Ron Paul: If the Fed didn’t exist there would be no deficits

Ron Paul spoke with Bob Schieffer of CBS News about his primary victory and his allegations against the Federal Reserve.

Channel: CBS News
Date: 03/03/2010

Transcript

Bob Schieffer: First, let’s go to Capitol Hill where Congressman Ron Paul is standing by. Well, it’s been a big couple of weeks for you, Congressman. Here two, three weeks ago you were chosen by CPAC as their candidate for President, now you won re-election to your congressional seat. I guess a lot of people are wondering, are you going to make another run for the presidency in 2012?

Ron Paul: Well, whenever that’s decided I’m going to tell myself. I have no idea, I don’t have any plans for it. It’s still, as far as I’m concerned, a long way off. Lots of things can happen from day to day so I haven’t made any decision.

Bob Schieffer: Let me just ask you about the situation in Texas. If I’m correct, all of the Republican candidates who were running last night for Congress who had Tea Party candidates, all of the incumbents prevailed. I think there was one runoff, where there is a Tea Party candidate still in the race. All this, you had a Tea Party candidate, all this talk we’ve been hearing about the Tea Party candidates, it didn’t seem to bear much fruit last night.

Ron Paul: Well, I think that the incumbents do have an advantage over any challenger. Yet I don’t think it diminishes the fact that a lot of people are very upset. And they’re upset with Republicans and Democrats. I think the old saying that they can get pretty upset with Congress but they still like their Congressmen because they get to know that individual. But I think it’s going to be hard to root out a lot of incumbents, but there will be more this year than usual.

Bob Schieffer: You had a Tea Party candidate in your primary. I guess I would ask you, how can someone as conservative as you are, unabashedly conservative, how could you get somebody who thought you weren’t conservative enough?

Ron Paul: I think they thought maybe because the environment, that they’re going to throw out all the incumbents and they would just see if they could get free ride, but politics requires a little bit more than that. You have to be organized, you have to have supporters, you have to have campaign, and you do have to have some money to do it. So it’s not as simple as just being upset.

Bob Schieffer: Congressman, I want to ask you about a recent hearing that you took part in. The Financial Services Committee had the Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke come before them and you asked a question that had to do with had the federal government, if I understand this correctly, funneled money through the Federal Reserve to the Watergate burglars and also to Saddam Hussein. Chairman Bernanke seemed taken back by that question. What basis did you have for asking that question?

Ron Paul: My real purpose was if it’s true, and there’s a lot of people who think it’s true, that it gives you a good reason to audit the Federal Reserve, it was still back to the transparency issue. But recently, Robert Auerbach, who worked for the Fed and worked for Henry Gonzalez, was very much involved in these investigations. And he felt like the Federal Reserve always rolled them and didn’t give them the information that they’ve asked for. But it wasn’t something like it was brand new. If anybody goes to the Internet now, a lot of my supporters did this after that question, and after Bernanke became outraged, this is the “most bizarre thing” he’s ever heard, then all of a sudden you go look at the news, it’s all over the place. It was back in there, it was a discussion. I do remember the discussion but this book, this section about the Fed by Auerbach, really goes into details and shows what was going on at the time and what the Fed actually did to prevent the people from getting this information.

Bob Schieffer: But Congressman, I mean, in all fairness, one can go to the Internet and find anything one wants to find there. There’s no guarantee that it’s true or even bears any resemblance to the truth, some of it. Did you have any basis to believe that the Fed somehow funneled money to the Watergate burglars? I mean, what would be the basis of that?

Ron Paul: Well, they facilitated it. It just goes to show that it’s a very political organization and…

Bob Schieffer: Who facilitated it? And how much?

Ron Paul: Well, I mean if you had a president like Nixon who wanted to cover up and he had to get the money and somebody could do it, why wouldn’t they be able to do this? But it was in the news, it wasn’t like it was some sinister plot or somebody having with a wild conspiracy, it was average news back then. News reports. But really, the individual that has the most credibility on this is Auerbach. He was involved in this discussion and he was involved in going to the Fed to get this information along with Gonzalez and other Fed chairman to try to get transparency of the Fed.

Bob Schieffer: But you’re not saying they found anything?

Ron Paul: No, they’re hiding the information. And this was my whole point with Bernanke. I’m not making an accusation. But isn’t it to our advantage, the Congress, the Federal Reserve, and the people, to allow us to know what’s going on so that you can settle these arguments once and or all? And that was my point, it wasn’t like, oh yes, why did you do this and the Fed this and that? I want the air to be clear.

