36 responses to “What a day! The debate was a big success and I am off to a…”

1. Rob

DONT TRUST HERMAN CAIN, what a FAKE!!!!

Cain just like the rest of them. There is no substitute just Absolute Ron Paul!!

Ron Paul 2012 America's only chance.

2. Rob Swanson

Clearly, the audience loved Ron Paul, more so than any other candidate. Cain was amusing, as was Johnson, but Paul nailed the important stuff. Cain, while a bit of a joke, was charismatic, however. None of the others were. Paul's biggest drawback is an unfortunate one. While I think he's right on every point, he doesn't present overly well. His body language is tight, he tends to ramble a bit, but he's razor sharp on the important stuff. I'll vote for him, and I think a lot of people will, but not enough. I'm stuck between the importance of putting someone up who can beat Obama but who will not be much of a change, or Paul, who represents true change but may be unelectable. No, not stuck. Paul it is (a new stance for me, by the way). Good luck, Paul!

3. Kevin

Ron Paul,

Way to stick it to them. One of the few genuine politicians left out there. I'm part of the younger voting bloc, having only voted in one presidential election, but I can tell you the attitudes of my peers are changing and while perhaps the politics of the primary process will doom you never to be the front-runner of a major party in a presidential election, your messages of limited government and individual liberty are not falling on deaf ears, and hopefully the future generations will have the tenacity and wherewithal to make some major changes to how the government runs for the better. The imperialistic, self-serving, special interest-dominated government that I now convulse at times with vile animosity, is a far cry from the idealistic, egalitarian and benevolent institution that I had imagined it was when I was growing up. So when I hear you stand up for the things you do, it makes me feel a little less like a dreamer and a bit more like a pragmatist. You got my vote!

4. scott

I was shocked to see that this time all the candidates seem to be in support of free markets, whereas before it was only Ron Paul. This group as a whole did not seem as right wing as the ones who were not there. I have supported Ron Paul a long time but was also impressed by Herman Cain. It is good to see that more candidates than just Ron Paul were against going into Lybia and the other wars. We might have some REAL debates going once all the candidates get going and this time Dr. Paul will not be alone in his free market, anti-war stances.

PS END THE FED!

5. Pep Perello

Dear Ron.

You are the best, you are what America and the world needs.

The last time I vote, I vote for you, and I will do the same the next time. The only one problem is that I´m Spaniard, so I vote for you here in Spain. You can be sure I don´t waste my vote, vote for you, even here in Spain, it´s the best thing I can do.

God bless you man.
    --------------------------

6. Pep Perello

Dear Ron.

You are the best, you are what America and the world needs.

Good bless you man.
    --------------------------

7. Pep Perello

Dear Ron.

You are the best, you are what America and the world needs.

Good bless you man.

8. Pep Perello

Dear Ron.

You are the best, you are what America and the wolrd needs.

Good bless you man.

9. Dfens

The losers debate showcased every Republican who was against tariffs and for China having "most favored nation" trade status. Fortunately the winners debate will feature those who are tired of doing the same old thing and wondering where all our jobs went.

10. kh

The Constitution has become useless and should be burned. It was written by elites (mostly lawyers) to create an environment to prosper.

The gubmint completely ignores it when it wants.

Plus, it caused americans to believe their rights come from the gubmint.

It's time to disenfranchise from the system and become self-reliant.

11. Jeremy

Screw the constitution. It has failed to protect the so-called liberties and rights of a people who don't really deserve it. It can only mean one thing: That those rights DO NOT exist and are not recognized by God! The constitution is a lie and a fairytale. America was lost many years ago and believe me, there is no going back. Government believes it has all the rights to deny the bill of rights and it grabs it without recourse, without remorse, and without fear of retaliation. That is the very definition of a country lost to totalitarianism. I can tell you the IRS has destroyed my life and that of my family's. We will be leaving this god-forsaken place. The constitution is a failure.

1. kh

I coudn'nt agree with you more. The Costitution was fraud from the get go. It was written by wealthy men (many lawyers) to create a system for them to prosper.

It also brainwashed us to believe our rights come from the gubmint.

Liberal progressives have accelerated what rebublicans do slightly slower.

