Poll: Who Should Be Ron Paul’s VP in 2012?

If Ron Paul runs for President in 2012, who should be his running mate? This poll is now closed. It was open from August 8th – September 17th. Voters could select up to 7 options.

Who should be Ron Paul's running mate? (choose up to 7 options)

• Andrew Napolitano (34%, 2,161 Votes)
  • Jesse Ventura (22%, 1,419 Votes)
  • Peter Schiff (22%, 1,384 Votes)
  • Rand Paul (17%, 1,095 Votes)
  • Dennis Kucinich (13%, 812 Votes)
  • Sarah Palin (10%, 613 Votes)
  • Ralph Nader (10%, 605 Votes)
  • Colin Powell (9%, 587 Votes)
  • Mike Huckabee (9%, 568 Votes)
  • John Stossel (9%, 564 Votes)
  • Alex Jones (9%, 554 Votes)
  • Lew Rockwell (9%, 551 Votes)
  • Lou Dobbs (9%, 545 Votes)
  • Chuck Baldwin (8%, 532 Votes)
  • Michele Bachmann (8%, 506 Votes)
  • Jon Stewart (8%, 491 Votes)
  • Pat Buchanan (7%, 462 Votes)
  • Bobby Jindal (7%, 455 Votes)
  • Mitt Romney (7%, 449 Votes)
  • Jim DeMint (7%, 438 Votes)
  • Barry Goldwater, Jr. (7%, 425 Votes)
  • Gary Johnson (6%, 387 Votes)
  • Paul Ryan (6%, 386 Votes)
  • Chris Christie (6%, 385 Votes)
  • Walter E. Williams (5%, 321 Votes)
  • David Petraeus (4%, 280 Votes)
  • Alan Grayson (4%, 244 Votes)
  • Michael Badnarik (3%, 202 Votes)
  • Michael Bloomberg (3%, 187 Votes)
  • Debra Medina (3%, 170 Votes)
  • Adam Kokesh (3%, 168 Votes)
  • Joe Scarborough (2%, 130 Votes)
  • Herman Cain (2%, 108 Votes)
  • Wayne Allyn Root (2%, 107 Votes)
  • Chuck Hagel (2%, 97 Votes)
  • Michael Steele (1%, 81 Votes)
  • Mary Ruwart (1%, 79 Votes)
  • Bruce Fein (1%, 65 Votes)
  • B.J. Lawson (1%, 64 Votes)
  • Brian Schweitzer (0%, 23 Votes)
  • Philip Giraldi (0%, 8 Votes)

Total Voters: 6,354

Loading ... Loading ...

1. Jessie Ventura is most qualified. Has a tv show was a mayor and governor is an ex navy seal and professional wrestler and wrote several political books. I think he would actually do something as vice president unlike most who are just figure heads.

President Paul takes care of things from Washington and Ventura goes out first hand to solve one of numerous national problems. I find this to be comforting.

2. P.S. Ventura for VP!!!

3. Knowing Dr. Paul is generally celebrated in conservatives and republican leaning(conservative by default) circles, It doesn’t surprise me to see a lot of support for the very conservative or republican only for the choice of VP. I Know this is just a poll and here to get a dialogue going, but liberals and liberal / progressive culture is never going to go away. EVER. not in a million years. It’s the nature of being human. Cause and effect. Same goes with conservatism. Both are here for good whether anybody likes it or not. So the dialogue here shouldn’t neccessarily be anchored in “left v.s. right” ideology, because it’s completely counter productive and avoids the bigger issue here which obviously has more to do with personal liberty, the over reach of the federal government and federal reserve in our economic and foreign policies. Not to mention peace. Which is directly related to the first two.

I consider myself a progressive liberal through and through. I believe in the legalization of gay marriage, am anti-prohibition, support the “ground zero mosque”, against fundamentalism in religious spirituality. and Dr. Paul’s message has resonated with me very strongly when it comes to those ideals and i know it resonates strongly with what many conservative types who deal with similar shit such as hunting rights, the ability to build your own type of house on your own property without dealing with a ton of regulatory red tape, being able to put Santa Claus cardboard cutouts in your store window, against fundamentalism in religious spirituality. whatever.

We can’t pick and choose who get’s personal liberty and who doesn’t and expect it to be true liberty. So we have to all take the bad with the good (depending on the perspective, hah!) for the common right to personal liberty for all. And if the real issue of the elastics monetary system of the federal reserve and the issue of personal liberty are taken care of, then everything else will begin to regulate in a truly democratic way.

Which is why i don’t think it would be a bad idea or bad politics to choose a liberal leaning candidate for VP. As long as their philosophy generally lines up with Dr. Pauls. It would really force the Left to look at what Dr. Paul’s message is beyond the fact that he’s conservative, republican or associated with the Tea Party™. And wouldn’t let the Right to hi-jack the conservative/republican tags to pursue their idealogical impure agenda. Also the symbolic nature of it would force everybody to see through the left v.s. right (which i’m sorry, again is an argument that will never be won, or die, ever) and see right to the core of the real problem we face as a people.

