think he should run for President, because I don't think he could even win the nomination as a Republican. I do think that he should run for Governor of Texas and if he won after four years as Governor I think he would be in a better position to be a more serious player at the national level.

When was the last time we elected a Congressman to become President? The last six Presidents have been Governors. Vice Presidents, or Senators!

2. Rasputin_007

I hope Ron is not on the list of the banksters. Too many good politicians already did not survive campaigns against "Godman Sucks" and the other greedy evil financial institutions. But let´s hope the world can make a change to a better way of life.

3. Soonerxii

Ron Paul is one of about 5 total politicians I can stand. We need a guy (or gal) that can get this country back in the black. I don't think there is anyone better than Mr. Paul.

I trust this guy

4. Bob

Yeah so iam a Ron Paul supporter.......But I dont support his campaign for liberty. I just tried to donate some money and not one, not two, but three people were total dicks to me. In the future can the campaign people, especailly the grassroots people act more Ron Paul like instead of total dicks. I was super enthuastic and ecited cause I finally recieved money I wanted to donate, but after hearing 3 people be total dicks to me I feel like maybe this whole thing is a Mirage. Its probably not but I wasnt even being a dick to them. I was enthusiastic cause i wanted to donate money for their cause. Oh well, at least Iam supporting Ron Paul and not the people who run his campaign

5. Daniel

Ron was surprised by the huge response to the message of freedom in 2008 and i think he will be even more amazed by the response of he runs again in 2012. He understands the problems our nation is in, but more importantly he knows how to solve them. He realizes that economic policy and foreign policy are intricately connected, and how one directly affects the other.
    Supported him in 2008, and i will support him in 2012.
    Ron Paul 2012!

6. Alora

Ron Paul "sounds" like a man of wisdom and integrity in the screwed up world of political rederick. "IF" he can really do what he says and make these changes a reality, then I'm all for him. On the other hand, We have all been fed enough empty political (just to get elected) crap to last 3 more lifetimes. If ths Feds, be they liberals or conservatives don't come together as a whole (like they encourage us to do constantly), then America IS going to fail and be an even bigger joke to the rest of the world.

1. m.bauer

@Alora:

Unlike many if not all politicians, Ron Paul hasn't changed his tone based upon how popular his ideas are. Please look up the vast voting examples where he was the lone "No" vote. He also has pushed for auditing the Federal Reserve as far back as the 80's I believe- when the idea of it was highly unpopular.

7. Charles Russell

I have a lot of faith in the constitution, and in Ron Paul's interpretation of it. I have great admiration for the Austrian school of economics, and so does Ron Paul. I have completely lost faith in both the Dems and Reps; so has Ron Paul. I abhor our current aggressive, interventionist foreign policy, and so does Ron Paul.

I would welcome Ron Paul as the next president of the United States.

8. bob

If Ron Paul was nominated to run in 2012 it would probably be the smartest thing the Republican party has done in a very long time. I myself am fairly liberal, voted for Obama, and support most of his agenda. But I have an emormous amount of respect for Ron Paul. He tells things like they are, doesn't sugarcoat his words, fully understands economic policy, and in many ways represents the most pure form of what the Republican part is "supposed" to be all about. In recent decades the Republican party has become more of a conservative party that focuses more on socially conservative ideals that for the most part are totally unproductive and add no value to the American system.

In the end its all about money and its management. Ron Paul would perhaps do more to restore the Republican party than any other person and what's more, give people like me who even though tend to vote democratic would definitely put heavy consideration towards Ron Paul instead if he were given the chance to run.

Short answer- YES.

9. Jack Spates

Instead of Ron running in 2012 what if a younger version of Ron ran in 2012 maybe a guy named Rand Paul. he truely is a younger version of Ron. I say this because people are stupid and we always hear about the masses looking for some one young and vibrant Rand is both young and vibrant and well grounded in the constitution. in saying all of that of course I would support Ron Paul for President. I worked and fought like so many other people to get him elected to congree

10. Domonic

Of course he should run. At a minimum he is able to bring up the Constitutional & Financial issues that the rest of the Republican Party has been willing to ignore for decades.