Bob Schieffer: Don’t you feel, is it any way irresponsible to make an allegation like that?

Ron Paul: No, I think it’s irresponsible to ignore what the Fed does in secrecy. That’s where the irresponsibility is, to allow things if there’s a slightest chance, why don’t we clear the air on this? So I think the irresponsibility falls on the Congress for ignoring the Fed, no oversight, they literally create trillions of dollars, they pass it out through the discount window, they make deals with foreign banks, foreign central banks, and foreign governments?

I mean, this to me is so irresponsible and that’s why we had our financial crisis and that’s why we’re going to have a dollar crisis, is because we’re derelict in our duties. The Congress pays no attention because, and I said this in the hearings, it’s because Congress has a cozy relationship with the Fed. If the Fed didn’t exist, we couldn’t run up these deficits. They would end, because the Fed monetizes that debt. If you couldn’t monetize debt, the Congress would be limited and they would balance the budget.

Bob Schieffer: This would be our last question. What you’re saying is that what the Fed does, it does much of it in secret. You’re not saying that you have any proof that they somehow funneled money to the Watergate burglars or the other allegation you made that they funneled money to Saddam Hussein?

Ron Paul: That’s not, I don’t think that’s a secret. Matter of fact, they explain it that it came out of, the Treasury explained that it came out of a particular fund when they sold oil and what not. But my point is, it wasn’t appropriated by the Congress. No, that is no secret. I think nobody’s going to deny that $5.5 billion dollars went to Saddam Hussein when we were his friends and his buddy and of course this fits my position that it’s why we have such a disgusting foreign policy. Because one time we’re giving money to Saddam Hussein, and we help him and his war against Iran, and the next time we’re fighting Saddam Hussein. One time we’re a friend of Osama Bin Laden, and then the next time we’re his archenemy. The insanity of our foreign policy is connected with our monetary policy and the Federal Reserve facilitates it in several ways.

Bob Schieffer: All right, well thank you very much Congressman.

1. Read this http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewArticle.asp?id=49618

2. HEY" Just who the F$$K is Bob Schieffer working for?

3. Poll: Who will be the Republican Nominee for 2012?

4. A reminder to Fled The Deflectionist:

There is always enough gold.

In the posts below you will find that Fled has figured out that gold should be about $2600/oz.
    And he did it accidentally. He still doesn't realize what he did.

5. Maybe this will help make the danger of fiat money clear.

Imagine you and me are setting across from each other. We create enough money to represent all of the world's wealth. Each one of us has one SUPER Dollar in front of him.

You own half of everything and so do I.

I'm the government though. I get bribed into creating a Central Bank.

You're not doing what I want you to be doing so I print up myself eight more SUPER Dollars to manipulate you with.

All of a sudden your SUPER Dollar only represents one tenth of the wealth of the world!

That isn't the only thing though. You need to get busy and get to work because YOU'VE BEEN STIFFED with the bill for the money I PRINTED UP to get YOU TO DO what I WANTED.

That to me represents what has been happening to the economy, and us, and why so many of our occupations just can't keep up with the fake money presses.

They have been beating us with our own stick!!!!1

• Fred the Protectionist

"Fiat Money" worked fine and dandy before Nixon opened up China. Heck, when one thinks about it, all these economic problems started when we dropped tariffs in favor of higher income/corporate taxes. Thanks free traitors.

"Fiat Money" is the basis of all banking, it's primordial. Do you Ronulans hate all forms of banking? Shall we barter in gold?

• I don't think many people have a problem with banking when it is done based on real assets.

If you were to look at a chart showing the devaluation of our currency in the last three decades, I think you would see that it now takes over one hundred dollars to do what it used to take less than ten to do.

In order to recreate the devaluation it would take counterfeiting the entire money supply between ten and seventeen times over.

The only thing primordial has been the way we have set around like blithering idiots while they stuck it to us.

• Fred the Protectionist

I don't want to bust your fantasy but theoretically when an entity inflates fiat money, somebody supposedly benefits from it.

If a government intentionally inflates their money supply, than they benefit from it, the extra money acts as tax revenue. Guess what, the US government (including the Federal Reserve) has not benefited from dollar devaluation because there has been no deliberate inflation of the money supply.

