75 responses to “My hearing went well today. Did you know that 8875 of the bank…”

1. State of Utah Has Legalized Silver as Legal Tender

It already has happened and America is fast asleep..

Utah has started recognizing Gold and Silver as legal tender again, the Governor passed it into law and so there are now alternatives for the State of Utah (as well as Colorado) to the US Federal Reserve note….

Indebted no longer! That, ladies and gentlemen….is our collective power. Now if we get more states to recognize the principal behind HAVING gold/silver be legal, we can get them to recognize what it means to not have a Federal Reserve at all.

Then after that we can muster the political will to arrest all these traitorous scumbags, right up through the Federal Reserve and toss them in prison…..especially when they come for a “visit” to a Gold and Silver state!

2. Legalize_Gold_And_Silver_Now

Ron Paul, it is time to legalize Gold and Silver in specific Western states with the full backing of Military Personnel and State Governors.

This Statesman, and his group of Lawyers have the right solution to legally “abandon” the ship and let it fly off a cliff.

We MUST legalize Gold & Silver, in various states and get people on both sides to understand this loud and clear. The bubble’s already popped.

We must allow JP Morgan to crash and burn, enough that Senator Rand Paul can stop any and all amendments to raise the Debt Ceiling and pull the plug on the Bailouts to these Illegal Greek subsidiaries and other absolutely appalling crooks; the politicians on both sides!

It’s up to the states!!!!

Do not be afraid of the hydra called the New World Order! I can see the Statesman in Utah trembling as he pushes the Utah State Senate to legalize Gold and Silver.

Nonsense, everyone is afraid on some level!

But do not underestimate these treasonous slime!!! They can do absolutely nothing, the power lies with the states! Pull the PLUG on their gallows operation just as Utah has done by re-implementing Gold & Silver.

This is a one hundred year scam of epic New World Order proportions, a disease that must be cleansed from America. And the Congress doesn’t have the guts or knowledge to do it, so let the states decide this matter once and for all.

Bring corrupt Judges before the State’s respective boards of governors to hear their own criminal charges and cleanse the ranks in “States”. There is no way most states will follow suit, Utah and Colorado are a far cry in the wilderness.

But they successfully placing Gold and Silver back in the people’s hands, makes them not only more hospitable and desired by tourists; it puts a legal-maxim in play that the Courts won’t be able to override when people begin to see just how much of a house of cards this Federal Reserve really is. Then the illegal scamming thieves of the RIAA/Federal Reserve/IMF/N.W.O have little to no options and get to watch while all their currency goes up in flames.

Then we can take over Congress, ONCE the states have retaken the law!!!

3. Kill all NWO Elites

One Fox news tickers has been hacked by a hacker. Hacker criticizes fox news for lying. Supporting the right wing party that destroys the middle class and unions.

4. Michael S

I jumped the gun, I thought the clock was ticking Eastern Standard Time and I am located central so this is what I received in my email inbox: Dear Michael,

Thank you for your generous donation to the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Exploratory Committee. Your contribution to Ron will help fuel the fight to return this country to the principles that made it great.

Here are your transaction details:
    Donation amount: $100.00
    Transaction date/time: 2011-06-04 23:00:56
    Transaction ID: 289053638

Ron Paul 2012 PEC

Still, money well donated, now I have less than an hour to decide to donate another one hundred to the money bomb, money I pledged so I really do not have an option if I want to keep my word which I will. It is all good, as Ron Paul has stated, one dollar now is worth five later. http://www.ronpaul2012.com/ please donate.

1. JoshE

I was also worried I donated too early, but the countdown was no longer on the sites snd they said “donate NOW”, so i think it’s all being counted towards the moneybomb as of 12am DC time (Eastern)

5. Jimbo

I agree with Scott, in that beings supporters of Ron Paul, as I am, we are representing him and his message. Therefore, belittling opponents is absolutely unacceptable. He is right when he says there is enough of that going on with other politics, unlike him, however, I don’t believe that this only goes on on the “far left”. I also feel as though he is contradicting himself by saying not to resort to that for thats what the far lefts do. That to me is unacceptable. Through my, and in all fairness, fairly recent experience around Ron Paul support sites(btw which there are so many its inspiring) I have seen a more educated, more concerned, and more mature group of supporters who really don’t negatively attack opponents and I for one admire that. In my opinion many opponents(not naming names) don’t need us to attack them for their ignorance speaks for itself. On the issue of so called “flooding the polls” I have to say that I am a proud supporter of the facebook page Ron Paul Polls which informs supporters of new polls to participate in. We support him and therefore should and have every right to vote. I see the lack of respect he gets in the media today(as well as of course in 08). He is either not included or brushed off when he should be one of the main focuses. If the internet poll numbers get him more attention in the media then our “flooding” has worked. Scott I think you need to understand the importance of getting his name and ideas out there, well because people don’t know and won’t know if we don’t make signs, attend rallies, and/or participate in polls. I really do appreciate your concerns and your style and mature approach to arguing, however, find myself in disagreement. I do believe most supporters are extremely educated on these issues and have a justifiable anger in the media, and then you come along and argue that we shouldn’t participate in polls. With that being said I also find your argument that we are on the same side to be misinformed and inaccurate. I personally don’t believe in the left vs. right approach to politics and find it very sad that that is what America has come to. Rather, I vote for the candidate that I agree with most based on his/her principles, past experience, positions on issues, and overall character. I also believe in the past few elections it is very hard to see the difference between a left and a right winged president with them almost the same. Scott, you say you believe in debate over issues, are there any REAL issues you choose to debate in? Do you have any other concerns? What other republicans do you support and why? Are there things you feel opponents of Ron’s have to better offer the American people and why? Do you have any questions about any issues we as Ron Paul supporters can help clarify? Also, can I ask you, Don’t you see the unfairness and bias in the media when it comes to Ron Paul? Don’t you think opponents who are far less experienced, educated, and capable get more positive attention than Ron? What do you think we as supporters should do about this? Thank you for your time. I look forward to your response.

