420 responses to “Ron Paul 2012: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?”

1. Pat Styers

I believe that after the fiasco when he ran before, he should run as a third party and not a republican. It is evident that the Republicans will shut him out like they did before. We need to put lots of pressure on the media this time to invite him to EVERY debate so more people can hear his message. We also need to make sure that we tell everyone we know about him and get the message out. This two party system that we have here needs a BIG challenge and I believe Ron Paul is the one to do that. He needs to pick a really great running-mate!
    Go Ron Paul! You are a voice of common-sense in the nonsense world of politics!

2. James Jaeger

Dear Dr. Paul,

Please consider this message:

It appears that you and/or your staff have not made the distinction between the small numbers (10 million) that view the Nomination Debates on cable TV versus the huge numbers (70 million) that view the Presidential Debates on the major networks in the fall, thus you might think you are going to be “talking to the country in a big way” by getting into the Nomination Debates. But you won’t.

Also you are not focusing on the fact that, in the Nomination Debates, the moderators can ostracize your (or any of the participants) by asking you only a few superficial questions and then ignoring you in favor of Republican favorites, such as Romney. This is what they did to you in 2008, remember? But in the Presidential Debates there has to be “equal time given to all three of the candidates,” thus the moderator cannot ignore you (or any of the candidates). It’s a MUCH different ballgame. It does not seem that you and/or your staff are aware of these things, thus they think they would be pulling off a big accomplishment by running you in the GOP nominations when such debates are small potatoes, and capable of being rigged in favor of who the moderators like.

The big prize is the fall Presidential Debates — 70 million viewers, on the major networks, and incapable of being rigged by partial, leftist moderators.

But only a third-party run with a strategy that does not threaten the people with the dissolution of the welfare state will get one into the “big show.” Are you and your staff willing to put together such a strategy? If so, I would strongly recommend that you and they read

Nelson Hultberg’s book, THE CONSERVATIVE REVOLUTION , copy sent to you and available at http://www.afr.org

It does not appear that you or anyone on your staff have read this book, otherwise you would not be making the mistakes you are now making.

These mistakes are why truth and freedom often get lost in the tumult of history as it unfolds. Freedom’s advocates fail to understand vital points and strategies simply because they won’t open up their minds to new ideas and approaches that will further their cause. They get frozen in the old conventional ways of strategizing, and prefer to do what has always been done before, even when it repeatedly fails.

Dr. Paul, we respectfully ask you to please don’t fall into this trap,

James Jaeger and Nelson Hultberg

3. Tina

Run and announce a huge running mate early in the game like Michelle Bachmann or Judge Napalitano so that you will be a power house right from the get go.

4. Joseph Evins

Run Ron Run! I think the republican party is to bought and sold for anything to ever happen there, third party is where it should be at.

5. Richard Velasquez

i would love for Ron Paul to be president but i sadly believe that there are so many bought and paid for politicians, media sources and other pac groups that know they could not recieve the same type of BENEFITS with a President Ron Paul. I have lost so much faith in our current system that I really believe that the powers that be would not let him finish a term if elected. But I also truly feel Ron Paul is the type of president the U.S. needs now. i don’t believe he can fix everything in 2 terms but he certainly can lead us in the right direction and show the American people that with proper direction and true leadership our country can be saved and become the worlds most powerful nation again.

6. Dana

Ron Paul believes in the Constitution and the American dream for every American. But so many of our politicians are paid off that I’m not sure if he or other politicians who stand up for the American people can make a difference. If Ron Paul can wake up the American people to what our government is doing to us, then I think some good things can happen for our nation.

7. Mickey Josephson

I hope he has the courage to run, I hate to see us all to become slaves of the state.
    He knows the risks. I hope he decides to inspire the courage necessary to bring if off.

Mickey Josephson

8. Charles W. Hecht

Ron Paul is a man with extremely well placed common sense though I’m not sure that he could make a substantial difference (in time) under our current political system. However, I do believe he should be given the chance to at least try to bring about some cohesion in this otherwise self destructive current political environment that’s bent on bringing down everything “we the people” hold so dear.

