419 responses to “Ron Paul 2012: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?”

1. TJ

First of all, the comments about whether he can win are ridiculous. He is winning every straw poll within Conservative Republican groups. And, in April, he trailed Obama by 42 to 41 in a Rasmussen poll --- and the PResident is growing more unpopular as Ron Paul gains more influence in Congress.
    The entire Supreme Court is made up of all IVY leaguers and every PResident in the past 22 years has been from these substandard academic institutions. Times are "achanging" PEOPLE. Politics as usual will lead us to certain destruction. Dr. Ron Paul is the only viable candidate who will end the fed, balance the budget by cutting spending and eliminating entire bureaucracies, lower government regulations, and bring peace through strength and secure borders.
    Finally, he has the experience in Washington that has proven his ability to remain uncorrupted by lobbyists. HE has the appeal of an OUTSIDER and the skills of an INSIDER. And if age is an issue, the ticket could be balanced with a BObby Jindal (despite his Ivy League background) or a michael Pence.
    I voted for him in 1988 and will again in 2012 - this time successfully.

2. Fem

What are the requirements for a president to be elected? governor or senator? when in the time line of US history was that put in, and by who?

3. Jeff

Dr. Paul (Ron),

Please run for President!! You are the first politician in my 32 years i have ever heard that makes sense, and to whom i can honestly say i trust. In fact, when i heard your San Fran speech from '08, i began getting involved in politics. I was awoken, and started caring. You are a Patriot, and a man not just for our nation but for the stability of our world - for the universal principles. For this, our country and the world should not be starved of your morals and ethics - the philosophies of civil liberties to all. Our country and our world needs you. Thank you for all you do, and best to you in any and all endeavors no matter what you decide.

4. Giovanni

I can't vote becose I am Italian but I believe in CHANGES!
    Real GOD (not gold) bless AMERICA!

5. Leesa

Ron Paul doesn't have a chance of winning. I'm Throwing my vote away! Wouldn't take a chance of current President getting back in office.

1. Jeff

That's not a very good attitude! It would be a challenge, in consideration of the two party ping pong match we have here, but even the votes for Ron Paul will help the rest of American wake up to real issues. With some luck, and good a good cup of coffee for the nation, he might even win. Don't back down!! We can win this thing. Stick together people!!!

1. Kevin

Ron Paul will win the next election. The war on drugs will stop. The industrial military complex will be shut down. Freedom and compensation will be granted to the innocent people who were incarcerated for smoking pot.

6. Michael Hudson

I read some of these comments and am shocked. For the first time in my life I can look at Government and see man I dont just respect but straight out love. A man of intergrity! Someone who is actually trying to do the right thing for the people and not for payoffs. That alone makes him more qualified for the job then any President in my life time but he brings so much more. Hes a very smart man, a Teacher, a Doctor, a Patriot and I say with sincere conviction a Friend we have long awaited to save us from a corrupt and sickening system that has ruined the American name and destroyed our economy and dreams. Someone said Ron Paul dosent share our common philosophies.. WHAT!! Liberty and Freedom isnt a common philosophy? Stopping special interest from bribing our representation away from the good of the people isnt a common philosophy? Stopping the genocide of other countries in our name isnt a common philosophy? Giving the people back a dependable and honest currency by ending the power of the most ruthless organazation ever to plague civilazation ' The Bankers ' .. Their is no issue that Ron Paul brings light to that isnt the very foundation of the problems facing our nation. Then someone said he didnt have the physical appeal we needed. Really? Are you serious? Are we looking for a game show host to run our country? Maybe Micky Mouse would be more to the peoples liking? The biggest problem facing Ron Paul from saving us is the American people complacentcy. We have the right man.. we have a friggin HERO that non of us deserve. Win or Loose.. their is no more important mission for any man on this earth then Ron Paul has before him. The voice of reason we so desperatly need. Sadly, I do believe that if Ron Paul does win they could make a attempt on his life , they could sink America finacial in retrubution, and they could hurdle us into a endless war.. but I wont give up our Freedom or let them tread on our Constitution to prevent that. Its time for every American to remember who they are, where they came from and all the men who gave their lives to give us this .. dream.

7. Derrick

As much as I love him (I voted for him in the last pres primaries), we need someone with similar philosophies AND a more presidential presentation (larger physical stature, better media viability, etc.). I know it shouldn't matter (and it doesn't to me), but it matters a lot today. If we want these ideas to take hold on a wider scale, we ought to be looking for someone who otherwise LOOKS and comes across presidentially.

