Should Ron Paul run for President in 2012?

This poll is now closed. It was open from June 9 to July 10. The results are as follows:

Should Ron Paul run for President in 2012?

• Yes. (94%, 17,724 Votes)
  • No. (3%, 640 Votes)
  • I don’t know. (1%, 191 Votes)
  • It depends. (explain below) (2%, 327 Votes)

Total Voters: 18,882

1. I am an independent who leans to the left only because I feel the people propping up the Republican Party care more about corporate interest than genuine American progression. However, I think if Mr. Paul could keep his and his buddies hands out of the corporate cookie jar, then he would be the best leader this country could have by a huge margin. He would be a two-term president, a lot of Democrats would become Republicans, and I would have my faith restored in the American system.

2. Ron Paul MUST run in 2012. If he doesn't run, we're sc***d. Its scary what is out there, fighting to get into the White House. I think Ron Paul is not interested in the power but he is genuinely interested in improving his country. Ron Paul is a true American, in the most positive way, in the way America became the great nation it was, but is no more. He's our modern day Abe Lincoln or George Washington. He is the only one I can think of who deserves his seat in congress.

Unfortunately I don't have voting rights, although I spent 90% of my life in the U.S. I am worried about the future of 'my' country. I think Ron Paul is the only hope left for America. His understanding of foreign policy is also excellent, a very important quality for a politician and which few in Washington possess.

Americans have to be extremely cautious who they vote for next. The U.S. will become a third world country within the next 30 years if people are not careful, and don't make more effort to understand what the candidate they vote for stand for.

On that note, I simply can't believe I am supporting a republican!...

3. We would like to have Ron Pauls Yard Sins, please. We are for Ron and he is all that we have left to stop this Gov.

4. Ron, America needs you, we need a nation that upholds the constitution and doesnt keep secrets from the people. With the last 2 disasters in the house and now Obongo, our nation needs some major work. Your popularity really is increasing. With you in the office, how can we fail?

5. Ron Paul,

Get your act together! The World NEEDS YOU!! The world and America need a president who walks his talk and NOT one who promises people to do certain things, only to realize afterwards that he does the exact opposite, like we have it now.

My mother always told me,

"Be a man of actions, not just of words..." and I know that YOU are such a man!
    You're honest and you fight for peoples' rights, instead of being a puppet by the corrupt bankers cartel who stands behind of the past governments.

The world needs a REVOLUTION, a revolution of LOVE and Ron Paul is the man!

6. If i were you i´d vote for Ron Paul, i´d like to have someone like him in my country, Spain, but all our politicians are less intelligent than a fly and they don´t have principles.

Be intelligent, don´t trust anyone and vote what you think is better for your country not what is better for you, keep yourself reported, listen to the candidates, watch their videos on internet, read about them and think about your government´s behaviour during the last decades... i´m afraid it´s too late for us but you ´re still in time... keep awake!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 17 Thumb down 0

7. This should be a shoe-in. Congressman Paul is exactly what real Republicans and real-moderate middle of the road Democrats want but noone in those parties will have the guts to nominate him or elect him since most people vote like drones

• fred the protectionist

Libertarians are not Real Republicans, they stand for the exact opposite of what Real Republicans stand for. Go back to the Democratic Party, slaver and pervert.

• @fred the protectionist - So what you are saying then is that "Real Republicans" advocate the revocation of individual freedoms and liberty, big government, and a welfare state? Libertarianism is advocacy for individual liberty, minimal Federal Government, strong state governments, and is considered to be centrist politically therefore neither republican nor democrat. This philosophy coincides with what George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Alexander Hamilton, Benjamin Franklin and so many other of our Founding Fathers believed in. Thus, by your own declaration, "Real Republicans" are against every principle this country was founded on. If I were you, I'd be careful where I went trolling.

8. I believe that to restore our republic we will have to start by getting involved with our local communities. Although Ron Paul would represent the Executive Branch beautifully. We have to take back our local precincts, revoke the 17th amendment and get our states sovereign again. Without the strength to nullify the Federal government and whittle it down to size, Ron Paul will not have much to represent. This would mean everyone would have to turn off their T.V's and get to know their neighbors. Washington should be answering to our Independent States, not the other way around. Take responsibility, organize and nullify unconstitutional laws or lose your liberty and property. They will take it, even with Ron Paul as President.