8 responses to “One Year After The Stimulus: Less Jobs, More Taxes, Bigger Government”

1. Denise

I agree, Sharon. I like Dr. Paul, but he doesn’t offer a clue about what to do about unemployment. When the gov, rewards corporations for ditching American workers for glorified slavery in other countries, what can be done to stop it? Both parties are guilty of this, starting with Nixon.

I’m starting to think (maybe fear is a better word) that they are telling us, if Americans want the work, they will settle for what the corporations are offering China and India.

Similar to the Brits telling the Irish to eat their children.

1. BeccaHandicapableSimmons

His CLUE is to BACK OFF. Jobs are naturally created when people are allowed to prosper and do business. Due to overregulation and taxes, no one spends, no one buys, no one sells and no one has a job. This is the very thing that Dr. Paul is trying to say. The gov’t needs to get smaller, because it isn’t the gov’t's responsibility to “create” jobs. American people do that. It’s their business to get out of the way so that we can do that and then protect what we create.

2. Tom Reid

Isn’t the point Dr. Paul is making more basic in terms of less government. Who’s better at spending your money? You or someone else like the government? Do you want to pay more in taxes to basically have less. Why not give the tax payers the stimulus money to directly spend? We would have done a much better job at solving our individual problems. I’ve been involved in small business for over twenty years. I never imagined we’d see what we are seeing where the government will tell me how to run my shop. They are good at roads, bridges, defense and the like but certainly not my business. The point is that it’s my business whatever I’m doing or selling. Not one business owner needs more paperwork. All they really need are customers. More government will only limit our ability to service and market our businesses the way we want. Thanks for your honest and constant input Dr. Paul! Tom

3. JR

To Kozar:

Agreed that Obama didn’t get is here but congressman Paul is correct that Obama should have at least tried to change from big spending big government to little spend little government. Instead he increased spending and continued to allow additional billions to be spent all in the wrong places. I mean come on my brother lost his job in the auto industry, but even I know it was wrong to bailout GM and Chrysler not mention he gave additional latitudes to the Fed Reserve.

4. Jane at 96

America needs divine leadership and courage to follow the leader. Let’s clean House (and Senate too)
    with our God-given right to vote. Be strong and of a good courage to represent our native-born citizens who pay taxes. Forget the past and move on to better and brighter future of the people, by the people and for the people.

5. Tyranny

Congratulations Ron, you are an inspiration. END THE FED!

6. sharon

I am not finding any ideas from Ron Paul on creating jobs, stopping the exporting of jobs, and what to do in that area???

I also disagree that people were cared for prior to Medicare/Medicaid. My father is 90 my husbands mother is 91… they will both tell you prior to medicare/medicaid you got some care if the doctor had time, but not much. Add to that the fact that today it is not just a doctors call to your house, but it is a ton of tests, expensive equipment, hosptials to pay, clinics.. etc.. His answer to stop medicare/medicaid will not work. Those in power care little about us. Our own AMERICAN businesses are going to china and hiring slave labor and we should trust them to do what is right? Healthcare is not different now days, corporations run it, back then it was all non-profit.

7. Paul Kozar

Although I like Ron Paul, I don’t think it’s fair to point the finger at Obama. Bush pretty much bankrupt this country and let the mortgage market run amok causing this recession. There are many people to blame for this mess.