An American in living in SE Asia for 25 years

9. Billy Cunningham

Ron is a rare bird. He believes in the United States of America and the Constitution. Hopefully the people will heed his message before it is too late. Ron needs to run again for president and with our help we can take control of this foundering ship before is sinks in to the history as an interesting idea that the masses could not understand and let slip out of their hands. America is not a land or a country it is an idea of freedom and hope and prosperity to be nurtured and pass on from generation to generation.

10. John

Wait ’till 2016 for the best chance. People will really be ticked off by then and his message will have more resonance.
    I will vote for him, nevertheless!

11. jackattack

ron paul is one of the few men that believe in the consitution and freedom in america. we are socialist now being ruled by a muslim with no birth certificate.

12. Mark Woychik

I seriously doubt their will be another Presidential election. However if there is Ron is Americas last hope.

13. George Tolhurst

By all means Ron should run for president. They (the insiders) were so afraid of him last time that they arranged for all of there controlled Republican canidates (all democratic canidates were controlled by the insiders as well) to drop out of the race and throw there support behind McCain who also happened to born outside of the continental U.S. They really had a great fear that under public pressure Ron Paul would have to be included in some of the Presidental debates.
    Even with there control of the media I con’t believe that they will be able to Keep Ron Paul out of the presidentlal debates in 2012.
    Go RON PAUL go and keep fightling as your doing more to AWAKEN our dazed americans than any of us.

14. Gerard

The US, and the whole world needs Ron Paul as President!

Kind regards,
    Gerard from Europe

15. steven Streets

Not my #1 choice but we dont have any choice with the unelected guvnors of the monopoly money. In spite of other areas I disagree with the Doctor, I’m a very big fan (precisely the reasons why Mrs Palin cost my Navy guy John McCain my once rock solid vote. I was a Navy orphan). No one else is even willing to state publicly they have even read Article One section 8 and 10. Let alone think out loud in public about it. The Cowards.
    That is the single most overriding issue today. Restoring monetary authority to elected officials. Destroying the evil monopoly money and returning the mandated two precious metal legal tender system to the States. That’s the only way Wall Street and Main Street will ever meet at the same intersection. When Wall Street has to lobby on Main Street in 50 State capitals .
    As victim of the Catholic Churchs’ serial obstructions of Justice for sex abuse victims, I dont buy their argument that they hold the vulnerable and helpless in the highest esteem. I’ve seen that lie dis-proven with a false complaint of trespassing at my own church (on the 4th of July too, my God). But the Bishops bless every fiat specie banker that walks in the church with a stolen donation to keep them fat and silent. “No”…Church, first; you SHOW ME something better and worthy of Christs Cross and name. Theocracy is anti-Christ.
    If McCain had picked Ron Paul for VP i would have become an eager volunteer.
    Instead I’m happy with the way things turned out. I have certain trust in anybody Air Force as long as they dont try to usurp my daughters G’d given authority to make life and death decisions for her own children. As her loving father I would not even dare. Don’t even think about it. I really hate men who play G’d. Otherwise I’d be happy to keep Obama/Biden for 14 more years.
    It’s about the Gold and Silver if you want my vote in anything to do with this Government, and keeping religion out of it. That’s who we’re fighting a war with now; Islamic theocrats.
    You might call me a Neo-Jacksonian. Don’t talk to me of war unless you obsess over winning it with economy and lasting effectiveness. And paying our soldiers in the Gold they freeze their butts off to guard at Ft Knox. Been there done that.
    I want my fair share of OUR Gold. And my Constitutional Silver dime that was stolen from President Kennedys grave. I am an American fighting man. (or was, i gotta keep the Honor code and tell the truth about that. Anything to do with my family I lie like my Air Force mom taught me well). Go Falcons!
    God bless and guide Dr. Ron Paul for President.

