Election 2012: Barack Obama 42%, Ron Paul 41%

Ron Paul can beat Barack Obama in 2012, according to the latest Rasmussen poll: If the elections were held today, Obama would gain 42% of the vote compared to Paul’s 41% – statistical dead heat. Among independents, Paul has an astonishing 47% to 28% edge over the president.

The difficult part may be getting the GOP nomination: Only 66% of GOP voters say they would support Ron Paul even if he wins the nomination. But there’s still potential for improvement: 49% of GOP voters are still not sure whether Ron Paul shares the values of most Republicans throughout the nation.

Time to spread the message!

Election 2012: Barack Obama 42%, Ron Paul 41%

Pit maverick Republican Congressman Ron Paul against President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election match-up, and the race is – virtually dead even.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of likely voters finds Obama with 42% support and Paul with 41% of the vote. Eleven percent (11%) prefer some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided.

Obama earns 79% support from Democrats, but Paul gets just 66% of GOP votes. Voters not affiliated with either major party give Paul a 47% to 28% edge over the president.

Twenty-six percent (26%) of GOP voters think Paul shares the values of most Republican voters throughout the nation, but 25% disagree. Forty-nine percent (49%) are not sure.

Read the full poll results at Rasmussen.com

1. Very good post! We are linking to this great post on
    our website. Keep up the good writing.

2. What I have seen in terms of computer memory is there are technical specs such as SDRAM, DDR and so forth, that must fit in with the specs of the mother board. If the computer's motherboard is reasonably current and there are no operating-system issues, updating the storage space literally normally takes und best reseller hosting | cpanel reseller |

3. If Ron Paul does what he say. He will be not only a great president of United States, but also a great example for all (Americans and all foreigners kids and adults),on worthy peace living life.

Ron Paul,

We are all with you!!

4. Ron Paul will make the right decisions to place America on the RIGHT TRACK.
    We need Ron Paul to Stop all the Wars. Ten years in Afghanistan is enough.. we do not need to occupy the country. Just keep some intelligence behind the scene.
    Bring Troops home from Iraq & Afghanistan.

Do not bomb any muslim country, this is creating more enemies. Civilians killed in US bombing tend to be against us. Do not try to occupy another muslim country for their oil resources, just switch to an alternative energy gradually. Electric cars are already available. Compressed gas technology has already proven to drive vehicles.

Stop importing consumer goods from other countries, specially China. Place import duties on imported goods to drive the prices up in the begining. Start manufacturing everything at home (US) this will create jobs, solve the unemployment problem. Once people are working, the economy will get better. Give manufacturer incentives to start factories in the US, tax incentives, low or no interest loans.

Our problem is too much money is spent for defence, I mean fighting wars and no returns, only destruction and creating enemies.

I can go on and on.. but there is no time now.. Just want USA to do the right thing and be a leader of the world once again that others can look up to.. God Bless America!!

5. I am 100% behind Ron Paul, I think he we actually take action on important issues.

6. This is wonderful news, we should do all we can to spread such news because it's not receiving mainstream media coverage. One idea would be to write letters to the editor of our local papers highlighting such information to open peoples eyes as to how much traction he really has.

7. http://www.kittycatchats.com/search/label/Political

Obama and 2012 , another 4 years? I would be concerned and if I were to predict say buy oil futures and you will make a fortune since if this happens the only way the price of oil is going is up fueled by all the hot air being expelled.

8. Voting Ron Paul would be like a summer stroll in the park. We might even get more parks. Audit the Fed and support Ron Paul and re-instating Glass-Steagall.

9. If americans don't take a stand we r going to lose this country. We need a new president the one we have is not for our country. He scares me for real. Americans need not to vote for him again we need to throw him out he needed to be impeached he's not a american. Look at what has happened to our country since he has bein president he's put us in jeopardy. I hope americans don't vote for him at all. Good bye obhama barak

• I blame congress, they have been bought. They cannot even stop a president form going to war without consent of people. Clinton, Bush and Obama all have done nothing to reduce the national debt.

No, it's not Obama's fault, he's not a messiah that Americans wish they had. LOL. He's just one man in Washington.

The real problem is the addiction to credit money by government and the people, fueled by the FED's banks. Money is printed by the billions, literally by the truck load, put it airplanes, and shipped to national banks in America to loan out and charge interest on. Bonds and bills are issued to other countries who agree to loan America money so they can in turn purchase good from them. The banks attempt to make proffits and "help" people and businesses by giving them credit, in many cases though credit is issued without proper restraint and way too much money is put out for the wrong reasons. If the money ain't backed goods there is always inflation which eats away at your savings when you try to spend it. The government is being bought by bankers and are at their mercy for every dollar they print.

10. I must agree that Hannity seems to be in favor of communism the republican way instead of communism the Democrat way. If he truly fears Communism he needs to understand that many Paul supporters would just as soon see Obama back in as to see Mitt Romney. And you are right that Romney has supported basically a similar plan as Obama. No way would I vote for Romney. Give me Obama instead; at least I know what Obama is about. Vote Ron Paul

11. I appreciate everything that Fox News does by way of informing us as to what Democrats are doing. But I highly disagree with their bias in favor of Republicans.
    Hannity is inconsistent in dealing with Wann. Fox News defends Republican policies even when those policies are leading us into communism.

Ron Paul has consistently voted for the things he promised to vote for. His ideas on foreign policies I completely agree with. If the Republicans really want to sweep the Democrats then they had better stay clear of the Bush mentality that has involved us in unnecessary conflict and wars. I have been involved at last in local politics and we have been quite successful in accomplishing some great changes in local government where I live.

