253 responses to “Should Ron Paul run for President in 2012?”

1. Rick Sheldon

Matthew:
    Since when are we talking about principle? Why do you believe Ron Paul would give in to the establishment , or to the special interest? I don’t believe he would! If all those who were fed up with the Dems and Repubs voted for Ron Paul plus the Libertarians such as yourself, and the Independents we would have a trusted President who would not owe the special interests, big corporations, big oil, etc. anything but honesty and fairness. We would have our Constitution and Representative Republic back. Unless this is done this way, we are sure to lose our country. I am interested in results.

2. Patrick Connolly

The Libertarians and Republicans need to vote for the same man or woman. If we divide our votes then Obama could win on minority vote and were done. We must stay united to save Liberty and freedom. If not for us, for our children. Think about it Republican/ Libertarian 60%, divided 39% and 21% leaves Obama at 41%. Our only hope to take the country peacefully is by uniting.

God Bless and In God we trust.

Patrick

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

3. Matthew

Ron Paul needs to run as a Libertarian.

This would be the real change that Obama promised. I’m sorry, but voting for Ron Paul as he runs as a Republican is voting for the Republican party (an all their interests) which would put too much influence on how Paul governs his office.

Come back to the Libertarian Party, please, Dr. Paul.

1. B.D.Harper

How do you figure?
      Ron Paul has never blindly sided with the republican party.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

4. Bob Tallon

He should run the bottom line is even if he gets 75% of the vote he will not be allowed to be president it does not work that way anymore but it would be worth it to send a stronger message. Wall Street the Congress , Senate , Banking, Corporate
    would never allow the American people to put in a canidate to represent them in a power position. It is foolish to even entertain that the political process allows citizen representation. Sorry folks as much as I would like to see him president it would never be allowed. Sarah Palin could make it she can be bought and sold, power would allow her to be president.

5. Rick

I would like to see Ron Paul as our next president. I am a practical person and therefore believe Ron Paul should run as a Conservative Republican. The last independent I voted for got us/me Clinton.. I believe the Independents, the Libritarians, the followers of Tea Party are strong enough to put the right people on the Republician ticket… Only then will we be able to take back our country.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

6. richard steward

I would vote for Mr. Paul if he were to change his stance on the war against terrorism, and depending whom is running against him. No way in hell will i vote for the current administration. And it depends on who the GOP back. Pawlenty&Rubio would be a winning ticket

7. Francis

Of course , if it were up to me alone, I would put Ron Paul in the president’s office immediately; however, it is not up to me. Here are the unfortunate facts (which belong to the American people):
    Because of his mannerisms….looks, speech,voice…..all of which the American people concentrate on too much, he won’t win. Ron’s camp needs to pick a dedicated , true clone of Ron who looks like Clarke Gable or James Dean and who can speak with a beautiful voice. Actually, Rand Paul would do, I believe.
    This point is serious….not a joke because this is why Ron was not elected.

1. Scott

Ron is not electable because of his politics; which are totally not what the establishment will ever want to come to fruition. It is not because of his looks and speech being the reason even though to the majority of shallow minded voters this may be an issue just like a myriad of others, from health care to abortion. Ron knows his mission and that is to wake the populace up. He can’t do that by being one of 400+ Congressmen making one-liners to the press. If he really wanted to be merely ‘electable’ he would have sold out many of his principles long ago, but his 20+ year congressional voting record truly shows his very, very rare honest, liberty minded, consistent, and constitutional ethics. If the USA had a 100 million of him with his drive, ethics, and libertarian knowledge, this country would be the envy of the world economically and once again truely FREE!

2. B.D.Harper

To the contrary, people thought Obama was some kind of messiah. I mean, he’s attractive, well spoken, seemingly “has a plan” and delivers campaign slogans like he’s been training for years.

They won’t vote on looks next time. They’ll vote on issues like health care, deficit spending, and war, and increasingly we’re becoming interested in the honesty and integrity of our candidates. This will give Paul a tremendous leg up – Obama has fallen through on everyone one of his promises – the Democrats hardly even like the guy anymore, because he hasn’t fulfilled his promises to them.
      Face it, the ticket in the general election is going to be Obama (D), and Paul (R).
      Obama can talk all the game he wants, but people are going to look at what they’ve done, not what they’ve said. They said before about Obama, “He hasn’t really done anything yet, let’s give him a chance.” When they see he hasn’t done anything after four years at the highest office in the U.S. they’ll no longer have that excuse.

