389 responses to “Poll: Ron Paul’s VP in 2012”

1. Ann

My first choice for VP for Ron Paul would be Scott Bradley. He is running against Senator Bennett in Utah. He is a Constitutional Scholar! He was in the running to be Chuck Baldwin’s VP on the Constitution Party ticket in 2008. For any who are interested, check out his website http://www.scottbradleyforsenate.com. He has also written a book, “To Preserve The Nation”. That can be ordered at http://www.topreservethenation.com. Great Book!!

2. Deborah

Please don’t pick Sarah Palin or Pat Buchanan! I think they are both still too loyal to the Republican party to do any good. Go for a 3rd party or independent with at least some name recognition. [I realize that most people vote for a name they recognize, not substance] Where’s Alan Keyes? What’s he up to these days?

1. Matthew

why would you think someone who ran for president under the reform party and wrote a book entitled “Where the right went wrong” was still too loyal to the republican party? With all due respect deborah, i don’t think you know anything about pat buchanan.

3. Bill Bulgier

Of subject here, but the scoundrels such as Pelosi and friends must have happy feet today as Obama will get to nominate another Supreme Court Justice and the incumbent party (DEMS and RINOs) will get to confirm him/her..

Lets start demanding that a consttutionalist be placed in this important position. Yeah, Yeah, I realize those in DC who put themselves on a pedistal and let US know they know what is good for US wont listen (health care debacle comes to mind) but we must make our voice heard!!

Maybe Judge Andrew Napolitano is the right person for the job!

4. Susan Parker

Last week I only voted for one person and that was Chuck Baldwin. How can I vote for the other four names if I cannot click onto them? Can you help? Thanks.

1. Ryan

You only get one chance to vote.
      … But you can just list the names here.

5. Paladin

They don’t have who I want to see as VP, Ted Nugent.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 4 Thumb down 16

6. American

Obama received a Fulbright scholarship to Occidental College in California. This means he is a Foreigner and NOT a Natural Born Citizen. Thus every thing he has done in office is ILLEGAL. http://www.abeldanger.blogspot.com Captain Field McConnell and David Hawkin website will explain this further. If you love Liberty then I suggest you pay attention to these guys. God Bless. This is the LORD’s world and He will take it back from the Evil People running it. I will tell you whom you should fear, Fear Him who after He hath killed hath the power to destroy both body and soul in Hell. That is whom you should fear. (New Testament).

1. Forest

how many birthers does it take to change a light bulb?

Two.
      One to antagonize truth at every turn, decry victory in every defeat, misread or lie about truly epic proportions of settled case law going back hundreds of years, tie up our already overburdened court system with cackling idiocies, enjoy and exploit racism and fear for financial gain, instigate for violence towards elected public officials and root for a civil war while wating for the rapture.

The other to screw in the lightbulb.

***************************************

Q: What’s wrong with Birther jokes?
      A: Birthers don’t think they’re funny and other people don’t think they’re jokes.

***************************************

A constitutional scholar and a birther went for a walk in a meadow. As they walked, the scholar saw a dead crow lying on the ground.

The scholar said, “Look, it’s a dead crow!”

The birther looked skyward and asked, “Where?”

1. SS

When you use humor to cover for lack of factual argument it should at least be humorous.
        This stuff is a real yawner.

7. Jake Witmer

I think he should run with Zippy the pinhead, Skip McGoo, or Madonna. He should run with someone so repellant that everyone running the government actually wants him to live, lest the CIA and DEA men have their brutal way with him…

The people here who suggested the fascist leftist Huckabee should be ashamed of themselves. Don’t they notice the salient differences between Paul and the rest of congress?

8. Fred the Protectionist

Maybe Ron Paul should clone himself, then grow the extra Ron Paul at an accelerated growth rate. I’ve seen it happen on Star Trek plenty of times. Then Ron Paul could run with Ron Paul as the vice president.

9. Liberty76, Pittsburgh, PA

@Donna- Wow. I didn’t even think of Michele. IMO great choice! She learned about the Fed by attending Ron’s informational luncheons for Congresspeople where he had Tom Woods and others speak. Provides gender balance to the ticket.

10. Dave Mehlman

I voted for The Judge. Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are [...] jokes and don’t deserve to be on the same ballot as the Good Dr. Hey, that can be catchy, The Dr. and the Judge for 2012!

11. Donna

I think Michele Bachman should be on the list. She is as tough and honest as they get.

12. Don Bendit

Sarah Palin and Glen Beck are you kidding me. Sarah Palin has already quit one elected position, so she could go on a cash grab. Thats proof she can be bought. Im not even going to comment on Glen Beck he is too much of a joke. My vote would be for jesse, but he wouldnt as a republican.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

13. jenn

My vote is Ron Paul + Paul Ryan.

A NO vote to Glenn Beck.

14. M Sandoval

Ron Paul can’t change anything if he doesn’t win. Why pick a Ron Paul clone for VP…you don’t expand the ticket….or the voting base.

