563 responses to “Poll: Ron Paul 2012”

1. Tom in Wisco

T party should use Vote web site to see which conservatives actually have support of conservatives. We can't allow Rhino's or third parties to divide the vote.

2. Tory

I would definitely vote for Ron Paul, regardless of the party he was in, because it is his ideals I care for, not the name society puts on them. Also it won't matter if he runs for third party or not, I'd vote, and that is because other "republican" candidates are not REAL republicans, just like the democrats are not REAL democrats. Conservative refers to the size of government, and liberal refers to the freedoms of the citizens, unfortunately people have forgotten this. Ron Paul is, therefore, and TRUE republican AND democrat, or a Libertarian, because he believes in small government, and absolute freedom.

I would not vote just to vote AGAINST someone else again, for instance voting for McCain to vote against Obama, because McCain's presidency would have ended up not so different, they both would have sent more troops to Afganistan, they both would have expanded the size of government, one way or another, both would have expanded the American Empire, and we would be screwed with either one, and it isn't going to be any different in any other election.

Don't vote based on party, because CONSERVATISM and LIBERALISM are just words, words that aren't even used correctly in modern society. A fake republican will be just as effective as a fake democrat, so vote for truth, vote for Ron Paul...

3. Leonard

I'm voting for Ron Paul, whether he runs in 2012 or not. I can't play the lesser of the given two evils anymore. I just can't in good conscience vote for anyone else. Even if I knew he wasn't in the race, it's the only vote I could make. There's no one else I've seen that even holds a candle to his character, and he's the only statesman in a sea of politicians out in Washington. To me voting for anyone else would be giving in, and sacrificing my beliefs on the proper role of government. Anyone else would be sacrificing liberty.

Even if Ron Paul is not on the ballot in 2012, I'm writing him in. If there's no place on the form to write in a candidate, I'll take up the whole form and write his name in the biggest letters that I can fit on the page.

It's the only vote I can cast in good conscience. I will not compromise any longer.

And if Ron Paul does run, and the parties try to shut him out again, they'll hear from me and everyone else I know.

I've had enough of the games. I've had enough of the lies. I've had enough being talked down to like I'm a child voting for a new daddy.

No More.

It's time we repaired our broken moral compass in this country, and found a path back to personal liberty and limited government. Truly limited government that's bound by the constitution and enforced by an educated populace.

It's time the government learned to fear the people again!

Ron Paul in 2012!

FOR LIBERTY!

4. Gary L. Hubler

I would like to see Dr. Paul run for president, but as I've mentioned previously, it depends.

Can you raise money equal to or better than the competition? If not, don't bother.

Can you find a campaign director with the savy and capabilities that President Obama's director brought to the table for him? If not--don't bother.

Can you build a state level organizations that can carry the message, every day, to the local level (Obama killed the competition in this regard last election)? If not--don't bother.

Can you appeal to moderates? If not, don't bother.

Can you build a story that appeals to the people and is easy for them to grasp, and can you prevent the competition from positioning you as an extremist that is not to be taken seriously? If not--well, you get the idea.

There is no doubt that your ideas and political approach are what this country needs, but these are real, practical problems that must be seriously addressed and solved in order for the campaign to be anything more than a footnote in the history books.

I wish you all the best and will do what I can to support you.

5. Robert Russell

WE HOPE THAT RON CAN BUILD A STRONG MOMENTUM SO THAT HE CAN BE SOUGHT BY THE REPUBLICANS TO RUN. IF HE IS THE LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE, HIS CHANCES MAY BE LESS LIKELY.

6. Bradley Gray

The House and Senate is where we need people like Ron Paul. I think running for President with a candidate like Paul, is a waste of time and resources.

Just think of the accomplishments with a dozen patriots like Paul, in the House, and only half that many in the Senate.