Just remember. Bush jr. signed TARP into law which is Socialism in the worst sense. Proposed and supported by a number of “republicans”. And when the Republican/Democratic coalition of the Paul/Greyson amendment to audit the fed was killed in it’s infancy, it was Socialist Bernie Sanders who brought it back and got it through.

The message of compassion, love and liberty is one that resonates with everybody regardless of party affiliation, religion, etc. We all just need to remember to combine our efforts to dig through the endless pit of bullshit to find the few corn kernels of wisdom to help in the revolution.

4. Ted Nugent needs to be on this poll.

5. Take the ones with atleast 10% or higher, and make a new poll.

6. Ted F@#%ing Nugent! But I guess Andrew Napolitano will work just fine.

7. Bah, I missed Napolitano! Still, Schiff or Lew Rockwell seem the only other well known high-quality options.

But Palin is probably most likely to win it… lame.

8. Sec. of Defense, Robert Gates

9. Nicholas Steinbach

Ross Perot!!!!!

10. I think Congressman Paul Ryan from Wisconsin would greatly enhance a Ron Paul’s presidential bid. He is against deficit spending, entitlement programs and has proposed plans to decrease, if not eliminate them. He seems willing to speak out against the standard Republican line, has attracted attention from both the right and left wings, he is articulate, well-spoken, offers intelligent ideas and (let’s face, it matters with today’s media) is young and good-looking.

Mr . Ryan could certainly bring more voters to Dr. Paul’s side.

11. Badnarik all the way. No one knows liberty like this man does.

12. Sarah Palin ? Serious ?
    Maybe she wants small government but overall she’s not pro-personal liberty.

13. Ok guys we can put Ron Paul in office! We have to start telling everybody about him. He has never voted for a tax increase. He stands up for all Americans, rich or poor. We have to put him in office.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 16 Thumb down 1

14. I voted for Schiff, however, now that I see Stossel I think he’s got my “vote.” He’s got the household name value that could really help Dr. Paul and he’s a pretty loyal libertarian conservative (correct me if I’m wrong). But I agree with one of the earlier posters in the sense that RP needs a charismatic VP choice, after all the game is still politics.

15. Jacobs can’t run he is from Spain.

16. What about Glen Jacobs (WWE’s Kane). He is a Libertarian who could really shake things up.

17. Ventura is socially liberal. He supports abortion and gay rights. Although I disagree with gay rights, I do think gay rights should be left up to the state. Abortion is murder. I do consider myself a Libertarian, and I hate government involvement. Abortion is murder. Why would it be legal? I support an amendment to the constitution to make it illegal. I would say that is the only issue I differ on with the Libertarian party and Dr. Ron Paul. Ron Paul is an Amazing man, and I will be 18 in 2012. I support Ron Paul as the GOP Nominee. If he loses then I will vote for him as an independant.

I just think that ventura is to liberal for Ron Paul. I really support the Judge. One he is smart. Two fox news will finally give Ron Paul a fair chance.

Either way Ron Paul 2012! He is my hero.

Join the cause! http://www.draftronpaul.com/

18. You know if Ron Paul runs. And if he wins the primary, it will have to be a political decision.

1. The VP candidate will definately have to be younger (young attractive cadidates almost always win, sad but true).
    2. They will have to be charismatic, while I love Dr. Paul’s straightfoward sincerity the VP must be a very likable person.
    3. They will need to able be help with the crossover vote (yeah go ahead and throw eggs, its a fact that many in the Repulican party will not support Paul).

So I can’t believe I’m saying this but, Jessie Ventura

19. Okay, this is what shows what a joke you people are! Socialists Dennis Kucinich and Alan Grayson actually got more votes than Wayne Allen Root, 2008’s Libertarian VP candidate!??! You are a bunch of buffoons, and Ron Paul does not benefit from you at all!!! You are Alex Jones cult members and 9/11 Truther scum!

Personally, I would love to see a Gingrich/Jindal (conservative) ticket that would sweep Obama/Biden in a 70/30 landslide! We need conservatism, not atheist 9/11 truther Alex Jones/Ron Paul worshiping anarchists! You people are only going to help Obama win in 2012!

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 3 Thumb down 24

• fred the protectionist

Your first paragraph made sense, then you bring up Gingrich/Jindal who are a hop and a skip away from Libertarian Theology. It is people like Gingrich and Jindal who introduced Libertarian Theology into the Republican Party and brought the Republican Party down to it’s knees.

20. I think he should pick a true Libertarian who is well known. I like Michelle Bachman, Peter Schiff, and the judge. I would consider Stossel.

I do not like Ventura, Nader, and Kucinich. Mitt Romney is a complete wannabe.

All I know is Ron Paul needs to be the GOP nominee to win. He needs to start raising money now. Ron Paul 2012.