56 responses to “Ron Paul or Rand Paul: Who Should Run for President in 2012?”

1. D

Ron paul and Allen west?
    or
    Ron Paul and Rand Paul?

2. Damon McCanlies

I feel Ron Paul should run for President, why? He can help us defend our civil liberties, for example, he understands the horrible power the Federal Reserve possesses, I could also see him helping each state retain their sovereignty on issues like medical marijuana. He understands the need for limited government.

I also feel Paul Ryan could be a great vice president. Why? Though many feel his budget plan was a failure, I disagree. He understands the numbers like nobodies business, he did his best to cut the budget with all the other agendas shadowing over him, and could play a powerful role in balancing the budget once the Federal Reserve is disintegrated.

Together I feel these two could make this country come back to life.

3. BJ Colter

Why don't y'all just take it ALL over? Go for it.

4. D1Pro

I would like to see Ron Paul run(he definately has my vote) and I think he should take Jesse Ventura up on his offer to be his running may. Both are super patriotic and dont mind getting deep into the underground government. I believe the two of these men could really clean up America and restore our country back to if not better than it ever was. Ron you really need to run. The country needs you!

5. DR

I hope Rand Paul runs, but I would strongly support either.

6. jessica o

I have been a loyal Ron Paul follower. It was actually hard for me to type that last line because I hate to be defined as a follower or a sheeple because I have always been a non conformist that prefers the truth over what is trendy or popular opinion. I believe in Ron Paul and what he stands for. I believe America needs an educated leader and a reformer. Someone who will stand up to the corporate slave masters and free us. I think deep down all Americans want the same thing, even the Americans who don't know why the gas prices are so high or don't realize the media is biased. But let's be honest. We are in America. We live in a superficial society. Case in point American Idol. The Presidential Election has become a crap shoot popularity contest. Everything needs to be reformed in this country...especially the electoral process. What happened to qualifications? Can you have a degree in something related to politics or management in order to qualify to run for the most important job in the country! Arnold Schwarzenegger was Govenor of california for crying out loud. WTF? What I'm trying to say is, this is highschool politics. Does Ron Paul have the qualifications, the heart, the intelligence...yes. Does he have what it takes to be popular...no. The jock always wins the popularity contest. Ron Paul I love you but you need a swagger coach. You have to up your presentation, your appearance, your delivery because 30% of the people that are intelligent and hear the truth in what you are saying can appreciate and believe in it, but the other 70% of sheeple that go with what's "hot" or popular...need to be sold on the image. Ron Paul is a brand. You are representing economical stability. Now find a better team to reinvent and market your brand. Rand might be the better option because he has the same ideals, he has the looks, the intelligence, and the presence that the public will gravitate towards. I write this with love.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 10

7. Roy

Being British I cannot vote for Ron Paul but I have been following him since 2008. Over the last few months I have been giving him a regular mention in the comments at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/, which is a lion's den of British mass media. I am delighted to say that others have jumped in too and now, miracle upon miracles, this article appeared a short while ago:
    More importantly it is linked from the front page. Those who know the DT will recognize the significance of this. No comments allowed on this article, but the chance will come.

Dr Paul, forgive me for interfering in your sovereign business, but please run for President. The world is waiting, not just American patriots seeking a return to constitutional rule. Your British cousins share so many of your problems but in different ways.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 12

8. patrick courrielche

I recently did some research on this topic, and found some historical data showing that it was highly unlikely that Ron Paul could win the Republican Presidential primary this go around. I think there is some data that shows unequivocally that he can't win. But Rand at least has a chance. See the study here: http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/15/ron-paul-or-rand-paul-in-2012/

9. nate

Just what America needs not one but two doctors Paul/Paul 2012

10. Woopa

Tired of the virtual revolution? Sick of habitual capitulation to the Federal Reserve's “hegemony”? Don't enjoy seeing your expenses shoot up while your income stagnates? Don't enjoy being dependent on a corrupt instrument -- the Federal Reserve Note?

The American economy is limping, staggering, perhaps soon failing... why?

Is your energy diminished? Is your work ethic gone?
    Are there not enough resources, or is our technology inferior to its past state?

Americans are suffering because their currency is a tool to enslave them.

It's time to break free. The Alternative Market Project is the beginning of the solution to economic totalitarianism. Join our online network to find nearby individuals who want to act... or to help them find you. Participate in our forum to discuss self-sufficiency, pre/post economic collapse action, bartering, commodity based money, non-commodity credit currency, and other forms of economic emancipation.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

11. Kathleen Rubinstein

I would want this poem on a shirt!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 239 Thumb down 0

12. Gert G.

This is the FED: A Troll!
    And this Troll will kill all the freedom we need.

The troll!

The beast of burden lives inside
    inside of that lovely troll
    but sometimes it is breaking out of
    out of the body from that troll.