7. Beth Wilson

I voted a resounding YES. His age has nothing to do with his being able to execute his duties were he to be elected. What would hamper his being elected is if he were to run as a Repub. whose members do not seem to care for him and threw him under the bus last time, or for him to be connected with the Birthers, or the Tea Party or any other small group, and yes, I did say small, group who doesn't have the backing like the Independents have, who could actually rally round him and do him some good. Dr. Paul's age is not the issue. He is incredibly intelligent and many times, speaks of issues regarding the Federal Reserve, etc. and it just goes over the heads of the "talking head" interviewers who he might be speaking to. I have seen it happen time and time again. This fact coupled with his fiscal conservativeness, and endeavor to stay close to the Constitution, and our "REPUBLIC" oftentimes seems like a detriment, and it is not. I would vote for Dr. Paul in a minute. Bethany Wilson

8. tom

Ron Paul should only run if he can win-when the time comes, he'll know based on available data whether he can.

9. Mark Robertson

Only if he runs on the Republican ticket and not on a third party. If he does, I would support him all the way. I do not support the idea of a third party as it will surely defeat any chance of getting a conservative elected.

10. Neil Goeckerman

I will not vote for a third party candidate. Ron Paul needs to get the Republican nomination. His running mate should be either Michele Bachmann or Mitt Romney in that order

11. Isaac

I would be more than happy to have the opportunity to vote for Ron Paul again and, again if necessary. The reasons are self-evident to anyone who steps back from popular culture and views the situation with a clear and open mind. Unfortunately, most of the citizens in this country refuse to think and instead get caught up in the stagnate red and blue dribble drabble.

12. Linda San Filippo

I have already voted yes. My only concern is for his safety, since the idiots in control have no scruples.

13. Bell of NC

God in our Government? Wait... didn't our founders recognize the dangers of this... Almost as scary as forgetting what USSR stood for.

We need Individual Rights. God is not what is missing- God was there during the Dark Ages, Individual Rights was not. You have a right to believe in or not believe in anything you wish, but you must realize that our fight is for Individual Rights. That was the aim of our Founding Fathers, and by how they spoke on the issue, the issue of where the rights came from was irrelevant- God given or by the reason of our nature as rational beings- Individual Rights is in fact inalienable.

Sorry if I sound beligerant, but we so easily fall back into our comfortable groups- but this is a change we must do for ourselves. We can hope and pray until we die, but if we want to fix this, we have to act. And we must act in this world.

This country was founded as the first society that recognized and protected Individual Rights- that is what makes us unique, and what made us great. Every country before this was founded to enslave the individuals to the state, to a god/gods, or to "the Public." The United States is the only country ever founded with that reversed, where the State is in fact the servant of the individuals- tasked with protecting their rights.

To successfully identify anything, you have to figure out what makes it unique- this is very important if you want to fight for what the United States stood for.

1. Chris

Just so ya know, The separation of Church and state was not to protect the state from the church but to protect the Church from the state.
      Look it up and yes our founders were in fact Christian.
      It is not about whether you believe or disbelive but whether you're deceived or Not deceived. If this country would turn to God, we wouldn't be having these problems.

14. Russ in TX

I would vote for Dr Ron Paul if he runs as a Republican, but I will not support him if he runs as a 3rd pary candidate. We cannot afford to throw away 2012 and give it back to Obama like Ross Perot did with Clinton. We can't afford to have Obama as President for another term.

15. Dennis Pidge

Of course, I would vote for Ron Paul if he decided to run for President. I don't care if he was Democrat, Republican or Libertarian. I voted for Ron Paul in the last presidential election. I registered as a Republican to vote in the CA primary for him. I do not vote for a party; I vote for the person whose policies define common sense. He is the only viable, credible, and honest candidate who keeps the faith to his beliefs. His economics and foreign policy are the only remedy that can turn around this country from economic disaster or the winds of war.
    Moreover, even if elected, Ron Paul will not succeed at President, if he does not have the support of the Senate or HR. That is why we must elect representatives that hold similar beliefs as Ron Paul to the Senate or HR.

16. Hil

1 Trillion times YES!!!!

17. JT

Ron looks healthy enough to run to me.
    I wish he'd run as an independent or third party candidate.
    We all saw the Republican establishment and GOP media outlets railroad him in the last election. He is not a militarist/expansionist and therefore traditional GOP elements will scorn him and embrace Palin or whoever else best fits their agenda.