And when there is inflation, there is also wage inflation. Guess what, wages have remained static, except for your richie rich buddies, anarcho-capitalists.

• So the inflation was accidental? or maybe it was incidental?

• Maybe I could have explained it in another way.

When our government prints up money it doesn't have, and gives 700 billion for birth control education in developing countries to the United Nations, every person that holds a Federal Reserve Note has their money devalued. It could even be some lady in Holland that just traded a few dollars for some of her tulips.

That's not banking. That is stealth socialism.

• Oops.

$648 million is closer to the truth in my last post.

It also doesn't really matter the amount or cause. If they don't have it and spend it, the counterfeiting sucks the life out of the money people do have.

Thus the stealth socialism.

• Hey Fled, it's about Nixon and Bretton Woods .... not Nixon and China.

They held up one hand and mesmerized you, while their other hand was in your pocket.

6. Just received below from C4L. Includes my Senator's names so you'll have to swap out your own. We must not sit on our hands and do nothing! Please do all that you can.

*********

Dear Kathy,

Our battle to Audit the FED has reached a crisis.

Right now, a handful of Fed-loving U.S. Senators, led by Bob Corker (R-TN), Richard Shelby (R-AL), Chris Dodd (D-CT) and Judd Gregg (R-NH), are reportedly working to rewrite from the Financial Reform Bill to strip out Audit the Fed and actually EXPAND the Fed’s power over banks, lending and money.

I need you to contact your senators today with an urgent message: Audit the Fed and DON'T increase the Fed's power.

As you know, Audit the Fed is currently in H.R. 4173, a financial “reform” package that has passed the House.

The Senate will unveil its version soon, which means you and I have to work fast.

In addition to stripping out transparency and accountability, the Senate version is set to grant the Fed broad NEW powers over our economy by putting the Consumer Financial Protection Agency under the Fed’s purview.

Seriously? The same Fed that won’t tell us where our trillions of dollars went is going to be put in charge of “consumer protection?”

It would be funny if it weren’t so dangerous.

You and I must turn up the heat on the Senate TODAY.

Please contact Senator Sherrod Brown and Senator George Voinovich at once!

Of course, as you know, over two thirds of the House of Representatives, almost a third of the Senate and nearly 80% of the American people support a FULL Audit of the Federal Reserve.

So the establishment has no choice but to attempt to fight us in secret.

That’s why they’re trying every trick in the book to make sure they kill a full-scale Audit of the Fed.

And that’s why it has never been more important that you call Senator Sherrod Brown at 202-224-2315 and Senator George Voinovich at 202-224-3353 and DEMAND that they withdraw their support for ANY effort to strip the bill of the Audit, and oppose all efforts to grant the Fed more power under the guise of so-called “reform.”

It’s clear that passage of this bill would pretty much guarantee that the FED is never audited, allowing the banksters to continue to rob and loot the American people.

And this sounds like something taken directly out of the Ben Bernanke playbook.

You see, Ben Bernanke and his buddies have been claiming the need for Fed “independence” for some time now.

But what they’re really talking about is independence from accountability...

...Independence to keep printing money out of thin air without any oversight from the American people, further destroying our savings and wiping out the middle class.

That’s why it’s vital you take action IMMEDIATELY.

Please call Senator Sherrod Brown at 202-224-2315 and Senator George Voinovich at 202-224-3353 and demand that they stand with the nearly 80% of Americans who support a FULL audit of the Federal Reserve.

You and I are now very close to allowing the American people to have the first ever COMPLETE audit of the Federal Reserve, and without your efforts, Ben Bernanke and his cronies would have nothing to worry about.

But I’m afraid if you and I don’t act right away, all of our efforts up until now will be rendered useless.

And that’s something I’m not going to sit idly by and allow to happen.

If we’re going to stop this attempt to gut Audit the Fed, we must act before it’s too late.

So please, right now, call Senator Sherrod Brown at 202-224-2315 and Senator George Voinovich at 202-224-3353 and demand that they support a FULL audit of the Fed and OPPOSE all attempts to broaden the Fed’s power.

And if you can, please make your most generous contribution to help Campaign for Liberty alert millions of Americans to this battle.

But most importantly, please contact Senator Sherrod Brown and Senator George Voinovich TODAY.

Sincerely,
    John Tate
    President

P.S. Fed-loving Senators are working behind closed doors to strip Audit the Fed out of the Financial Reform Bill while granting the Fed even more power.

