36 responses to “Ron Paul Wins CPAC Presidential Straw Poll”

1. UNF

Does anyone know what Ron Paul’s stance is on US-American Genocide recognition, for example in Iraq, Vietnam or Korea, for example?

(i.e. use a genocide-mirror to first take the plank out of your own eye before preaching the sins of lesser criminals, Thanks Sean Hypocrite @ Feb 23, 7:45 pm)

1. Pete

Korea was blatant communist agression and Vietnam was not that simple, it would be a mess even without american intervention…quit parroting the left…

2. Anthony Chesnik

I voted above as, “It depends”, instead of yes. The reason being, the trick will be to get him through the primaries as a “Independent”, or Republican. I think he ran as a Repub. the last time and I voted for him in the primaries. Then the word was out that he dropped out, he didn’t drop out ,he did, didn’t, ( Media Lies) and many forgot about him.The main party will line up their “Darling’s”, the media will help get them elected, and he’ll have wasted another run for naught. I’m a Independent, belonging to the Libertarian Party. The people aren’t responsive enough to the Libs and many I talk to think they are “liberals” and know nothing about, or care about their history or what they stand for. Because of being a third party, by law, they end up behind the 8 ball when it comes to media coverage, debates, etc. This is a two party citizenry for the most part because history repeats itself. The laws have to be changed to stop the unbalances when it comes to third part news coverage and the media has to be held to reporting the news instead of making it. When that happens he, or any other, will have an equal chance. If he runs, I’d advise him to take advantage of the so called Tea Partiers/ Constitutionalists, to get his message out and probably save him money also. Bypass the media. He should start now and not wait any longer.

3. Jennie Walsh

With their communist/socialist governmental tyranny legislation disguised as a “health care bill”, America’s enemies in congress are pursuing relentlessly another evil scheme to tax (STEAL) America into oblivion.
    Why would any sane American want to trust lying and thieving bureaucrats with their health care? Perhaps because the head honcho of the international bankers (America’s worst enemies), David Rockefeller, instituted the National Education Association for the purpose of dumbing down and indoctrinating America’s children into communism. David Rockefeller stated, “I don’t want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers”. Non-thinkers make good slaves for the power-elite megalomaniacs who plan to own and control, enslave, the world and everyone and everything in it. These indoctrinated children are now grown and do NOT seem to have a clue about what the very evil, lying and scheming politicians are doing to destroy America.
    It is very grievous to me to know that many American servicemen/women are fighting and dying in ILLEGAL, UNDECLARED WARS in foreign nations thinking that they are fighting for FREEDOM while back home in congress, America’s worst and most evil enemies disguised as congressional “representatives” are working feverishly to pass a communist/socialist/governmental tyranny HELLth care bill that will most likely tax every business and industry that is left in America into oblivion!
    Where have all the jobs gone? Into non-existence along with all the businesses and industries that have been taxed and regulated by governmental bureaucrats into extinction.
    Wake up, people of America! America’s worst and most cunning enemies, organized criminals and organized crime; murderers, war-mongers, liars and thieves are running and destroying America!
    Communism (socialism) is a tool of those evil, power-hungry individuals and groups who want to get control of the money and resources of nations. They will use any excuse to tax (steal) the money of citizens to impoverish the people and destroy businesses and industries. THE POWER TO TAX IS THE POWER TO DESTROY!
    America is not being conquered by bombs and bullets, AMERICA IS BEING STOLEN BY CUNNING LIARS AND THIEVES AND SCAM ARTISTS.
    I wonder how much money taxed (stolen) for various governmental programs actually gets used in those programs and how much gets pocketed into the pockets of the very evil bureaucrats and their buddies on the kick-back take.
    In a nutshell, the health care scam is a communist/socialist SCHEME. COMMUNISM CREATES POVERTY AND SUFFERING FOR THE PEOPLE AND WEALTH AND POWER FOR EVIL RULERS. That is an absolute truth that you will not learn in any government controlled school or on the mainstream propaganda media that is owned and controlled by the international power-elite bankers (America’s worst enemies!).
    Recommended web-sites: tenth amendment center.com, legitgov.org, knowourconstitution.com, campaignforliberty.com, mises.org