16. Dwight Kothmann

This is entirely up to Ron Paul. I will vote for him regardless. I would be more interested in Ron Paul being our next governor of Texas. However, if Ron Paul wants to run for the presidency in 2012, I will vote for him. I would like to take this time to express my concern for Ron Paul in regards to his new appointment on the committee overseeing the federal reserve. He has made many enemies amongst the financiers simply by opposing defecit spending, fiat currency, and irresponsible behavior. I should hope he will surround himself with a dedicated security detail. We must protect Ron Paul at all costs, he is the only hope for some return to sanity regarding finances and the survival of our nation. I wish him all the best, at all times, and thank him for his service to our state, and its citizens he has faithfully represented.

17. Mike

Why does nobody talk about Ron Paul running for Texas senator? He would win it for sure but as for president, he would not win the nomination.

1. Marcus

Great idea, and seems more realistic. Perhaps RP does not really want the presidency, but just to be wreaking the havoc on Washington that he has been doing.

18. Matt

Yes yes yes!! Ron Paul will make a great president BUT he should run as a 3rd party.

19. Troy Cooper

Indeed. Those who are posting content suggesting otherwise, HERE of all places, are surely worried about Dr. Paul being President and turning this ship around and setting a course for the U.S. Constitution. We need his service where it can do the greatest good (while he’s still able to serve us) – in the highest office, so that he may set examples for others to follow and help us help ourselves in this country again. Many fear him – chiefly those who are NOT working in the People’s best interest!

20. kathy

I think he should run but if that is unsuccessful please keep your campaign to legalize hemp.We are such suckers importing thingswe can grow here to produce a new indusrty and outsourcing has to stop!!!

21. Jack Reinhard

Ron Paul is the most knowledgeable economist in Congress. It would be a waste of his time and ability for him to invest time and efforts to run when he can have more influence in educating and informing taxpayers and influencing other potential Presidential candidates. Although he would be a more rational and knowledgeable candidate than Sarah Palin, he can do more good for the country by helping stronger candidates than her to set the course that the country needs to climb out of the deep hole that Congress and the Federal Reserve have dug. This will take years, and Dr. Paul would better use his time to help guide Congress to make better decisions over the next 6 to 8 years. That time is an optimistic hope that the country has finally moved toward the right direction.

22. lew bean

I suspect a poll on a Dr. Ron Paul site would have a 95% affirmative response, just as I would suspect that President Obama’s site would have reciprocal result. What would an unobjective poll state?
    Dr. Paul has stayed his principles but has been ineffective in legislation. He is a learned and inspiring teacher, but has not displayed leadership tactics. After 30 years in Washington he has preached fiscal responsibility, but believes congress is nothing more than about appropriations. At one time his platform espoused term limits, but apparently he meant only everyone else.
    He knows how to stir the pot, but doesn’t know how to dish it out.
    I respect my congressman; however, he is not my savior. Only part of the Tea Party would support him, not all. I would gladly consider a protege of his who can unite rather than divide.

23. Lisa Walter

Ron Paul for President and Judge Nap for VP!!!!

1. Troy Cooper

Right on, Lisa! What a combo!!!

24. Tracy

I think it would be good for Ron Paul to run for President, but on the other hand a lot of people would probably say he is a little old for the job. His son Rand Paul might be a more appealing candidate to the country even though I know Ron Paul would be an Awesome President. Hopefully the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree!!

25. Michael Edward

If people would just populate http://www.AmericansRestoringAmerica.com, this nightmare would be over in just 3 to 5 years. I’m serious! Study the web site. Consider what would happen if all the Tea Party People were to use http://www.TeaPartyCommunications.com or what if everyone who holds dear their 2nd Amendment Rights were to join http://www.ThePeoplesBillOfRights.com and so on. Look at all the subjects People have passion! THEN, what would happen were they to congregate at StatewideCommunications? The Aggregate Total of ALL the Membership would bring to bear these AmericansWithPitchforks.com.

Forget the Republican Party! Forget the Democratic Party! See: http://www.FromTheConsentOfTheGoverned.com where the ARA membership themselves can run for office; WIN just from the the ARA membership branding their ideology with the American Eagle with One Ass handful in one set of talon’s and One Elephant handful in the other set of talon’s.