That’s why it’s vital you IMMEDIATELY call Senator Sherrod Brown at 202-224-2315 and Senator George Voinovich at 202-224-3353 and demand they stand with the nearly 80% of Americans who support a FULL audit of the Federal Reserve.

7. What Ron Paul suggested sounds like a golden opportunity to audit the fed and invest in gold. Dfens and Fred the protectionist are using scare tactics to prevent us from support Dr. Paul and most of his ideas.

8. Fred the Protectionist, instead of coming up with a lame accusation, why don't you bring a rational argument to support the Federal Reserve then?

e.g. your argument could go something along the lines of...

since the establishment of the current Federal Reserve:
    1. your US dollar purchases more for you now than it did pre-1913
    2. the average family in the USA can get by with only 1 spouse working less hours now than ever before
    3. the Great Depression ended, and we've never had another Tulip pricing issue
    4. everyone can afford a house, even if unemployed or a NINJA (No Income No Job or Assets)
    5. everyone's happy, since green paper (fiat money) looks and feels cool, is fungible and accepted everywhere (like a mastercard), and can be created in unlimited amounts (much like free hugs for everyone). Gold on the other hand is a scarce resource, hard to carry, transport and store and only the 'rich' would end up having it.
    6. the brightest minds in the world work there, who, through their central planning are MUCH better than the free market in pricing assets and interest rates. How many free market participants have nobel prizes in economics? In fact, as Ben Bernake predicted, this subprime mortgage crises is contained and there is no contagion risk. Central economic planning is essential to the well being of the population. Witness North Korea and Zimbabwe who have stable governments (they don't change the head of state every 4-8 years like the USA!)
    7. the federal reserve has been independent (and doesn't buy government securities so it can't influence or be influenced by the government)
    8. the unemployment rate has never been this stable for such a long time (under 10% for more than 3 months!)

etc. etc.

😉

• Fred the Protectionist

You put the US on a gold standard while there is a 700+ billion a year trade deficit and Fort Knox would be sucked dry in less than 6 months. Free Traitor.

• Can you back up this statement?

of course not, you're a boob

• Fred the Protectionist

It's a simple matter of mathematics, I know you Libertarians lack basic mathematical skills. Fort Knox only has about 300 billion in Gold, and the trade deficit is over 700 billion per year.

• The price of gold is not stagnant.
            There is always enough gold.

• Fred the Protectionist

Gold is an INTERNATIONAL COMMODITY, it's just a rock. A gold rock in the US is exactly the same gold rock in say Russia.

If you Libertarian nuts were put and charge and the dollar went back on the gold standard than we'd be out of gold in a year or two and be back on paper money. Fruitloops.

Why do you think Nixon took us off of the gold standard in the first place, he started this free trade nonsense and knew what would happen.

• Fred the Protectionist

And there isn't "always enough gold." The only thing that makes gold valuable above and beyond industrial applications is it's rarity. There isn't "enough".

• Simply saying so does not make it so, Deflectionist.

More than enough gold, forever

• Fred the Protectionist

You Ronulans and Libertarians are totally nuts.

If there were "More than enough gold, forever" than gold wouldn't be any more valuable than a lode of Pig Iron.

• Show us the math, Fled.
            Or would that expose the hole in your bucket?

• Since the advent of the Federal Reserve:

