563 responses to “Poll: Ron Paul 2012”

1. Lon Zieger

Ron Paul, you have my vote in 2012! Let’s dump the new world order on it’s ear!

2. DS

Ron Paul is a Constitutionalist—-but he is unelectable. It’s much easier to reform the Republicans and keep the Blue Dog Democrats in check that it is to start a third party movement.

Does anyone remember 1992? Ross Perot had a lot of good ideas—-but his candidacy split the Republican vote and we ended up with Bill Clinton. The same thing will happen in 2012—-only we will end up with a president that is many times worse than Clinton. We will end up with another Obama term.

You need to make a decision. Are you going to insist on ideological purity, no matter the outcome, or are you going to realize that politics in this country is a process, not an event. If we set realistic goals—-and we are doing that with the Tea Party movement—-we can stop this descent into madness. The next step, then, is to expand the movement by scaring the living hell out every politician in red or red-leaning districts.

It would be an extremely reasonable approach to simply concentrate on packing Congress with conservatives. The more conservatives in Congress, the less power ANY president would have, regardless of party affiliation. In fact, we could have the best of all worlds if a conservative Congress. We would simply end up with a “gridlocked” government. Gridlock is a beautiful thing—-and you don’t even have to have a conservative president to make that happen. If you happen to get a conservative president, so much the better.

1. longshotlouie

DS, supposedly Obama was unelectable in the beginning.

Ron Paul is only unelectable to neo-cons and neo-liberals that want to perpetuate the warfare/welfare state.
      Yes, the road traveled may look different under so-called ‘conservatives’ than under Obama, but both roads lead to hell (figuratively). The ploy of trying to scare folks into voting for another neo-con because we will end up with Obama again just won’t wash this time around. The Obama win may, in fact, turn out to be a saving grace that awoke a sleeping giant.

There is Ron Paul, then there are the rest. Pick a side.

1. Lindsey

Loiue: I saw Ron Paul get some great publicity tonight on CNN. His interview with Jack Cafferty was great! Maybe he is finally getting some of the mainstream press that he sorely needs!

1. DS

Lindsey:

“Maybe he is finally getting some of the mainstream press that he sorely needs!”

Do you understand who the media really is? They are progressives, to the core.

Lame Stream Media will give you a head fake like that from time to time. But don’t think for a minute that if he runs, they won’t take out the long knives. The members of the prese understand that Ron Paul will split the Republican vote and result in the re-election of the idiot that’s in the White House. That’s exactly why they will feed you morsels like that from time to time.

1. Lindsey

DS: Is there a vast ” press wing” conspiracy against Ron Paul? I, for one, am not into conspiracies, especially when it comes to CNN. I feel that they employ the most professional and un-biased journalists on TV. Can you name one CNN journalist that compares with Rachel Maddow, Glen Beck, Bill O’Reilly, or any of the other opinionated “journalists” on FOX and MSNBC? I challenge you!

2. fred

Reply to : DS quote “Ron Paul is a Constitutionalist—-but he is unelectable. It’s much easier to reform the Republicans and keep the Blue Dog Democrats in check that it is to start a third party movement”

It is exactly your type of attitude that has gotten us where we are today!! If you want easy just continue doing what you are doing!

RARELY are worthwhile or lasting changes EASY!

Fred

3. CALVIN

Plain and simple, Ron Paul has enough momentum to fire up a campaign, he has so many supporters that still have the burning embers inside from the 08 campaign, we CAN’T WAIT to get back into campaign mode but I ask one thing of Ron Paul, his campaign organizers and grassroots volunteers. Please stay organized and keep communication strong right from the beginning. We are not just against other candidates but we are fighting against the entire mainstream media, they won’t be happy with us but we have to show them that we don’t need them and that itself will make headlines. Let’s get RP on all ballots and and winning primaries, we need people in every district of every city of every state to work hard and start running for positions to vote him into primary victories. GO RP, we have your back!

4. Lane Trent

Fellow Americans,
    Ron Paul is the very essence of hope for our future and the future of our children.
    While most of our fellow Americans are unknowing and bicker about the Democrats or Republicans our country is held captive. Let us all energize each other and provide the vigorous support Ron Paul will need to be a victor in 2012. My sincere heartfelt thanks to each of you for being aware and active in getting our country back. Go Ron Paul !

5. Wes

If he does run I’m voting for him.