Jimbo,

I do not believe that ad-hominem attacks are relegated to only the far left either. It is on both sides. I will say that my posting experience tells me that it is far more prevalent on the Far Left. As I always want them to lose the debate, I never call them on it. I do however get frustrate when those of us on the opposite side use these tactics and am not afraid to call a spade a spade on the issue. It hurts our cause when we get mean and nasty.

On flooding the polls. Actually the attacks were my main gripe not the flooding of the polls. However I will tell you why I believe flooding the polls actually does more damage than good. I would refer to the story of the tortoise and the hare. Lisa in one of these posts on this page made the statement that “sorry your guy isn’t winning the online polls.” Does that mean she thinks Dr. Paul is? If she does then human nature makes us tend to do what the hare did. Sit down before the race is over. I would much rather “my guy” be behind until election day. How many of your not-so-active supporters see a poll, like the one at Fox last week, where Ron Paul sits at 47% and every one else sits below 20% and decides they do not need to donate any more. That the do not need to twitter any more. That he is so far ahead that there is no need to worry. They might not even be so pressed as to vote in the primary.

But I would also say that it is really dishonest. I do not believe that the ends justify the means. Ron Paul is known most for his integrity. Those polls that have been flooded, no matter how noble the reason, do not show what is truth. When I look at polls like the few I have seen that were flooded, it make me think that if those guys would spend that much time debating the issues, it would translate into real votes that would translate into real numbers in the scientific polls.

But to each his own on the flooding issue. I just believe that it also reflects poorly on the candidate the supporters are trying to support. I understand getting his name out there more than most. I have been actively involved in the GOP since I was too young to vote. How do I do that? I tell everyone far and wide how much I support my candidate and why. Much like I did for my congressional candidate Devin Nunez a year ago.

As to what issues I debate in? I debate that the Federal Government is ill equipped to micromanage local issues and does more damage than good in doing so. I debate that the more you encourage entitlements, the more you suppress those who otherwise might achieve greatness. I debate that if we took entitlements away from those who do not need it, the more we would have to give those that really do. I debate that our private education has exponentially better success at producing more college graduates than the Public on 1/3 the money. I debate that the Public education system wants to take God entirely out of the system then wonders why our students have character problems. I debate that the left always wants to compare the wealthy to the poor as opposed to the poor here with the poor in the rest of the world. Our poor here in America stand in the top 10% of the wealth of the world. The poorest of poor have a better standard of living here in this great country than in any other country, or in any other time in the history of the world. These are the things I debate.

I too agree that we have quite a few politicians that, on both sides, really could leave off the R or D. However I would sorely disagree that the issues are not left and right. There is a great divide between the Free Market and Government ran and the outcome. There is a great divide between big Federal Government and strength in the Local Government and the outcome of each. I would put the problem squarely on the voters however. We have become complacent and the far left never did. They have flooded the media and our schools and took over the Unions while we sat by. So thinking to win just an R we have settled for a compromise with the left when Reagan proved that through Great communication you can win over the American People to a conservative line of reasoning.

As for Ron Paul, I have followed closely his positions for three election cycles now. I will not debate my disagreements here in his living room. I do not think that appropriate. I will tell you, that with a few of the people we have running, I agree on most issues with a few of the candidates and Ron Paul is one of them. I will be happy however to debate the issues I disagree on and tell you why I support my candidate in email at sco ttie 1321 @ ya hoo (dot) communications. (Take that you email address stealing spaming bots) LOL

Thank you for the opportunity to do one of my favorite things. to discuss issues.

Scott

6. lisa

Ron Paul is the only one with the guts to take on the federal reserve. He was also the only presidential candidate in ’08 who warned us about the economic collapse and the bust in the housing market. Everyone laughed at him, and they have the nerve to doubt him now. I look at the current filed of gop candidates and am astounded by their lack of economic foresight.

Herman Cain, for example, said in 2008 that we were NOT on the brink of a recession: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Pg3-9QWsU

7. Michael S

Scott Osborn “Can you two please just agree to disagree and concentrate on something more positive”? Your response to my friendly request, “I would respectfully say to turn off your notifications or delete them.” But that was not good enough was it, you had to go on to tell me “Talk about not representing the foundational constitutional issue of free speech. That statement you made flies in the face of what we all believe and is exactly the Far Lefts position. I would respectfully encourage you to rethink it.” Mr. Osborn, you like to use the word Ad Hominem and I quote you “That is exactly the type of ad-hominem attacks I speak of. We are all on the same side.” Scott Osborn
    June 4, 2011 at 3:05 pm and yet in almost every post of yours I have read you are confrontational and opinionated, let me remind you it was your original post that started this distraction from the real meaning of the original post and its message, “88% of the bank bailout money through the discount window went to foreign banks?” With that said I am finished here, you can pat yourself on the back, you won this argument. I have not been following this post to see one person try to dominate the discussion so I will not turn off my notifications, I will block all notifications from this site for the time being. I admit I had to look up the meaning of Ad Hominem, Regular Ad Hominem
    1. A makes claim B;
    2. there is something objectionable about A,
    3. therefore claim B is false.
    I now will exercise my first amendment right and call you a hypocrite because, and I again quote you “This is what free thinking is all about.”

