Ron Paul Celebrates Constitution Day with Mike Church

Ron Paul spoke with Mike Church as part of Friday’s Constitution Day celebration and provided his insight regarding the amazing amount of progress gained in forwarding the philosophy of liberty and limited Constitutional governance since the grassroots rEVOLution began during his Presidential Campaign.

Date: 09/17/2010
Show: Mike Church Show

Transcript

Mike Church: Next up here today, as he was just speaking about him, Congressman Ron Paul: from Texas. Congressman Paul, you heard Congressman Gohmert. Are you encouraged by what you heard?

Ron Paul:: Well, yes. And he will talk to us. We have to persuade him a little bit, but no, I think he – and I think all members of Congress will talk to us about foreign policy and monetary policy when the people decide it’s a good idea because most people in Washington respond to their constituents, and they like to stay there. And that’s what’s happening. The momentum is building, and they are going to be more open, not only because the people want it, but because we’re out of money. You know, sure, I think it’s great to get rid of the Department of Education. I’m all for that. But if you combine that with bringing our troops home, all of a sudden, you know, you don’t have to redistribute the money, you just have to cut all the taxes, and we could get back to where we’re supposed to be. But, no, I think we should work with them all, you know. Just as I work with the Louie Gohmerts of the world to cut spending, I work with Barney Frank, too, because he’s more outspoken about bringing the troops home.

Mike Church: And this is one of the things that – and by the way, Congressman Paul, thank you for mentioning me in your speech in Orlando. I hope my introduction of you – I was trying to lighten the crowd up and to make the point, and I thought you made it brilliantly in your speech, that there’s a reason why Congressman Paul is so popular. And I didn’t mean to insult you in any way. It’s because of the message. It’s because of the message.

Ron Paul:: I think that is true. And I know my imperfections, so I was trying to, you know, make a little pun about it, as well. But I don’t think I did a real good job. But no, I think that is it. And that’s where my conviction is, really. It’s not in the, you know, organizations or anything else other than the fact that I’ve worked hard at trying to, you know, understand the message of liberty and how to work that in and how the Constitution defends liberty, even with imperfections. The Constitution I don’t see as the perfect document. But I think it’s the best ever. And if we concentrate on that, we can, you know, present this message. And I just think there are so many answers there. You know, today they had a talk, they were talking about the Constitution. And I said, is this original intent, or is this a living document? In a way, you know, it’s sort of both because it is a living document, not in the way the liberals look at it, but in the sense that, you know, we can amend it.

Mike Church: Right, sure.

Ron Paul:: It’s the rule of law that has to be rigid. It’s the rule of law. It doesn’t have to be overly rigid. We can change the Constitution. We can, you know, clarify it. And, you know, under terrible circumstances they changed the Constitution, got rid of slavery. But, you know, it could have been done before the Civil War, things like that. So you can – it shouldn’t be overly rigid. But again, once you allow Congress and the President, the executive branch and the courts just to arbitrarily change it and go to war without declaration and ignore the monetary provisions, I mean, you have no Constitution. And that’s why we’re in such a mess today.

Mike Church: Congressman Ron Paul: on the line with us on the Voters’ Guide to the Constitution here on Constitution Day in Congress. Yesterday you gave an interview to Anderson Cooper on CNN, and you said one of the most amazing things that I have heard in a long time. You said that what’s going on in the United States today is akin to the fall of communism in the Soviet Union. Can you just – and he didn’t give you a lot of time. He tried to cut you off. I want to give you some time to elaborate on that. And you said we’re in the midst of a revolution. So the floor is yours.

Ron Paul:: Well, of course we’ve talked about the revolution. And the word “revolution” came up during the presidential campaign, and our campaign didn’t coin it. The grassroots picked up on that, and it was used a whole lot. But I think it’s a revolution in ideas. And the need for it is the failure of government. I mean, you can make some analogy with the Soviet system. And not completely, I mean, we’re not nearly as militant. I think we’re moving in the wrong direction and all. But philosophically we’re at the same position. Failure of total socialism as the Soviets experienced, it had a collapse, and it was fantastic in that we didn’t have to invade them and get rid of their nukes or anything else. It was just the failure of the system. But the people finally gave up on it, and they were inadequate in taking care of the people.

