137 responses to “Poll: Who Should Be Ron Paul’s VP in 2012?”

1. good90

Ted F@#%ing Nugent! But I guess Andrew Napolitano will work just fine.

2. GW

Bah, I missed Napolitano! Still, Schiff or Lew Rockwell seem the only other well known high-quality options.

But Palin is probably most likely to win it… lame.

3. Garry Jenkin

Sec. of Defense, Robert Gates

4. Nicholas Steinbach

Ross Perot!!!!!

5. AnthonyC

I think Congressman Paul Ryan from Wisconsin would greatly enhance a Ron Paul’s presidential bid. He is against deficit spending, entitlement programs and has proposed plans to decrease, if not eliminate them. He seems willing to speak out against the standard Republican line, has attracted attention from both the right and left wings, he is articulate, well-spoken, offers intelligent ideas and (let’s face, it matters with today’s media) is young and good-looking.

Mr . Ryan could certainly bring more voters to Dr. Paul’s side.

6. Antony

Badnarik all the way. No one knows liberty like this man does.

7. Joshua Hruzik

Sarah Palin ? Serious ?
    Maybe she wants small government but overall she’s not pro-personal liberty.

8. Tyler

Ok guys we can put Ron Paul in office! We have to start telling everybody about him. He has never voted for a tax increase. He stands up for all Americans, rich or poor. We have to put him in office.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 1

9. Travis

I voted for Schiff, however, now that I see Stossel I think he’s got my “vote.” He’s got the household name value that could really help Dr. Paul and he’s a pretty loyal libertarian conservative (correct me if I’m wrong). But I agree with one of the earlier posters in the sense that RP needs a charismatic VP choice, after all the game is still politics.

10. Tyler

Jacobs can’t run he is from Spain.

11. Tyler

What about Glen Jacobs (WWE’s Kane). He is a Libertarian who could really shake things up.

12. Tyler

Ventura is socially liberal. He supports abortion and gay rights. Although I disagree with gay rights, I do think gay rights should be left up to the state. Abortion is murder. I do consider myself a Libertarian, and I hate government involvement. Abortion is murder. Why would it be legal? I support an amendment to the constitution to make it illegal. I would say that is the only issue I differ on with the Libertarian party and Dr. Ron Paul. Ron Paul is an Amazing man, and I will be 18 in 2012. I support Ron Paul as the GOP Nominee. If he loses then I will vote for him as an independant.

I just think that ventura is to liberal for Ron Paul. I really support the Judge. One he is smart. Two fox news will finally give Ron Paul a fair chance.

Either way Ron Paul 2012! He is my hero.

Join the cause! http://www.draftronpaul.com/

1. casey

Ron Paul is on record that he is pro-life.

13. bfree

You know if Ron Paul runs. And if he wins the primary, it will have to be a political decision.

1. The VP candidate will definately have to be younger (young attractive cadidates almost always win, sad but true).
    2. They will have to be charismatic, while I love Dr. Paul’s straightfoward sincerity the VP must be a very likable person.
    3. They will need to able be help with the crossover vote (yeah go ahead and throw eggs, its a fact that many in the Repulican party will not support Paul).

So I can’t believe I’m saying this but, Jessie Ventura

14. Brent

Okay, this is what shows what a joke you people are! Socialists Dennis Kucinich and Alan Grayson actually got more votes than Wayne Allen Root, 2008′s Libertarian VP candidate!??! You are a bunch of buffoons, and Ron Paul does not benefit from you at all!!! You are Alex Jones cult members and 9/11 Truther scum!

Personally, I would love to see a Gingrich/Jindal (conservative) ticket that would sweep Obama/Biden in a 70/30 landslide! We need conservatism, not atheist 9/11 truther Alex Jones/Ron Paul worshiping anarchists! You people are only going to help Obama win in 2012!

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 3 Thumb down 24

1. fred the protectionist

Your first paragraph made sense, then you bring up Gingrich/Jindal who are a hop and a skip away from Libertarian Theology. It is people like Gingrich and Jindal who introduced Libertarian Theology into the Republican Party and brought the Republican Party down to it’s knees.

15. Tyler

I think he should pick a true Libertarian who is well known. I like Michelle Bachman, Peter Schiff, and the judge. I would consider Stossel.

I do not like Ventura, Nader, and Kucinich. Mitt Romney is a complete wannabe.

All I know is Ron Paul needs to be the GOP nominee to win. He needs to start raising money now. Ron Paul 2012.

16. Sanjay

Pat Buchanan is probably the most forthright and honest spokesman for the Conservative movement.

Open border fraudsters like Andrew napolitano are leading the conservatives and libertarians to the burial mounds. napolitano supports anchor baby interpretation of 14th amendment.

With so many anchor babies, illegals, and legal immigrants, GOP, tea-party and limited government supporters can kiss their hopes good bye forever.

Same is true for ventura and these other morons and idiots.