1. Scott Osborn

All that cutting and pasting does not change the fact that in a discussion forum, you asked two people to stop discussing because you were inconvenienced by a notification email.

I never said anything to anyone about not being confrontational or opinionated.
      To the contrary,
      I encourage confrontation and strong opinion when discussing issues.What I argued for was civility in doing so. How that is hypocrisy is beyond me.

I started this thread with an open request to Dr. Paul and his supporters because the lack of civility hinders his message. Dr. Paul’s message that 88% of those bailouts went to foreign entities gets lost when people are not able to discuss without civility.

I am sorry that a civil discussion about all Conservatives and Libertarians setting an example when we discuss the issues has you so upset but in closing I quote DR. Paul:

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
      Ron Paul

2. Scott Osborn

BTW

An ad hominem (Latin: “to the man”), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attempt to link the truth of a claim to a negative characteristic or belief of the person advocating it.

In other words, calling a person you do not know, a racist, stupid, or a hypocrite as a means to prove your point.

I repeat, it does not help the argument trying to be made and only reflects negatively on the person making the attack. Go to the HuffingtonPost or the Daily KOS to see many examples of this kind of discourse.

1. Scott Osborn

Abusive ad hominem (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one’s opponent in order to attack his claim or invalidate his argument

This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and negative facts about the opponent’s personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent’s arguments or assertions.

2. Michael S

3. Ben

Actually he quoted me and if you do not think this is free thinking. If you do not think this is a discussion worth having. Then I want to ask you, “are you from this planet.” Talking about Ron Paul flooding is important. I say we need all the help we can get and he thinks its a little wrong and I admit it is a little wrong but he might admit we need it a bit of wrong to get people to notice lol. But if your going to say this I hope the free thinkers of the world dislike your comments. The Libertarian

1. Michael S

I was accused of cut and paste, guilty, I was accused of more than that and quite frankly I do not have the motivation to be specific but on most, if not all accounts Mr. Osborn uses his exceptional command of the English language to make his point and intimidate this simpleton or, as I would prefer to describe myself, simple with no reference to anyone but myself. I do not want to be a hypocrite and fear I may be in some people’s opinion by responding to any post here now and or what I have previously stated. I have already conceded so I am not sure what more he would want from me but I have a feeling he will make that clear soon. I am not and never would claim to be totally right about anything and he has put me in a position that I stand corrected but only because I followed my emotions rather than my intellect when I called him a hypocrite. The man is completely correct about we need not be name calling if we are on the same side nor ever but it is tempting at times. He has a way with words that he belittles others without the use of expletives so he can maintain the high ground and does so quite well. I am tired of this; I am looking forward to the money bomb event starting tonight. I am going to donate one hundred dollars and as cool, neat, special or what other word or words I use that may be dated, it would be grand if I could get my donation in first but I would bet tenfold I can not. For the record, I am fifty three years old and not in the category of younger people (because of my age) who believe in change and support Congressman Ron Paul M.D. and it gives me hope to see the young responding positively to Ron Paul in a way that makes me proud. Let it be said the young know, for the future will be inherited by the younger than I. Now I will leave this post and prepare to soon witness what I hope is a historical event, http://www.ronpaul2012.com/ please donate.

1. Scott Osborn

I in now way intended to belittle or intimidate you. If I made you feel that way, I sincerely apologize. I did take seriously your asking for a discussion in a discussion forum to cease because it was creating notifications in your inbox. There are those in this country who would like to silence all of those who do not stand in lockstep with their own beliefs.

You state, “I am not sure what more he would want from me.”

Just stay the high ground my friend, just stay the high ground. You will bring your opponent to his knees as he spends his time name calling if you will just stay the high ground. That is the basic foundational principle of Christianity.

You also stated, “He has a way with words that he belittles others without the use of expletives so he can maintain the high ground and does so quite well.”

I by no means belittled anyone. I would argue, as I have in these posts, that the one using ad-hominem attacks while the other stands the high ground belittles themselves. I debate the Far Left daily, driving them crazy as I stay as kind and civil to them as I can while they call me every name in the book. I do not stay the high ground to make them crazy, I stay the high ground because that is my Christian standard. But even The Apostle Paul said in Romans that if you will stay kind to those who persecute you, it is like heaping burning coals on your head.

I reach out my hand to you Michael in friendship. We most likely agree on most things. I am now going to go to http://www.ronpaul2012.com/ and give him $100. Although Ron Paul is not my first choice, he does embody the basic standards I am espousing in these posts.

1. Michael S

Well sir, now you make me smile because, for no other reason just because. Now, for me, back to the money bomb which I so ignorantly did not verify time zone… and for the sake of debate and I do not want any more tonight, whether Ron Paul can win the GOP or not it is my belief that what he stands for is available to the public. I have been apathetic concerning politics most of my life and Ron Paul cured me of that.