Third party. Do it for America Dr. Paul!

18. Susan

Hell No!

19. Libertarian Woman

I would love to see RP in the White House but he and the Tea Party folks need to disavow themselves from the Truthers/Birthers. They are only bringing all efforts down.

20. CK

Ron Paul will get across the board, grassroots support if he runs as an independent, not affiliated with the radical mush in the tea parties or the everything's wrong with government, but we offer no solution, do-nothing republicans

21. Gene

Ron Paul is getting old...not a bad thing. But I wish he would start thinking of successors, otherwise this movement dies with him. Perhaps one of his sons. I realize this doesn't seem polite, but it is a political reality. And if he would start sharing the limelight with potential successors, this movement will continue. I hope its someone who embodies his ideals though, and not some sham poser who will ruin the movement.

22. Paul W Iverson

We need God In our Government. Without God we are lost.
    This country was founded on Godly Principles and morals,
    We need to get back to that our we are lost.

1. Mike

Amen to that. We could use alot of God's help right now. I think we are about to become part of a miracle here in America!

23. Kate

I literally cried when Ron Paul dropped out of the last election. I know TONS of people that supported him and felt the same way I did. Do it Ron. We are all tired of voting for the "lesser of the two evils" which is what it has been for way too long. Like a fine wine, YOUR time has come!
    Go Ron!!!!!!! We Love You~

24. mARIo

I repeat what Gene Hill said (exluding the Ross Perot portion) "I would only vote for Ron Paul, IF and only IF he ran as a libertarian and not as a republican.
    The republican party and the GOP(Greedy Olde Perverts) along with many elected officials from the democratic party have brought America to where it is today and I can NOT nor will I vote for a republican or democratic candidate in the foreseeable future....."

Couldn't make it any clearer!

1. Mike

You and I both, my friend. No more democrats or republicans. Repeating the same mistakes over and over while expecting new results is insanity!!!

25. patrick

I'll be voting for Dr. Paul if he is on the ballot. I would prefer that he not run as a rebublican though. He would get more face time as an independent & I believe that is what he needs most. He will not get that as a republican.

26. Angela

I think it honestly depends on Obama's approval rating. Of course, you have to start campaigning early, so you can't really "wait to see" on that kind of thing. I think if Obama has over a 50% approval rating nearing the end of his term, I think whoever runs against him will get crushed. This all depends on how well the economy starts recovering in the next 3 years. I like Ron Paul on his fiscal issues, but I'm not with him on some of the social issues, because I am pro-choice and I'm supportive of gay rights and gay marriage. I'm 28 and I think he connects with the younger generation, but the younger generation is also a lot supportive of the diversity in our Country.

27. Matt Shannon

I voted "it depends" only because it's up to Dr. Paul, the family (mainly Carol :) ) and if he feels strong and healthy enough to put up with the rigors of campaigning.

He certainly seems like he "fit to fight" especially after we all saw him do so well @ the CPAC.

Definitely a HELL YEAH! vote from me otherwise!

28. Dextar

I will vote for Ron Paul because of what he stands for. I am a firm believer in less government, less spending, keeping a balanced budget, and keeping the government involved in our lives only as much as necessary.

I also firmly believe in the underlying principles / documents our country was founded on. (especially: seperation of church and state.)

@ Barry Kroeker

Ron Paul is a libertarian...not a crazed christian crusader.

Our founding fathers VERY boldly state and in the constitution that there is to be a seperation of Church and State. I.E. NO CHURCH meddles in the affairs of the government. The United States Constitution First Amendment states: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ."