1) One dollar invested in the United States Total Stock Return index - a pretty comprehensive measure of free market valuation - would be worth $9,549 today.
      2) Women didn't 'work' before the advent of the federal reserve? Maybe 'Men' in the average family, with slaves, didn't work as much as they do now? Aren't there larger social constructs to consider than simply 'Blame The Fed'? Why don't we just think back to Hunter/Gatherer days? Why not think back to when infant mortality was 15%? Now that it is super-low do we credit the Fed for keeping more of our precious babies alive?!?! I mean, that has happened since the Fed was created - more babies live? Come on, terrible argument.
      3) Read This Time Is Different. Just because the advent of something doesn't mean it will solve everything - i.e. panics happened before the Federal Reserve as well, simply getting rid of the Fed will NOT prevent panics from occurring, however Free Markets have also had a pretty shitty go of it lately (please don't give me this 'these arent free markets' drivel). Nor is that also a valid reason to just abolish it. The socio-anarchist view of 'well just get rid of it' isn't very applicable in this sense.
      4) Yeah, see what happens when largely unregulated mortgage brokers and financial institutions operate in a Free Market (Shadow Banking System)? They really tend to screw other people over and commit fraud? Funny how that happens. By the way, tone down on the 'Everyone' bit cowboy, home ownership rate in 1967 was 63.6%, in 2008 it was 67.8%, that would be HARDLY 'everyone'.
      5) You forgot 'hard to use as currency' and 'Is At 50% of It's Inflation Adjusted Value over The Past 30 Years'. Funny how such a fantastic 'Storage of Wealth' can be worth 50% less? Imagine if that was your house? By the way, the dollar is as valuable now as 35 years ago - or i guess you could say it has doubled in value over the past 30 years relative to Gold.
      6a) Ron Paul was calling for 'widespread social unrest' in the 1980's and 'predicting interest rates will create hyperinflation', instead Volcker broke the back of inflation and the United States emerged with a good 30 years of economic prosperity. And NOW Ron Paul knows his ass from any banking system because he has been prodding previously uninformed people to riot for THREE DECADES? Apparently a broken clock isn't right twice a day, now it is right one every 30 years?
      6b) China has a pretty 'managed' economy wouldn't you say? Their economy seems to be in the black, and scaring the pants off libertarians because they keep buying this 'Fed Issued Toilet Paper'. Well, how many Nobel Prizes do they have? Do you really freaking care or are you reading off some list of sound bytes? If anyone in the Fed won a Nobel Prize you would summarily discount it anyway, so why even present it as a logical argument in the first place?
      7) Whatever. Buy another Ron Paul book. I would argue their independence scares people more now because of the economic climate and ignorance. See Volcker above. See Greenspan admit his cherished 'free market self-regulation' view, one that he held from childhood and spawned the 'pro-gold' quotes that libertarians so like to copy/paste, those same philosophies that Ron Paul also endorses, was an abject failure. Again, let the prone to act fraudulent and as thus take your money and screw up Free Markets handle everything?
      8) I thought you said earlier "the average family in the USA can get by with only 1 spouse working less hours now than ever before", implying that 'working less is better'? So 'unemployment' is bad, but 'working less' is good? Must be fun in that rabbit hole, alice.

etc etc....

• Big hole in your bucket, as usual.

Describe a 'free market', Mattie

• Right, I forgot, because it is confusing to you, you rationalize a confusing world by believing there are no free markets in the United States - or really the world for that matter. Noone thinks for themselves, noone has freedom to invest, and every dollar, whether spent, saved, or earned in the United States is controlled via a larger conspiracy.

But you knew I, as a servant to the Bilderbergers, was going to say that, right?

• Stop your blathering and describe a free market.

• Would you ever believe in a 'Free Market' so long as there is a government/Bilderbergers lurking behind the scenes?

Sad louie, very sad. Ron Paul's idea of a 'Free Market' will never happen because there will always be some form of government - which will always give you ample reason to live in your rabbit hole.

Isn't it time for a Tea Party, AliceLouie?

Do you have people telling you what to invest in or buy right now? Forcing you to buy one thing or another? Forcing you to not think of how to revolutionize an industry? Forcing you to not work hard and succeed? Forcing you to buy gold, US Dollars, or foreign currencies? Forcing you to not move somewhere else?

• Focus, take an extra pill, and describe a free market.

• Four days later, silence.

What Forest realized is that one question at a time was going to blow a hole in his rhetoric. He just could not make it that obvious, so he would rather not say anything.

lmao

9. Ron Paul wants us to go to a gold standard now that we're the biggest debtor nation in the history of the world so that we can pay his Communist Chinese masters back in gold for all the paper money they lent us to get us into this debt. I guess if the Fed didn't exist, Ron's Communist Chinese comrades wouldn't exist as well? Is that what we are supposed to believe? Or maybe they wouldn't have all that paper money that's not backed by any commodity to lend without our Fed, is that right MoRon? Heck, maybe they have all that paper money to lend due to their protectionist trade policies that have caused thier economy to grow at over 10% for a couple decades. Wouldn't that be something?

Here's what the US Constitution actually says:

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

Funny how it doesn't mention the nasty old Fed being required to borrow money.

• Fred the Protectionist

Section 8.

The Congress shall have power to...

To establish post offices and post roads;

___________

Are you suggesting Congressmen get in the little Post Office buggies and manually deliver mail to you personally? Gee wiz.

