Ron Paul 2012: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

This Ron Paul 2012 poll is now closed. It was open from November 29 until December 11, 2010.

Our readers submitted 12,346 votes and 403 comments while the poll was open. The results are displayed below.

Should Ron Paul run for President in 2012?

• Yes. (94%, 11,560 Votes)
  • No. (4%, 487 Votes)
  • It depends. (explain below) (2%, 235 Votes)
  • I don’t know. (0%, 64 Votes)

Total Voters: 12,346

1. He will be attacked by both sides of the aisle as “unelectable”. The truth is very offensive to people in Washington and the media, a place where all sides are so wrong on so many issues. They have told their lies so often, even they are beginning to believe them. I fully support him in his efforts and look forward to his debates. It shouldn’t be hard to expose “the rest” for what they really are.

2. It depends on how he goes about running. If he runs again just to get the message out like he use to say in 07 then I don’t think he stands a chance and shouldn’t do it. But if he runs to win it, tries to announce his run ASAP and maybe recaptures some of the momentum stolen by the MSM coined Tea Party then maybe he stands a chance and should go for it.

3. I would love to have Ron run. However, It is a great sacrifice to put yourself through this exercise. Mainstream Republican’s have not supported Ron’s platform.
    The Right Wing Media has worked hard to discredit him as a potential Presidential Candidate. (Limbaugh, Hannity, Levine). Therefore, I believe Ron should work to develop a successor we can get behind!

I truly wish that Ron could be our President.
    But
    It appears that the voters we need to win the election…Would rather support that less then Presidential tea bagger Palin

4. If Ron Paul doesn’t run, we’re in bigger trouble than you can imagine! At the very least, his insight on our current economic situation being discussed in the mainstream media should help some Americans wake up and smell the inflated price of coffee. I’m doing my part in my own district. Darryl Issa was re-elected to Congress and hasn’t done one thing to help, not only the American people, but anyone in is district. I believe if we all start right in our own home districts to expose government waste, corruption and grandstanding by petty politicians, we’ll have a better chance at reaching our fellow Americans. If you’re interested in seeing how one small American from her desktop computer is trying to make a difference in her community, please visit my website; http://www.district49.net and feel free to copy my idea. Let’s bring the Will of the People to Washington, not Washington’s will to the people…and for heaven’s sake, let’s END THE FED before they entirely collapse our economy on the back of every taxpaying American (and fatten their bank accounts abroad at the same time).

5. I am a democrat and not only would I vote for Ron Paul for president, I would campaign for him. He is the only republican I would consider, but I really don’t care for his son’s politics. I voted for Obama because W had things so fouled up, anyone looked good, and Obama promised to get us out of those stupid wars, shut down Guantanimo, eliminate torture, create and keep jobs in the USA, and none of this has happened. I should have cast my vote for Hilirary, and Palin is a joke.

6. I fear for his safety if he puts himself forward, as the people behind the destruction of your country will try and silence him with deadly force. All honest Americans must protect him.

• You are probably right, Maxi. But, the assassination of a 10-term Congressman would be the kind of headline news “they” really don’t need right now. I would have thought the author of “The Creature from Jekyll Island” would have been a significant target as well, but his exposure of the evils of the Federal Reserve and our current fractional-reserve banking system hasn’t kept him out of the limelight. He has a whole series on YouTube about this book and it’s well worth viewing for the average American who’d like a quick update on what is happening to our economy.

I hope We the People will come out in resounding support for Dr. Paul to run for the Presidency. That front-line media exposure alone should keep him safer, but the real issue will come if it appears he has a real chance of winning…Bernacke and his chronies in the banking system, not just nationally, but globally, will move him up their list very quickly I believe. What we all need to watch out for is the World Bank, United Nations and International Monetary Funds’ actions over the next couple of years. The move toward global domination of the economic markets has been well underway for decades and is getting ready to topple the final stumbling block, the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights by crippling the people it has protected for so long…the American taxpaying citizen. My only fear is that the American people will realize all too late…your forefathers fought, shed blood and died to provide you freedom in Life, Liberty and the pursuits of Happiness in independent ownership of property and you’ve wasted this hard fought for privilege on the pursuits of your “whose is the biggest” flat screen TV, most expensive designer wallet and bag, most-extreme sportswear, most extensive cosmetic surgery…we’re all about the “bling” and our politicians are all about the “pomp and circumstance.” We’ve become a country of idiots…and the rest of the world is watching and laughing in disgust as we all go down in flames fanned by the Federal Reserve’s monopoly money…literally! It’s worth exactly what it says on its face its worth…”All debts public and private,” today 13.7 Trillion dollars of debt…congratulations American taxpayer of the 21st century, you’ve just changed the view of America as a Superpower to America as a Super-spender…and guess who owes all that money back that the Federal Reserve prints to loan out to big bankers, foreign governments and crooked politicians around the world…YOU DO!!!! (and of course, your children’s children’s children…).

