Ron Paul to Fed: Where Are the Jobs?

Ron Paul appeared on Fox & Friends to talk about jobs, the Fed and the PATRIOT Act.

Date: 02/09/2011

Transcript

Gretchen Carlson: President Obama wants to raise taxes on businesses in order to bail out states that can no longer pay unemployment benefits. Wasn’t the stimulus, some are asking, wasn’t the stimulus money supposed to prevent this from happening by creating more jobs? Well Texas Representative Ron Paul says “Federal Chairman Ben Bernanke is responsible for losing some of those jobs”. And now he’s holding a hearing to find out just how many jobs were actually lost. And Congressman Ron Paul is my guest right now. Good morning to you, Congressman.

Ron Paul: Good morning. Good to be with you.

Gretchen Carlson: So, some complicated information in that. Let’s start with what you want to have happen when you start this hearing this morning at 10 a.m.

Ron Paul: Well, I want to get the people, and especially the people here in the Congress, to understand why monetary policy is so important. And how the Fed is really the biggest contributor to unemployment. They manipulate the entire economy through fixing interest rates and expanding money and decide they can plan the economy. But they create boom times. So they do create better times. But that inevitably leads to the bust, and that’s the recession. You have unemployment because of the recession. But so far, nobody has recognized why we have the recession. Because now, most people are advocating more spending and more inflation…print more money. And it just doesn’t work. So, we have to understand monetary policy if we want to turn this economy around.

Gretchen Carlson: So, so many people who are unemployed right now, or who may become unemployed, are asking this question of you this morning, Congressman. What can you do in these hearings to try and get some of those jobs back?

Ron Paul: Expose the truth. Because if people don’t understand what’s going on in the Fed, which means that we need to have more transparency and more auditing, then we can’t do our reforms. And then the reforms will come. But right now, there’s no waving of the wand. The most important thing that we could do in policy is to allow all the mistakes made in the economy for the past 30 years to be corrected. That means liquidation of debt and allow prices to go down. But we’re doing everything differently. The Fed and the Congress want to keep prices up. And they won’t allow the debt to be liquidated. They keep propping up bad debt. As long as you do that, you prolong the agony. We did it in the depression and the Japanese have done it for 20, 30 years and we’re embarked on the same course.

Gretchen Carlson: Okay. So let me ask you something that happened yesterday. It was announced that, possibly, President Obama wants to put in the budget next week, a bail out of sorts of the states. Because they’re so cash-strapped from extending unemployment benefits to 99 weeks. Do you see it as a bail out of the states?

Ron Paul: It’s a bail out of the states. It’s a bail out of everybody. And every problem we have, they think that the federal government and the Fed can do it. Which means they think the dollar can bail out everybody. But, eventually, it will cause a dollar crisis. But, no, this is making my point. He is trying to prop up prices and prop up spending. And we have to allow this liquidation. Actually, all prices should go down. Even wages should go down, if we want the correction. So, no that’s doing exactly the wrong thing. And I do believe most the Republicans will not be interested in raising taxes in order to extend those benefits.

Gretchen Carlson: All right. Well, most of the Republicans yesterday were in favor of the Patriot Act. You were a Republican in the House who voted a very staunch “no”. And I think some Republicans had a big surprise because they did not get the two thirds majority. Eight newcomers, as Republicans, also voted “no”. Why are you against it?

Ron Paul: Because I still believe in the Fourth Amendment. And this, literally, guts it. But we’ve gutted the Fourth Amendment ever since 1978. And, especially, since 2011 when we passed…2001 when we passed the Patriot Act. So, no, I still believe in the Constitution. I still believe strongly that you have to have reasonable cause. You have to name who you are going to investigate and the places and the things you want. And the Patriot Act allows the government to look in anything, everywhere, without specification. So, if you care about the Fourth Amendment, you cannot support the Patriot Act.

Gretchen Carlson: That’s very interesting. Because there are Republicans and Democrats who happen to agree with you on that point. Congressman Ron Paul, always great to talk to you. We’ll follow your hearings today. Thank you.

Ron Paul: Thanks a lot.

1. Really Appreciate this blog post, can you make it so I get an alert email every time you write a new post?

2. Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

3. I must show some thanks to you for bailing me out of this particular instance. As a result of looking throughout the the web and meeting strategies which are not powerful, I figured my life was well over. Being alive devoid of the answers to the issues you have resolved through your good posting is a serious case, and the kind that might have adversely affected my career if I hadn’t come across your site. The mastery and kindness in controlling everything was important. I am not sure what I would have done if I had not encountered such a step like this. I am able to at this moment look ahead to my future. Thanks so much for the impressive and effective guide. I will not hesitate to endorse the website to anyone who should have guidelines about this matter.

4. Good Luck in looking for a good paying AMERICAN JOB !!!

John Smith started the day early having set his alarmclock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 am … While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) filled it with GAS (from Saudi Arabia) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his computer (MADE IN MALAYSIA), John decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL), poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can’t find a good paying job in AMERICA AND NOW HE’S HOPING HE CAN GET HELP FROM A PRESIDENT (MADE IN KENYA).

Yep, This pretty much says it all… Needs no additional comments!

You gotta keep this one circulating! Vote… Ron Paul

5. An actual news story on Fox News that isn’t inspired by prejudice? Holy shit! Never thought I’d see a real story presented properly on Fox News.

6. An actual news story on Fox News that isn’t inspired by prejudice? Holy shit! Never thought I’d see a real story presented properly on Fox News.

7. sicknessANDdarkness

7:25
    OH MAN ,,,,, your kids are fighting do something!!!
    btw ,,, i love your videos !!!

8. LOL!!! U guys are hilarious!!! 😛

9. Jorge. <3

10. TheDigitalBreakdown

i find it funny how Jorge is just talking and his girls are in the back hitting each other 7:35

11. i love u like a butt song baby! 😀

12. What’s so special about that move at 6:51 ? It’s just a little girl having fun…come on it’s not funny to post sexual comments -.-

Anyways you guys are great I love your channel :)

13. Vote up if your the 304 viewer!!

14. ya no puedo, ya no puedo, COMO NO, FUUAAAA!!