4. Dave Fernandez

I voted for Dr.Paul last time and I’ll do it again. And just maybe after three more years of the “change” that President Obama has given us, people wont vote based on trivial reasons such as verbal proclamations of their faith or skin color or even political affiliation, but on the values that governmental power should be limited and regulated by the people and that all are free to pursue their happiness.

5. Jim

Let us not forget what Ron Paul has been saying all along, we are the ones responsible for change, not only him… if by some miracle he does get elected! Which I certainly hope he does.

6. ocsike

I hope those Tea Party members go after every democrat and republican who belongs to the CFR, and the Progressive movement. We have good dem. and rep. in congress and senate, they just to chicken to stand up for our Constitution, and for the future of our country. I would like to see all of those so called Blue dog democrat to step away from the democratic party. Mr. Paul can’t do nothing alone. God Bless him.

7. Sean

Does anyone know what Ron Paul’s stance is on Armenian Genocide recognition?

Congrats on winning the Straw Poll.

8. Steven

Guys, I hate to rain on your parade, but even Reagan wasn’t able to get everything done wanted to do, and had to play politics even to get those things done. Until we get a libertarian / constitutionalist controlled Congress, the best we could hope for with President Paul would be that he vetoes every unconstitutional bill that crosses his desk, just like how he votes in Congress .. which would be a GREAT improvement, but its no where near a libertarian pipe-dream.

9. PawnStorm

“IS IT ROMNEY’S TIME?”

This was the headline on the FRONT PAGE of USA TODAY on Monday AFTER the CPAC convention.

WHO WON THAT POLL AGAIN???

Romney CAME IN 2nd. And not even a close 2nd.

So the media continues to ignore Ron Paul even when it is IN THEIR FACE that he is supported by the people.

10. DOUGLAS KEITH, MD

I HEAR DR PAUL SPEAK AND WONDER WHAT GOES THRU OTHERS’ MINDS WHEN THEY HEAR HIM. I WONDER IF THOSE NOT INTERESTED OR NOT EDUCATED ON ECONOMICS, PHILOSOPHY AND GOVERNMENT HAVE EVER ASKED THEMSELVES JUST WHAT INJUSTICE IS . DO THEY SEE THE GREAT INJUSTICE BEING PERPETRATED ON US BY OUR LEADERS? ANYONE OF RON PAUL’S ILK HAS A CHANCE IN AN ELECTION IN DIRECT PROPORTION TO THEIR ABILITY TO REACH THE VAST MAJORITY OF UNEDUCATED AND UNINTERESTED ELECTORATE THAT VOTE WITHOUT FULLY UNDERSTANDING THE ISSUES AT HAND AND IN DEPTH STUDY. DR. PAUL IS FOR RETURNING TO THE GOLD STANDARD, DISSOLUTION OF THE FED RESERVE, STOPPING FOREIGN AID, ENDING THE INDIVIDUAL FEDERAL INCOME TAX, A RETURN TO SOUND MONEY (NO MORE GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE WITH THE MONEY SUPPLY OR THE CREDIT MARKET). WITH OUT THESE MEASURES, WESTERN CIVILIZATION WILL FOLLOW AMERICA’S LEAD WHICH OF COURSE WILL BE NATIONAL DISASTER. AMERICA HAS ONLY A SLIVER OF A CHANCE TO SURVIVE THE NEXT FEW DECADES WITHOUT A RETURN TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL IDEAS OF OUR BEGININGS. WE HAVE NO MONEY AND NO ONE IN A LEADERSHIP POSITION TO PROPOSE STOPPING THE INTERVENTIONISTIC, STATIST, INCOME REAPPORTIONING, WELFARE STATE THAT HAS REPLACED WHAT THIS AMAZING, CAPITALISTIC COUNTRY WAS FOR THE FIRST 150 YEARS. I SAY, IF NOT PAUL, THEN WHO? IF NOT NOW, THEN WHEN? IF NOT THE USA, THEN WHAT OTHER COUNTRY COULD TRY TO SAVE CAPITALISM? ALL SOUND ARGUMENTS LEAD TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THE FREE MARKET IS THE ONLY SYSTEM OF SOCIAL ORGANIZATION CONDUCIVE TO FREEDOM, FULFILLING MAN’S NEEDS AND GENERALLY ALLOWING FOR PROGRESS OF MANKIND. ALL OTHER SYSTEMS LEAD TO CHAOS AND CENSURESHIP AND TOTALITARIONISM. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A SOLID FOOTING PRESENTED TO SUPPORT SOCIALISM – WHICH BY THE WAY IS WHERE WE ARE HEADED HAND OVER FOOT.