8. RonPaulForPresident

Thank you for another absolutely real and inspiring speech Dr. Paul.

Only together can Americans stop the New World Order and do the right thing, which is crash the Federal Reserve.

Crash the Federal Reserve, stop the illegal New World Order in its tracks.

We will need every AWAKE American and volunteer to join this battlefield as that is what it will take to bring down these political hacks, the Dr. Jeykylls who have been stealing from us for years right underneath our nose as the Tea Party now even proved. The politicians on both sides are involved in a quid-quo pro, an illegal New World Order agenda paid for by the Federal Reserve which is financing the utter destruction of America!

Stop the Illegal scam, ARREST THEM and most importantly…..Crash the Federal Reserve!!!

9. Michael S

Attention Scott and Ben, this all started about flooding, well guess what gentlemen; you two are flooding my email with your bickering. Do I have to turn off my notifications? Can you two please just agree to disagree and concentrate on something more positive?
    Campaign’s grassroots supporters are holding another Money Bomb this coming Sunday, June 5th. Search Ron Paul 2012

1. Scott Osborn

I would respectfully say to turn off your notifications or delete them. Where Ben and I may disagree on this, we most likely agree on a majority of things. One of those things is free speech and the unwillingness to let someone silence. Especially over something as trivial as your email notifications.

This, my friend, is a discussion forum. That is what it is for and this is a valid discussion. As Ben said in an earlier post:

“This is what free thinking is all about.”

You have not right to ask people to stop discussing in a discussion forum just because you get an email.

10. daisy

Ron paul,
    I hope that you will be our next president. I agree with mostly everything you say. I like the fact that you are honest and always say the same things. People know what you are thinking. With other candidates one can never tell what they really think or how they feel about any given subject. Sometimes I wonder if they even know what they are talking about but rather trying to manipulate us by saying things that no one can really disagree with and therefore they think that they will get more votes. This tactic is so common in politics and it is wrong. Thank you for speaking your mind and letting us know how you really feel. I stand for freedom. I stand with you.

11. Ben

Like I said before the revolution was won with guns in hand. Our guns are picket signs and rallies. The media barely covered the Madison Wisconsin Rallies. There were over 100,000 people there…Turn off the TV….. If you are going to say that we can’t use peaceful means to gain attention. You have already given up. because the grassroots of America is waking up and wants real change. You are already asking me to give up on liberty to go to a rally event and to say what I want to say. It was Ron Paul members who took those seats. Others could have taken those seat before the Ron Paul Supporters. We have the passion, the power and the drive to bring this nation a true future. Not more of the same. Some of the most important people in our history went to bars and got people all wild (James madison and Mr. Adams). How dare you ask me to give up my freedom to take a bus to a rally and support my Icon, my hero, and my role model. The Libertarian

” The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.” John Fitzgerald Kennedy

1. Scott Osborn

Where in any of my posts did I say that we can’t use peaceful means to gain attention. Au contrair, I am arguing for peaceful means and agianst incivilty in our discourse.

You said, “you are already asking me to give up on liberty to go to a rally event and to say what I want to say.” Where in my posts did I say that? It is not what we say, but how we say it.

2. Ben

That is what you are implying when you say Ron Paul supporters should stay home and not go to the polls (which is what ur argument is) because you said u think flooding it wrong. And in Return I said it is outrageous to tell people to not go by bus or plane or what ever means necessary to support their candidate. Do you read Ron Paul’s stuff…. Its our money we can spend it how we see fit. And it we see fit to give our time, energy and money to him then I can not take your comments lightly in brink of Revolution. The Libertarian.

AY YI YI,

Online polls, on websites, you know where you guys all get together and pass around the latest poll and send all your friends to that website to make Ron Paul look like he has 50% support when he doesn’t.

Do you really think I was talking about voting in elections? I am sorry if I did not make that clear.

That tactic is dishonest. Is a poll that makes Ron Paul look like he has 45-50% support when he doesn’t truthful? Is it honest? Does it reflect reality?

12. Michael S

I can only speak for myself and I have been reminded of that a few times so speaking for myself I have a thought about Congressman Paul’s supporters flooding the polls, I neither agree nor disagree BUT if that is true I would suspect there is a good reason for doing so. What say you, maybe Ron Paul supporters are aware that is the best way to get recognition. I personally find polls, blogs and such by searching the mans name i.e. Ron Paul and when I find something new either positive or negative I investigate but I do not attempt to flood anything and often find myself trying to defend the positions of Doctor Paul because those that do not support him always ping on the non issues as in ‘Paul supports heroin use’ or ‘Paul is against the elimination of Bin Laden’ which I will not bother to defend those out of context statements other than saying exactly that, they are words pressured journalists say and miss informed people watching the bias Fox News or any main stream media for that matter concentrate on instead of what is important.
    I agree with Ben “He is getting more media looks but not near what anyone else is”. With that said I will put my keyboard to rest with a reminder, Campaign’s grassroots supporters are holding another Money Bomb this coming Sunday, June 5th. http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

1. Ben

Thank you for being a third party opinion in our debate. This is what free thinking is all about. The Libertarian

13. Ben

Our founders stood up with guns in arms. We are doing civil disobedience and are not hurting anyone. How can you sit here and say that we can’t use any means necessary to get our message out. Fox News is a 24 hour ad for the Corrupt.