Ron Paul’s Presidential ticket would benefit with someone a little younger (I like Paul, but he isn’t getting younger in the next two years and it does matter for many voters), someone who has demonstrated strong character, someone who is getting a lot of media exposure, and someone who is not tainted with years of experience On The Hill.

I think Mike Huckabee makes Ron Paul’s Presidential ticket a winner.

15. Daman

It disturbs me to note that Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are ranked so highly on this list. Both, Palin and Beck are incompatible running mates, as they are not followers of Dr. Paul’s Libertarian philosophy. Sarah Palin would like to bomb Iran, and Glenn Beck often fakes being conservative to mislead the Tea Party Movement. Let it be known that Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin DO NOT represent the Tea Party Movement, because they both represent the status quo.

Ron Paul has a majority of the vote in the new CBS poll, so I do believe he has a shot at the GOP nomination, should he choose to run in 2012.

My Top 5 were: Judge Napolitano, Jesse Ventura, Pat Buchanan, Peter Schiff, and Lew Rockwell – I don’t think Lew is ranked highly enough either.

Join the group on FACEBOOK, entitled “Sarah Palin is NOT the Voice of the Tea Party Movement”!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 1

16. Gio

Hey Guys……have you ever hear this guy in action???

Ron paul should run with this guy. Check him in action please.Here:His name is Gary ackerman

17. John Carlson

No Neo-”cons” please and no more new world order Bushites either!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

18. Stanley Britt

My God people!…The choice is so obvious…I believe Ron Paul could work with this man even though they have had their differences in the Iraq War…Mike Huckabee and his Fair Tax supporters make him the BEST and really ONLY choice for the United States of America…Talk about a Revolution!!!

19. ralph a kern

Sir;
    alan keys is taking orders from the pope. sorry, God bless…

20. Dee Saale

I am thinking Ron Paul/Paul Ryan ticket would be fab! Love Glenn Beck but he is too smart to run.Sorry guys its true!He makes a difference just where he is.

1. Mike

I laughed out loud to that ! But, its the darn truth. Glenn Beck is a good guy, and he would make a great filler for this position, but then there would be no more of his show! He does a great job, at what he does. He is POLITIC smart, as well as brain smart. I voted Ron Paul/Glenn Beck, because i believe combining these 2, our country, would be a 10x better place. Our economy will work itself out in time, but the sooner the better. But of course, this is all in my personal view of OPINION. Ron Paul, will get my vote. We can’t (Americans) can’t just think about ourselves, but we have to think of others. Will he be the best choice for war, the economy, ect. . Now, as for Obama, he is a very, very great speech giver. But sometimes, words just aren’t enough.

21. Harry

I would like to see Ron Paul and Allan Keys run together.

22. Bondurant

I can’t believe there are people out there that think Ron Paul should run with Sarah Palin or Glenn Beck. That’s just plain crazy.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 28 Thumb down 0

23. Ken

How is Lew Rockwell not near the top of this list?

24. Mike Vaupel

Max Keiser, Gerald Celente, Mike Hudson would all be great VP’s!!

25. Jake Witmer

Sarah Palin had her chance. She sat in the highest seat of power and did not
    1) Pardon her friend Frank Turney for the crime of speaking in public about jury rights. This was the most important pro-freedom case in years, IN ALASKA, verdict pronounced before she became governor. She could have expunged his record, and defeated the Alaska “jury tampering” law (which outlaws political speech outside of courthouses!!! –So much for the First Amendment!)
    2) She could have pardoned all the drug offenders, gun offenders, and other victimless crime “criminals”. She failed to do so.
    3) She could have lobbied tirelessly for John Coghill’s jury rights amendment. Instead, she resigned her post. Duhhhr.
    4) She’s a war salesman, who tries to associate support for individual freedom with America’s toxic war for the reserve bankers.
    5) She talked up a bloated corpse of statism (McCain) while she was on the VP campaign trail. All she needed to do was convince his sorry ass to oppose the bailouts, and the election would have been his, in a landslide.

She had her chance, her second chance, and her fifty-sixth chance, and she failed us all. She might be a really nice lady, but that has no bearing on her political career. Further she was tacked on to McCain to prevent open rebellion in the “GOP” to prevent everyone with a set of balls from deserting them in 2008.

If Palin has any support in the freedom movement, it simply shows the extent to which the freedom movement doesn’t care about freedom. This discredits the idea of individual freedom, just as “S&L bailout-deficit-spending” Reagan did.

When someone champions individual freedom as the solution, and then does nothing to act towards individual freedom, they are terrible enemies of individual freedom.

To a large extent, all of these politicians are doing that. Perhaps the least toxic among them should run for office as our “extended olive branch”. We don’t want to rush into violent rebellion. However, according to Ayn Rand, we should already be engaged in full-scale violent retaliation, because they have denied us the right to “certain speech”.

We no longer have free speech, so how can we have honest debate?

I’ve never seen someone from the DEA or BATFE debate anyone, much less win. But they do threaten people, continuously.

Jury tampering is illegal now, due to a 2007 change to Title 18. Nobody asked me, they just changed it. That means that effective political speech against any law is now illegal. Ineffective speech is still tolerated.