8. Joe

H**l yes. We need him.

9. Jonathan

As a liberal, I will vote for you Mr. Paul. We need smaller, more accountable government, less military intervention, as well as respect for civil liberties and the Constitution. You are the only person able to deliver platform.

You'll have my vote.

10. Lachlan

Ron Paul,

You cannot imagine how refreshing it was to see a politician like yourself, and how surprising it was for it to come out of America. The Bush years caused untold damage in America's relationship with Europe and its standing and while in 2008 most fell under Obama's charm, I always disliked his ego, his insincerity and his policies. It is a dangerous thing when a man can manipulate a crowd like Obama can as the public are generally pretty stupid and rarely do what is in the long term interests of a country. I think however that if you could face running for President again the West might have one last shot at saving our Economies and freedoms. I think you are a unique politician in that you are not motivated by personal greed, ambition or vanity. The very fact you are clearly so reluctant to run demonstrates this.

If we had a UK version of you I would support them, unfortunately not only do we not, but our political system makes it extremely difficult to challenge the establishment, there is no all-or-nothing presidential election, the party system effectively can stifle any resistance from within and to break through from without you need considerable support to get a voice, UKIP has 12/72 seats in the European parliament, compared to 0/650 in the British parliament, purely due to the electoral system. As a result I put my hope in you being able to succeed across the pond and in so doing change the political landscape here.

My main reservation regarding you concerns foreign policy, while I believe you are right to pin a lot of America's problems on "blowback" I think it would be unwise, to change anything too suddenly, you must consider America's obligations. For example to withdraw from Korea immediately would put great strain on the region, it would have to be done gradually in order to allow the South to compensate its armed forces and the political situation to stabilise, similarly while Iran may very well be behaving the way it does as a result of America's (and Britain's) exploits over the last 50-100 years, the fact of the matter is that regardless of this they are going to acquire a nuclear weapon if nothing is done. From this point forward you must aim to improve in the future but not cut off America's obligations entirely, an Iran with a nuclear bomb would be a frightening prospect, much more dangerous and Pakistan or India, much more akin to North Korea. Deal with this now or you may not have a opportunity to have more cordial relations in the future.

Good luck and I will be cheering from the sidelines if you run in 2012,

Lachlan

1. Alex Caswell

What about Nigel Farage?
      I've been doing as much research on the European Union as possible lately; since learning of plans to create an North American Union between U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
      The EU is so far a perfect model of what to expect in a NAU: Corruption, greed, tyrany... more of the same, but with more power.
      Nigel Farage seems to be the only voice of reason... at leaast, the only one with balls enouh to ensure he is heard.
      As I study Nigel, and Paul, I discover a great deal of similarities. Both are champions of freedom, democracy, and peace. Think of the amazing things that could happen in a world with Ron Paul as US President, and Nigel Farage and UK Prime Minister.

11. Val Drooger

Ron Paul's got big balls, but he never shows them off. And unfortunately, while being the best man for the job in many decades, he doesn't seem like he can pull out the guns and play hard ball against these "public servants" that haggle out deals not because of what's right and wrong, but because it earns them a favor for some other piece of legislation.
    We need this man, yet he'll never ascend from being just the voice of reason to it's hard-boiled fist of furious righteousness if he simply appeals to the common sense of the people. It's depressing to see every day that this is indeed how politics work.
    But there's always a point in trying, and I fully endorse another campaign. I really hope it works out.

12. Mike

Ron Paul has that unusual ability to appeal to both democrats and republicans, if anybody could unite our country in a bi-partisan effort it would definitely be him. I don't see him as just another politician, he is in fact something quite different, and will bring about real change.

13. Lalli

Its Ron Paul or bust...
    antiwar, anti big government, a doctor that delivered 4000 babies.. opposition to war in iraq.. ideas of freedom, protect the constiution..

Its RON PAUL OR BUST!

14. Greg

I would be happy to help with your campain in the State of Oklahoma in a heartbeat.

15. Thomas Erickson

dear Ron,
    u are my main man Ron i wish you were president cause i wouldnt be shaking in my boots right now and id trust my country is in good hands. Many thanks for all your effort love u buddy

16. HARRY OLIVETO

Surely he will be voted in.

All his fans should start a collection for a new Prsident´s limousine in the form of a WWII Sherman tank.

To protect his life and his family he should NOT run,

It it is too late to uproot evil....!