8. Linda Bell

Corruption is so horrific in D.C. Ron Paul would not even stand a chance. What are people thinking of. There is no way he would even have a slim chance of changing ANYTHING. Come on…he has said on numerous occasions that giving talks around the country is the best way to reach the people.

9. Kale R.

This poll is stupid, as were the last ‘Should Ron run for President’ polls. The results here are obviously going to show a huge number of positive votes.. this is like me putting a poll on cheeseburger.com asking if you like cheeseburgers.

Don’t get me wrong, I voted yes and totally support Ron Paul.. but I mean, who else is honestly taking this poll seriously?

1. B.D.Harper

I like the discussion it inspires.

10. David

Well I want to see Ron Paul for our president in 2012 as well, for the simple reason that he is the single and only one in our political system who has come out on the right side of freedom on every issue, and for the benefit of the American People. The simple fact of the matter is though, that unless we as a population take this matter into our own hands and take some tangible mass action to make this happen, we will have no more chance of voting for him in 2012 than we did the last time around. This is simply due to the fact that the American political system is owned and controlled lock stock and barrel by America’s banking system and anyone who thinks that we actually have a democracy here is an absolute fool. Yeah, you all get to vote, but they choose who you can vote for, and short of mass action by America’s entire population this is not going to change, ever !.

I was watching the straw polls prior to the last presidential election and Ron Paul was coming in with over 40% of the popular support, which was more than 3 times that of any of the other candidates. The Republican party knew full well that if they had run him for president they would have won the greatest landslide victory in American history, with full control of both the senate and congress. The Republican party was told by the banks however that they were going to throw the election rather than let him run, and that’s exactly what they did, and with the Banks manipulation of the media during the presidential debates, most of the sheep were not even aware he was a candidate even though he hung in right till the very end.

A country and economy simply cannot sustain itself when the majority of its productive effort is being bled off by parasites who contribute nothing to it, and it has long been past the point where they are consuming our sustenance faster than we can create it. Short of mass action by America’s population to destroy America’s banking system and restore a government and economic system by and for the people, America will not survive beyond the next couple of years, if we even have that long. Until this is done, everything else which is being discussed here is a moot point, and if anyone here actually wants to elect Ron Paul for our president, and does not want to wake up homeless in the land that their fathers conquered within the next very short while, then this has to be accomplished first, and you will have to do it as the politicians “they” elected on your behalf never will.

We’re trying to get something like this organized on the sound money blog, so if anyone agrees, then get on there and help is try to make it happen. Contribute if you like, and if not, then just scroll back through the many posts there and start forwarding the ones you like to the people on your email lists and let them circulate. Once people have been exposed to enough information that they have figured out whats been done to them, we can propose a plan of action.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 2

1. fred the protectionist

“I was watching the straw polls prior to the last presidential election and Ron Paul was coming in with over 40%…”

Just like 2007 straw polls.

11. TDizzle

I say don’t run. Continue to be the influence you are. Keep the pressure on.

1. B.D.Harper

Presidents are able to create more pressure through addressing the congress. They don’t have their time nearly as limited, and can basically drone on with political speak forever. He wouldn’t do this, but just the ability to address issues to congress directly at length and be nationally televised and listened to by most people would help tremendously.

12. Ross

Ron,
    I had my doubts a year ago,but now is your time. You are but of a few who have the integrity,courage and wisdom to stop this insanity.We are headed for a global war unless people like you, take the reins and stop these lunatics driven by an egotisical lust for power.

Meglomanics like Hitler abound across all societies.They are nothing special.They will destroy themselves and us to achieve their aims.

We must all stand up and stop these madmen from creating war and chaos.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 1

13. jim

Just my 2 cents from afar. I’d like to see Ron Paul run again. I posted before I’d like to see Ralph Nader as his running mate. I got voted down on that idea on a previous blog. But hear me out. He is a progessive that believes in the constitution and doesn’t believe in foreign intervention. He doesn’t believe in goverment subsidies. He is totally against the FED. In the big areas they are generally the same. (I know healthcare is a big exception. But if you listen to Ralph talk there is no BS … same as our main man Dr. Paul. And he also speaks using historical instances as examples. He too is an educated morally centered man.)