• Ok, but you've got to admit it would be a good bit less ironic if he hadn't been in Congress (doing nothing except being the good earmark fairy, apparently) for 20 years. Clearly the buck doesn't stop at Ron Paul's desk when he's one of 534, but we're supposed to believe the buck will stop at his desk if he the Prez? Fat chance.

• Please explain where you would have preferred for the money, paid in by Congressman Paul's constituents, to have gone.

• So the path to smaller government is 'Make Sure I Get My Earmarks'?

Interesting, well good to know Ron Paul can talk a big game, but also be a hypocrite - I guess we knew that already though.

• No comprende ingles, mattie?

• Si, yo comprendo ingles, porque? Escuchame.

"Please explain where you would have preferred for the money, paid in by Congressman Paul’s constituents, to have gone."

Dude, the answer was NOWHERE. I would rather IT NOT HAVE BEEN SPENT OR PAID AT ALL.

So to live in your world of hypocrisy i just have to talk a big game and do the exact opposite? OK, gotcha, understood.

I LIKE SMALL GOVERNMENT - BUT I ALSO LIKE BIG GOVERNMENT!

Does that work for you, Louie?

• Debate by avoidance, huh?

So they should never have had to send that money to DC in the first place?

• So earmarks don't cause bigger government? So this money HAD to be spent? Really? Here are some examples of Ron Paul's form of 'small government', link at the bottom has the full list.

Ron Paul's earmark requests for FY2009
            • $3.5 million for study of health risks of exposure to vanadium
            • $1.92 million for UTMB to study muscle mass loss in aging vs. microgravity (NASA related) at International Space Station National Lab
            • $26 million for Washington, D.C. "Reading is Fundamental" program
            • $10 million for Boston, Mass., "Reach Out and Read" national center
            • $2.2 million for City of Bay City for improvements to electrical wiring in low and moderate income housing
            • $7.02 million for Army Corps of Engineers to dredge Freeport Harbor
            • $400,000 for Army Corps of Engineers for feasibility study for Feeport Harbor
            • $25,000 to install security cameras at Fox Run Apartments in Victoria

• You continue to avoid answering any question directly.

Focus

So they should never have had to send that money to DC in the first place?

• Louie are you asking whether forrests statement that Dr. Paul's spending on $3.5 million on vanadium research is legitimate?

25000 on security cameras? I am new here but I see you don't give much support other than 'well, that is how it is'. Please help?

It seems like Dr. Paul might be fleecing you. But I still love him, Dr. Paul 2012!

• You really shouldn't post when you are drunk as a skunk, Dfens.
      Do you have any idea what you were trying to get across in that post?

• You are a bluundering idiot, I cannot fathom what a life you must have to spend your time on Ronpaul.com just to talk shit on him. You don't know what your talking about at all and that is perfectly clear to everyone in here. You have to remember who your audience is. You need to go somewhere else if you want your non-sensical ideas to be recognized. I wish that one day you have better things to do.

• Scratch a 1st amendment loving Libertarian and find a fascist that wants not to debate any of the points you've made, but only to shut you up. Who would have seen that coming? I mean, except for someone who had already seen that same thing happen in both the Republican and Democrat parties.

• There must be some way to get this guy to shut up. I found no spam report button or anything. Anyways, you are an idiot and everyone in here knows it. You make everyone in here support Ron Paul even more because we realize how stupid a human is capable of being. Get a life and stop hanging out in these posts if you don't like Ron Paul.

10. Fred the Protectionist

The Federal Reserve to the Libertarians is like the Jews to the Neo Nazis, or Carbon Dioxide to the Greens, or Bush to the Democrats. It's the big bad satan.

You're nuts.

• Finally figured out what Fred is protecting.
      The staus-quo.

• Fred: I would have to say that if you substitute "the American people" in place of the Libertarians in your statement you would be accurate! You do know that according to Rasmussen 80% of Americans want the Fed audited. This issue is an issue of trust and the American people do not trust the Fed. Would you buy a used car from Bernanke?

• Fred the Protectionist

No, 80% do not want to audit or even care about the Federal Reserve. You Libertarians are delusional.

• Wow, according to that same Rasmussen Reports "75% Say Movie Ticket Prices Too High" and "67% Say Concert Tickets are Too Expensive". So people want free stuff and everything to be audited? This is suprising how? This is pertinent why?

In unrelated news, a recent poll by actual voters, only 2% of people wanted Ron Paul for president. Think on that for a bit too...