If he doesn’t run, but still cares deeply about promulgating his ideas, which I’m sure he will, then the best thing he could do is put his name behind whoever is best fit and most eager to take up the torch. It’s true that the revolution is of ideas, not of men, but so many of us, young people, as he noticed, entered this massive debacle called the 2008 Election with no apparent voice of these ideas except Ron Paul.

The 2008 election was a strange phenominon. Many people I met had hear of and liked Ron Paul, some even thought he was the superior candidate, but when I asked who they voted for it’s “Obama Obama Obama.” Some even congradulated me on shooting for the stars. Most said something like this: “Ron Paul didn’t have a chance so I just used my vote to make sure that McCain didn’t win.” This mentality that people have: that they must use their vote to pick the lesser of the two evils that the media has shoved into their faces IS the reason that fringe candidates stay fringe candidates; but, mistaking the power-grabing of lobbyists for actual power, people actually believe that the election is predetermined. Even as much as we need to argue about politics with our contemporaries, we need to smack this narcissistic belief out of people’s heads.

Ron Paul’s name is now Miracle Grow. Anyone he supports will have a political growth sput, especially around election time.

We LOVE you Ron. Keep grilling Ben Bernanke on uncomfortable subjects, he can’t take it at all.

6. Andre

Go Ron Go

7. Richard Jones

Yes sir i believe you should run for 2012 , i would like to see and here you in the public more and bring more goverment plans to light that are not spoken of also i beleive it would be a great asset to you to speak with and hopefully align yourself with a few men like Orrin Woodward of TEAM , Paul Zane Pilzer and a Bob McEwen. i beleive if you spoke with them and found that there were goals and beilefs that are the same there would be no stopping the freight train of truth that would wake america up, bring us together as one nation under GOD once again.

8. Jason Vlietstra

I support Ron Paul, but his age will be a factor. Maybe he should throw his support behind someone, and run as a VP or economic advisor under this person. If he does run he still has me vote.

With Obama his plan to change america wasn’t planned. With Paul we know the plan ahead, and this would be the change we need in America.

9. Darrel Clemmons

I don’t know if Mister (or should I say Doctor?) Ron Paul is reading this or not, but he’s about the most honest, forward thinking, constitutional-upholding, justice thinking, logical, relevant political figures of the past two centuries. He exposes the truth of the government and wants for things to be transparent. Out of all of the political figures I’d have to say, its a damned shame that they hold back a figure like him who actually supports what the constitution actually stands for. He’s against corruption, evil politics, nwo schemes, and the whole nine yards. I hope with all my heart that he campains again. Maybe he’ll bring some real change to Washington. He seems like he’s the type who would actually LISTEN to people.

10. Brandon

Your website may be reducing the number of people who want you to run for president. My wife and I both tried to vote but because we share and IP on the Internet you only got one of our votes instead of two.

11. Jim

Ron Paul You are correct for reasons for terroism. Did anyone listen to the reason why the suspect wanted to destroy the New York subway? He stated because of our occupancy over in arab nations was the cause for this. Does anyone else in government listen??

12. taylor

You know I love Ron Paul, but hes almost pushing 75 and in 2 years when it comes time to run he’ll be 77, hes still sharp as a nail right now but old age creeps up on all of us one day…

13. John

There are still good honest Americans, who understand the ongoing corruption and really care for what America stands for. Ron Paul should run for President.

14. D. Jarvis

Ron Paul is this country’s only hope. PLEASE RUN 2012!!!