“Live a Libertarian, Die a Libertarian. When your last breaths come to be: You will be Assured, Promised, Guaranteed. That your final breaths were for Liberty. ”
    Ben Brixey

“One man with courage is a majority” Thomas Jefferson

MANY MEN WITH COURAGE IS A REVOLUTION. SIT DOWN.

1. Scott Osborn

Because there is a difference between civil disobedience and uncivil disobedience. There is a difference between civil means and uncivil means. One represents the character of Dr. Paul. One represents the character of the far left.

14. Ben

Flooding the polls doesn’t even come close to leveling the playing field when it comes to Ron Paul on main stream media. He is getting more media looks but not near what anyone else is. This is a grass roots movement and the people will find their own ways to be heard. Step off from your perch Scott.

1. Scott Osborn

Why did not you just say, “The ends justify the means”? Again, that is far from the character of the man you wholeheartedly support.

2. lg

They aren’t flooding the polls! Did it ever occur to you that Ron has gained tens of thousands of new supporters since the last election? That and the fact there are numerous Ron Paul fan sites so when someone sees a poll they alert the others and everyone goes to vote.

1. Scott Osborn

When an online poll shows 45% for Dr. Paul and everyone else is at 20% or below, it has been flooded. Many do. I wish he did.

1. lisa

sorry your guy isn’t winning the online polls. Would you like a box of tissues?

1. Scott Osborn

This is not about my guy or your guy, who btw isn’t winning either. This is about civil discourse.

15. John P

Ron Paul

I feel as if my country has been degraded to a civilization of ignorance and corruption. There is no greater hope for restoring a free and open society then you President Paul. Countless unjust wars and money laundering to dictators, devaluing my hard earned dollar through quantitative easing, what happened to America? Anyone these days is graced to have a decent job, even working part time or if they only make minimum wage. I’m tired of paying the government to do things I don’t know about and sure as hell don’t approve of. I’m tired of all the death and occupation overseas while the American public stands beside it blindly. I’m tired of spending my whole life in school so I can have a glimmer of hope of becoming prosperous, and working soley to pay this off. The point is I’m tired of the path the American people have not necessarily chosen, but that they let others choose for them. We need a true and honest leader in these grave times Mr. Paul or I fear this will all end badly for everyone in this world very soon. I have a feeling about this year, Ron, I feel like 2011 is going to be the start of some very rough times. We don’t have time to wait until 2012 for real change but electing you as president is our only hope to change to a just and prosperous country again. We will be the jealousy of the world rather than the hated. All of us are counting on you whether people know it or not.

John P

16. Scott Osborn

Dear Mr. Paul.

I have listened to you for years and highly respect your passion and your Libertarian principles. If you win the nomination, I will be your most ardent supporter. I believe you would make a good President. I come her however asking you and your supporters a favor.

Your supporters are flooding manipulative polls. They are on an attack against all other candidates. The favorite seems to be Herman Cain. Example: http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/06/02/poll-which-official-2012-gop-contender-would-get-your-vote/

It is beginning to make your supporters, and you by proxy, look dishonest and you are by far one of the most honest politicians in my lifetime. It also makes you look like you are on the defense which I am sure you know is not where any candidate wants to be.

While I firmly believe in the open debate of defending your candidate as well as telling why you oppose another, this is not the case in a large minority of the posts I have read this last few weeks in the comments sections of many places on the web. I regularly face this kind of ad-hominem attacks and uncivil discourse in places like the Huffingtonpost from the far left. It saddens me to see Conservative and Libertarian side thinkers degrade who the Right side of politics is with this type of behavior. This is not a small problem Mr Paul. It is becoming well known on the internet that a group of your ardent (and I so respect that) supporters are using these tactics. Example: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2722282/posts

I respectfully ask that you plead with your supporters to stop this craziness. It will only go to hurt you in the National election should you win the Primary. My number one concern is not who wins the Primary. (You however are in my top three) My number one concern is taking back our country from Obama and the damage the far left wing of his party wants to do to this country.

We on the Right are on the Right I believe basically because it is in lock step with our basic religious principles. If we do not stand by those standards, i.e. act like Christians, act within certain character standards of civility, we have lost the fight. Many of the posts I have seen in the last few weeks from your supporters fall very very short from the standard that I have seen you live by and preach.

I wish you the best. You as well as other candidates are in my prayers. The sacrifice you have made if you win the primary will be horrendous. The left will attack you with every hurtful thing in the book. Just the willingness to run and the sacrifice made doing so makes you a hero in my book.

Best wishes,

Scott

1. Robert

Dear Dr. Paul,
      We are well aware of gullible folks like Scott who believe every comment against your opponents is generated by someone who genuinely supports you. Remain confident that your supporters don’t need to resort to flooding manipulative polls of other candidates, or engage in uncivil discourse.

1. Fluidly Unsure

The issues Scott brought up need to be addressed. It is not going to help to stick our head in the ground. Remember all the meetups with the specific goal of flooding conferences? It wasn’t a reflection of Ron Paul’s value as a president anymore than Obama’s campaign caused “changes” beyond making us “ready for a black president”.

I don’t want this to be a replay of 2008 where he did well in strawman polls and online fund raising, but not in the actual election. Four years ago we needed the over enthusiastic supporters to catch people’s attention, but the media is taking him more seriously this time and these kinds of tactics (if they are truly being used now) could hurt more than help.