With this ticket the Bill Maher’s of the world couldn’t be screaming,”RIGHT WINGED, TEA BAGGING, CHRISTAIN, CAPITILALIST KOOKS” all the time. And both could browbeat anyone they had to debate. It’d be fun to watch.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 17 Thumb down 2

1. fred the protectionist

Apparently you haven’t been watching the Rachel Maddow show, on Rand Paul.

You know, the lesbian on MSNBC? MSNBC….2 girls going at it…

14. Adam Pearlstein

There are so many hypocrites on here. You don’t even get the philosophy, if all you want to do is smoke pot and be safe then move to the Netherlands. You do not understand the principles of liberty. Don’t silence anyone, don’t tell them how to think. Ron Paul is my hero, and being a unquestionably loyal fan is contradictory to the philosophy. Question authority, and question those questioning authority. Because that is the message. A beleif in ideas, not people.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 26 Thumb down 1

15. Adam Pearlstein

We need to vote strategically. Keep the establishment in office, let them freeze spending, let them raise taxes, let them fail in their search for empire. Then big government, and socialism will get the same reputation communism has today. Vote on history. If Ron Paul is in office, then the natural correction the economy so desperately needs WILL be blamed on too much liberty. Suffocate the establishment! Do you think Spectar was expecting to get reelected? They want to leave office! Suffocate the establishment at their own game.

For Liberty

1. Citizen

Adam,

Evil wins when good men do nothing!!! We can not afford to let them hang themselves, they will hand us with them.

Suicide Politics with Barack the O’Bomber as fearless leader.

1. Adam Pearlstein

To Citizen,

Fair Enough. I couldnt agree more. Promoting liberty does a number on you though, its all I think about, and sometimes it gets so frustrating you want to just say to people. “ok, I’m wrong, have fun.” But your right its not worth giving up the fight for. Imagine arguing with someone who want to feed the hungry, cloth the naked, and heal the sick, and your over there trying to explain to them how unemployment can be a GOOD thing, and wanting to be the richest man in the world can be a compassionate dream. It’s difficult! Because no matter how many times their proven wrong, and no matter how many times we are justified, the pendulum always swings, and the opposition is nevery loyal. But I’m with you buddy, I consider everbody on this page to be a friend, and I’m looking forward to fighting the good fight with all of you.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

16. Doug

I’d vote for Ron Paul but I’d rather vote for Gary Johnson. Ron Paul should heartily endorse the younger, more charismatic Johnson for President in 2012. Either way though, I’m in.

1. Kathryn Danner

Gary Johnson is NOT more charismatic than Paul. No one is. Paul is so dynamic and his hands are waving in a passionate rant whenever he speaks! It is crazy and awesome! He FEELS what is wrong with this chaotic and backwards bureacratic corptocracy, and he is URGING Americans to correct the problem! I have never heard a man speak with such passion, and I want him for it! Literally… LOL! I have heard Johnson speak live…he has some great ideas, but all he focuses on is drug legalization, he is not dynamic. Despite its importance, there is more to the liberty movement than that! Take this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUiH-1Q168I for being charismatic! “I DON’T want to run the World – the Constitution doesn’t GIVE me the authority to run the world; We OUGHTTA MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS – THAT’S WHAT WE OUGHTTA DO!”

17. GP

Ron Paul got my vote in 08; and he will get my vote again in two + more years.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 1

18. Citizen

ALL Freedom loving American Patriots SHOULD vote for Ron Paul

I will vote for Ron Paul…

But WE, through the Republican National Convention, need to get him to the Top of The Ticket.

I agree Judge A. Napolitano would be a great VP!

MY DREAM TICKET! >>Paul / Napolitano 2012 <<

p.s.
    Fred the P., who is your dream ticket?
    Sorry, Adolf and Benito aren't available, try another.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

1. fred the protectionist

booooo booooo booooo hissssss boooo, no more free traders, no more guest worker lovers, more more slave labor.

1. SS

We should get you a larger box to stand on.

1. Citizen

“larger box to stand on”???

Maybe IN a box to be “protected” from the Free World!

We don’t want TAX Slave, we want Free Citizens Fred

p.s.
          Control the border! Document the Workers!
          Enforce e-verify and punish Employers who hire UN-documented

2. SS

Aw, come on. I was trying to be troll friendly.