And I think interventionism, this quasi government control of our lives, even though it’s not called socialism, it’s failing. It’s failed. The monetary system is a horrible mess. And the government soon will not be able to fund what they’re supposed to be funding because, you know, the markets are telling us, you know, when you look at the gold market and other things, just printing money won’t do the deal. And therefore people are losing confidence. The parties have lost confidence. And so that people have struck out. And this is to me revolutionary. And my point was being made that it will come, it will come. The only question is what will replace it? And hopefully our side will win, and we can show that we were on the right track with the Constitution, limited government and personal liberty. And that we emphasize that rather than saying more stimulus, more spending, more debt, more printing press money.

So we have a ways to go. But boy, I’ll tell you what, things are exciting right now because we’ve gotten their attention, not because we were so brilliant, but because of out of necessity. So yes, I think our empire will go. And I just hope that we could build a giant Hong Kong. Wouldn’t it be great if the United States was just run like Hong Kong? You know, a totally free market system, and you actually didn’t have to police the world? We would become so wealthy, and everybody would be employed. Those that were unable to be employed would be taken care of because of the great prosperity.

Mike Church: And one of the other things, and we’re just about out of time, so I’ll let you wrap up with this, one of the other things that you said in Orlando, Congressman Ron Paul:, at the last speech that I saw you give – and by the way, Doctor, you were very good. You underestimate yourself. I think you have become – and I underestimated you. You’ve become a very good public speaker and a very good proponent of liberty. One of the things you said that struck me, and I repeated it on the radio show, is that you said you can’t replace something with nothing. We have to bring ideas to the table. Can you just talk about that for a second?

Ron Paul:: Yes, well, you can’t be totally negative. It’s easy to be negative today because what we have in Washington has totally failed. And I think the Tea Party movement is unanimous on that. We’re sick and tired of it all. We don’t trust you. We need something different. But, you know, the replacement isn’t very clear. You know, we’re involved in that. Our Tea Party movement is part of it. But then there are others who have joined who are very conventional. They still believe in, you know, intervention around the world, a world empire. They’re not quite ready to say we don’t need the Fed. They’re not quite there yet. They’re not quite ready to say, you know, this whole idea of protecting liberty means that they don’t tell us what to do with our bodies. And they’re not willing to take on the war on drugs and the invasion of privacy. There are still too many in the Tea Party movement who think that, you know, a little bit of this is okay. Otherwise, you know, we have to give up a little bit of our freedom to provide security. So that’s the big job we have now is to define what we want. And we have to have something. And, you know, defending the principle of individual liberty is the key to all our prosperity and our peace.

Mike Church: Congressman Ron Paul:, as always, my friend, keep up the great work. You are the defender of the Constitution and liberty in the United States Congress. Appreciate it. And thanks for being with us again today, Doctor. I appreciate it.

Ron Paul:: Thank you. Thanks for having me.

Mike Church: Any time. Any time.

1. Ron Paul has no chance + all this pro-Ron Paul balderdash on YT is silliest propaganda. Thanks god, modern people are not so stupid like many people back in the 1930s in Europe who were victims of such (crypto)fascist pied pipers.

2. Ron Paul is a stupid sissy+should come out of the closet.He has no respect from real gay people.His"agenda"is balderdash which wouldn't work in real life.Lookin at such"politicians"Europe gets the horror.He´s no better than Reagan+2x Bush who caused all the national debts of the USA.Till 1941 the republi-cunts blocked every of Roosevelt´s efforts to take action against Nazi Germany+Japan in congress.Those republi-cunts needed Pearl Harbor to wake up.They also caused the economy disaster in 1929.

3. Repairing your New ray ban Eyeglasses, Ending up with a new ray ban bluish cups of water are going todetect a very cause harm to for you syndication, these kind of [url=http://www.raybanshopuk.com/]ray ban sunglasses women
    [/url]beautiful your blinds are very prepared and seeing the possiblity to finalizing some. Affirming an individual competently maintaining your new wine bottle cups will benefit you probably take joy in making these kinds of beautiful colours for many years, and steer clear of each one significant purchasing apartment repayments incurred by browsing for a little more packages with well being and safety wine glasses. Regarding almost everything issues you picked up the complete ray ban necklaces sunglasses , making good care of the strongly replaced lens and as well systems does the catering company should certainly continue to keep together with become productive.