2. Scott Osborn

“gullible folks like Scott”

That is exactly the type of ad-hominem attacks I speak of. We are all on the same side. We want smaller government, less taxes, and for the 12% far left to get their grubbies out of our lives. Yet you attack me like that. Notice the civility in my post next to the incivility in your post. That I say again, is not in line with the incredible character of Dr. Paul. When supporters of a cause lower themselves to that standard it is a reflection on Dr. Paul. He, of all the candidates, does not deserve that. It does not help him. It hurts him.

2. lg

Scott, we are learning some very disturbing things about Herman Cain that you aren’t being told by Fox News and Free republic. I know the truth hurts but some of us prefer the truth. We aren’t going to blindly support someone just because they are a slick talker and Fox News likes them. I would share my research with you but you are obviously not ready for the truth, it will all come out in the end though as it always does.

1. Scott Osborn

So if Cain or Palin or Romney wins the primary, are you going to support our candidate or are you going to be a vote for Obama?

2. Scott Osborn

This discussion has nothing to do with pros or cons of any candidate. It has to do with the civility in those discussions. You proved my point thank you:

“know the truth hurts but some of us prefer the truth.”

“you are obviously not ready for the truth”

You have no idea who I am. Yet because we disagree, you label me. Those statements reflect on you, not me.

Those are ad-hominem attacks that have no basis of substance. You will never, no matter how we disagree, find me resorting to that kind of discourse. I do not participate in that kind of discourse with someone even on the far left. It would reflect on my character.

As an illustration, the same could be said about those who use profanity for every other word in the speech. While that type of individual may think it makes them look tough or strong, it doesn’t. It shows that they have a lack of vocabulary. It makes them look weak.

Support your candidate with fervor! Argue against why you disagree with another one with fervor! Leave out the ad-hominem attacks on the persons character with whom you are debating. It weakens your argument, reflects poorly on the one who you are supporting, and tells the person you are debating that you cannot support your position as you have to resort to name calling instead.

Read the comments by the far left at the Huffington post. You will see this tactic used prolifically. We all know it is because they cannot argue facts so that is all they have left. They call us racist, they call us stupid, they say, you are obviously not ready for the truth. We on the right side of politics are better than that.

17. TREEpeople

RAND PAUL, I hope you read this. …. If you trip ,or stumble .Pick your self up, dust your self off, … smile…. and get back to work. When on rocky or uneven ground, slow down,take your time, and make sure each step is planted firmly. Don’t let them get to ya! There is to much work to be done. Remember , what doesn’t kill you……..only makes you stronger. Arborists and Ron,Rand Paul supporter.

18. Dean

Got to prop up the Euro some how…

19. steven cox

Ron Paul said on 5-25-11, “The last nail has been driven into the coffin of the Republic”.

20. Ron Paul Gold!

Dr. Paul is a hero who understands the Austrian School and money.

Here is a “Open Letter to Ron Paul” that raises a great idea concerning Dr. Paul’s astute observation that the valuation of gold at $42.22/oz makes no sense:

“Dear Dr. Paul,

I would like to share with you what I think is a brilliant opportunity for you to lead the revaluation of the US gold stockpile from its present book value of $42.22/oz. which, as you say in the video below, “makes no sense whatsoever.” I think that when a rare opportunity like the one I’m about to describe presents itself, the least we can do is to give it fair consideration….”

1. Michael S

I just finished reading your open letter and my jaw is still dropped, my mouth open and I am starting to drool. What an amazing concept and I will not belittle by saying it is simple, it took, in my opinion a clear, educated and very informed mind to come up with such a doable idea that it is hard to believe it has not already happened. Forgive me for my mind is still racing and I am having difficulty compiling my thoughts into words. I pray Congressman Paul will read your letter and act. I agree with you, Ron Paul is the right person to have this knowledge or should I say thought process. Have you tried to reach him through his official government website or contact one of his aids by telephone? Good luck.

1. Michael S

Ron Paul Gold!

21. Carol

So what? Eliott Spitzer slept with a hooker he was prosecuting, Clinton had sex in the Oval (orafice) Office with an Israeli spy, Obama hasn’t shown his original birth certificate, Kennedy was a womanizing pervert, Schartzenegger had an ongoing relationship with his housemaid whilst posing as Mr Perfectspouse, Nixon was Nixon , Reagan was senile, Georgie Peorgie Bush knew about 911, Eisenhower was known as a mediocre student in Westpoint and somehow became the President of the US and murdered more German civilians after the surrender of Germany (he was known as the dirty swedish jew), George senior was on the take from the Israelis like all other congresswimps except these outstanding men …your point about a comment Rand Paul made once ….is?

22. Ross

88% went to foreign banks? Let’s do a little analysis of this reality.The Fed creates money form nothing that depreciates the value of work of the US citizen and then loans it to foreign countries so they can profit from interest payments.This is why there is no liquidity in the US economy for it to function productively.They are still propping up the worthless derivatives,credit default swaps etc that will soon collapse
    thus destroying again real productivity.

The real productive economy is being purposefully starved of the medium of exchange.End the Fed now!

23. Ben

Rand said “Violent overthrow of the government”

I was under the impression violence is generally bad and should be punished, regardless of it is towards the US government or a separate entity. Give Rand a chance to explain himself and it will make more sense.