There has never been more traffic here since the trolls showed up after Paul’s early straw poll victories. Just trying to be a good marketer.

3. fred the protectionist

You guys live in a dream world. You actively promotea neo-feudalist society where the top 1% own 100%, and the bottom 99% are slaves, and then pretend you’re for the “little guy”.

19. Dr. John

I voted maybe. Dr. Paul is not a young man and I admire him very much for his unwavering stand on liberty both personal and economic. He is the guiding light of our philosophic and political thought. He may decide due to his age and the travails of campaigning not to pursue the presidency, I would honor that wish and not be one to be overly strident in protesting that decision. I feel there are many that Dr. Paul would trust to endorse as his standard bearer for the cause. I would state Dr. Paul is our guide and follow his wants and recommendation. If he runs then I would support him but we cannot force someone to do our bidding, are we not all agreed that is what we all truly believe?

20. Zaher Ocsi

Yes, he must run.
    If he choose a young energetic conservative person for VP. As we know Mr. Paul a libertarian. He never win with out the conservatives votes. The best he can do for America in the congress, try to start a third party. If he can put together just about 30 or 40 congressman, and 4 or 5 senator(think about all of those blue dog democrats,and some republicans), that is the only way to turn America back to the constitution. Today even the Tea Party members vote for republicans!?!? If the leaders of the republican party don’t change, nothing going to change. Remember, the republicans loose in 2006 becouse their leaders are the same same anti American trash as the democrats. God Bless

21. danterola

I agree with Shawn A. If Dr. Paul runs he needs to run as an independent…To many people will immediately dismiss you if you run as a Republican. The independents are the one’s that swing elections, so he should swing them the right way by running without the GOP. The republicans that are true conservatives will seek you out no matter which way you run..

1. Citizen

danterola,

Dr Paul needs to be on the Republican ticket, this country does not govern with a “coalition” style.

We need to purge the Republican party of all those spend thrift RINO element.
      As example South Carolina’s Nikki Haley who displaced the incumbent RINO Republican. People want a CONSERVATIVE in office, not Progressive Liberals.
      People want SMALLER GOVERNMENT, and less intrusion into our lives.

Support Ron Paul as a REPUBLICAN candidate!

22. cque

Only if he intends to win this time. Let’s not forget he voted for Obarky, despite the facts. Pink slip for Ron Paul

23. Shawn A

DR. Paul should run and has a responsibility to run if not then support a candidate that shares his understanding of the constitution which made this country unique! Run Mr. Paul but if you run you should run third party distance yourself completely from the established government democrat republican all a bunch of corporate cock suckers with no care for 80% of working America! Let America hear your message and when they do they will make the right decision. END the FEDERAL RESERVE end the IRS end the DEPT of EDU. Bring this country back to the light of reason. SOUND MONEY SOUND COUNTRY! get rid of the financial elite who have enslaved us all to endless wars and consumerism!!! RON PAUL 2012 GIVE ME FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

24. Carl Vancil

abso-freakin’-lutely!!!
    Ron Paul is the first politician that I’ve truely respected & supported completely. I’ve especially loved his candidness on Bill Maher’s show. He’s honest, and unfortunately, that may work against his favor in an election, but he has the people’s respect and that matters more in the long term.

Best of luck to Ron Paul. I’m sure he could be a leader that we can be proud to have.

25. Bottomline

I don’t think Ron Paul should back away from running for President, because he is sincere, always right on the money, and he takes the situation that we’re in real seriously.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

26. Danterola

Is Ron Paul going to take the heat if he runs and wins, and then the economy really gets hit HARD with all of Bush and Obama’s failures snowballing? That is my only concern.
    If the November elections look really good for liberty minded people (for example Rand wins, Sharron Angle beats Harry Reid etc) then I think he should run…if not I think it would be better for him to wait until more people get fed up and then run in 2016. I realize that by waiting the US will probably be Greece by then, but maybe that is what it will take to wake enough people up? Just some thoughts….I really appreciate Dr. Paul though, and all he does for the United States.

1. 1111cb

and that is why he needs to run. Someone who cares about truth over politics needs to get elected and tell the truth to the American public. They will not like it, but that is what integrity is. That is what Ron Paul has demonstrated by being laughed at all these years as he told the truth. Yes he will be a one term president. But if someone doesn’t get elected with courage, then we may not have a country left to worry about.