17. Jeremy Martino

Peter:

I don't want you to feel like this is a personal attach I'm just wanting to establish a point here...

Presidential Candidate with Governor "Experience"

Presidential Candidate with out Governor "Experience"

18. Peter

Every presidential candidate should be elected Governor or Senator before running for president. If Ron Paul can't be elected to one of these two offices, then there is no reason to think he can be elected President. These offices also provide the candidate with the necessary experience, particularly Governor. This is why Trump and Nader should not run for President, but instead focus on Governor.

1. Jeremy Martino

With "Experience"
      W/O "Experience"

19. Jeremy Martino

Dear Rep. Paul,

It has come to my attention that you are still unsure whether or not you are going to continue your chase for the presidency and that an undisclosed percentile of your decision would be based on public support for you to do so. I will be honest and say that I myself did not support your last campaign, partly because of my own negligence in exploring the positions of candidates outside the now 'over exaggerated (failed)' campaign for change that Mr. Barry Soetoro aka President Barack Obama was spearheading. Within the last two years it has become blatantly obvious that this 'change' was a hoax, and that the forces now in power still represent the international globalist movement and are, in fact, no different from those of the Bush administration or the campaign of puppet officials like Al Gore, Sara Palin, and so forth. I come to you Mr. Paul, two years later, a much more humble and informed man. I have greatly researched you and the position in which you stand on key issues such as the FED, TSA, and others, many of which are not even acknowledged by other officials or spoken against as they need be. I, along with countless others, have become much more educated to the secret hidden agendas of this government and those 'elected' to represent it thanks to the unwavering integrity and morality of patriotic Americans like yourself, Mr. Alex Jones, and others. I, in my humility, and representing those, like myself, ask of you to be the voice of reason and the protector of the Constitution; run for president Mr. Paul and you shall receive my full support and thousands of other Americans like me who were 'misinformed' last election season, on top of all of the faithful Ron Paul for President 2008 supporters, together we shall succeed in taking back and restoring the virtues of this great nation. The American people, Mr. Paul, are asking you to be our voice... and "To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men." - Abraham Lincoln

1. Wendy

I am with you all the way Ron Paul. At 39 years old, I have never been registered to vote. Because of you, I actually registered today for the first time! I am not a fan of politics because of the lies, deceit and confusion that typically goes with it. With the way the world is going today, I feel it is more important than ever make my vote count with a good leader such as you. I will shout out your name for the next two years any time I get the chance and pray to God people wake up and take a stand. Otherwise I fear of what is to come. Pass the word around people! Keep posting videos and get Ron Pauls name out there!! This is our chance to turn things around!! Please run for president Ron Paul!!!!!

20. rukidding

Are you kidding me? Mr Ron Paul should be the President in 2000 and 2004. He would have saved the world a lot of heartaches.

It is a resounding YES!

From a non-American, affected by wanton American State Secretaries, hell-BEN on inflation Fed, blissfully ignorant Treasury Secretaries and manipulated Presidents... And oh yeah... Tickled by the shameless fake economic medicine peddler

21. Monique

Voted for Ron in 2008. Would definitely vote for him in the next election.

22. Michael Hudson

I beg you please sir run for President. I have thought our country lost, the blood of patriots spilt in vain until I heard the crying of the people shouting of Ron Paul. Never have we needed a Hero of the people like we do now and never has their been a Hero of the people like you. I admire you beyond words and respect your strength and integrity more then anyone who has ever stood up for country. Your are our last and best hope to save America and if you step down all that is will be lost to tyrants and sellouts. If you do not save us I fear the final price will be in blood weather it come in submission or rebellion.

23. Stephen

Ron Paul absolutely needs to run for president in 2012.

If he wins:

...It will be the beginning of a revolution. American's voices will be heard through Ron Paul and he will begin to push America in the right direction.

If he loses:

...He still wins. He would be able to present real issues to the American people and in doing that, he will be able to break down neocons, bureaucrats, etc;....

General Election

The Presidential debates would be phenomenal. Ron has so much knowlege, far more than Obama. Paul will win the debates hands down and expose Obama for who he really is.

Ron Paul would win the General Election in 2012.
    The Primaries are the real challenge.

24. Theresa Robinson

You know who you are...

Ron Paul Gang Holiday Gathering!

25. Theresa Robinson

Run Ron Run!

Virginia is for Ron Paul Lovers!!