11. Mark Treat

I would vote for Ron Paul in 2012. I think the grassroots movement can truly find a leader in Ron Paul.

-Mark Treat

12. Mimi F.

I know that Republicans never want to have anything to do with Democrats, but that's what you need to to win. A lot of Democrats like me are really Independents who were forced to pick. I only chose Democrat because if I'd picked Independent I wouldn't be able to vote in any primary. There are a lot of Democrat labeled/true Independents who were totally suckered by Obama, who voted for him and are feeling stabbed in the back like me. If Ron Paul ran a donation-style campaign like Obama did, he could have that power that comes through media visibility via money from individual donations just as Obama rose to fame. If Republicans will stay on issues that really matter like fiscal responsibility and the Constitution DL/TI's like me will vote Republican. If you bring in that sorry excuse for a woman Sarah Palin or dear old Huckabee with all his religious zealot abortion talk you will probably lose the next four years again. As much as I hate Obama for being such a backstabber, I will vote for another Democrat if it comes down to Sarah Palin or some Republican religious zealot. If Ron Paul stays away from Republican nutjobs I would vote for him in a heartbeat because no matter how many times the American voters get stabbed in the back they never stop hoping for a candidate who is truly for the people. Ron Paul is that next underdog ... that next dark horse.

1. deb

Mimi, you and I think and vote a lot alike. Sen Paul is one of the few with the will to clean up the oligarchy. He should pick Marcy Kaptur for VP-she is of the same mind and a bright female with lots of experience. If Sen Paul chooses a nutjob for a running mate like Sarah Palin, I retract my support. I voted for Paul in the R primary and Obama in the general election. From what I know of Sen Paul, he is not in favor of legislating morality so I would be surprised if his anti Roe v Wade stance meant he would endorse Palin/Huckabee. I always thought he proposed stuff like Christian invasiveness be left to the states and I'm okay with that. I can always move to a socially liberal state, but I prefer my descendants not have their moral beliefs, which may not be in line with far right Christianity, be taken away from them altogether by a country that was founded on higher principles than the vocal idiots of that far right movement. They haven't a clue what libertarian really means.

1. John

Hey, keep in mind it's "Congressman Paul", not "Senator Paul"! But yeah, I completely disagree with your recommendation of Marcy Kaptur. She is not like-minded in issues whatsoever. They would clash on almost every single issue. She is just another politician who throws money at problems - she proposes to actually give MORE money to the military, and she feels we should be negotiating talks in the Middle East and other "troubled" places.

Please do some research before speaking; that is the main theme of the Ron Paul campaign. Read, learn, and be empowered by your knowledge. There are very few people in this country that could be an "experienced" choice as Vice President for Dr. Paul. Most "experienced" politicians are just part of the problem. Congressman Kaptur falls under that category as well.

2. Scott Killian

Well said Mimi, I'm in the same situation as you.

13. Ocsike

That CPAC poll was FANTASTIC. I hope people don't vote for any person who belongs to the C.F.R. We need a person who first an AMERICAN than dem. or republican.
    What about Michele Bachmann for VP ? I don't like Romney, he is to ELIT. Forget
    Rand Paul. Sarah P. can run for a senate seat. I think only Ron Paul have the full support of the TEA PARTY movement. God Bless

14. jack

If RP would adopt Mathematically Perfected Economy (MPE) we would vote for the guy.

As this is the very set of principles — and the only set of principles which ensure the immutable value of money across its lifespan — a perpetual 1:1:1 relationship between remaining value, remaining *obligation*, and currency in circulation — what is an “Austrian economist” doing complaining about the preservation of value of money, that they can take unearned and unjustified profit?

Well… obviously, that’s the point of being an “Austrian economist” — and it’s just why they argue so ignorantly, and reject all accountable argument — because it comes back to their lack of principle. They are the problem.

There is no mystery to projecting the pattern of failure engendered by any purported economy subject to interest. Everything around you can be understood from the obvious consequences.