The troll is mostly friendly
    and thought the times would never change
    but that was the biggest mistake
    the biggest of (that) all!
    (Kurt Egger)

I think the author is german!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 258 Thumb down 0

13. Skid

I can't believe that Donald Trump is doing better than RP in the polls.

1. Fem

Well, if the economy is based mainly in acting or media shows then Mr Trump should have most votes or win. I think is way past time to get serious on basic issues.

The first and third worlds have some things in common, like people and both are jungle, one is a jungle of cement and the other one of plants and animals, but as you see the same rules apply to different scenarios. Better to remember that one.

Peace.

1. Skid

Donald Trump is proposing force and coercion to keep oil prices down and China's products high. That is far away from Austrian economics. Someone should explain him what is the Tea Party about.
        I don't care if he (Donald) run for office or not, but he should stop calling himself Tea Partier.

1. yahya

I agree. someone who is not for buying oil on the free market, but advocates a 'grab the oil' policy is not someone who will promote freedom.

2. Dfens

Trump is advocating we put TARIFFS on goods from China so he can bring our industry and the jobs it creates back to the US. Ron and Rand want to unilaterally eliminate all tariffs and send the rest of our jobs to China. Any they can't ship to their communist masters, they plan on giving to the foreigners streaming in through the borders of this nation they want to throw open. Their answer to illegal immigration is unlimited free immigration. If you vote for these Manchurian candidates, you'll get what you deserve, or maybe sanity will prevail and you will once more get much better than you deserve.

1. tj

you imbecile...google smoot-hawley and learn what protectionism did for the great depression....tariffs raise prices and cause unemployment in nonprotected, domestic industries....

2. tj

and as far as immigration goes'? it is true that libertarians believe in open immigration...lol...however, we also believe in no government social programs including education, free housing, free food stamps, free health care...and all the other freebies that illegal immigrants come to the usa for...

so, immigration would be drastically reduced simply by preventing immigrants from participating in any government programs for 10 years...

3. Skid

Ha, I can respond to you with one answer.
        I AM FROM ARGENTINA!
        I'm not american. I would love to go to america if RP or any other libertarian get elected. I see the disasters from protectionist tariffs in the economy. The ironic part is that I don't want to immigrate to America for welfare, I want to do it exactly for the opposite reason. Because I understand that all government intervention in the economy leads to chaos.

14. George Peterman

Gee, ya think the poll is a little skewed? Good luck ding-dongs

1. Kenny Clark

Please pour syrup on your keyboard.................thanks

2. yahya

atleast we actually included ron in this poll.

15. Susan Hatfield

I'm hoping that Rand Paul will run for President. There's only the same old Rhino's out there at this time. Michele Bachman or Paul Ryan would be good VP choices. Whoever wins the 2012 Presidential race will decide which way our country will go - return to a thriving free market capital system or sink into third world socialist status.

1. Egon Walther

But you have seen the last decades that a nation can be only a nation with a lot of lucky people there. Otherwise capitalism will change to communism.

16. chris baltierra

president and vice president, maybe jesse ventura could join you in some way he speaks so highly of you, i predict you have a great surprise on the rise, i know you will win people just need to put their hearts in it. a way to grab extra ears and minds is through the music of people sending out the same messages as you and the rest of the freedom fighters. Soja and josh heinrichs to rising stars in the music community alonside there friends like cas haley from american idol. people would rather find confort in music than politics.

1. Paul

Jesse says he would only run with Ron as long as Ron runs as a third party candidate. I agree, Ron should run third party. He hasn't a chance in hell of winning the nomination with the Republicans. As a third party candidate, on the other hand, he could possibly even win the Presidency, and if not the Presidency, then he would certainly get his message out a lot louder, a lot clearer, and a lot longer. I wish Ron would get serious about his convictions in 2012 and dump the two-party system. He's out of time.

17. Wasteland Wanderer

Rand Paul doesn't have enough experience yet, plus groups like the SPLC are really out to get him right now. Ron Paul is still the most viable, despite how old he is.

1. BlackSunshine84

Despite his age? With age comes wisdom and I see it as an asset, not a liability.

1. Wasteland Wanderer

I agree, but as we saw in the last presidential election, the Democratic political machine will portray his age as a disqualifying factor.