The only way we can stop this INSANITY is to re-read our United States Constitution, especially the PREAMBLE and Bill of Rights and UNDERSTAND THEM…ask other Americans if you don’t understand…we’ll help you, because what we all know is that no one will help us if we aren’t willing to help ourselves. Why should they? And, don’t look for Obama bucks or anything else being “promised” by our federal government to help us now…they’re the ones authorizing the FED to print the money that has put us into this enormous national debt. Ron Paul has advocated that the Federal Reserve and our current fractional-reserve banking system be ended…TODAY! Until every American citizen realizes WHY he’s demanding this be done, we’re doomed. Please, please…take just a few minutes of your day and read about what the “bailed-out” banking community and the FED is doing to your country and your children’s future. You can go onto YouTube and look up The Creature from Jeckyll Island or onto my website; http://www.district49.net and click on the links…once you understand, I believe all Americans will do as I did…first I cried, then I got angry, now I’m trying to make a small difference in my community because, “I’m mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!”

7. Ron Paul should run for president if all the grass root people do not bend and give him money. All of us have to campaign every day for Ron Paul.

The elite will attack Ron Paul, and will use vial techniques against him, just like they tried against his son.

Support Alex Jones- he is our front line (radio) against the enslavement of the American people.

8. Yes – if he wants to. As much as folks want that title, it’s a lot of work and drama. If I was in my 70’s, not sure I’d want to spend my golden years that way. I think he may have a better shot at it than anyone else from this thought camp. I think if he were to go for election, or even be elected, he needs to create a sort of “training” where he starts out very simple from the beginning, educating Americans on the Constitution, then build from there on how we aren’t aligned with it, how we are weaker because of it, how to correct that, etc. I’ve been woefully uneducated, and I think that is so for many Americans. I don’t agree that he isn’t a good speaker. I find him direct, to the point, and more understandable than most. I think because he isn’t a lawyer. I kinda think it should be illegal for lawyers to run for office as they rather muck things up with all their double talk! Anytime I read a legal document, I need someone to interpret it for me. Once it’s open to interpretation, there are too many interpretations. I’d like to see plain language used, then a health plan would fit on 2-5 pages rather than 14,000!

9. I belong to a local Tea Party..It is a good party…We do not endorse anyone, but will log and tell you both sides of any politicial matter…You decide…You vote…The main problem with most Tea Parties is that many people join so to be a Patroit and end up sitting at home watching “Dancing with the Stars” when out monthly meetings are held or it is time to contribute time or money. I joined when a friend of mine stated “I have put my life on hold for my children and their children”. I feel the same and spend maybe three hours nightly on research, mostly on past government corruption..IF ONLY WE COULD GET A PICTURE OF RON PAUL saying “JOIN A “TEA PARTY” “ANY TEA PARTY”. I, and our goroup member would raise funds to place his picture and the above statement on BILLBOARDS all over out area. Maybe then, our own PART TIME PATROITS would truly WAKEUP and others would get the drift and become members to fight for out Constitution and our liberties we are so quickly losing…JOIN A TEA PARTY PEOPLE….I AM YOU….”WE THE PEOPLE”.

10. Not only do we need real change but a real president to do it. We need Ron Paul in 2012

11. @ Pep303. Jim Demint is a full fledged neocon. Do you think ANYTHING overseas is going to change if he becomes president. Not to mention he is fringe right on every social issue. NO THANKS!