I´m not religous, but every major religion warns about the danger of usury, but the secular case against it is even more powerful. It is the most powerful centralizing centripetal force ever invented, and it steadily increases velocity to the point where life becomes nothing but a sprint in a hamster wheel to keep the debt system running.

There is really only one solution but it goes against the most powerful interests in the world, it even goes against my interests to a certain extend but i am willing to make my contribution for humankind in general. Are You?

Mathematically Perfected Economy (MPE)

15. Bryan from Michigan

I like Ron Paul alot but I really like Mike Huckabee and I would say the both should run together from the get go. Huckabee / Paul or Paul/ Huckabee doesnt really matter but I like the first

1. John

That's a rather silly idea. Ron Paul for President, not VP. He would never get anything done as VP. We need major REAL economic, foreign policy, health care, and domestic policy changes. It's not how much you "like" a candidate, it's how much you like their ideas and stances. Huckabee is just another establishment politician that wants to play upon the anger of American citizens against government, but doesn't actually want to change much at all. He has supported so many unconstitutional policies and has openly condemned CPAC for being "too libertarian".

I highly doubt we'll see a ticket with these two men on it, because even if you *like* Huckabee as a person, he's not much of a man in comparison to Ron Paul.

Ron Paul for President, 2012. He has my vote, 100%.

16. Bottomline

I think Ron Paul is a great choice for presidenf because he doesn't take sides from the left and the right! He is a true independent voice of America! Seeing how I live in Michigan I am no fan of Romney because he's an embaressment! I think also he should have a young running mate to spread the message of Freedom and Liberty from big government and big business.

17. Morpheus Titania

The First Ron Paul Billboards were put up in Cottonwood, Arizona by the Phoenix Crew: Morpheus, 4409 and Tesla. Check out the of the 28 x 8 foot billboards and video here http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Article/063778-2010-01-13-the-phoenix-crew-puts-up-28-x-8-foot-ron.htm

Now get out there and Rock and Roll the Bones.

18. Gabriel

The fact of the matter is.. Congressman Ron Paul's vision for America is the vision our founding fathers had in mind. I'm sure they would all be ashamed to see just what kind of down turn the American empire have taken.

19. forest

So, now that ron paul has called for 'angry mobs' since 1981, and he now finally has the anger he wants - texans killing texans... W0W.

Conspiracy, louie? Lolololol.

1. longshotlouie

Still having trouble focusing?
      That crack pipe isn't helping you much.

20. Lindsey

Seamus: We'll see what happens I guess. I don't think Mitt Romney has a very passionate following and thus an endorsement from him won't do much. I do think that Ron's son Rand will help him a lot with publicity if he gets elected. Senators get a lot more press than House members. I don't necessarily think that Sarah Palin will run for president like a lot of people but I think she has so much sway that her endorsement can be a "kingmaker" for the Republican nomination.

21. Seamus Bradley

I don;t know Lindsey, Sarah Palin and Ron Paul are polar opposites personality wise. Plus Sarah does not have the like-ablity that many people thinks that she has. She is brash and a little crude. I mean i like her but i know a lot f people who don't. Many people that hear Ron's arguments for smaller constitutional government a swayed by those alone. If Ron doesn't need to look for a running mate now. What he needs is an endorsement by people like Mitt Romney and Scott Brown. He already has been spoken highly by Glenn Beck and Judge Napolitano. Ron Pul needs to grab the center, the right will follow because if he gets the nomination they will have to... Hell we all had to vote for McCain for god's sake!!!! Sarah left a bad taste in the mouthes of many independents and many "Blue Dog Democrats" dislike her for trying to play on the whole "getting a woman in the white house" ploy that the McCain campaign tried. I don't think a nod from her is what Ron needs, instead let Sarah be the lightning rod and let Ron spend the next 3 years working on a gearing up a campaign and raising money and getting out the message. He is getting quite a bit of face time without becoming a massive lightning rod for the far left. That allows him to position himself as an "outsider" and a "maverick" and that is how McCain got the nod from the RNC and that is how Ron will too... only with better politics and judgment on his side.