Dr. No could win simply on the organized membership found with Americans Restoring America.

Regards,
    ME
    800-625-4250

26. Jakki Musgrave

Ron Paul, sir, you are the only man with the wisdom, courage, principle, intelligence, savvy, and integrity for this job. You know this sir~!! Any more Illuminati puppets, and this country and all Americans are doomed! Sir, we just want to raise our children in our little homes with a little peace. We do not deserve the atrocity this group of people want to unleash on mankind. If you run for President, you will have the opportunity above anyone else in history EVER to actually SAVE THE WORLD. Seriously,…you have been round long enough to know what is going on behind the scenes. FEMA has got to go. OBAMA health care HAS GOT TO GO. ABOVE ALL,…THE FED AND THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL PATRIOT ACT HA GOT TO GO!!! Be the man Dr. Paul. I am begging you. In Jesus name, God Bless You,.

27. alex paine

I pray he will run or Rand Paul will. If not someone like them but not Bob Barr.

28. Zachary

Should Ron Paul run for president in 2012
    Does a 10 pound bag of flour make a really big biscuit?

29. FFFLATS

I think very candidate that run for the most important job in the United States,should take a liars test. Itruly believe ron paul would pass this test.
    PLEASE RUN RON PAUL

30. Micheal Cox

Ron Paul is the Repulic’s last best hope to bring it back to the rule of law and the Constitution. Otherwise, we will all be on the “Road to Serfdom”.

31. outrider

Paul is dead on right on most issues, but he has a penchant for being so abjectly dead wrong on two or three issues which are of major importance that I believe he should step aside and let a more sensible person like Tom Coburn or even Sen. DeMint run. He lost my support permanently with his asanine position on the ground zero mosque.

32. thetumta

John Bolton? Mr. Empire? Empire is never conservative.

33. Sal Princiotta

How can we defete S.510?!

What can you say about this Dr. Paul?

34. Albert Buswell

I would love to see Ron Paul as President, but I’m concerned that the media and the “moderate” GOP would make him unelectable. I think the turncoats in his own party would sabatoge him. I also think that he should not run as a third party candidate as that will guarantee an Obama win. The most important thing right now is to get rid of that Communist Usurper.

1. Brian D.Sylvia

The ONLY ‘Party’ that will SUPPORT HIM . . . WITHOUT QUESTION is the ‘Tea Party’ . . . the rest of the GOP will have only 2 choices . . . 1.) Get ‘On Board’ an Follow’ the Tea Party . . . or 2.) They will become KNOWN . . . WITHOUT QUESTION that they are following the ‘Big Money’ of the country, an NOT the people who PUT them there. Either way, should they NOT, then it will be the END of them, just like the Tea Party has done to the Dem’s. The Tea Party has taken OFF the ‘Masks’ that people have been wearing for many years. It how were GOING to ‘TAKE BACK’ our country . . . failing this, I can ONLY see it being done by ‘Civil War’.

2. dixiedog

I agree with A. Buswell (above), in that, the media and the “moderate” GOP would make him unelectable. Just look back to when Pat Buchanan (another libertarian) was making a presidential run. We need a VERY STRONG, vibrant constitutionalist/libertarian who can conquer the hurdles and not back down! (i.e., the personality of Judge Napolitano)

35. Brian D. Sylvia

YES, I think he should run. I posted a ‘It Depends’ ONLY because I wished to post THIS comment. Should you run, Ron, I think that you should have your SON, as your Vice., however it should be made KNOWN, on a WIDE BASIS that the decision was NOT yours, but an OUTSIDE group. THIS an this ALONE should be your running platform . . . you should run on just these 2 points 1.) ENDING the Federal Reserve . . . PERMANENTLY. 2.) ENDING the IRS Should you run on JUST these 2 points, there is NO ONE from EITHER party that could ‘Stand Against’ you. You can add OTHER things TO this, but it MUST be these 2 points that are your BASE. I think adding, that you will ALSO rid us of the TSA would HELP you a great deal, as well.