11. Paul Schnake

I like you as a person and as a sensible politician, but in 2008 you did not come across in a good way during the debates. Also your ideas are good, but you look old. Looking old is one of the ways McCain lost.

Paul

12. robin

congrats ron

13. birgit

First they ridicule you, then they fight you… then you win..
    Mahatma Ghandi

Even if he never reaches POTUS , he has turned the establishment media and politicical establishment on their ears !
    They suffer , dont you for one moment forget , they are paying out the (*) to try to demonize Dr Paul. and they are still losing ground.Even the grandest paid Controlled Opposition agent glenn beck has lost a million viewers in one week, over the Medina incident!
    Some of the sheeple are waking up to what truth is and are slipping out of their doublethink mode .

GO Ron GO ! =)

14. Jake Mcguin

As an economist his arguments sound reasonable, but he is a politician. I was once an econ prof. at Auburn University, home to the famous (infamous) Mises Institute. A libertarian think tank of multiple gun totin, won’t use a cell phone because the government is listening, conspiracy theory nuts!!! These people (libertarians) are nothing more than angry 60′s style conservative “stoners”.

I once got to a libertarian site while doing some research on white supremecy with my son. I alerted them to this only to receive a scathing email calling me a commie liberal. They appologized when I sent them the link.

1. Rob Kish

Every square is a rectangle, but not every rectangle is a square. Yes, white supremacists are usually conservatives, but not every conservative is a bigot. You seem to me to have made some major assumptions you won’t be able to back up later. First of all, I’m one that would welcome Paul as president. This is because he tells you what you need to hear, whether you want to hear it or not. He doesn’t pander. Now, I’m in my 30′s and yes I own a gun- Skeet is my favorite sport, but I’ve never been what your calling a stoner (never even smoked tobacco) and I am not a conspiracy theorist. When it comes down to it, I’m tired of the Federal Government taking liberties with States Rights under the Constitution. Hell, I just want them to remember what that document is and accept their limitations- which are there to protect the individual.

2. steven

what dose any of what you said below have to do with this poll ?
      also curies here are you kinda calling all libertarians natizs ? it kinda seems like it to be honest I would say that this seems kinda judgemental to me, I could say that all right wing neo conservitis like bush and chenny are modern day hilters. dosnt mean its true dose not mean it is not true, but its still a bias point of view and dose not help any one.
      ————————————————-

(As an economist his arguments sound reasonable, but he is a politician. I was once an econ prof. at Auburn University, home to the famous (infamous) Mises Institute. A libertarian think tank of multiple gun totin, won’t use a cell phone because the government is listening, conspiracy theory nuts!!! These people (libertarians) are nothing more than angry 60’s style conservative “stoners”.

