54 responses to “Ron Paul for U.S. Senate?”

1. Glenn

I would love to see Ron Paul in the White House but i think he should run for both President and Senate. The Senate i believe he would likely win, I dont have the same confidence for his chances at the White House. I think he still should make a run for President if only to help spark a national debate and on individual liberty, and expose more people to the ideals of liberty I hold dear.

2. m.brown

Dear Congressman/Mr. Chairman Paul,
    I have always had great hopes for you.
    So now that you’re Chairman, what have you done lately?
    How much longer will we ignore fraud in the financial markets w/o so much as one prosecution of any bankers? When can Bernanke’s out of control spending be stopped?
    When can we shut down Fanny and Freddy?
    You are only one of only a rare few that can be trusted to call it like it is.
    Please, Mr. Chairman, do something about it.
    The faith and credit of the United States..it’s honesty and integrity, is going down the toilet.
    Sincerely Yours,
    M. Brown

3. Brad Fraze

I want Ron Paul as president. Im just not sure that The ppl are educated or care enough for him to get enough votes. Not to mention the federal reserve would spare no expense to attack him or, who knows, make him disappear. I want him to run for something he truly thinks he can win and make the most difference. Thank you.

4. Captain Hugh Smith

WTF?

5. Jeff H.

He should found a new political party to give long-term structure and voice to his beliefs. His followers and money-raising ability would provide an outstanding foundation for it. A lone voice in the House or the Senate will never get the media attention and public interest that a new (organized and coherent vs. Tea Party) political party would receive.

He’s not going to win the presidency, and a new political party would be a much longer-lasting “bully pulpit.” I do *firmly* believe that he would win a senate bid, and I *really* do not want to see Dewhurst in the Senate for the next 30 years. But at 75 years old, I think he should spend his remaining viable years enrolling a new generation of politicians to offer his ideology to the American people. He could also probably do it and still stay in the House as chair of the fed committee.

Running for President would be a waste of time and would be anti-climactic. Launching a new political party would be a way to leverage his political assets into something truly great.

America needs a viable third party. He should pitch/frame it as a *moderate* party that unites the socially-liberal and fiscally-conservative interests of most Americans in a single party. Aim for the middle by offering to get government out of the economy and out of the bedroom.

1. fred the protectionist

It’s called the Libertarian Party and they get about half a million to 1 million votes per election.

6. Joe

Ron Paul, please run for president. You totally rule. I’d gay marry you if I could, but we need you to run for president first.

also @mark you trippin, blood.

7. Andrew

Ron, please run for president again!! I have a strong feeling you will win. So many people look up to and want you to run for president. Look at the polls!! All my family and friends will vote for you as will I. I know you will change this country for the better. I will back you up on whatever you choose but i hope that is for president.

8. matt

Run for president so I don’t have to write you in.

9. Paul

Go for the PRESIDENCY again, AS A THIRD PARTY CANDIDATE–which would mean he would have to start NOW. Preferably a new party, and definitely not the Libertarian Party again–not a political message party, but rather a political expediency party–clean, fresh, with clarity of voice. His new party would form in great great numbers overnight (you know it would!). There’d be tons of energy in it, including tons of young energy. I can see the youth who voted for Obama switching to Paul as long as he’s not running as a Republican–the pull of their liberal education indoctrination is just too strong for them to ever consider a Republican.

The voice of the Paul’s new party would be very loud in the political arena. He needs to make it to the general election this time as a viable candidate, not just a write-in. The primaries would not be enough of a vehicle for his message–it only hits half the voting population. And anyway, Romney has the nomination–he’s the party darling. It’s practically a done deal. It would be fun to watch Ron Paul in the Republican debates again–and winning the polls again–but he would remain a Republican anomaly and the rest of the country would just be entertained by his Republican run if they noticed him at all. How about a general election Presidential debate instead with Paul against Obama and Romney? It’s Ron’s time on the stage of U.S. history. It’s now. Think Perot 1992, except unlike Perot, I truly believe Paul has A GENUINE CHANCE OF WINNING!

RON PAUL 2012!

1. fred the protectionist

Ross Perot (not a free traitor) got 20 million votes, Ron Paul (free traitor) barely squeezed out 1 million. And that was almost 20 years ago with a lower population.