27. Boushaki

Ron Paul will run in 2012 because he knows he has to. He has become a powerful public figure, and he has brought to the table several issues that the status quo believed to be buried for good. His exposure couldn’t have been timed better.

Whether they hate him or adore him, the whole world will be watching a Ron Paul 2012 Campaign.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

28. Peter M.

Maybe Dr. Paul should stay in the House? He’s definitely made an impact with all the legislation he’s brought up. Choose another liberty minded candidate, and keep him in the House. Or is Dr. Paul our best chance to get a liberty candidate in the Oval Office?

29. Adam Pearlstein

Ron Paul is the greatest educator of my generation. And I beleive he is extremely effective as a critic, and it’s showing a strong impact on todays political movements. Having said that, we are entering the second great depression, and the only way to get out of it would be to lower taxes, cut spending, and scale back our presence overseas. These are not politically feasable tasks. Therefore, I am skeptical to support Ron Paul for president, because these policies are going to be enacted whether we vote for them or not, and I don’t want the unpopularity of those actions to fall back on capitalism, liberty, and peace. I’m skeptical.

30. John

No other person in politics has EVER inspired me the way that Ron Paul does. So, yes, Ron Paul should most certainly run for President in 2012. I will support him in every way that I can.

Judge Andrew Napolitano is my preferred VP for Dr. Paul.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 22 Thumb down 0

31. Sarah

He is the only politician that doesnt care about his pocket, he says what he believes in…no matter how it will effect him financially. He stands by the Constatution 100%… he is the ONLY HOPE FOR AMERICA!

We believe visit his channel on youtube,

RON PAUL 2012!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 21 Thumb down 0

32. B.D.Harper

Absolutely, he should.
    Either he wins or I leave the country within the next ten years.
    Remember the mantra of ‘patriots’ regarding the initiation of the Iraq War, “if you don’t like America, then you can get out”?
    Well, I love the U.S. I love it for the Constitution and the upholding of our republic, the sole intention of which is to protect our civil rights.
    But I do NOT love what we’ve done for the past few decades. We have perverted our Constitution, if not completely ignored it in many cases. We no longer even reference this document in legislating. People continue to elect lying fools into office, whose only leadership quality comes from the wealth and catering to private interests they’ve used to become elected.

I don’t want to be here for the collapse of our monetary system.
    No other prominent politician will try to freeze the value of the dollar – this is absolutely necessary.

Ron Paul will repeal the Patriot Act. He is one of very few who voted against it.
    He will strengthen our weakened military force, by rescinding troops that are stretched so thin around the world that they cannot protect us adequately.
    He will end and not initiate senseless ‘World Building’ wars that cost us trillions of dollars – wars that do not have the interest of the United States at heart.
    He will work toward abolishing the income tax and the IRS. The income tax is an un-apportioned tax that is not supported by our Constitution.
    He will reform immigration, secure our borders and not provide amnesty under any circumstances.

He will NOT legislate morality. He won’t take anybody’s rights from them regardless of who they are or where they are from or what they look like.
    He will NOT impose further taxes and regulations on the private citizen or business. The only things we should be regulating are fraud and malpractice.
    He will NOT use preventative force or use war as an instrument of policy.
    He will NOT fool you by declaring openness of policy, then turn around and write a thousand page Keynesian “stimulus” garbage package which is passed before it’s even read.

Ron Paul is THE ONLY WAY the United States will ever get out of this massive hole. If voters don’t wise up, we will inevitably be screwed. The dollar will crash in the world, and in our weakness – in our inability to pay our debt to the world, we will be picked apart from the outside as the rest of the world feasts on us in relation to the way we have squandered for the last hundred years.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 33 Thumb down 0

33. rob

it depends on if rand runs for president or not, if not, than yes!

34. janet

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 42

1. SS

Aren’t you missing your shows on the WB?

2. Adam Pearlstein

DONT CENSOR ANYONE RONPAUL.ORG! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!???!!

1. SS

¿Cuál es el problema?

35. david

I support former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson over Ron Paul. That being said, I fully support a Libertarian/Liberal Conservative as a candidate over Sarah Palin.

I would actually probably vote for anyone/anything before I voted for her or anyone sharing her views on what America means, and what direction it should go.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 7 Thumb down 22