15. Mary Beth Loy

PLEASE ALLOW DR. PAUL TO READ THIS PERSONALLY? Dr. Paul, I surely hope that you read this. My eyes and mind have only awakened to the political, economic and patriotic human reality in the USA in the past 2 years, shamedly. I am just recently 41 years of age. My eyes are very wide open, as well as my heart, now. I’ve learned so much in the past 2 years. Vast, vast amounts of information. Information that scares me for my child’s future, invigorates my patriotism like never before – not even serving the Navy for 8 years from Apr 1987-Apr 1995. And, believe me, I thought I was patriotic. Well, that is nothing in comparison. Because now, I now the truths of the world and this country. The veil has been lifted. And, I must say that in the past 2 years, I have seen that the most patriotic politician and patriot is that person named Ron Paul. I was sad to see you did not win the 2008 Presidential campaign. And, through every cell of my body, down deep in my bones, I believe that your are entitled and deserve to win the next election. Not only deserve, but I feel that it is your DIVINE RIGHT and DESTINY to be the president of the Republic of the United States of America. I weep watching videos of your debates because I long to have a President that believes in defense and restoration of our Constitution. Our Constitution is a document that is revered around the world. This country truly is thought of as the last-greatest-hope for mankind. I’ve personally received messages from other countries stating this! And, when I received these messages, I dug even deeper into the truths of our nation. I believe in and would defend the constitution, if need be. I always have felt this way. However, I feel our nation is in GREAT PERIL and is heading in the wrong direction. As I am sure you are, I know you agree. I feel like a child still because I have so much to learn and have been “cramming for a test” so to speak. Honestly, I see no other person more deserving, entitled, honorable and patriotic than you to serve as our HONORABLE President of the Republic. And, that you are, Dr. Paul. You are an Honorable Man that has fought with great honor. Like a man on the battlefield of morality, patriotism, conservatism and democracy. I will hope and I will pray from this night forward, and every night, until the next election. I pray that you decide to run because we need you and, I believe that you need us. It so feels like your destiny to be the Leader of the Republic. Thank you for your time and God Bless you sir, Petty Officer Second Class Mary Beth Loy, U.S. Navy 1987-1995, and raising a child of the Republic with dreams for him and his future.

16. Jules Manson

I hope Ron Paul runs as a Libertarian again so that he could use Sarah Palin (possible Republican candidate) as a mop while he mops the floor with her. She’s a brain stem. What was John McCain thinking?

17. Terence G Rea

why wouldnt any concearned American, vote for Ron Paul?

18. Pete Jackson

Run, Ron Paul, RUN!

We need you.

19. Ben Gregory

If our country is to remain our country and keep it’s Sovereignty as our Forefathers, Great Grandparents, Grandparents, and Parents intended, as they fought and died for this Great Country, It is imperative that each and every citizen ro vote out all encumbents. It is time for citizens who are concerned about this country and not their bank accounts to run this country again. We need to get rid of each and every Dem, Rep, and Ind. who is currently in politics for their own prosperity. We owe the citizens that died fighting for our rights. We can do this if we all ban together as a nation. I know that this is what we all want, as the last election showed it by the overwlming voyes that were cast for change in Obama’s election. The only problem is, we were all decieved by the current administration with the type of change they really had in mind. Any citizen that wants our country to give up our sovereignty to be a part of the global community is in my opinion a traitor to our country and should be stripped of any ill gotten gains that they made on the backs of the working class and then be deported. America is one of the last bastions of true Democracy in this world. Once we lose our freedom the world is doomed.
    So my answer is Yes, Run for the presidency Mr. Paul, I personnaly wrote you in on the last election as I saw a wolf in sheeps clothing with Obama. You may not always say what I want to hear but you do tend to say what needs to be said.

20. mike garza

He NEEDS to run. if there will be any TRUE CHANGE

21. Susan Harkins

NEWS ALERT: SECOND AMENDMENT NOW BEING NULLIFIED. Prominent Politician now engaged in circumventing U.S. Constitution (Bill of Rights) by establishing a binding treaty between U.S. and other countries. Since ratified treaties supersede individual rights, protected in the Constitution, the ‘Treaty Route’ is being employed to nullify the Second Amendment. Details developing —

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton just announced the Obama Administration would be working hand in glove with the UN to pass a new “Small Arms Treaty.” Disguised as legislation to help in the fight against “terrorism,” “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates,” the UN Small Arms Treaty is a massive, GLOBAL gun control plan. Ultimately, the UN’s Small Arms Treaty is designed to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens.

22. Bottomline

Wow the revolution is spreading like wildfire! Way to go Dr. Paul! Don’t shy away for running for prez in 2012!

23. Susan Harkins

I sent my MS state contributions to Rand Paul in Kentucky (like many others did). We need Libertarian officials in every part of government. I would donate HEAVILY to the Ron Paul Campaign for President in 2012, and I know many in Mississippi who would also cast their vote for him!

24. Aaron Chauncey

Ron, you must run ! We need you to bring honesty, integrity and common sense back to our government. This would include ending pointless conflicts, ending the Fed, reducing governments role in our lives!

25. DS

Ron Paul is an honorable man—-but the only thing his candidacy will do is split the Republican vote. That means we will end up with another Obungster term. It’s much easier to try to reform the major party candidates than to elect a third party candidate. The last time anyone serious ran as a third party candidate, we ended up with Bill Clinton. You really want to end up with another term for the Moderator-In-Chief running the show? That’s exactly what will almost certainly happen. Go ahead and be righteous in your indignation—-and know that you are asking for the screwing you will surely get.

