389 responses to “Poll: Ron Paul’s VP in 2012”

1. Christian Bagley

What about Tom Coburn? Sorry, if someone’s already suggested him.

2. jc

Would like to see the tea party movement take Ron Paul as their front man…They Dems & Reb need to get over this aggressive forign policy garbage and move this country forward.

3. Mary

Ron Paul must, once again, run as a Republican, not a Libertarian, or he will deliver us to the Democrats. (Like Perot)
    I did not pick Rand Paul because we need more like him in the House/Senate to get/keep things honest.
    I am hoping Ron Paul can keep a level head as he did before in the Primaries because, again, they will try to belittle him. He needs to laugh it off or explain things as he has done. If he “loses it” (frustrating as the powers-that-be are) he will lose for sure.
    Fingers crossed if he runs. Hope, at least, if he stays in Congress.
    I am sorry, but, I am definitely against Ms Palin.

4. Kevin

What about Bob Barr?
    And, why would anyone who supports Ron Paul support Sarah Palin?
    Anyways, I hope congressman Paul runs, chooses Gary Johnson, or Buchanan for his VP, and wins!!!!

5. Bob

He’s not on the list, but I like Mike Gravel. In 2008, he was the Democratic counter-part to Ron Paul in the Republican party. I think Paul/Gravel could unite the country and encourage people to get beyond the Democrat/Republican label game that is destroying the nation.

Check him out:

6. IdahoCowgirl

You forgot Michele Bachman. :)

7. Rylick

Paul/Napolitano is one of the few choices we really have.

Paul/Palinl ? Come on! That would be an insult for the ideas of the revolution.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 3

8. Rev.Mr.Mike

Carlos Ray “Chuck” Norris… If Reagan made President, and a pretty good one, Chuck, with his honor and strength of character would be a GREAT V.P.

1. kristofeR

Old Charlie Norris was a supporter of Mike Huckabee, Mike Huckabee was against Ron Paul – therefore Chuckie is a No No for RP VP!

9. judie

Judge Napolitano would my first choice. Sarah Palin just isn’t ready by any stretch of the imagination. She’s great for the country as she gets the public charged up and involved with the political issues, which is critical. She’s down home & real. But, she’s not ready.
    I like Gary Johnson too.

10. Walter Klockenbrink

I would like to see in the White House the tandem of Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

11. An American

My dog would make a better running mate than palin or beck.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 3

12. Robert DeCarlo

I like Judge Napolitano or Jesse Ventura best

13. Bill Holden

In Order For V.P. with Ron Paul
    Judge Napolitano
    Mitt Romney
    Michele Bachman

OR (no one has suggested but would be more realistic)

Mitt would be a shoe in if he picked Ron as his VP.

14. neopopart

Cynthia McKinney?

15. kristofeR

I have to make this comment after reading a bunch of the comments below, a lot of people down there do not seem to be true Liberty/Freedom supporters nor Ron Paul supporters to me.

Sarah Palin is one persons choice for Secretary of State – Sarah Palin, aside from being dumber than a mooses ass, is also a Neo-Con and a WAR Monger. Then there is someone who wants Mike Huckabee to be a part of the Ron Paul campaign, did you not pay attention to the Republican Primaries a couple years ago, Huckabee is Nothing Like Ron Paul, he is in favor of WARS and Occupations around the world.
    Then one person (rightfully so) criticizes Glenn Beck for being on the list, but turns around and offers up Mitt Romney? Are you kidding me, that dude made fun of Ron Paul after the Republican primary Debates.

Please, people, realize what kind of a candidate Ron Paul is, he is NOT a Neo-con, nor a WAR-Monger – Ron Paul is for PEACE, Freedom, Liberty – he is an old School Libertarian, a TRUE Libertarian.

Glan Beck, Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, these people are the complete opposite of the One and Only Ron Paul.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 1

1. kristofeR

And Guiliani? Are you kidding me?
      Again, did you Not pay attention to the Primaries, Ron Paul had to school Guiliani for saying some really ridiculous things – then Ron Paul had to give ol Rudy a stack of books to read, so he could actually have a clue about what he was saying.

