Poll: Ron Paul’s VP in 2012

If Ron Paul runs for President in 2012, who should be his running mate?

This poll was open from April 5 – 13, 2010. Voters could select up to 5 candidates.

[poll id=”14″]

Ron Paul had no input in creating the list. It is based purely on suggestions made by supporters here and on other sites over the past few months.

Read a description of the results.

1. CBS Poll: Who do you want to be the Republican presidential nominee in 2012?

Ron has a slight lead so far

2. I come from the left so am interested in RP's stance against unnecessary war, civil liberty abuses like the patriot act and torture.

I vehemently disagree with him on drilling oil and pillaging our earth and wildlife in order to drive SUVs. However, because no other politician is against war .and. no other politician is quite as principled (except Kucinich), my vote would still go to RP.

I like Buchanan because of his view on "free" trade and tariffs (which i believe in). My FIRST choice however is, and always will be, Dennis Kucinich. In every democratic primary i have _always_ voted for him. My only disagreement with Kucinich is his views on immigration (i'd like to see all immigration end, a wall built, and those illegals in this country and their anchor babies escorted back to their home countries). THEREFORE, the combination of Paul's anti-amnesty views and Kucinich's view on "fair" trade, would, imo, be the perfect union.

• This is a slightly older video but still has Congressman Paul speaking to the question of whether he would consider running with Kucinich. There are but a small few that have represented the people for as long as these two men have that have not sold themselves out to the lobbyists. This truth is evident in both of their stance on aggressive and never ending war.

I know some people just want to blame the liberals or they think that Kucinich sold out because he signed on with this healthcare plan. I get emails from Kucinich congressional office because I write to my representatives and sometimes that adds you to receive emails back. Mr. Kucinich put out a very touching message after he did sign to pass this healthcare plan that you could probably find online if you wanted to read it. We are all just people TRYING to do the best we can.

Here is Kucinich answering a similar question.

• thank you!!!

I've seen the video where Kucinich said he would choose Ron Paul, but I did not see the video of Ron Paul's openness to Dennis Kucinich. This is a video to save and put forward: thank you!!!!!

And, yes, I agree with you: no two congressmen are as principled as those two, and I deeply respect both.

• I believe what you have said is true Carol, this type of left/right breakdown could really win the ticket and stir up the establishment. Lets elect the true Statesmen!

3. I would suggest someone who has shown with action and not rhetoric what they are made of, Rep. Michele Bachmann comes to mind. Judge Andrew Napolitano would be good but he would be much better as the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court or a least a justice. Jesse Ventura, are you kidding me? Ditto for Sarah Palin, she is party politics as usual. She claims to be grass roots and then comes to Arizona to campaign for John McCain. Glenn Beck, he was opposed to Ron and has even taken credit (from Palin) on his show as being the only one to expose the FED.

4. Paul/Gravel 2012!

5. My choice of VP would be Kevin MacDonald of the Third Position Party.

Otherwise, I'd choose Tom Tancredo.

6. Ron Paul for pres and Jesse Ventura vice pres. and we'd have America back

7. no way would i vote for ron paul if alexj ones were his running mate.....

8. Shalom;
    I mentioned once that ben stein should be the economic expert for vp, but my second choice would be n.gingretch.
    thanks and God bless...

9. If tv is the indicator for raising "the Judge" to such a level then my vote is for John Stossel. Libertarianism needs to be put in the mainstream over both parties that rule our poltical landscape.

It's horrific to think that we must elect another republican to set this trend in reverse. The only thing that will accomplish a reversal to the waste that is govt is to allow it to fail. My suggestion is to pull back and live off of as little as possible... contribute as little as possible to the beast that is govt. If we starve the beast it will implode and we can pick up the pieces and start again with what the founders truely intended.

10. Voted for The Judge, but in general its kind of a silly poll..Glenn Beck? Sarah Palin?...come on now people.

11. Marc Stevens, the voluntaryist, linked to above. Why not someone with a perfect message? That way, if it turns into another book-signing tour run by sheltered parasites from the lower 48, at least we get something to show for our donor dollars.

12. It's starting early folks. I knew it would happen too. The fringe is trying to destroy the tea party movement, very early...
    Both the neo conservatives and the liberals are trying to steal the Ron Paul Revolution / Tea Party movement for their own wacko purposes. I keep seeing lunatic fringe names suggested. People saying incredibly stupid things like, "liberals should be added to the list", or, they are choosing well established neo-conservatives. It's making me sick to my stomach! For goodness sakes people those are the cluster-f's who have put us into this catostrophic predicament in the first place! Why in the heck would, or should, a civilized and rational person like Ron Paul choose a brain dead partisan-traitor for his running mate? Kucinich? Are you frigging crazy? Palin? Are you farging stupid? Beck? What an icehole! Alan Keyes, Mitt Romney, Jim DeMint? Put that crack pipe down and think again!

Some of these suggestions are downright insane!

Folks if you are smart enough or aware enough to see the need for change in the Ron Paul direction, away from unconstitutional corruption and the status qou of special interests and partisan gridlock, then for goodness sakes pick a running mate that also represents change in the same direction that Ron Paul himself is heading. We need honest, principaled, Constitution-loving, intelligent, practical, problem solvers like Ron Paul. Not puppet partisan hacks (democrats and neo conservatives).

• Well said Ryan.

The tea party movement is attacked from all sides and within. The media is seeking to destroy it. The statist politicians seek to destroy it. The Rinos seek to destroy it. Now the Rinos have figured out that frontal attacks on the tea parties make them look bad so they are attempting to subvert the movement from within.

The movement must maintain vigilance and principles or it will be undone. It will only be as good as its individual participants.

• Thanks. Well said yourself.
        Like the old saying goes, "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link".
        The last thing we need is a typical partisan as a running mate for Ron Paul. Like Ron Paul himself, we need someone with convictions of principals and courage under fire.

13. What about Paul Ryan of Wisconsin? Young, fresh-blood conservative, a little outside of the mainstream Republican party; independent thinker without being an Independent. Ron Paul has age and experience on his side, Paul Ryan all the youth and exuberance.

14. Sarah Palin? Are you kidding me? How about Olympia Snowe? Lyndsey Graham? Palin quickly exchanged her annoying caricature status for loathsome politician when she decided to support McCain. She had a chance to distinguish herself and demonstrate some substance. She failed. Miserably. Please wake up. Palin is part of the disease, yet somehow she is being promoted as part of the cure. Why are people enamored of this paper thin fraud? Will we never learn?

• Fred the Protectionist

Yup, McCain picked Palin because they both pretty much agree on everything. So if you don't like McCain you shouldn't like Palin.

15. John Stuart should totally run for VP. I can't believe douchenozzles like glen beck and Sarah palin even made it on this. I don't think Ron Paul had a say in this list personaly because those people stands for the complete opposite of what Ron's beliefs are. Especially the drug war!

16. Walter Block for VP

17. One thing I'm noticing on this board and others like have changed a bit recently where it's not just other folks with very similar views as myself with us all just preaching to the choir. These days it seems to be more people that have allowed themselves to become a bit more informed about Congressman Paul and that in my opinion is a wonderful thing! I don't want to always agree with everyone but I do hope we can all get along.

18. Hehehe.

19. Ron Paul is a true hero...dang shame some of us fans are so flaky.
    ...Glenn Beck? ...What are y'all thinking? ...Sarah Palin?!! ...Oh ye idolaters!

20. Cynthia McKinney!!!!