It's time to disenfranchise from the system and become self reliant.

12. Robyn Hansen

You have my vote Mr. Paul. I am changing my voter registration from Independent to Republican so that I can vote for you in the Fl primary.

Thank you for standing up for our Constitution. We are losing our country at an alarming rate and your positions on the important issues of our time represent the only clear voice for liberty and sanity in the political arena at this time.

I'll do my best to be an educated voice on your behalf.

Good debate. I was very happy that you were included as it seems the MSM seeks to marginalize you. God bless.

13. Alain Tremblay

You clearly win that first debate.... congrat.

14. Rob

Don't Let Herman Cain an EX-FEDERAL RESERVE AGENT win. VOTE FOR RON PAUL here. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/06/won-debate/

1. MichaelC.Sahd

I went and voted. He clearly won on the FOX News poll, though they report otherwise.

15. Kioki

I love watching you debate Dr. Paul, LOVE IT. It's the next best thing to watching a sunset! Like a beacon of light, you shine through, exposing your opponents lack of understanding of what true liberty is.

Your answers are undebatable, backed by our Constitution. Theirs danced, and dodged, and did there best to tell our scared, weak minded citizens what they wanted to hear... but never giving us the solution. Only the ignorant will cast their votes in their direction.

Your doing a great job waking this country up Ron!!!!!
    Keep it up, you got my vote!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

16. Tim

Ron,
    Way to go on the debate. I love the fact that you stand by what you say! I was laughing so hard when the waterboarding question came up and you saw the other candidates putting their hands up, then down, then back up. You kept to your guns and did not move.
    Please run, I want to vote for someone I can be proud of this time. Not just the lesser of two evils.

Thank you for all that you do!

17. kelly

alot of praise here:)..Mr. paul, glad to be a resident of your state, and look forward to the rest of the country to start listening and realizing you have THE best interests of the american people embedded in your DNA...just like REAL Americans...and of course..REAL Texans. God Bless All, cya at the polls if not before

18. Mike

Great debate Dr. Paul. I think you did excellent even though fox tried to make you and Gary Johnson seem unimportant. A lot of people are talking about how they were impressed with Cain. Cain is an ex-chairman at the Kansas Federal Reserve. The last thing we need in Washington is another banker, much less from the Fed.

19. Joe

Great debate Dr. Paul. You were genuine and direct with all of your responses, which was very refreshing to hear. The other candidates echoed some of the same ideas at times (but with a classic DC politician edge) They need to give the American people more credit. The impressive thing is, in our time the things you have been speaking about are almost canon in every debate and discussion, finally we may have the America the founders set once again. Best of luck!

20. Aaron J

Was watching the debate. Pawlenty is such a lying politician, was a blatent lie straight to everyone. After he was called out twice, he admitted that he made a mistake and became desperately defensive.
    EVERYONE could see how much of a politician he was, he has no one's interest in mind but his own.
    Ron Paul speaks so naturally and anyone can tell that he's just speaking honestly from the heart. When it comes to controversies, you won't find any in regards to his flip-flopping on voting that you see with other candidates. He did extremely well in the debate, especially the rebuttal to the heroin remark.
    HE MAKES SENSE!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

21. Alice

I am an American living in Belgium. Last night I went to bed around 12:00 and the money-bomb total ( of course I donated, too) was about $640,000. I was a little worried, but woke up this morning to see it was over the 1 $million mark. Hooray! we're on our way:-)

Wish I could have seen the debate, but hopefully I'll see the reruns.
    There are Ron Paul supporters all over the world.

22. Adrian

Great debate tonight Dr. Paul. It's a shame that fox put both libertarian leaning republicans on the ends and avoided asking both of you questions. I am tired of the their bias media and only watched them because you were on. The boycott of fox now continues! I am a an independent voter and want you to know I WILL be voting for you in 2012 and nothing the media does will change that. Don't give up on us. Keep speaking and educating us on the truth!

23. Jon Mac

I watched the debate and I liked the genuineness of your responses, appreciate the passion - keep the spark alive!

