182 responses to “Ron Paul: End the Fed by Allowing Competing Currencies”

1. ecopsych101

by the way, we can use gold and especially silver as a currency.

Example: Find a baby sitter who will accept an ounce of silver for the night, buy a used car from a friend with gold and silver. Shop only at owner operated businesses and deal in gold or silver whenever you can.

2. MrGb1965

Audit the CPI

3. Bidon45

he doesnt want to be

4. aragornsargonath

If we can’t use gold or silver as competing currencies atm, why don’t our individual states make their own currencies since they can?

1. Citizen

States can and should mint their own bullion currencies.
      BUT
      the federal government must permit the use of an alternate “competing currency”, since the Constitution mandates that the government “regulates” the currency.

Gold or Silver bullion currency need only be marked with an honest WEIGHT and PURITY to become a legal.

No denomination needs to be defined, it could float with market conditions.

5. srpopei

what about those bitches running their mouth all over the jewmedia. Instead of
    running their asses and service the men…insane world we live in.

6. Chuck Creighbaum

You guys complaining about Democrats should realize that it was Nixon, a Republican, that RUINED the US Dollar. And then, Reagan, another Republican, that instigated the printing of BILLIONs of useless ones so he could run the big bluff on Russia. Republicans TALK alright, about money, but their ACTIONS are far worse than the Democrats. I suspect that Ron Paul has something right.
    It is REALLY the BANKS that force the FED to print dollars so they can turn their little tick marks in their ledgers into cash. There is not enough cash in EXISTENCE to pay off all the imaginary tick marks in the ledgers on Wall Street.

7. TovChaver

Ron Paul is WAY TO intelligent to be a politician. He doesn’t fit the mold to be a politician which is One has to be a liar, power hungry, have no clue of monetary policy or economic policy, greedy, disregard the Constitution. All of those qualifications for politicians do not fit Ron Paul. He doesn’t qualify for it cause he is honest, abides for the Constitution, can’t be bought or sold, and has more knowledge of monetary and economic policy than any person in Congress and the Fed Reserve!

8. sevenstarstyle

Sorry about that… actually that was very impulsive for me to write and I take it back. I do like 90% of what he represents, but to say he can’t do this or that because his hands are tied won’t wash in the long run. He will need to stand in the muck very much like JF Kennedy or Jimmy Hoffa did and be willing to put his life on the line. If you have been doing your homework as I’m sure you have, then you realize that this is not an option. Regards and my apologies.

9. sevenstarstyle

10. 411American

Mr Ron Paul
    Abraham Lincoln tried what your about to and was assassinated as Lincoln used community green backs as an alternative before the Federal Reserve cartel had him removed and the people denied of green back value. For every $100 dollars of federal reserve monies the people should receive $120.00 in greenbacks and business that are American offer an extra 10% on top giving America an incentive . Watch out Lincoln got kill when he told the people they can pay tax’s with it.

11. 411American

Mr Ron Paul

12. Brian D. Sylvia

Returning us ‘Back’ to a ‘GOLD STANDARD’ would be the ‘Easiest’ way to return us BACK to ‘Solvency’. With the ‘Removal’ of the FED, an the ‘ENDING’ of the IRS, it would go a LONG WAY to ‘Getting our country Back’.

13. ZOTMAN5

Dr Paul is not our President because of the zombies. Zombies are those people who shuffle to the poles chanting “Republican, Democrat” and push the button next to the name the party leader told them to push. Paul was cheated by the Republican party during the primaries because his was not the name the Zombie overlords told them to pick.

RON PAUL 2012!!!!

14. ZOTMAN5

RON PAUL 2012!!!!

15. AJ JONES

BUT I WILL READ THE BOOK…THANX.
    }8 ? )

16. AJ JONES

BUT I WILL READ THE BOOK…THANX.
    }8 ? )

17. AJ JONES

BUT I WILL READ THE BOOK…THANX.
    }8 ? )

18. AJ JONES

BUT I WILL READ THE BOOK…THANX.
    }8 ? )

19. 13AJJONES

BUT I WILL READ THE BOOK…THANX.
    }8 ? )

20. 13AJJONES

BUT I WILL READ THE BOOK…THANX.
    }8 ? )

21. 13AJJONES

BUT I WILL READ THE BOOK…THANX.
    }8 ? )

22. 13AJJONES

BUT I WILL READ THE BOOK…THANX.
    }8 ? )

23. AJ JONES

NOT QUITE THE SAME THING….AND RON HAS BEEN SAYING THE SAME THINGS FOR OVER 30 YEARS…I THINK SCHIFF IS A COLLEGE, NOT AN ADVISOR….I BET HE’S EVEN AN INFLUENCE OF HIS.

24. AJ JONES

25. AJ JONES

26. AJ JONES

27. AJ JONES

28. 13AJJONES

29. 13AJJONES

30. 13AJJONES

31. 13AJJONES

32. 13AJJONES

33. pretorious700

Maria is another brain dead talking head

34. Michael

So if the warfare & welfare state relies on the FED and we abolish the FED, does that make America unable to engage in warfare? How will it work out with a defenceless America? And who will keep the interstate Freeways going, and the GPS satelittes runing?

1. Larry Enge

Michael, with all due respect the Fed (and Fed creators) weaseled itself into its position causing us to become dependent on an unconstitutional entity. We can can take care of the constitutional needs of government quite well without a central bank. I recommend that you read the works of some real thinkers like Rothbard or Mises instead of listening to the dribble of politicians.

35. pwnttothemax

ron paul is my adopted grandfather