I hope for Rudy’s sake, he actually read those books.

1. kristofeR

Someone who likes Rudy Guiliani cannot like Ron Paul – I am from NY, I was there under the Iron Fist of Guiliani, He is a POLICE STATE War Mongerer, Rudy is the complete opposite of Ron Paul.

2. alex

wow, man, I could not have said it better myself. these poll results seem pretty ridiculous with sarah and glenn getting 15/13 percent of the votes.

3. Diane

@kristofeR…ok, so you have delightfully smashed everyones comments, but what is your input of whom YOU think would be good choices?

16. Ed Livingston

Congressman John Duncan has consistently been right on the issues for many years, and is articulate about the principles.

17. Helge Skjeveland

How about Alan Keyes? His Constitutionalist credentials seem solid, and he’s a tremendous orator.

18. kristofeR

In response to Nina Matisse “Sarah Palin may be the worst choice! I can’t believe she is on the list!”

my response is, I cannot believe she got so many votes to be 5th place on the list – I agree with you, she shouldn’t even be on the list.

That makes me wonder about some of these so-called Ron Paul supporters, how could you vote in a WAR-Mongering chicken-hawk like Sarah Palin as Ron Paul’s VP choice?

Sarah Palin does NOT want Liberty, Nor Freedom, Nor Peace in this country.
    Alex Jones needs to be scrubbed from the list too.

I voted for Tom Woods, It was a tough decision for me, between him and Lew Rockwell and a couple others.

19. Stuart

As a New Yorker, I must ask: Why weren’t Rudy Giuliani and Michael Bloomberg mentioned? I think either one would be a great addition to the ticket.

20. The Constitution Lady

I LOVE Ron Paul. I got involved actively because of him. I would dearly love for him to be the POTUS. However in reality I think Gary Johnson would have a much better chance of becoming president. I vote for Ron Paul to remain our beloved spokesperson for freedom and “The Champion of the Constitution”.

21. Nina Matisse

Sarah Palin may be the worst choice! I can’t believe she is on the list! I vote for Joe Salatin, Dr. George Seigfried or Nick Tomaszewski. Freedom fighters for our farms, food, health and personal wealth! Now go drink some organic, unpastuerized milk and eat your permaculture vegetables and consume small amounts of grass-fed beef and have a nice day! Literally!

22. maxine cummings

I like Huckabee too

23. cyndezu

Paul/Paul 2012 Two Paul’s are better than one!

1. mildearth

That would be pretty cool!

Paging the United States, the doctors will see you now. :)

24. Kirkland T. Byars

The beast of winning the White House comes down to one thing. ENTITLEMENTS.
    The Democrats have done the best job at giving away everyone’s hard earned money so they have an upper hand on those Americans who are motivated to go cast a vote just to keep their free healthcare, free transportation, free EBT cards, free college grants, free welfare check, free social security, free prescription drugs, free alternative lifestyle support gr0up, etc. When the Democrats want to strike fear into the hearts of all the “have nots” all they do is do their hot box polling and the old folks, the immigrants, the lazy ALL show up at the polls. And they can all show up because they have nothing to do.
    If, in November, enough conservative legislators can get elected, then their first order of business should be to repeal healthcare, eliminate all the free entitlements, make illegal immigrants pack their bags, eliminate the IRS and the Fed, abolish worthless giveaway agencies and departments and hold the Congressional scumbags who take bribes to public hangings. It is simply time to give this country back to God.
    If it were me, I would choose someone who could take the Northern states, Scott Brown, gets it. The seats don’t belong to the elitists, they belong to us. Scott Brown from the North, Ron Paul from the South and West. I would also name people ahead of time who were going to fill important positions… Pat Buchanan, Secretary of State; Sarah Palin, Health and Human get off your butt Department; Dr. Bill Frist, redrawing of the Health System Czar; and finally, Jesse Ventura, Socialization of Legal Fees Chairman.

25. JJ

How about J.C. Watts? ….that would be the ticket. I voted for Ron Paul last go round and I’m voting for him again. Shoot, Dr. Paul, you should see if Dr. Savage would run with you….oh I’m just dreamin.