24. Corey

Ron,

I implore you to keep running sir. I cannot wait to get paid so I can contribute to your cause. I, like millions of others, am so tired of being lied to by both the Republicans and the Democrats. When we vote for a "person" we always wind up voting for the "party" instead, and it feels like they are more like figureheads of a party then they are individuals.

Then....enter Ron Paul. You answer questions clearly and understandably. I like that you give details and don't speak in generalities that make people feel like government thinks they are too stupid to be involved. Thank you for bringing your message to me. You have my vote sir. And I say that as a currently registered Democrat. Help us get government out of our lives.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

25. Ives

Ron Paul won the debate, no question about it. It is not a surprise to me that Fox News will go out of its way to down play Ron Paul's success or how popular he is specially among young people. Times have changed. More people know about his message of liberty, foreign policy, and ending the FED, and more. He is a true statesman, a very honorable man. He got my vote.

Ives

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

26. Charles e. kelly

dear, ron paul

im 21, I am a small business owner, and a soldier in the florida army national guard. I have followed you ever since i listened to you years ago. and as they showed tonight they did not ask real deep questions about what the american people should be fearing. financial, an over sized government that want's to quote "make national security a priority" which in real terms means take your rights as a sacrifice, also plain out what about financial. one of the other canidates said this why did americans get their freedom.... one, his response was incorrect. it was to seperate from the british banking system that was taxing our money (interest) and yet we still live with what our founding father vowed againt the (fed). ron paul you are americas last hope. your beliefs are on target and people need to hear you word

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

27. Jeremy

Here's the ultimatum folks:

Are you going to vote for Dr. Paul whether he's on the ticket or not? If he's not, are you going to vote for Obama or another RINO; neither of which will fix anything. Regardless of whether Dr. Paul is on the ticket or not, he's getting my vote...even if it has to be a write-in. It's time to vote for who you want...not who the media picks.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

1. kelly

i have always voted for who i liked... seems this election will be my 2nd time...i voted for perot, no matter the likes or differences of ron and ross... ron is pitching the EXACT thing that america needs to do!..im following ron as much as possible..he will get a write in vote from me if not on ticket.. i WILL be voting this year from the best state in this union...texas...p.s...unemployment is everywhere,i too have been unemployed for the most of a year...otherwise i would send at least a dollar:(..sorry ron..come over and ill spring for a nice dinner:)

28. Rob

What a Joke!! FOX NEWS (Not surprised) is saying that the True winner was Cain and didnt even mention Ron Paul. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Ron got the most cheers and applause. This really gets me mad that the media is playing their stupid little games again. Not sure what I can do but this needs to stop. We got to figure out a way to get around the media from blocking a true American Hero Ron Paul.

RON PAUL 2012 ALL THE WAY!!!

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 27 Thumb down 0

29. Khan

When I see Ron Paul speaking, and I have seen it many times, I have a feeling that whatever he says is what he believes. It is not to deceive the listener. Let us see how many Americans see what I see in him.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 18 Thumb down 0

30. Arnold

Ron, you won this debate hands down. I just hope the rest of America can see through the nationalist mumbo jumbo to realize that we need real answers, not rhetoric. It is so shameful how Fox tried to trap you with that heroin bit. Completely unnecessary, but your hilarious response was well delivered. Also, what kind of question to johnson was "what kind of reality show would you produce?" Our country is in dire need of financial accountability and we are talking about reality shows!!

31. Mark Houck

Ron,

Your message of liberty is truly inspiring. Thank you for being so steadfast throughout all the years. I know I can vote for you because I can trust you. Its a great feeling to know you wont' abandon your message and principles if you get elected. Godspeed sir.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

32. Pam Gray

You have my vote. Your fiscally conservative views, combined with your "stay out of board rooms and bedrooms" attitude won me over. I have always been a free spirited independent woman who only recently said goodby to the Democratic Party. Not willing to embrace the often religious views of the Republican Party, I registered as an Independent. After hearing from your lips the same beliefs I have, this time I will not be waiting till election day to make my decision. In my mind, you are already the early leader.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

33. Nick Billadeau

Dear Congressman,

I just got done watching the debate and I just wanted to tell you I was blown away by your responses. I really hope I get the chance to vote for you in the next presidential election.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0