I can promise you that if we go the direction of Romney or Palin we will continue to have the same problems we have had with the Democrats.

I will not vote Democrat. I will no longer support the Republican Party if they continue to place Romney and Palin before us. If we want a productive change in government and a return of Authority back into the hands of the States there is only one choice! That's it. If Fox News doesn't wake up to this fact I can guarantee that Republicans will not win back anything. If Paul isn't a candidate then millions of otherwise voters will not vote at all. I am one of them. And all that I can influence will go the same direction. Both Parties are removing our freedoms. Ron Paul has consistently fought this movement for at least 30 years. I will vote for Ron Paul and no other.

• If you are against Palin I insist you give the reasons. I say if Ron Paul likes her, and it seems he does, than I will back her, which I do. I don't want her for president but any other position will be fine.

12. To Frank:
    I want to say that I am in the age range you are talking about. I am fairly liberal mid twenty year old from the San Francisco Bay Area. I did vote for Obama, but not before voting for Ron Paul in the republican primaries. I am a registered Republican despite being very anti Bush because I wanted to vote for Ron Paul to be a candidate. I voted for Obama because I was very afraid that McCain and Palin would just go to war (The singing of "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" did not help) and seemed to be pushing a hard line conservative message a little too hard. I think you will actually find a huge following for Ron in the younger age ranges. I know many young people who agree with so many of Ron Paul's stances on foreign policy, taxes, and economy because we get hit by this stuff the hardest. We do not have big savings or property and we work at lower wages as we are just getting into the job markets, and we have big time college loans to pay off. I am thankfuk I kept myself out of consumer credit debt as well.
    Ron Paul is a hero to many younger voters actually. He represents what we really want. I think a lot of older voters don't realize that we only like Obama MORE than most other politicians, but Paul may be the one guy who is LOVED by the internet generation. Look up Ron Paul on youtube, and you will come across a lot of goofy love for him. I really hope that Dr. Paul runs as a candidate no matter what party accepts him. I believe everyone should have the freedom to live as they choose, but I also want government to stop taking so much of my money for wars that I don't agree with and for helping out financial institutions that I actually hate...We clearly need reform and Obama really is just another President. He is no anti christ or anything so dramatic, just another typical politician who is more concerned about poll points that actually changing policy. I think that is apparent to everyone and the only candidate who has the credibility to say anything different is Dr. Paul.

Whether repulican or independent, please run Dr. Paul. You will have a huge turn out from young people from all walks of life. If there is one candidate who can bring all Americans together, it is you.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

13. Ron Paul is UNCORRUPTABLE, a True American Patriot, the last of a dying breed of American Elected Officials who stands for the desire to DEFEND the CONSTITUTION and PUT the BEST INTERESTS of his contry above the Interests of those seek to DESTROY that America stands. Ron Paul does not Support America WAR against people that DID NOT ATTACK America on 9/11.

BBC Investigative Documentary on Al Qaeda

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-hYorNi0nA&feature=player_embedded#

"The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity representing the 'devil' only in order to drive the TV watcher to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism. The country behind this propaganda is the US . . ." --

Former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook

"Ana raicha Al Qaeda" is colloquial for "I'm going to the toilet". A very common and widespread use of the word "Al-Qaeda" in different Arab countries in the public language is for the toilet bowl. This name comes from the Arabic verb "Qa'ada" which mean "to sit", pertinently, on the "Toilet Bowl". In most Arabs homes there are two kinds of toilets: "Al-Qaeda" also called the "Hamam Franji" or foreign toilet, and "Hamam Arabi" or "Arab toilet" which is a hole in the ground. Lest we forget it, the potty used by small children is called "Ma Qa'adia" or "Little Qaeda".
    So, if you were forming a terrorist group, would you call yourself, "The Toilet"?

14. My feeling are that the rate Obama is taking over everything we own, that this November will be too late to stop him, and as far as the 2012 election's goes, I just don't think any nomonee has a chance aginst Obama of kicking him out of the white house, It's these damm 18 to 40 year olds who will put him right back in office again, I personally have nothing against Ron Paul, but it's the colledge age kid's that love Obama, and despise Ron Paul, or even Mitt Rommey. I feel that Obama will be the president until 2016, isn't that a scary thought

• That's just not the way I see it.
      It's true that colleges don't teach the Constitution any more than grade schools do.
      But I feel a great need to Audit the Fed and don't think Obama will fulfill his first term.

15. In Paul we trust :)

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

16. Numbers are JUST numbers though. As much as I really want Paul to run in 2012, and as much as I HOPE that he would win... I have to remind myself of the recent show I saw with Sean Hannity where he just asked his audience (conservatives mostly) to clap for their favorite candidate, and to only clap for one candidate. Well, when he called Ron Paul's name, ONE (that's one) person, a female, screamed at the top of her lungs, while everyone else seemed to chuckle. I don't get it. Is he really perceived as some kind of wacko? The next Ross Perot? I don't understand why! The tea party people are wackos too right? So anyone that's against bigger government is a wacko?

17. Here's your chance to show Dr. Paul some love at TIME.com

18. Funny, yesterday I ordered just out of the blue a couple of books by Ron Paul. I've seen him a few times on television in some extended interviews. I'm independent and believe in the possibility of one America again in which we can all try to tolerate each other. We need that so bad and I'm tired of the hatred between the parties. It just breeds illogical fear which I refuse to live by. Ron seems fearless, honest, and with some very excellent ideas. I look forward to reading and hearing more.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

19. Ron Paul is about the only decent politician in the U.S. goverment. He has my vote. Hopefully he will be able to resist all the temptations and pressures that the Illuminatis will put on him.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0