24. Blaine

Reprising the discussion about http://thelastword.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/06/01/6764826-rand-paul-jail-radical-speech-attendees

My opinion, based on what I know about Rand and what he values, is that he spoke very ambiguously by accident. I think that if he took a moment to think before he spoke, he would have stressed that the real criterion about jailing people is if they participated in an event promoting “violent overthrow of the government”. If you think that any nation should permit the violent overthrow of itself, that just won’t work on earth.

But even if I am right and it was just a communication mistake, it still makes me really wonder if Rand has the mental quickness and discipline to be a long-term, successful, national leader for Libertarianism.

25. Catarina

I didn’t actually respond to the article.
    But, I am not surprised about what happened in USA.
    Portugal was forced by the EU and the MIF to ask for monetary help – a stupidity because we have enough gold to face our debts. Anyway, it was given the ridiculous amount of 78 million euros, and 80% of it is going to private banks, also. Which means that those that were the cause for the flop are the ones that are getting the help, and the people are still losing their jobs because the private micro and medium enterprises cannot keep on paying the increasing taxes the state is subjecting them to. The state has become a massive spender, by the many ministries and secretaries of state as well as by supporting public enterprises that do nothing but employ loads of people, and those are not going to disappear. The health care, education and pensions are the ones that are asked to pay for the money that was received by the banks from the international help.
    The dimension is different but the principles seem to be the same.

26. Catarina

Dear Dr. Ron Paul
    I’m not an american citizen, I’m portuguese, and even though there is a big ocean that separates our two countries I cannot but worry about wat goes on in USA. The main reason is because America has become the main agressor in the world, not the terrorists, as they claim. In the last 50/60 years USA has started or “fed” more deadly wars in and inter nations than in the last thousand years.
    As an european I was raised to believe that America represented the ideal of democracy, but what I see know, as an adult, is that America is a cancer in the world.
    I’m not going to digress about the reasons why I lost my respect for your country’s last Governments, that would take too long, but I want to make it clear that I admire many americans.
    And one of the Americans, in the political field, that I’ve grown to admire the most since 2008 is Dr. Paul.
    I don’t understand how such an intelligent, educated, reasonable and rational person is not being supported by his own party to become the next president – in fact he should already be the President of USA.
    I don’t like conspiracy theories, but in this case maybe they make sense. Dr. Paul is too independent, and probably wouldn’t take orders like the puppets that the republican party is supporting.
    I hope that enough americans see the jewel that they have and vote massively for this true American.

Respectfully,
    Catarina

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 26 Thumb down 0

27. Michael S

Here is a YouTube link where you can hear Senator Rand Paul saying what he is accused of here which is quite shocking. One of the many reasons I think people that run for high profile political office are all a bit masochistic, you make a statement like that and BANG, you carry it forever. But the issue here is not Rand Paul, it is Congressman Ron Paul who is running for president. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FIhZUG8AKk

28. Wonk

Im afraid Rand did say that peeps who attend rallies that encourage government overthrow should be put in jail. Just attend. Im a big fan of Ron, but his son, not so much after this. If Im wrong, I would love to be corrected.

1. Wonk

Heres the vid:

Or just google “Rand Paul jail”.

1. Jimbo

I did listen to the recording, and i personally do not agree with it. I would like to hear Rand defend or at least better explain himself for having said that. I do support Rand in many of the things he does stand for. Nevertheless, Rand Paul is not Ron Paul. I notice a lot more wisdom and maturity in Ron’s positions, speeches, and books. Let’s not forget they are not the same person and I have seen them hold different ideas to things before. Regardless, I would vote for Ron if his son was a complete loser because I agree with Ron and have done the research necessary to know that he is the ONLY candidate that can save America. However, with that being said, I do not believe Rand is a loser – I don’t believe his actions should at all effect our support for his father. Again, I would like to hear Rand explain himself. Now let’s not get distracted here, think about the real issues, the important issues. I think we are taking giant steps towards ultimately eliminating the FED! Congrats Ron Paul! Now for all you supporters don’t forget to fill out your sticky notes and leave them around for people to see, don’t forget the importance of getting Ron’s name and ideas out to everyone, Ron has started a REVOLUTION lets continue it and do our best to get people educated. RON PAUL 2012 -LIBERTY-PROSPERITY-PEACE

29. tj

well…yes our government needs to sell its propert to pay off the debt….but, government never should be owning property in the first place….

…and yes, this also includes buildings…from when the department of education and energy are shut down…along w/ the new limos the obama administration purchased…look it up…google limo liberals…even the Huffington Post reported this one…

Ron Paul 2012…you are either for FREEDOM or you are not…

30. marty

Hey, flipflop you’re an idiot. According to you Rand said “radical speech can get you thrown in jail”, can not should. He might have been pointing out what’s wrong with America today. You can get thrown in jai for breathing nowadays, if Obama labels you an unlawful enemy combatant, and there’s no judicial review. By the way, Ron doesn’t need to sell books. According to his financial statements, he’s been invested in precious metals for the last ten years.

By the way, you’re an indictment, of whatever school, that taught you to write.

31. IO_Storm

Flipflop,

Having just watched Rand Paul working hard to defend our fourth amendment rights against the Patriot Act continuation, I find it very difficult to imagine him ignoring our first amendment rights. Do you have any evidence of this claim? If you have it, post it for all to see. There is only truth here. If not, then I’d ask you to be a little less wreckless with your words.

