Ron Paul Slams NYC Mosque Demagogues

Related Content: Ron Paul’s NYC Mosque Press Release

Date: 08/23/2010
Show: Countdown with Keith Olbermann
Channel: MSNBC

1. To: Marc...but it should be Marky, which is closer to Malarkey...sob, sob...all those poor guys who accidentally fly their planes into the WTC...Oh, that those buildings got into their way! Sob, sob...Marc, have you ever done anything for you country except sit and watch?

2. Thank you, Ron Paul. I'm proud of you. The September 11th Families for a Peaceful Tomorrow supports this Islamic Center / mosque... is their opinion "offensive?" And the Imam in charge who worked for Bush in the State Department for years and did a bang-up job... is he "radical"? And Pres. Bush himself who called Islam "peaceful" and even put a Koran in the White House... is he "offensive?" I have never seen such a disgraceful, embarrassing, screeching, ignorant, paranoid, racist national temper tantrum in my life.

• Peacenik types can only survive if people like my father, most of my uncles, most of my cousins, myself and now my son protect them.
      Peace is a wonderful concept but its only viable if ALL parties want it.
      Islam does not understand peace as we would. Peace to them is a Muslim dominated world.
      They see negotiation as weakness.
      They only understand strength and in your face confrontation.

This Mosque is the same as the Japanese flying a meatball flag over the Arizona monument in Pearl Harbor to celebrate "diversity".
      While the concept of property ownership is valid one must also remember that Islam has declared war on us and since we have failed to comply with their demands we are fair game for anything they might want to do to us as a nation or as individuals. We are at war and that is the bottom line.

3. chatoka: It's "intolerant" for the USA to secure borders & limit immigration? Pulease. Who cares if Muslim countries have borders? The tolerance I want from them is to stop: Sawing heads, stoning, driving ALL Christians out of Turkey & the W Bank & stealing their property, BANNING other faiths. Death for conversion from Islam, etc
    Tolerance isn't a suicide pact. We're not trying to BAN Islam, just relocate a Mosque that'll celebrate murder & desecrate the grave of 3K victims. They can move it.

4. i agree and disagree with ron paul on this issue.. i agree that he is only standing up for first amendment rights.. however i believe islam is evil, I have read the koran. i'm a strong supporter of ron paul and if he runs in 2012 he has definately got my vote.. however he is a little naive about muslims.

5. Ron Paul, the Jimmy Carter of the Republican Party.

6. this guy is reading from somewhere else at 2:10. check it out. It doesnt even say what he is reading. like he is lying to the audience.

7. Ron Paul should stick to economics.

8. RON paul could make ALQAEDA surrender.

9. RON PAUL!

I LOVE YOU!

10. Ron Paul is wrong again.

11. And by the way when did we become such relegious zelats in this country anyway.If anything we've gotten less religous since 1900.If we if we were so pias,how did we let greed and corruption bankrupt us into this abyss?
    Wouldn't a god fearing community see through each others soul and do the right thing,with eachothers and thier family and friends financial well-bieng.
    What happened to help thy niehbbor?.Has that been ommited from the bible? And replaced by, step on in thy nieghbors hungry hand. Grab 500million bonus checks ,create 50 billion dollar ponzi scheme and 21 trillion theft and plunder his wealth,leaving his children and thier children in ruins,and then look to others to do thy same?
    Maybe I don't know.I havn't studied the bible since conformation classes 27 years ago.
    Are we so blinded by the almighty dollar.do we worship it now as a whole?God I hope not,but by the actions of the Gov't for the last 60 years and the inaction of us,I guess so.
    Well if this is a holy war,the congress, the President,the Ceo's and the Banks,better start allocating taxes for teaching us about religion,and right quick...

12. Yes,the mosque builders have the right. It's inarguable. this is being demagogued on both sides.The sensitivity issue is real for those who lost people on that day.If you don't believe this mosque is the fulfillment and fruition of the wettest, wildest dreams of the 9-11 jihadists, then there's a bridge not far away that I'd like to sell you. As decent, reasonable citizens & neighbors,we must all often forego some of our rights. Talk about demagoguery, Larry's doing a good job of it here.

13. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." - Amendment 1

Don't like it?
    Just try and change it.

Untill you do that, there is no point trying to argue against it on youtube.

