13 responses to “Ron Paul Introduces Homeowner Tax Credit Extension and Expansion Act”

1. lpn training ON

Fantastic post, you have pointed out some amazing details , I besides believe this s a very great website.

2. Credit Repair

Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a comparable one and i was just curious in case you get a great deal of spam feedback? If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you'll be able to suggest? I get so a lot lately it is driving me mad so any support is quite a lot appreciated.

3. tworzenie oprogramowania

I discovered your weblog website on google and examine just a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the superb operate. I just extra up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. In search of forward to reading more from you afterward!…

4. wayfarer

Outstanding read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I located it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

5. Kevin

But a tax credit helps people buy a home with their own money. Its just the Gov giving you back money they should not have taken in the first place. Good move by Ron Paul.

6. Eyes Wide Open

First time home buyer tax credit has been great. It has helped my sister and brother both purchase small starter homes in affordable areas. They were able to move from our parents home, start their own lives, begin buying furniture, food, paying for utilities, buying dog food, turning the American machine? Is this not the great American ideal that all you conservatives bellyache about getting back? The one Obama is apparently stealing from you? Think young again, even if it hurts.

The GI's who came home after WWII sure appreciated a break. They built most of the suburbs you all run your Macbooks from with Government Aid.

7. Gavshire Hathaway

Pathetic. This is a counterproductive proposal, and Ron Paul will lose my support if he continues down this ruinous path.

Let house prices correct to sustainable levels. As a potential buyer, there is nothing I'd like less than to "qualify" for a ponzi tax credit. Furthermore, please keep the government out of the mortgage market as well.

I do not care to be a debt slave for life, Mr. Paul.

8. wunsacon

If we actually want to help poor people, just give them some friggin money like we gave the bankers. "Two wrongs don't make a right", you say? When you're talking about giving money away, what's important is *parity*. You can't take the banker's dollar back from his pocket but you can reduce its purchasing power by giving the same amount to everyone else. Similarly, we can't take back the money we gave to Fannie/Fraudy bondholders (at home and abroad), but we can give away money to everyone else and thereby reduce the purchasing power of that FF bailout money.

In contrast, encouraging poor people to become debt slaves (by buying an expensive, possibly depreciating asset worth many years of income) is irresponsible.

And, if there is anything I agree with libertarians about, it's the idea that our government should get the heck out of the housing market. So, again, is this headline a joke?

9. wunsacon

>> Ron Paul Introduces Homeowner Tax Credit Extension and Expansion Act

Is this a joke? I'm still not sure. Are there two politicians named "Ron Paul" ?

10. Steve Ramsey

Extension of the first time buyers tax credit has to be done to help lower income Americans and to shore up this sinking economy. Hopefully, partisan politics will be set aside, though I sincerely doubt it.

11. Bottomline

A flat tax would be a good start to have our fiscal houses in order so the debt won't be as severe as it is now!

12. MC Hammerabi

I'm no ideologue personally, but this action would seem to be contradictory to the Austrian Economic Model. According to Austrian Economist, at least as far as I gather, government intervention creates market distortions, which lead to consequences that are both unintended and ultimately counterproductive.

It's fascinating that on these message boards how most Ron Paul supporters are defending this action. If it were Barney Frank introducing the same idea, I wonder if Ron Paul supporters would react the same way?

13. Citizen

A continuation of the Tax Credit is a great incentives and might further help absorb all that Over Built housing however....

Tax reform where everyone pays (Fair Tax in lieu of progressive Income Tax) along with sound money (no more Fractional Reserve Banking) would be a GREAT START toward a Fiscally Responsible Government.

Right now we have Political Spend Thrifts who are clueless about real wealth and public responsibility.