32. Flipflop

Hey your son just went against the first Amendment by saying radical

speech can get you in jail!!!! And you want me to vote for you? The fruit

doesn’t fall far from the tree and if its in the cat its in the kitten!!!! just

another joke to sell books YOU NEED TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT WITH

YOUR SON OR EVERYTHING YOU STAND FOR WILL FALL APART AT THE

SEEMS!!!!

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 0 Thumb down 22

1. andy

I’d like to think that I am an objective person. Could you please provide some links, so I might follow up on your claims? Thanks! I support Rand Paul, and find it hard to believe that he would make a statement like that. So, I hope it isn’t true. But we need to hold our representative accountable, and I’d very much like some evidence before accusations are made.

2. Michael

Racism, extremism, and hate is starting to seep out of Rand Paul. Ron Paul hides it better but in any case it’s nearly the end of Ron Paul. Rand Paul will go on because his brand of hate politics appeals to the lowlife he has supporting him in his state. And what a sad experiment Ron Paul has been.

1. John W.

Do you suppose you might provide some evidence of your claims of “racism” and “hate?” You are not the first to throw this excrement out to see which wall it sticks to, and sadly you probably won’t be the last. What all of you have in common besides old-fashioned ignorance is a total lack of any evidence to back up what you put out here. If you have any, by all means shine the light on it and allow us to see it-I don’t think that any of us who support Ron and/or Rand Paul would knowingly support a racist or anti-Semite.

2. Jimbo

I am sorry you feel that way because you are not only hurting yourself but your family, my family and the entire country. Unfortunately, I dont believe you have any evidence for such ludicrous claims. I hate to say it but there is quite a veil of ignorance in your speech. Lack of education, research, and true understanding of the constitution and the simple yet great principles that made America such a great country. However, over the years it has been ruined by greed, selfishness, lack of education and people’s interests not in whats important but in complete nonsense that has made too many ignorant. You my friend are very ignorant and it’s the people like you that are ruining this country.

3. Michael S

Let it be known I post as Michael S and I hope I will never be confused with this person who posted as Michael who makes blatant statements with no merit.

3. Foreigner

A son is not his father, A father is not his son. A child is not his sibling.
      There’s no guarantee of how similar or different a person may be from their relatives.

( now some idiot’s going to reply with “The sins of the father…” and other colloquialisms as if they were rock solid scientific fact…)

How many holier-than-thou parents have criminals and sluts for children?
      How many super-successful families have that 1 black sheep child that can’t even move out of the paren’t house.

Not saying this Rand guy is anything like that. Just saying that not all Fathers and Sons look like the George Bushes.

4. John W.

I think it was pretty clear that Sen. Paul was pointing out the danger our Congress and President has put us in, should we dare to speak our minds as Sen. Rand Paul does-anyone who fights as hard as he does for the Bill of Rights is not suggesting that we be jailed for speaking up. Read his comments more carefully, and reflect on how fortunate we are that we have at least two in Congress who are trying to preserve our Republic. While you’re at it, brush up on your grammar and your spelling-both of which are atrocious.

5. Michael S

Flipflop,
      Ron Paul supporters are often accused of being radical but few have been identified as ignorant, actually none I am aware of and RP supporters tend to put more thought and research effort into their commentary than those I have read from persons that oppose the man, or with that said, people that support Obama. That is an observation that I am making and only that, an observation. I do know that Rand Paul is not a member of Congress, he is a United States Senator and not subject to being told what to do by his father who, because of his beliefs would not ever even try, as you say, ‘SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT WITH YOUR SON’ and if you knew anything about the man you would not make such an ignorant statement. Is your user name Flipflop a synonym for fickle?

33. mark 971

The question has been is there gold in that there, Fort Knox now? The last time the American people were allowed to see this was in the 1970′s. I believe it was CBS who was allowed to film and hold the actual bars. But what about now being 40 years later, 7 conflicts later is it still there? But I also think they were asked to move it by World Bank and Congress shut them down. This just goes to show that our Founding Fathers were correct, it will not be a major conflict, we will be taken down from within. I think you can also find the video on http://www.Youtube.com about the tour of fort knox.

34. PeoplePower

Chinese folks are very wise people, you can learn a lot physical items have real value.

Can anyone remember when China invaded iraq or libya to bully & steal ?
    NO thats because they are smart. Does it not make sense to build schools & hospitals that people actually need,instead of handing over a bag of photocopy cash notes ??

We need a Gold Standard not credit crap, do an audit of the federal Reserve, audit fort knocks check all the banks in the world for gold, I bet you will find nothing in any of them. Federal fraud is going bye bye.

Watch this space folks & know who your friends really are …

Go Ron Paul :-)

1. mark 971

35. mark 971

Did you know china is buying our river fronts right here in our country. China just purchased 69 acres along the Maumee River in Toledo Ohio. Article can be found at http://www.toledoblade.com. Is this what we are reduced to selling our country to pay debt? So whats next government getting kicked out of office and the city taken over by a city planner? Oops forgot already done that so whats next the sale of Michigan to China? So is our government going to start selling our bankrupt cities and states to pay off our debts? This just goes back to the great brains they do have, lets have another country guarding our coasts like New York. But lets not talk about the real terrorists. You fight them Ron, fight for my country and my constitution!!!! Ron you are gaining my respect and we are watching you and hope to see you succeed.