Even Ventura doesn’t understand jury rights, or if he does, he doesn’t talk about them. Ron Paul allegedly understands them, but doesn’t talk about them either, and doesn’t encourage nullification.

I suspect that these people choose to be ineffective so that the full wrath of the USgov is not turned against them.

The freedom movement is pathetic. The Libertarian Party is full of infiltrators and donors who could not care less where their dollars go. Seemingly, none of them has ever read a book on strategy in their lives.

Our children are going to curse us for dabbling in freedom and playing in deception and tyranny.

I actually think that Ian Freeman might make the best choice for VP. At least he understands the concept of jury rights.

Not sure if he’s the minimum age though.. LOL.

-Jake

1. Bead Stallcup

Hi Jake,

I like a man that has done his research and keeps real tabs on details about some of these two-faced politicians, like Sarah Palin.

But, I say Ron Paul for US President 2012!

Bead

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 1

26. longshotlouie

CBS Poll: Who do you want to be the Republican presidential nominee in 2012?

Ron has a slight lead so far

27. Carol

I come from the left so am interested in RP’s stance against unnecessary war, civil liberty abuses like the patriot act and torture.

I vehemently disagree with him on drilling oil and pillaging our earth and wildlife in order to drive SUVs. However, because no other politician is against war .and. no other politician is quite as principled (except Kucinich), my vote would still go to RP.

I like Buchanan because of his view on “free” trade and tariffs (which i believe in). My FIRST choice however is, and always will be, Dennis Kucinich. In every democratic primary i have _always_ voted for him. My only disagreement with Kucinich is his views on immigration (i’d like to see all immigration end, a wall built, and those illegals in this country and their anchor babies escorted back to their home countries). THEREFORE, the combination of Paul’s anti-amnesty views and Kucinich’s view on “fair” trade, would, imo, be the perfect union.

1. mildearth

This is a slightly older video but still has Congressman Paul speaking to the question of whether he would consider running with Kucinich. There are but a small few that have represented the people for as long as these two men have that have not sold themselves out to the lobbyists. This truth is evident in both of their stance on aggressive and never ending war.

I know some people just want to blame the liberals or they think that Kucinich sold out because he signed on with this healthcare plan. I get emails from Kucinich congressional office because I write to my representatives and sometimes that adds you to receive emails back. Mr. Kucinich put out a very touching message after he did sign to pass this healthcare plan that you could probably find online if you wanted to read it. We are all just people TRYING to do the best we can.

Here is Kucinich answering a similar question.

1. Carol

thank you!!!

I’ve seen the video where Kucinich said he would choose Ron Paul, but I did not see the video of Ron Paul’s openness to Dennis Kucinich. This is a video to save and put forward: thank you!!!!!

And, yes, I agree with you: no two congressmen are as principled as those two, and I deeply respect both.

1. mildearth

I believe what you have said is true Carol, this type of left/right breakdown could really win the ticket and stir up the establishment. Lets elect the true Statesmen!

28. Bill Bulgier

I would suggest someone who has shown with action and not rhetoric what they are made of, Rep. Michele Bachmann comes to mind. Judge Andrew Napolitano would be good but he would be much better as the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court or a least a justice. Jesse Ventura, are you kidding me? Ditto for Sarah Palin, she is party politics as usual. She claims to be grass roots and then comes to Arizona to campaign for John McCain. Glenn Beck, he was opposed to Ron and has even taken credit (from Palin) on his show as being the only one to expose the FED.

29. Alex

Paul/Gravel 2012!

30. Nigel

My choice of VP would be Kevin MacDonald of the Third Position Party.

Otherwise, I’d choose Tom Tancredo.

1. Fred the Protectionist

Tancredo voted for the trillions in bank bailouts, and he’s for NAFTA/WTO/etc. he’s a 1-issue wonder.

31. Kavenger

Ron Paul for pres and Jesse Ventura vice pres. and we’d have America back

32. ian

no way would i vote for ron paul if alexj ones were his running mate…..

33. ralph a kern

Shalom;
    I mentioned once that ben stein should be the economic expert for vp, but my second choice would be n.gingretch.
    thanks and God bless…

1. Joe Corrao

Hahaha…you forgot to put the smiley face in at the end so we know u are pulling our legs

34. geezer

If tv is the indicator for raising “the Judge” to such a level then my vote is for John Stossel. Libertarianism needs to be put in the mainstream over both parties that rule our poltical landscape.

It’s horrific to think that we must elect another republican to set this trend in reverse. The only thing that will accomplish a reversal to the waste that is govt is to allow it to fail. My suggestion is to pull back and live off of as little as possible… contribute as little as possible to the beast that is govt. If we starve the beast it will implode and we can pick up the pieces and start again with what the founders truely intended.

1. Joe Corrao

the Judge is a Constitutional expert not a talking head….counts for more than being a TV personality

35. Joe Corrao

Voted for The Judge, but in general its kind of a silly poll..Glenn Beck? Sarah Palin?…come on now people.