18. Kevin

thats a hard one really. each has pros and cons, based on just how people vote. (which is sad because most of them have nothing to do with the issues we the people need to address)
    -ron. first you have to look at his age, hes what 76 i believe i read somewhere. which means one term and he will be at least 80, if not 81. now to me that doesn't mean much and he seems to be at top of his game, but the general american public would look down at his age. next, you have to look at just how much is his name out there. i believe ron has this one, however his name also linked to conspiracy therioys. I think rons points are right on the mark and are far from any kind of conspiracy theroy what so ever. For people that believe in any kind of conspiracy theroy i am not say you are wrong or that there is nothing hidin or lied about to the public. But lets face it there are some really outragous theroys as well. and lets face it America in gereneral tosses both in the the same pot and forget about them.
    -Rand. Again, lets start with age. hes younger, and therefore, easier to "sale" to the masses. And health wise, people normally assume younger is healthier. please let me stress how much i personally think this is irrelevent, but i do believe most americans would look at this. As for how well he is know to the general public, rand might not be as known as ron but he has the tea party. the tea party has a lot of mainstream attation right now which could always raise more attation to him.

19. Gabe

Both should run: Ron Paul for President, and Rand Paul as his VP running-mate. They should run as Republicans, as running as a third-party ticket just won't provide them with enough votes, and will simply ensure that Obama gets re-elected (also, Jesse Ventura will not help Ron Paul's chances; too many people think he's too extreme).

20. W. Williams

Sorry Rand, but I don't know that much about you.

W.

21. Claude McDermott

Dr. Paul,

As I posted previously, the people of the United States of America are in great need of a patriot as yourself to help turn the country around. One note that I have found alarming, is that many of the Republican polls on news sites are leaving your name out. I feel that you can absolutely win as an Independent and would urge you to consider Governor Ventura as your V.P. running mate. That would be the winning ticket for 2012.

22. Claude McDermott

Dr. Paul,

As I posted previously, the people of the United States States of America are in great need of a patriot as yourself to help turn us around. One note that I have found alarming, is that many of the Republican polls on news sites are leaving your name out. I feel that you can absolutely win as an Independent and would urge you to consider Governor Ventura as you V.P. running mate. That would be the winning ticket for 2012.

23. BrightSide

Ron has a lot more practice in political struggle, besides Ron is more recognizable in society. Rand's political experience is not sufficient for running either as candidate or VP. Ron Paul 2012!

24. matt

Ron's poll numbers are not looking so hot when it comes to republicans. Ron does a lot better with independents. I have not seen any polls with Rand but I bet if you had a poll that included Rand but not Ron he would do better than 10% in nh. Running Rand in the republican primary and then Ron as a libertarian/independent in the general gives a voice to the liberty movement all the way through to election day. I also think it's just gives us a better chance for a win in both the primary and the general elections.

1. BlackSunshine84

I'd like to see another Rasmussen poll soon. Last April when Dr. Paul was polled against Obama they were neck and neck, Obama 42% and Dr,Paul 41%. More importantly Dr. Paul was favored by Independents receiving 47% of the votes to Obama's 27%. Republicans votes are not so important as many will simply be voting against Obama. I don't mean they aren't important, but that we will have their vote if the choices are Dr. Paul and Obama.

1. tj

This is a very astute observation. It will be more difficult for him to win the nomination than for him to defeat OBoma head-on...the Rasmussen poll indicates this. Once past the hurdle of the nomination, the momentum and the Republicans hatred for Oboma will carry him to victory.

However, I came on here tonight to warn people AGAINST his son....Rand has just introduced a plan to save social security. As Tea Partiers and libertarians know, social security cannot and should not be saved. It should be phased out.

I wonder if father and son disagree on this issue,' tj

25. Kenny Clark

I like Rand,but,I feel Dr Ron Paul has a lot more vested in this next election. I would have to pick president Paul.

26. Shoobis1

I hope Ron runs, but not Rand. Having both of them run would split the votes so that neither of them wins. Ron seems like he would have the best chance.

27. matt

Rand should run in the republican primary and ron should run as a libertarian with Jesse if he loses.

28. Andrew

It would be so great if Ron Paul ran for president with Rand Paul as his VP. This would get alot more votes for people who like Ron and Rand.. I hope you run Ron!!

29. Dominick Vellutini

I don't think Rand running as VP for his dad would be a good idea. People would call it a dynasty or some kind of family legacy power kind of thing, and that wouldn't be good for either of them. I think Paul Ryan should be Ron's VP.

1. BlackSunshine84

I think Paul Ryan is a good choice because he is popular with Republican voters who fear that Dr. Paul's policies are too extreme. I'm just not sure his policies mesh with Dr. Paul's and he might not be chosen for that reason.

30. yahya

Rand is not too bad, but he's no Ron Paul.

31. Mike Rose

Someone that knows our constitution and who will govern by it not twist and ignore it!

32. BlackSunshine84

How would Dr. Paul feel about running with Paul Ryan? I think it could be our winning combination.

33. BJ Colter

Go for it ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXvRDmM5Zx4

34. Hehee

Not both together because that would cannibalize each others votes. Ron has been making a name for himself over a number of years (well, by definition) and will be better recognized.

35. Skid

Really? Why do you ask this question in the Ron Paul's blog?