26. MD

Glen Beck incorporates only grains of truth while spinning hatred out of a web of lies. Sarah Palin has proven expertise not only in inciting a mob mentality, but also in placing her love of building her personal fortunes from her divisive speeches based on far from truthful rhetoric. She’s a total narcissist who wrote a book that is short of facts, and would inspire only mockery of educated, thinking people.

If you run either of the above, for kindly remove me from your mailing list immediately.

Respectfully.

27. bob barron

DON”T SPLIT THE VOTE, DEMOCRATICS WILL WIN JUST LIKE PRES. ELECTION WITH BUSH, PEROT, AND CLINTON.

Ron Paul does not need to run in 2012. All conservatives and conservative independents need to support one republican candidate. Also 2010 congressional election is too important to have a third party candidate split the vote between republicans and a new third party.

1. mildearth

Then all conservatives should be voting for the most conservative member in U.S. politics. His name is Doctor and Congressman Ron Paul.

You talk about third party candidates as if that is what Ron Paul is or would be running as.

28. Mike

This is a joke right? April fools?

1. mildearth

I must agree that many names on this list give me reason to be discouraged by the thought. I’ve heard the Congressman speak many times about who he could support or who he would run with and his proven integrity as a Congressman is also reflected in his words and ideas about who he could support or campaign with. I’m sure many names offered here would be a laugh as they are to me.

I would like to see Napolitano on the ticket as he’s shown a similar integrity and backbone to publicly talk about issues that aren’t always publicly acceptable or politically safe.

29. Drew

Every American, young and old risks losing their freedom, free speech, free market, free choice, and the freedom this country fought for if you fail to vote Ron Paul and a VP that is in the same line with Ron Paul (this is important) or you risk losing your freedom. I’m waiting for Ron Paul to talk more on this subject, then I’ll be able to decide after looking at the facts. I’m 25 and have pledged over $2,000 (not limited to) to Ron Paul. THE FACT is everyone has WOKE UP… and wants Ron Paul as president. Needless to say, I’m voting for Ron Paul 2012… I am living the American Dream, came from nothing, and made myself something at a young age… because I didn’t wine and rely on the Fed. I believe, you harm this right if you don’t vote Ron Paul! As of now, I’ve not picked a VP except he needs to have the same ‘End The Fed’ ideas, reduce gov, IRS, and things that make life harder for small businesses. Especially the FTC. The VP just needs to have the same ideas support entrepreneurs, and free market to the max.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

30. Wendi Farmer

I was looking forward to answering this poll, until I read the list of choices. This list is insulting and makes me wonder whether or not I should continue to access this site for information. Ron Paul deserves to be treated like a legitimate candidate. You just made a mockery of him.

31. Thomas

Michele Bachmann would be a better VP then any of the names listed!!

32. Garry Wood

I’ll admit that I know little about some of the people on this list, but if the list had been presented on April 1st I would have accepted it for what it is – a Joke. The role of Vice President is not a joke and should not be a gimmick the way it was treated by McCain in 2008.

I am very interested in having Ron Paul as our president not because I agree with his stance on all things, but because he does. I agree with him often enough and trust him as a real and honest man well enought to vote for him, but he no longer fits in with the current rendition of the GOP and will never be nominated no matter what we all think.

Ron! I understand your desire to remember the GOP as it was, but being the leader of this country is much more important than being a member/leader of a dead party. I know that you love this Country more than you love the GOP so let it go and move on to your calling.

33. Randy

what about Mike Huckabee???

34. Jule

I like JVentura, but trust me, you do not want him as a VP. Having lived under his governorship, there were some things he did that I really liked, others not, but the main thing, he has very little emotional control and when the going got tough for him in MN, he turned on EVERYONE. I still like him today and enjoy his perspectives in politics when he’s calm, but the guy is very much a loose cannon.

35. Wayne Fazio

Stossel or the judge. Wow what a ticket. I have no interest in twiddle dumb or twiddle dee but this ticket would get me out of my cynicism and into action!