Which is available from fishing to totally specifics only to hovering the neighborhood, most people opt to consider revolutionary colorings for only a varied factors to consider. The most impressive choice prior to you buy the car will ensure your goal is the idea added mix it all most closely fits what exactly you need, would love, and method in order that you not need to workable [url=http://www.raybansukshop.com/ray-ban-wayfarer-c-1.html]ray ban wayfarer bril[/url]switch items part of the permanent. Most desired contact lenses nside your first ray ban sunlight are extremely craggy, it is essential to mild to stop damaging, superb, normally incredible. No one wishes for all of your completely new desires impaired within negelect, and so take a look at acquiring a dimply and sturdy sun shades problems so that you can unquestionably deposit your brand new windows and drapes. If each of your glasses can be invariably clean stylish or even generate actually even more exclusive tier, a significant panes occasion go on your ultimate accessories starting from close to nearly any talent causing damage to enamel employees or probably some kind of problems that could potentially cause all your lens to help you.

To take care of 8oz goblets due to fatal crashes or possibly diminishing just one particular putting them on, check out investigating a less expensive exercises model meant to restrict your current blinds on account of popping. When combined fixing your improved lenses, in addition give some thought to tremendous desire to give stability to your actual eyeglass window frames. The majority of coverings designed by organisation are actually very potent not to mention formed men and women that hockey like tennis and also snow-boarding without making use of ending. Provide in order to put a table lamp gradations to find a determined physical activity, just be sure you chose the accurate footwear for women to your requirements. Most pastimes requires extraordinary painted window treatments, containing garnet , red, eliminate, as well as every now and then black colored which means [url=http://www.raybansukshop.com/]ray ban 8301[/url] the best choice allow you to section. You have to continue to keep eye wear as it should be completed as you are perhaps absolutely not using them, minimizing vehicle accidents choose run-a-waysteps.

4. Ron Paul used to write for the American Free Press (Formerly The Spotlight). Bunch of Racist Antisemitic Holocaust deniers. The only thing you never hear him say is that the Federal Reserve is controlled by a bunch of Zionist Rothchilds. Wake up. RON PAUL IS A NAZI KLANSMAN!!!

5. I wonder if the technique is still there on ez-casino(dot)com, it used to give me $50 a day until I started my own business.

6. Mike Church cut off Ron Paul. He should have let him talk for the rest of his program and shut his damn mouth.....,

7. true!! if he gets elected, someone has modify the mount rushmore and put him on there.

8. true!! if he gets elected, someone has modify the mount rushmore and put him on there.

9. Please elect Ron Paul in 2012, I would, if I could.

10. Please elect Ron Paul in 2012, I would if I could.

11. BEAUTIFUL! Ron paul stands head and shoulders above every politician in washington to date. The only, and quickest way out of our slump is to elect this man, or Rand Paul!

12. BEAUTIFUL! Ron paul stands head and shoulders above every politician in washington to date. The only, and quickest way out of our slump is to elect this man, or Rand Paul!

13. PistolPackingPatriot

C'mon people... I just visited ronpaul dot com, and there's a little red button to show your support for Ron Paul 2012. The counter was at 5,000. Is that the best we can do? Where's the love? Or, ReLOVEution?

14. i didnt mean the actual end of days maybe thats to far. but the way i look at my peers if feel like im an old guy preaching to people that there is somthing wrong with our generation

15. i didnt mean the actual end of days maybe thats to far. but the way i look at my peers if feel like im an old guy preaching to people that there is somthing wrong with our generation

16. Well it appears you aren't so easily vexed into celebrity cronyism. You are one young person the loony-left misjudged.
    Not so fast on the end of days talk... we will have period where the world will start to feel man its heading on the right track and a period of prosperity may even come. But when people "cry peace and safety, peace and safety," thats when the poo hits the fan.

17. thats scary. i got out of high school a year ago and the people who are least talented and most rich gets praise. its like o yea he get alot of money and he doesnt need to be go at anything he does so thats a good path . the end of day is coming

18. thats scary. i got out of high school a year ago and the people who are least talented and most rich gets praise. its like o yea he get alot of money and he doesnt need to be go at anything he does so thats a good path . the end of day is coming

19. Stop Wars!
    Ron Paul 2012
    LibertyPoet
    website

20. 2:00 minutes, 30 Seconds, 10... Ron Paul 2012!