"Because religious belief, or non-belief, is such an important part of every person's life, freedom of religion affects every individual. State churches that use government power to support themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths undermine all our civil rights. Moreover, state support of the church tends to make the clergy unresponsive to the people and leads to corruption within religion. Erecting the "wall of separation between church and state," therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society.
    We have solved ... the great and interesting question whether freedom of religion is compatible with order in government and obedience to the laws. And we have experienced the quiet as well as the comfort which results from leaving every one to profess freely and openly those principles of religion which are the inductions of his own reason and the serious convictions of his own inquiries."
    - President Thomas Jefferson: in a speech to the Virginia Baptists (1808)

And he is right. Look at Church ran states (i.e. Iran)

You unfortunately can represent our country, however you are doing so from an archaic and very ignorant viewpoint. Homosexuals are still humans and I don't even know how it can be made into a debate that they do not fall into the blanket of basic Human Rights. In addition, sexual preference should not be a requisite for federal / state / etc benefits. The only reason it is, is because brainwashed Christians are still picking and choosing which parts of the Bible to live by...and since Gay/Lesbian scare them it is a battle they pick.

29. Joel

I am a strong Ron Paul supporter, but my only concern would be if he can physically stand up to this task. He is 75 years old I think. It will require way more energy on every level...mentally and physically. I hope he runs, but when he's asked he doesn't seem like he wants to and he seems tired which is not good. I don't blame him either. I think it's the worst job anyone could EVER EVER have. This of course is just my opinion. I hope he has the desire to run because I see absolutely NO other choices. Remember also that the entire voting process is corrupt. Presidents are "selected" not "elected". The system we operate under now is not allowed to work properly and is intentionally flawed. Voting is another issue, but it's related and is a freaking mess! There are too many dishonest people in politics and I have almost no trust in our political process. We have been made fools of and people (the general mass) are STILL too stupid to even notice, care or do anything about it.

30. Brent

He is by far the best candidate in recent memory. However, he scares the sheep! He is too far over the common voters head and needs more fire (plus smaller words) in his communication. If he can make the NC ticket he has my vote, but at this point America still likes having standardized idiots in office. Give Obama $500 per week to live on and do the same with Ron Paul and compare their status at the end of the year. The presidency should be a contest instead of a vote!

31. Marianne Ernhart, Greensburg, Pa.

Forgot to mention, I am 78 going on 98. Experience comes with age so "don't hold
    that against Ron" like Ron Reagan wouldn't hold it against his competition if the other man didn't hold it against him!

32. Heather

NOT Michele Bachman. She is not impressive and she usually comes across like an idiot. He'd lose any generally Democratic leaning votes by picking her. I've seen her flub way too many interviews and questions to ever vote on a ticket with her.

33. Ryan

I love Dr. Paul, but in order to show the strength of the movement, new leaders need to be jetisoned to the top in Ron Paul's place, leaving him to continue his role as inspiration and representative figurehead of the freedom movement as a whole.

We are a young movement and while Ron Paul would be perfect, I dont want it to seem like we are so lacking in resources that the only person we can run is Paul.

New leaders are coming up everyday. We need to support them and groom them to keep the movement fresh, unlike other independent candidates such as Nader & Perot.

34. Scott

Yes, of course he should, especially since no one is stepping up to the plate and no one out there even thinks of 'real' economics and of a sound monetary system. The corrupt governments and their monetary policies are the root of every problem that they then blame on everyone and everything else. It is good to see the Austrian School of Economics start to make some inroads finally in the public mind. We are at the brink of catastrophe with this Keynesian and Friedman BS for the past 70 years.

Dr. Paul should connect to the Tea Party group and pull them in before the rat Republicans try to co-opt their movement for their own with the likes of Gingrich and Palin. Two who are part of the same problem and Palin is really out-to-lunch on the real issues of the country and is unelectable anyway.

And, of course, Dr. Paul should not any longer align himself with the Republican party for the presidency. They treated him like a leper in the last election and until the party implodes from within, anyone who wants 'change' should not support the Repubs any longer.

35. Ed

I definitely endorse a run by Ron Paul for president. I perceive his positions to be very much in line with those of the Constitution Party, the third largest party in the US. Hence, I'd like to see him run as a Constitution Party candidate. There's no point in aligning with the Republican Party anymore as that party has lost its identity with its squabbles over the "big tent" in order to embrace the progressives. In doing so, the Republican Party has become very much the Democrat Party on the other side of the aisle!