1. fred the protectionist

Pat Buchanan is one of the very few remaining Real Republicans, or Real Conservatives, left in the world. Most of the rest are frauds, thieves, hijackers of the Republican Party including Ron Paul.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 20

1. jim

Is that so Feddy me boy??? Kinda of interesting during the last presidential cycle they asked Pat which person represented his kind of thinking the most and he said Ron Paul. So let’s see. You think Pat Buchanan is a real Conservative, Pat Buchanan thinks Ron Paul is a real Conservative and you think that Ron Paul is a fraud. So you must be saying that Pat Buchanan has great priniciples but is too stupid to understand what Ron Paul is saying. Lucky Pat has someone as smart as you to straighten him out.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 19 Thumb down 0

17. Brian

Independent America needs to see a Doctor and Judge both with some brains and passionate about freedom.

First you Ron Paul to get a fair shake from the fox news, neo con media and I tell you the liberals and socialist dont want any part of Ron Paul he scares them to death.

18. ProudTEX

I am glade I no longer see that war monger John McCain and Scumbag Rudy Giuliani on the list anymore .

Ron Paul 2012

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 22 Thumb down 2

1. fred the protectionist

Are you glade? Do you smell fresh?

19. WHY AM I BEING CENSORED??? WHY ARE MY REPLYS BEING "Your comment is awaiting moderation."

Wow….and to think….I was going to click on ads and buy bumper stickers are more. But Now I WILL NOT.

1. fred the protectionist

You should have kidnapped someone then worshipped the Aqua Buddha.

1. Rands the Man

Rand Paul baby!

20. here

Bob Barr

1. hector

Its very ironic that Judge Napolitano is winning the VP Poll and the Jude, who likes Bob Barr and who has had him on his show many times and even last night, recognizes an ally like Bobby Bary. Case in point, last night’s show on Privacy and shows how Billy Bob is a Big supporter of Privacy protection and is a Privacy Advocate.

Question: How can people be accepting in this movement towards freedom, but turn their backs on allies like Mr Barr.

Answer: They shouldn’t. And those who do turn their back on converted allies (like Mr. Bar) stand in the way of the freedom movement. And will never advance the movement if they do not accept Converted people.

Bob Barr, as we all know, has a very neo con past. But he has Converted towards the march to freedom. And that, my freedom lovers, is what this movement is all about —> Getting More People To Think Like Us. <—

2. iTS Funnie

Question: How can people be accepting in this movement towards freedom, but turn their backs on allies like Bob Barr.

Answer: They shouldn’t. And those who do turn their back on converted allies (like Bob Barr) stand in the way of the freedom movement. And will never advance the movement if they do not accept Converted people.

1. freedom lovers

Agreed.

Bob Barr, as we all know, has a very neo con past. But he has Converted towards the march to freedom. And that, my freedom lovers, is what this movement is all about —-Getting More People To Think Like Us.

1. hellstorm

Right on! If it wasn’t for the sheeple like Bob Barr finally waking up and converting to our cause, there would be no ron paul revolution. I say embrace all who see the light. and that includes bob Barr

3. sally

Very ironic that Judge Napolitano is winning the VP Poll and the Jude recognizes Bob Barr as an ally. Bob is a freedom lover just like all of us and his apperance on freedom watch last nights proves he loves freedom and privacy just like all of us

21. Blonduxo

How about considering Lt. Col. (ret) Allen West? Forget Huckabee and Romney, you must be kidding….

1. sammy

Mike can take a Hike….And Mitt can jump in a Pit.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 0

22. jack

Jesse Ventura is the only canidate that will get Dr Paul on the national stage every news agency ,newspaper, talk shows would now get to hear the good Dr.policies, and get him to a land slide victory. I dont think he is the best qualified but the biggest name and thats what we need.

1. Lindsey

Jack: I think you have the right idea with Ventura but I think that after the initial jump in the polls, the American public would be so showered with BS from the Dems about him that the American public wouldn’t be able to see through it. He is a proven winner though unlike others on this list. (If he was chosen he would need to quit the tanning salon trips.)

23. Davido

Ventura and Schiff based on guts to follow through with a cogent strategy.

Rand, Nader, and Kucinich would be an interesting cabinet brew.

Anti-war fiscal conservatives would make most sense to round out cabinet and inner circle.

Need to get the books in order YESTERDAY. Start by cutting biggest expenses first and the rest will follow in good order.

24. CV

This poll would have alot more votes if you were able to vote by typing in your email, because you can only vote once per house hold and my mom and dad couldn’t vote because I already did. Anyway, Romney, Palin, and Huckabee should not be on this list, Remember people Were gonna vote for Freedom in 2012, not for more Globalist Oligarch Corporatism.
    Paul/Napolitano 2012!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

25. Citizen

While I favor Peter Schiff as VP

WE (supporter of the Honorable Dr Paul) need to get him on the
    TOP OF THE REPUBLICAN TICKET FIRST….

The VP choice is putting the Chart way ahead of the Horse (Dr Paul)

QUESTION: Anyone have ideas how we put the good Doctor in the lead???

We need BILLIONS to put him over the top!

1. B.D.Harper

Yes, we need independents to register republican and vote for him in the primaries.

26. MITT ROMENY?????!!!!!! GROSS!!!!!

Once again BOB BARR is NOT on the list…WTF!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!