These are dangerous, unpatriotic people who think Reaganomics is actually a valid economic model)

1. Jake Mcguin

I’m not calling them anything. Name calling is what the “sour grapes” crowd seems to only be able to say about the current administration. And no, I didn’t vote for Obama. I just think, since he’s their, might as well give him a chance to do something with the bucket of sh-t he was given by the previous administration. I never compared them to Nazis. I have worked with these people and know their agenda. I simply stated that many refuse to use cell phones and some carry plenty of guns with them when they travel. Nothing illegal about that, its just a bit of a red flag as to their overall, “in your face” attitude. The constitution was written over 200 years ago. It is a living, breathing document that changes with the times. Hence the term “swinging left to right and back again as a pendulum.”

I am a conservative independent voter who realizes that with the current “all or nothing” vote of the electoral college, a true third party hasn’t a snowballs chance of ever getting elected. I find this to be a sad thing for I too am sick and tired of partisan, 2 party only politics.

A moderate third party would be a breath of fresh air but extremism due to nothing but emotion and anger is nothing but a knee jerk reaction. This actually part of the reason the electoral college was formed, so cooler heads would prevail.

I heard Walter Cronkite once say in an interview (paraphrase) Once you join a political party or movement, you cease to think for yourself and let the party do your thinking for you closing yourself off to valid concerns and ideas proposed by the opposing party. Especially if you vote along party lines. Whomever is elected must be able to work with both sides and not railroad through a partisan agenda. I think were on the same page here.

1. Globalism Sucks

“I’m not calling them anything” (February 23, 2010 at 6:10 pm)

“A libertarian think tank of multiple gun totin, won’t use a cell phone because the government is listening, conspiracy theory nuts!!! These people (libertarians) are nothing more than angry 60’s style conservative “stoners”.” (February 22, 2010 at 8:31 pm)

– So, I guess it depends on what your definition of “name calling” is, right professor?
          _______________________________________________

“The constitution was written over 200 years ago. It is a living, breathing document that changes with the times”

-So, when people refer to it as a means of shackling the federal government, what they really meant was a “living document that means whatever the Federal Government interprets it to mean, (aka the government has carte blanche to promote the general welfare by any means necessary)?
          ______

Those crazy libertarians … look at all the damage they’ve done.

1. Jake Mcguin

Your arguments are circular. Like when someone tells Anne Coulter she should not wright such vapid, meanspirited things about people just to be over the top and sell books and her reply is, So your saying I should quit righting books? Classic dodge when there is no real or reasonable retort. Those of us who actually went to college call this semantics.

But then, what can I expect, I Stumble on an Extremist blog. Your mind is already made up and apparently closed.

Another thing, everyone here might want to google what a Straw poll actually is. It is usually used as a propaganda tool to confirm an agenda.

It’s like saying 57% of Americans polled do not want healthcare reform. True, sort of, they don’t want it as it is in its 1200 page form, also, if it were a “gubment takeover” it wouldn’t be 1200 pages long either. However, the same pole showed that about 68% DO want some sort of heathcare reform. But, you don’t want to hear that.

You Timothy Mcveigh types just kill me!!!!!

2. longshotlouie

Jake, if you really went to college (and graduated) they should shut the doors of that institution immediately, and bulldoze the place. You are ignorant of what constitutes a circular argument and have no clue of semantics.

A college graduate that can mispell the same word twice, and not be close either time?
            We’re having a hard time taking you seriously.

You dullard illiterates just kill me!!!!!

15. DD

Have you noticed how Dr. Paul’s success in the CPAC straw poll has been marginalized by “conservative”, fair and balanced, Fox News at every opportunity? I guess they’re pouting at Palin’s dismal turnout since she was obviously their candidate for 2012. Given Carl Cameron’s failed smackdown on Dr. Paul during the 2008 debates, this latest rejection isn’t at all surprising. GO RON!!! You have my vote.

16. Forest

Way to rig a straw poll years in advance of an actual election! Alright! Yep, there is no doubt that ron paul is the leading candidate! None at all!