1. Jonathan

Personally i would rather take the “screwing” than give my vote to someone who would compromise the U.S. Constitution. RON PAUL 2012!!

2. longshotlouie

The screwing has been going on.
      Do you just want to change positions?

Will you talk nice to me, like Obama?

1. Jonathan

Getting screwed by the wrong guy A or the wrong guy B makes little difference to me. My point is please stop voting for the lesser of two evils and vote for the guy who best defends the backbone of our republic… the United States Constitution. RON PAUL 2012 !!

1. longshotlouie

My reply was for DS

26. Melissa Rodgers

If you had made it as a candidate in 2010, I would have voted for you. Be a candidate in 2012, you’ll have my vote.
    Signed, a fellow physician.

1. Me

Huh?

2010 is NOT a presidential election year.

27. william branson

ron is the only one that respects the constitution and knows that we are a republic ! but i also know that the two partys fear him and will stop at nothing to see he is never elected because they consider the american people sheeple and want to govern us not represent us ! whats a shame is im afraid they will not get it until its to late like whats happening right now the sheeple bought into the so called ” change ” which is busniness as usual—nothing has changed its just got worse !
    ron is a decent gentleman & i would vote for him because he respects us !

28. Tony T. Trent

Mr. Paul, if you are elected Pres. will you really “end the Fed”? I think that would have a great (positive) impact on the U.S. It also could put you in grave danger i.e. remember JFK? respectfully yours, Tony Trent

29. RICHARD JOHNSTON

Although I fear the loss of my Social Security income and the ultimate cost of “Isolationism”, there are no other real choices available. Either we elect a President that will return us to an economic stability or we will continue down the road to economic castrophy.

30. Freedom Fighter

We need a president that will uphold the Constitution, and Ron Paul Is Our Man For That Job!

31. Tricia

This man came out and said on live TV that big government bragged about having the means to “ASSASINATE” US citizens whom don’t conform to there way of thinking. That takes balls of steel. That won my vote. He is the only true Amercian this country has left. He won’t preach and not proform (Obama). He truly will practice what he preaches. He is also against NWO, the only reason Obama (Buiderberg Lover) hasn’t joined the US in the NWO is because he knows there are more of We the People then there are We the New World Order.RON PAUL 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. Hector Ortiz

This is a man that speaks the truth which is why both parties want to silence him. He has my vote always

33. Kevin Heaney

I am voting for Ron Paul. He is the only honest politian we have left in this country. The two parties have totally led us into the mess we are in today and it is getting worse.
    I hope you run for president Mr. Paul.

34. steve

I understand that our poltical system is less than perfect. I was talking to a freind in British Columbia today about their political system. He said that contributions to politicains were capped at $1000.00 no matter who contibutes.
    He also said that lobbyists had to apply ahead of time to lobby a official and also had to spell out in writing what would be discussed in the meeting. This meeting had to approved ahead of time by an independent group. Now our constitution says any us citizen has the right and should get the time to discuss issues with our representatives. I can say myself I have always ended up talking to a aid instead of my representive in fact the first time I ever got to speak directly to my rep was during the august break in my local town. So my friend said if the law in Canada is broken in any way with lobbyists they can go to Jail. Even the politician can go to Jail and no one not even the President-Prime Minister can pardon him. I guess the point I am making is that our Politicians are owned by big business and thier lobbyist. Most of them. Maybe our system promotes this bahavior? My friend said even 2 Prime Ministers have been investigated on breaking the laws concerning this guideline. The Character of our elected officials has demished greatly in these days. They do whatever any group wants depending on the donations. Such is Tort Reform to help lower health costs in this country. Health reform without Tort Reform is futile. We cannot even get a good bill done because of the lobbyist and monies given. I would say we have to rebuild the system form the bottom up. So my question to Mr Paul would be are you the man to generate Good Change? Fix the broken system we have? If you are I would vote for you. America needs a reformist as a President and a great leader with high Character. Obama could have been that guy. But every test that confronted him he leaned far to left and failed to measure up to the opportunity. His Promises were all forgotten about once in the office. What a shame.

35. db39

Important Issue Vote if You agree.

Ongoing Newsvine poll:

“Should We Audit The Federal Reserve? Paul vs. Bernanke: Shining A Light In The Darkness”