Bob Barr would NEVER be my first pick. BUT he is a viable candidate.

Yet, this ridiculous poll has Mitt Romney, and Sara Palin as possible VP candidates….Gross!!!! Get real RonPaul.com. Add BOB BARR to your NEXT POLL (LIKE ALOT OF PPL HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR) and JUST SEE what kind of numbers he puts up. Get with it!!!!

1. jim

Do you know what Bob Barr did to Ron Paul when Ron was trying to get a coalition between minority parties to have a stronger united voice outside the republican/democratic parties??? Bob gave his support to come on TV and support 4 items each candidate supported. It was Chuck Baldwin from the constitutional, Ralph Nader as an independent, someone from the green party and Bob Barr for the libertarian party. 10 minutes before they were to go on TV Bob Barr pulled out. Ron was on air still believing he was going to show up. For whatever reason, right or wrong, he angried alot of Ron Paul supporters (me included) as well as people within the Libertarian Party. He has some bridges to mend before he’s welcomed back. Not saying it’s impossible, but the onus is on him.

2. Bob Barr on Freedom Watch 08/09/10

Please put Bob Barr on the list next time. Bob Barr all the way.

27. AHS

I would pick Judge Napolitano as V.P., Rockwell or Schiff as Treasury Secretary, and Max Keiser (who was not on this list) as Secretary of State. It is not only about winning. It is also about righting the ship.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 1

1. Bottomline

I second these choices!

28. Forest

Jeezus, another VP poll? I bet the results are exactly the same as the last one.

I know, why don’t we mix it up and have a ‘Should Ron Paul Run In 2012′ poll, WHO KNOWS what the outcome will be!

1. Poll?

Not sure if my orginal post reply went thru so I am replying again:

I agree. The results are sure to be the same since Bob Barr has been black listed from this poll.

But at least I can still vote for flip flopper pro univeral health care, pro abortion Mitt Romney. Yay, hes my first choice!

29. Mikey

I want to see Mike Lee, he is young and is the type of good energy we need to keep the fight to save America. Plus he will most likely win the seat in Utah.

30. Bottomline

You all have some good people that would be possible to be Dr. Paul’s running mate for prez!

31. jim

I would love to see Ralph Nader run with him just because Ralph is also a very intelligent man and they have common ground on the federal reserve and pre-emptive war. Two of the biggest problems in the world. Ralph would slap around liberals (he’s a progressive in the good sense of the word) as our conservative Dr. Paul would smack around some neocon heads.

Would love to see him run with the judge just for the airtime alone.

Would hope Ron would make Dennis Kucinich Secretary of State. He’d be better then Hillary especially because he believes in “power through peace” as he stated through his own presidential debates.

As for the other worthy canidates let’s not forget there are plenty of other cabinet seats to go around.

32. Lindsey

Why do you people have such a desire to pick losers? Mr. Schiff can’t even win a primary in New Jersey (He is getting the “Smackdown” from Linda McMahon), Kucinich is lost in the sixties and Ventura is probably at the tanning salon with Hulk Hogan. Nobody knows who John Stossel and Lew Rockwell are, Buchanan is over 80 years old (I voted for him in 2000 but his time has passed) and while I love Rand, if he were to run it should be for president and pops should be the VP. The only winners on the list are Napolitano, Dobbs, Palin, Huckabee and maybe Bachmann. C’mon people, the idea is to win here, so let’s start picking winners!

1. What????!!!??

Are you kidding me?????!!!! You want Palin or Huckabee. Are you insane????!!!!

Oh Jolly Gee Gosh, I can see Russia from my House. Or… I Support “The Fair Tax” Huckabee. WHATS FAIR ABOUT TAX…Huck???!!!!

So Lindsey, ur “winners” are LOSERS!!!! C’mon people

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

1. Lindsey

What: I’m sure that the IQs of Huck and Palin exceed yours. Do you know what the Fair Tax is What? Did you know that Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her house on Saturday Night Live, a comedy show? Did you also know, What, that the last 4 presidents have what are thought of as stellar academic credentials but none could hold a candle to the great Ronald Reagan. Where did Reagan graduate from What? Finally, what are Huck’s and Palin’s Win/Loss percentages? Certainly better than Schiff, Buchannan or even Ron Paul for that matter. Yes, What, I would categorize Huck and Palin as winners.

2. joe

its tough for schiff to win new jersey primary since hes running for senate in my home state of ct xD

and that primary happens later today….

1. Lindsey

Schiff received the “smackdown” from Linda McMahon Tuesday night. If Schiff can’t win a Senate primary, how can he help Ron Paul win the presidency?

33. nathan

Just what America needs not one but two doctors Paul/Paul 2012

34. doctordrewl

Wow.. the list of great patriot leaders is growing. Top 5 looks pretty good to me… Although a ticket like Paul/Steele or Paul/Williams might help silence the mythology that all patriots and liberty lovers are racists.

35. Daman

Ahh I totally missed Napolitano and Schiff. I guess I browsed the list too quickly.

My favorites are Napolitano, Badnarik and Jesse Ventura.

1 2 3 4