By the way, the fact that the media continues to ignore Ron Paul got 3 times more Pork that ultra-leftist Sheila Jackson-Lee last yr shows how important an operative he is for Pelosi/Obama/Soros…

17. michael clint klein

You’ve got my support, but you will be a one term president unless you,

1) END THE FED!
    2)END THE WAR ON iRAQ
    3) END THE WAR ON AMERICA KNOW AS THE “WAR ON DRUGS”
    4)ABOLISH THE IRS… AND A BUNCH OF OTHER LETTERS.

SINCERELY
    MICHAEL CLINT KLEIN
    Brooklyn NY

18. Shirley Osterbind

I think Dr.Ron Paul is the man to get America back and our liberties! Less goverment ! You will have my vote ! I hope our country dosen’t go broke before someone else doe’s get in office

19. Phil Perkins

Haven listened to a few of his speech’s, it was like a

‘BREATH OF FRESH AIR’!

20. Patric

I’m so happy for you Dr. Paul! I find it ridiculous that the networks who are supposed to report the news objectively immediately attempt to discredit the the facts when the facts shine in ways that don’t fit their bosses’ agendas. If Palin or Romney had won (which they DIDN’T!), they would’ve sung their praises on the mountaintops. I agree that we are supposed to be tolerant of other people’s views–but I find it difficult when some actively attack Reason and Truth by discrediting it and calling it ‘crazy’ or ‘fringe’. But the good thing about Truth, Reason and Liberty is that they’re innately human, natural, irrefutable and unbeatable. Thank you for persevering. Every day this movement awakens more people, and it’s mostly thanks to you. Keep standing and speaking for Reason, Truth and Liberty, Dr. Paul; it’s obviously working.

21. IndyInAsia

This is GREAT news. And make this “Why?” even more important:

Why does Ron Paul refuse to meet Yuki Fujita?

Yukihisa Fujita, Director-General of the International Department of The Democratic Party of Japan (ruling party), and Director of the Committee on Financial Affairs in the House of Councillors (upper house) of the National Diet of Japan, who is somewhat of a folk hero to many Ron Paul RƎVO˩UTIONaries, has been trying diligently for months to make a personal contact with Congressman Dr. Paul. During that time, multiple faxes to multiple Ron Paul fax numbers, multiple phone calls to multiple Ron Paul offices, attempts by people with personal access to Dr. Paul, and finally, a plea from the Japanese Embassy directly to Ron Paul’s Congressional Offices in Washington, all have gone for naught, the inquiry from the Japanese government meeting with a flat refusal.

Why?

Why was Yuki Fujita able, during his recent trip to Washington, D.C., to meet with a long list of politicians and dignitaries, including Dennis Kucinich, but not Ron Paul?

For now, I am holding on to the hope that Congressman Dr. Paul is still somehow unaware that this important dignitary from Japan is seeking to meet with him. At the very least, I hope Dr. Paul is unaware of how serious is the snub communicated by the unresponsiveness of his camp.

And I hope Dr. Paul will address this “Why?” in an upcoming Texas Straight Talk or YouTube video.

22. Bottomline

I am so proud to hear that Dr. Paul was picked 2012 presidential nomination by conservatives. He is real hope and change for America.

23. Ben Young

Dr. Paul is the only real hope for America! Good on ya Ron!

24. Phil Younglove

As Ron Paul said, the Revolution is alive and well!

25. Pamela

Great news, congrats Dr. Paul !

26. Jeff

Awesome. I don’t see how people can say Paul is crazy. He provides logical arguments for everything. I think he is a great politician.

1. James

I consider him a true statesman, he’s above and beyond a ‘politician.’

27. Nick

I ‘ve got so nice feeling. This gives me a hope that Ron Paul will be true President in 2012 and we will help him to scrape all the rotten stuff out of the face of America!

28. Burke Hamblin

A fantastic result, and one that’s being scorned by avowed “conservatives” all over Twitter and other blogs, Americans who don’t seem to mind getting more establishment as long as it’s in their party’s color.