123 responses to “Ron Paul: Stop Raising the Debt Ceiling”

1. Artur Rusetski

Hey! I’m Lauren.I did -45 lbs past one week.Go to agivura.io\#auiF

2. Artur Rusetski

Hey! I’m Lauren.I did -45 lbs past one week.Go to agivura.io\#auiF

3. DavidUllery

I am glad that Ron Paul has proven himself to be politically consistent for a long time! Those that share his beliefs are consistent.

I worry that the Tea Party folks, or rather the substantial sub-group within that group that still supports the DEA thugs, and a strong department of war will still get their way, and take away everybody else’s freedom. They will give lip service to the libertarians. They cherry-pick the constitution in the same way that they cherry-pick the bible, and cherry-pick their science. They wil cherry-pick anything that Ron Paul says, if it makes them popular with their followers.

Anybody who supports the DEA, or our foreign policy, but also is just now a Johnny-come-lately whining cry baby; only now complaining about their freedom taken away deserve to have 100% of their notes taxed away from them. Either that, or take away their religious freedom. Only then, will these authoritarian thugs know what it feels like when the shoe is on the other foot. It will become exactly equal, as far as freedom for us all goes.

This sub-group would continue to take away freedom from people who have actually been trying to live free for a long time. Many have gone to jail over it. They tend to read the first sentences of the even-numbered Bill of Rights only, and forget the spirit of the great Declaration of Independence. It is not just my property or money, but it is my life an my brain that makes me free or not.

Federal Reserve Notes are such a small sub-set of true freedom, although it is very important, because our wealth is the product of our labour. However, I consider my body to be worth quite a bit more than my personal wealth, at this point in my life. It took me 13.7 billion years to get here. In just 30 more years, I will be lucky if I am alive at 85. By then, science may advance, or be held back by those bronze-aged morralists. There is no telling what sort of laws authoritarians can invent in the future.

As Ron Paul has said, freedom is a new idea. Well, so is science. Science is followed by all people, to a degree; but most cherry-pick at it. Some believe the earth is younger than the domestication of dogs, or the tree rings on some tree fossils. Light is constant, and some of it has taken billions of years to reach hear and catch the lense of the Hubble telescope, as another example.

A free market is only free, if all people are permitted to trade. A sub-set of those in the Tea Party would continue to legislate away the hot dog stand in front of their precious resteraunt. They are anti-free-market at the local level. A good bunch of them support the military industrial complex as well – another pro-corporate-pro-group-rights, anti-free-market cartel that makes up a fairly large chunck of the overall corporate oligarchy. I have already indirectly mentioned how they throw a good number of their competiters in jail. Heaven forbid that someone should actually just grow a product in their back yard that can be used to manufacture paper, clothing, bio-degradable plastics, bio-fuels (maybe?), or grown in a different way to produce medicines or recreational drugs to compete with alcohol.

Freedom is followed by most, to a degree; but most are only interested in an irrationally, selfish form; where authoritarian laws written against those who would dare have different lifestyles of their own, and dare to live as free people, are treated as animals, by brutes in uniforms who will laugh at them. They cherry-pick who gets to live their free lifestyles and who does not.

The only problem that I have with Ron Paul’s solution, is that the authoritarians will also benefit and take credit. The group that wraps itself in a bloody flag, while carrying a bloody cross.

1. DavidUllery

hear here ;)

4. Lynn

We shouldn’t allow our country go down the drain just to make a point for the political reasons or because of political ideology. And for those who fall in line with the right-wing Tea Party movement I suggest you read an article from Webster G. Tarpley titled “The US Constitution Makes Default Illegal: What a Real President Would Do on August 1, 2011.” We are talking about losing our credit rating around the world and sending the financial markets into the psycho zone. Not even Reagan allowed that to happen what makes Mr. Paul so different? Why would he be so cavalier about our nation going to the brink of financial disaster? The debt ceiling was raised during Reagan and Bush’s administration and every other administration. Why didn’t Ron Paul advocate this policy during the Bush administration instead of focusing on “ending the fed” so much? This is why I see this as a partisan war and I am sick of the wars of ideology at the expense of the American people. Why didn’t he vote against the war? Certainly we could have saved a Trillion! Lets not forget that it was George Bush who spent like a drunken sailor and started this insane path. This is about America, our future generations and a stable world in the end. We can’t take a chance to see our nation fail just to see a Republican in the White House in 2012. Americas should be embarrassed if we default and I am surprise that Mr. Paul is taking this it-could -be-a-good-thing if we fail stance as well as his flat tax ideology, which only benefits the rich. [I consider myself an independent who supported Mr. Paul in the past ]

5. DEBBY LANE

Ok this is the kind of stuff that we are going broke from…. Right now, this very minute (as of 12:00 central time), there legislation in the House, specifically H.R. 440 that is being pushed as “our” responsibility. They are trying to create a “special envoy”, essentially a government funded body of people, that WE, me and you will pay for, that will be stewards of religious freedom world wide. The purpose of this group is to ensure religious freedom for Central Asia, Egypt, Afganistan, Iraq (these were named specifically) and other FORIEGN countries. They have cited that it is “OUR” responsibility to protect religious freedom in these countries! This is NOT our job or place to deal with. It is the responsibility of those countries leaders and the people that put them there or refuse to rise up against their own style of government that prohibits those freedoms! It is a sad thing, horrible yes….but NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY! It is not our job to send representatives and/or money to other countries to strong-arm them into creating, policing, and protecting THEIR CITIZENS rights, in THEIR countries.

The Author of this bill was
    Frank Wolf, R-Virginia 10th Dist.;
    Supporters are listed as follows as they spoke-
    Supporters:
    Anna Eshoo – D-California 14th Dist
    Christopher Smith – R-New Jersey 4th Dist
    Howard Berman – D-California 28th Dist
    Jan Schakowsky – D-Illinois 9th Dist
    Rober Dold – R-Illinois 10th Dist
    Gary Peters – D-Michigan 9th Dist
    Joseph Pitts – R-Pennsylvania 16th Dist
    Zeo Lofgren – D-California 16th Dist/ She wants to add Veitnam

If these are your congressmen/women…You should know what they are trying to do!

1. DavidUllery

I agree, we should not fund them. Freedom of religion is one thing, but freedom from religion is a higher priority. 100% of the countries where the religious take over the culture, they ruin the other freedoms that secular folks enjoy in their attempts to live free lives. The United States is milder than some, but the Christians still she be ashamed of themselves for pushing their morality into the arena of victimless crimes. I am glad that Ron Paul does not want to completely shove is bronze-aged religion down our collective throats.

6. DavidUllery

Anyone who claims that either I am “A” or “B” is another example of irrational thinking, when A and B are not mutually exclusive, nor they come anywhere near to covering the entire possible space of “U”. There is no need to comment any further on those remarks.