26. Billy

He is the only hope right now in congress. They are all bought off by the plutarchs. It's a sorry sorry scene. Basically, the only thing that is going to change the situation is massive pressure from without. Unfortunately, it would be very dangerous for Ron Paul to run. If he became the Republican nominee, the powers that be would do anything to ensure he does not become president, and if by some chance he did, he would not live long into his term. Very very risky. Think back to Ross Perot-- his family was threatened, which is why he dropped out initially in '92. Let's not fool ourselves here.

27. FreedomFighter!

Ron Paul is truly the Last Hope for a push towards Freedom & Liberty in America! Get out in the streets NOW, Make signs and Banners, Hang them at busy intersections, Talk to your family and friends, Keep the Revolution Going People!! You just gotta Ask yourself, 'Do you want Fascism Or Freedom??!!' Our Country needs a Ron Paul Revolution Now more than Ever!! Ron Paul 2012!! Abolish Fascism, Restore The Republic!!

28. Steve Ertzberger

If anybody can turn this country around,he would be the man!

29. Colin

It looks like Gary Johnson is going to run and Ron Paul could/should throw his weight behind that campaign. Paul himself is still needed in Congress. (or as Fed Chairman eventually)

30. Palmer

Image is important in the eye of the voter. Paul doesn't have the physical image of a significant world leader that the voters want. We just need to pray that Rand Paul runs for president as soon as possible. We need to realize that the hope for America is not in a man, it's in a perspective. Or a philosophy. Ron Paul is not the only one with the correct philosophy that America needs. He's just the best one so far who's actually ran for president recently.

About Palin (or anyone else) as a running mate... It might not be a bad idea. Paul is going to need to win over a lot of people in order to take office. Palin could help. Image is so important these days(unfortunate, I know... But that's how it is in our current, corrupt politics)... Am I saying we need to compromise with having a running mate as Palin? Yes. Nobody likes compromise, but at this point, we just need to get our foot in the door. Changing politics isn't an overnight deal. And Paul will never be the solution by himself. He's just the ignition to a chain reaction. And when I say "Paul" I mean Ron, or Rand, or anyone else who adopts his perspective.

1. Kiera

Palin??? That would mess everything up! She doesnt even know that her countries and thinks she can 'see Russia from her backyard' If she's the best one to come up with, then just forget about a vice president altogether. As Ron Paul himself once even stated, she doesnt addresss issues such as Federal Reserve(I'd say she doesnt know what it is). She makes reality shows and her daughter goes on Dancing With The Stars, and like her mother, nothing really there to show off! All Palin would do is make everyone look bad! She is the real deal on Marilyn Monroe. Everyone should apologize to blondes though after Sarah Palin, lol. Her being close to president is a very scary thought!
      What about Jesse Ventura instead, Paul and Ventura would make an excellent team. Now, they would make the Feds scared. Sarah wouldnt scare anyone though, just amuse them

1. John

I like your take on Palin - though would add she may well see Russia from her back yard across the Bering Strait - so encourage her to keep a close eye on them Ruskies - from right there in her back yard but nowhere else!
        Good name Kiera - exact same as my daughter :)

2. Jimmy

One of the reasons that McCain lost, is that he was old and he chose Palin. Had he chosen anyone else, he might have had a chance. If our good old friend Paul makes a bad choice for his running mate, he will also be doomed. Because let's not forget, the fact is that he is getting old and as much as I wish that he will live forever, is age means that his choice of running mate is very important.

31. Joe

I hope Ron decides to run in '12. He is the only candidate from any party that excites me and talks about the real issues we face. Even though some will say it is unlikely that he would get the party nomination, he should still run. It would inject substance into the debates and grow the liberty movement even more. Good luck.

32. mitch

Ron can never win because he is for the PEOPLE.. The Zionist news won't give him the time of day on TV he deserves. The FED would probably have him killed, and say he died of old age or something random. As much I would love to see him as president, it can not and will not happen in our current situation.. Good luck to you Ron Paul.

1. John

If the people truly want a man for the people it is the responsibility of the people to act to achieve that - no one else is responsible or to blame for it not coming to be whatever hurdles and barriers others may erect - train body and mind for the fitness and wisdom needed to clear the hurdles and bypass the barriers - look to the positives and possibles in life - stick with it and they will come to be reality :)

33. Butokuden

If he doesn't then there is no hope left for the country, and probably the world.

34. SUSAN GALLAGHER

He needs to, its not a choice.

35. Jimmy

As long as he isn't constrain to take Palin as running mate ;)

1 2 3 11