Don't like religious tollerance?
    Move.

14. I have spent thousands supporting Ron and Rand in their political endeavors but Ron is wrong about this issue.

This is not a 1st amendment nor a property rights issues. This issue is about the safety of American citizens. It is no different than the safety issue on our southern border being ignored by the Obama administration.

It seems Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf has a partner in this mosque quest. It's none other than the lead trustee of the Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Center. In case you don't know, the Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Center was founded by Jamal Barzinji. Barzinji is also one of the founders of the Muslim Brotherhood. Dar al-Hijrah has numerous ties to terrorist groups including the 9/11 attacks. The Muslim Brotherhood think tank, the International Institute of Islamic Thought or IIIT hosted imam Rauf in 2008 and pledged cooperation and support of Rauf's Cordoba House. Barzinji is a founder and director of IIIT, which is under active federal investigation for funneling funds to Palestinian terrorists. Its Herndon, Va., offices were raided by federal agents after 9/11. The U.S. government has accused Barzinji of being “closely associated” with the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Hamas and other terrorist organizations. He has not been charged with a crime, however. The North American Islamic Trust, a recently named unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terror-financing case in U.S. history, holds the deed to the radical mosque. What is so striking is not only are Bloomberg and the Federal Government not investigating the fund sources, you have the crackpot Nancy Pelosi wanting to investigate anybody who wants to investigate the source of the funding.

Islam is not a religion. It encompasses not only spiritual but political, legal, social and economic mindsets into one whole. People who tell you that Islam in itself is peaceful don't know that they're talking about. They've been suckered into believing the political correctness puked out by the media.

Islam came from Mohammed. Mohammed conquered, enslaved and converted by the sword. It's incongruous to think people can separate the spiritual part from Islam and only focus on that aspect. Those that claim this aren't practicing Islam. They're fakes. In fact many take great pride in confusing ignorant Westerners about exactly who they are.

If New Yorkers approve and this mosque is built, they get what they deserve.

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out--
    because I was not a communist;
    Then they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out--
    because I was not a socialist;
    Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out--
    because I was not a trade unionist;
    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out--
    because I was not a Jew;
    Then they came for me--
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

• You, my friend, are a stain in the underwear of history.

I hope your children and grandchildren know you spew this drivel, and remind their children in an attempt to make sure they don't behave like you.

Embarrassing.

15. If Americans truly want the Mosque people to go away in NY,my city by the way,and I'm also White.Why if if so fn cash heavy,does the Federal reserve Bank not just by the whole block force them out the the "American way".
    Simple because thier evil,evil,evil.And they want us arguing this crap to keep the grease on the tank chains.
    An utter fn shame how were allowing our victims to be remmbered this way,using thier memory for the cause of such hate and utter Greed!!...
    Makes me natious to even go down there and look at the the banks,and wall street and wonder. Why were fighting people practicly with no army,navy or airforce.,And meanwhile I still can't figure out who the hell and why arnt we fighting those who stole evry dime we have to protect ourselves from ourselves????

My stimulus idea>
    1.Make every out of work or underemployed american buy ,or borrow money from the Fed at 0% interest ofcourse, a metal detector and a shuvel.

2.Send em all over the world to search for our gold. To find it!, dig it up!, and bring it back!.

16. Huh? Harry Reid leader of the Democrats in the Senate has come out and condemned the Mosque being built there..He's siding with NeoCons...The Tea Parties are a loose knit group, some of them have been taken over by the NeoCons like the Tea Party Express. Paul is the only real Republican, the rest act like Democrats...Paul 2012!

17. I have always liked Ron Paul but he's showing weakness and a lack of depth here. International zionism creates fires all over the world to manipulate things towards the furthering of socialist globalism, but Islam has their international goals as well. My idea of freedom in America is not living under a Socialist Global Government nor Sharia Law. Does a wise people show tolerance to the intolerant?

18. The terrorists liked soccer but soccer did not provide them the motive for killing thousands of people. Islam did.

19. SlightyDisturbedNBK

I'm not much a fan of Paul but he is 100% right here. It's on private property the freedom of religion is protected in the First Amendment, the lies that have been spread about this Mosque is disgusting.

20. Ron Paul is a great man,But i love how MSNBC call's Mr.Paul a nut all the time,But now he is great.Msnbc is a joke!!