12. I wrote that it would depend on things. Not to say that if he would run that I wouldn’t vote for him; he is becoming one of my favorite politicians. My concern is that I have been losing faith in the office of the Presidency, and in the political system in general. How much can a person accomplish in that position on their own? If there isn’t a global conspiracy and by chance or faith he got the votes there would still be a large battle with the powers that be for any positive change to happen. I’ve said this in another post somewhere else; What this country needs isn’t a great President but a great awakening. Maybe Ron Paul running would help user that in, I don’t know, but one thing is evident either way; change has to come from the bottom – up, not the top – down.

13. I belong to a local Tea Party..It is a good party…We do not endorse anyone, but will log and tell you both sides of any politicial matter…You decide…You vote…The main problem with most Tea Parties is that many people join so to be a Patroit and end up sitting at home watching “Dancing with the Stars” when out monthly meetings are held or it is time to contribute time or money. I joined when a friend of mine stated “I have put my life on hold for my children and their children”. I feel the same and spend maybe three hours nightly on research, mostly on past government corruption..IF ONLY WE COULD GET A PICTURE OF RON PAUL saying “JOIN A “TEA PARTY” “ANY TEA PARTY”. I, and our goroup member would raise funds to place his picture and the above statement on BILLBOARDS all over out area. Maybe then, our own PART TIME PATROITS would truly WAKEUP

14. George R, DeMint Jr

I’ve submitted a write in vote for Ron Paul the last several elections. Some people say that’s a vote was thrown away, but I will only vote for someone who will uphold our constitution. That has NOT been happening for some time now. Ron will bring us back to the “We the people” Republic we started with and eliminate all this ancillary garbage we are now stuck with. Where is my sticker?

15. I absolutely believe we need Mr. Paul to run for president. As the wikileaks show, we are in desperate need of someone with values and a moral base that believes in honesty and integrity. You know, what this country was based on when our founding fathers created this country. Our government dosn’t seem to care why the terrorist groups hate us or why so many other nations hate us. It is because of our back room deals and meddling in other nations affairs. We need to draw our troops home from around this world and save our dollars for the needs of our citizens. Notice I say our citizens, This does not mean spend the money on illegals who help sway latino votes toward the extreme left, and yes these are the words of a democrat.
    Ben Gregory (dem)

16. That is a resounding “YES!!!” to Dr. Paul running. He stands behind the cconstitution, loweriing government spending, and giving ou tax money away. If asked to contribute to his campaign then let us give what we can and urge other voters to do the same.
    Dr. Paul, DO, don’t just say. America needs to get it’s government back.

17. I agree with Tamara. I love Ron Paul’s policy. He will need more charisma and needs to be able to connect with the average American. During the republican debates last presidential election, I could just see peoples eyes glaze over when he spoke. He talked over a lot of the other candidates heads that were in the debate and certainly the average american was not getting what he was saying. Although what he was saying was true and correct.

18. Ron, please run for president and have Andrew Napolitano as your running mate – AND make that VERY clear from the VERY beginning. The two of you can save this country by closing our borders for real (not just play-like), stop the flow of illegals and drugs and enforce the 14th Amendment – I know you are for that. You also said you wanted to stop the out-sourcing, open our factories and put Americans back to work. I also heard you say that everything sold in this country should be made in the USA. We can be strong again, but it will take all of us, and with you and Napolitano as our leaders it can happen. You also said you want to bring ALL of our troops home, that we are so hated by the world because of our military presence in almost every country. Those soldiers will have jobs because our factories will open and running. You also want to end the Federal Reserve (it does nothing for us) and for America to get out of the World Bank, by doing that we can make the dollar strong again. I support you all the way and have for years. God Bless You. God help us all!!! P.S. I would love to have bumper sticker that says: VOTE for RON PAUL AND ANDREW NAPOLITANO IN 2012.

19. Ron Paul is a wonderful and considerate teacher. Am not sure he has a burning intent on becoming president. There are others I am considering:
    Gary Johnson (two time governor of New Mexico) Jim DiMint (Senator)
    Chris Christie (governor of New Jersey), governor Schweitzer of Montana. All are intelligent, very hard driving, and do not back down.

20. Yes, he most definately should run! I don’t care how he says what he says, the point is that he is saying what needs to be said!

Go Ron!