22. Lindsey

Ron Paul needs more media coverage. Many people on this post don't like Sarah Palin but she IS the media lightning rod. Ron should take the endorsement of Rand Paul by Sarah Palin as a cue that she wants to possibly join with Ron on a presidential run. If Ron got an endorsement from Sarah Palin like Rand got it would go a long way in getting his message out!

23. Rob

Ron is too Republican for me and so is Sarah Palin, their religious views influences too much of their politics!

1. Lindsey

Rob: Why do people with religion scare you?

2. Frank M.

What are you talking about? If you said Huckabee I'd be inclined to agree but Ron Paul's politics & his vote are influenced by the Constitution. Example: He doesn't think that it's the Federal government business if gays or lesbians get married. He believes it's a state issue.

3. longshotlouie

The Magna Carta and the US Constitution were influenced by religion, as well.
      Are they too scary for you?

24. Trent

I would like to see father and son run together. Together they would be uncorruptable and unstoppable. We would finally get someone in there who stands for the human bottom line and not the corporations bottom line, and as much as I used to like Sarah when she was governor, she has sold out and has been compromised in playing the corporate game. Even the best of them sellout, its how the system has been set up by those who are really in control of our legislation.

25. Frank M.

In a perfect world, Dr. Paul's running mate should be Peter Schiff or Judge Andrew Napolitano or his son Rand. It still unnerves me that people think that Sarah Palin is even qualified for the Presidency. Her convictions & principles shouldn't be written on her hand, they should be ingrained in her core. Something that Ron Paul has had before Sarah Palin was even a glint in her father's eye.

26. Michael L. Carpenter

If he picks a running mate like Sara Palin he would be a shoe in. Then I would vote for him.

27. Dee

I would love to see someone with Integrity and wisdom run. I only ask if Ron does run that he starts his campaign ASAP...to get his support strong so the media has to allow him in on the debates. He had no chance w/ the media shut-outs which cost him and his campaign dearly. He's the only politician I've seen who 'sees' the whole picture and isn't looking for a Celebrity status...Ron cares about the integrity of this Country and can see where we're heading if things don't change (for real) and not in the wasteful spending direction and moral decline we are now facing. PS...Ron how about giving incentives for companies to stay 'IN AMERICA'....so we can be viable and see potential of being debt free.

28. Mike G

Please run Dr. Ron Paul so you can continue to bring to light the short sightedness and opaque politics on both sides of the political spectrum. Ron Paul 2012!

29. Zach

Rand just doesn't have that spark. Maybe something he'll gain with age. But for right now I think Ron should run, and if nothing else make people on a national level more aware of him and what he's all about.

Age is only going to be made into an issue by the media and those opposing him.

30. Ross Johnson

I would dearly love to see Ron Paul being the next president, however on this site we are preaching to the converted and the masses I think, will not vote for a person approaching 80.Perhaps I'm wrong since Ronald Reagan became President at a similar age.

Ron Paul should run with a younger candidate of credibility ,intellect,and integrity similar to himself.This will give the public the security of a backstop if Ron does have health problems and thus will make him more electable.

The American people want surity,continuity and integrity.Ron can give them all these things with a younger ,credible co-runner.

31. Loe

As long as he runs with the same positions as the previous election then sure. I'm a little leery of this "Tea Party" movement. It seems that there are GOP members and ideals that are starting to permeate the movement and redirect it's goals. I hope I'm wrong on that.

32. Kale Ray

I've researched canidites countless of times.. if there is any Republican I support.. it's Congressman Ron Paul. His anti-war efforts, responsible use of marijuana, and government powered by the people theories are simply ingenius. If anyone is going to bring change to this debt-stricken country.. it's him.

PRESIDENT PAUL 2012!

33. Grant

I live in Ky and as much as I like Rand Paul, I still like Ron Paul better

34. Frank Spaeth

Yes...Ron Paul needs to run again and keep the message of liberty on target as much as possible.

It is almost a certain thing, that Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney will be competing for the Republican nomination for president....and having Ron Paul present for the primary debates will add some balance to the usual Neo-Conservative ramblings we hear from today's Republican party.

35. Grok

Ron rules, but lets get Rand in there.

1 2 3 14