207 responses to “Ron Paul: Abolish FEMA! Why Should Someone Else Rebuild My House?”

1. Scout Laverne

FEMA must go cause costs too much.

2. 1Rudyd

FEMA is the new SS …people need to check out these FEMA camps……sounds pretty scary …

3. 1Rudyd

4. ohedd

FEMA is typical governmental bullshit.

5. ubudog32 .

He needs a security team. He makes too much sense.

6. ubudog32

He needs a security team. He makes too much sense.

7. KevinTx

I’m getting my citizenship and Voting for This Guy! Go Ron Paul …….!!

8. kevin26tx

I’m getting my citizenship and Voting for This Guy! Go Ron Paul …….!!

9. Ryan Nace

everyone who says Republicans or Libertarians don’t have a jobs plan. they don’t believe in government created jobs or stimulus. they rightly believe in deregulation of the market and reduction of govt influence on the economy via taxes and the like because these things have actually worked in the past.

10. SuperNache

11. Excel

FEMA does a shitty job…….dump em!

12. excelerater

FEMA does a shitty job…….dump em!

13. salt54nine

*READ THIS FOR RON PAUL!*

Ron Paul money bomb on 7/19. Check out my video response and go to Facebook and type in “Ron Paul’s Ready, Ames, Fire Money Bomb”. It is important to donate so that Ron Paul can win the Iowa Straw Poll. Donate for Ron Paul…do it for LIBERTY. Like this comment so that other supports may see that we are raising money for Ron Paul!!!! I’m just a broke college student entrepreneur, and I’m still donating 10 bucks. Share on FB, and Twitter hash tag #GOP2012 #ronpaul

14. rhocassiopeiae

I like Ron Paul, but I definitely do not agree with everything that comes out of his mouth. I do believe that we need to take our military base out of other peoples countries. I do believe that the FED needs to stop printing counterfiet money. I do believe that the TSA is NOT above the constitution. I adisagree with his views on abortion and abolishing FEMA. FEMA helps farmers through natural disasters which allows them to continue producing the foods that we eat at an affordable price.

15. adulby

There is nothing wrong with asking a fellow American to help you. There is something very morally wrong with putting a gun to their head and forcing them through taxation. Forget the economic concerns with this issue it is morally unjust. It fosters selfish entitlement that is systematically destroying this country under the auspices of “Fema, Social Security, Medicaid, Welfare, etc…”

16. 86THECRITIC

Bill is sent, sleep can be accomplished.

17. 86THECRITIC

Bill is sent, sleep can be accomplished.

18. kommisar

Just watch some of the videos in the side links.

19. 86THECRITIC

Name em. Suggestions and feedback are appreciated.

20. kommisar

Yes, plenty….

21. 86THECRITIC

With a change in positions and a general vote amongst people, it seems that you are right, there is no need for government to help people choose their services. This bill will be a good one. Any further suggestions from the Ron Paul side?

22. 86THECRITIC

23. kommisar

I know your position did not involve FEMA doing the repairs. However, you did say a government body should be created to help people choose contractors to fix their homes. Again, this makes no sense at all. There’s no need for the government to hold people’s hands like this, especially when local governments interfere so much already in the industry, such as with licensing.

24. kommisar

I have stipulated what their involvement should be. You, on the other hand, keep insisting for an unnecessary middle man (a bureaucracy).

“what I am unsure about is how such a large undertaking would be managed in a time of disaster.”

What the fuck does this mean? You said before the government needs to be there to help people choose contractors. That’s just fucking stupid. Why do you insist so much on wasting money so needlessly?

25. 86THECRITIC

Ahh, You know I kind of see how you might misinterpret me, FEMA does NOT rebuild homes. It’s the insurance companies that organize that, but there are a lot of ways to do that. My apologies. It seems there has been a misunderstanding. No, I do not want government to take over the insurance that covers houses after they are destroyed.

26. 86THECRITIC

excuse me, good sir, but I have never shown hostility to you. I merely am trying to move this privatization business along. The government MUST be involved at least somewhat in disaster relief. I said that people can choose who builds their property, what I am unsure about is how such a large undertaking would be managed in a time of disaster.

27. trpdnatrp

Kommisar who the fuck r u talking to? I’ve been trying to figure it out. Who the fuck is this FEMA worker u keep debating with? I cant draw any conclusions with 1 side of the story but I know FEMA is pretty worthless. IM FOR RON PAUL 100% BUT “THE PEOPLE” do not run this country. Corporations, bankers, and super rich run this country. Im afraid if Ron Paul does not get elected I’m going to have to drink the kool aid. MAKE MINE RED FLAVOR PLEASE!!!!!!! ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!

28. kommisar

Yes, you are a bozo. It appears you haven’t paid any attention at all to the video. Instead, you spout out liberal, big government dogma. “The government needs to be there and hold people’s hands.” Grow the fuck up, you fucking baby. The fact that you can’t even hire someone to fix your home without Uncle Sam helping you speaks volumes about your lack of self-reliance and overall intelligence.

29. kommisar

Your claim of “managing a disaster” involves nothing more than unnecessary spending. Perhaps people wouldn’t apply for aid if it weren’t there? My stance makes a lot more sense than yours: Let people be responsible for their own property, not every taxpayer. Yours is to create a bureaucracy to do a job that people are perfectly capable of doing themselves. Have the government hire contractors for people? Right, that’s not inviting trouble. What’s next, do their Christmas shopping for them?

30. kommisar

Half your argument has been addressed, bozo. The government IS responsible for repairing property that belongs to it, such as parks and street signs. The people will be responsible for repairing their own property. If someone’s house is destroyed in a flood, if they have flood insurance, the company will send out a claims adjuster to assess the damage and liability. If they don’t, then they would have to pay out of pocket for someone to fix their house.

31. 86THECRITIC

How insane would it be to have random agencies running around doing god knows what after say, an earthquake? No government at all. How do you know which private companies are legit? Which are fakes, just there to loot? How would public property be rebuilt without the government being there to document the damage? Who is going to manage these companies? If it were as simple as what you make it out to be, I wouldn’t have a job.

1 4 5 6