Poll: Who Should Be Ron Paul’s Vice President in 2012?

Ron Paul announced on May 13 that he will seek the Republican nomination for the 2012 presidential elections. If Ron Paul wins the Republican primary, who should he choose as his running mate for the general election? You can choose up to 7 options.

[poll id=”23″]

1. #1. General Colin Powell
    #2. Governor Mitch Daniels
    #3. Gary Johnson
    #4. Pat Buchanan
    #5. Charles Krauthammer

I would also love to see a Jesse Ventura VP ticket if he would accept it.

2. Gary Johnson would be the smartest choice because he is like a younger Ron Paul

3. Matthew Schertz

As much as I would love Jesse to be the VP he won’t do it. I don’t know how recent the interviews I watched are they did not have a date on them (just an upload date). Jesse said he would only be Ron Paul’s running mate if he ran as an independent. While as like the list I think the people who would say no outright should be removed from the list. What good does it do if Ron Paul and all of his supporters desire a certain running mate and that running mate says no. I would probably put Rand in the same boat I don’t think Rand’s wife would let it happen. But on the other-hand never say never.

4. k2000k. thanks for the good reply, Your probably right . Its just wishful- thinking,
    but in a real democracy its the peoples wishes that count not the elected servants . That is why i am for Dr. Paul, but really we all must admit to our selves that the Dr. knows who is real and who is not. Its fun to pick and discuss just the same. peace baby.

5. It is great to see so many great people in the top 10 on the vp list. It is cool to see Dennis Kucinich up there in the top 5, it shows that Ron Paul appeals to a lot of liberals as well. I think it would be difficult to have Kucinich as the vp due to their differences on domestic policies, but I think it would give him a very good shot against Obama. If it were up to me i’d have to go with Napolitano because of his understanding of the constitution.

• Mike. The judge is ok person. And he also is a constitution defender. However. I’m thinking best case Peter Schiff as he has proven to be a person of courage and conviction. Not to mention a first class economist. Second choice Ralph Nader. He has shown by his actions to be like RP where integrity and courage are concerned. He has the battle scars. Jesse is an entertainer. Rand I would expect to be a non starter simply because of the nepotism problem.

6. Tom Woods or Gary Johnson are the 2 obvious candidates….
    As for Rand: he is definitely NOT his father….

7. Bachmann, Santorum, Trump, Romney,Palin? How are any of these people getting votes?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

8. Paul Ryan

9. #6 is Peter Schiff, Rons (former?) economic advisor. Youtube “Peter Schiff was right”, theres a man like Ron who says what he believes, even while all the others laugh. And he was right.

10. I think Gary Johnson would be an excellent choice. Governing experience, proven history of Libertarian views, capable of taking over if necessary (let’s be honest, Ron is healthy but also elderly, so that’s important). Also, the Republican base may not love it, but Gary reinforces Ron’s appeal to Independents and Democrats fed up with Obama. It makes a much more solid ticket than pairing Ron with some establishment Republican.

11. If elected Ron Paul needs a Vice President who is not only as scary to the establishment as Ron Paul is, but very tough too. Who better than former Navy Seal Jesse Ventura? He stands for many of the same things as Ron Paul, and he could probably help arrange adaquate protection for a President as well as anyone.
    Every U.S. President who has ever stood against a privately owned central bank like the FED has had an attempt made on their life or died mysteriously. I hate this fact, but it is a fact.
    I was 11 years old when JFK was assassinated and it still hurts. America was so full of hope and it seemed there was nothing we couldn’t do. It was all ended in one day. I don’t know how much it had to do with the murder of JFK, but Executive Order 11110 challenged the power of the FED by directing the U.S. Treasury to issue more than 4 billion dollars in debt free and interest free dollars in the form of silver certificates. Some of you may remember them. After the assassination they were quickly and quietly removed from circulation and destroyed. The Constitution provides for the government to issue it’s own debt free money rather borrow it at interest from private banks like the FED. With an annual interest expense of over 400 billion dollars on the national debt it makes a lot of sense to do this. It also makes a lot of enemies. If elected Ron Paul will need all the help and protection possible.

• I agree with you on much of your comment. Especially where Dr pauls safety is concerned. I’m 62 and have already polished up the ole musket. The day RP is sworn in as president. I am driving from cali to DC and will take up guard duty at one of the Whitehouse gates. I was in 6th grade and remember JFK’s demise like it was yesterday. And yes his killing, killed much of America’s spirit. RP has rekindled it. And for that We Americans that still remember the bright and shining beacon of hope she represented, should be willing to make sure Ron Paul gets the time in office to use that presidential pen to press the reset button and restore the gleam in Americas eyes and hearts.

12. Easily Gary Johnson. A govenor with experience, relatively young, and similar enough ideas that I think he fits the bill well. It also helps that I could see him in the attack dog roll, the roll the vp is supposed to have while the president plays the statesman. The other individual I would consider, provided that he moved more to the liberatarian spectrum of the isle is Bobby Jindle. Also young, an effective governor, and it doesn’t hurt that he is a minority. However, like i said, he would have to pass my libertarian street cred first.

13. Who is coming to this site and voting?

How is Herman Cane listed in the top ten? He was a member on the board of directors at one of the FEDs.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

14. I would have like to see Steve Forbes on that list or even T. Boone Pickins. Why were neocons even on the list? They are part of the problem and are incompatible.

15. Wow, what a great question. I would say Rand would be a great V.P. How ever you will need people with the same Idealism in the House and Senate . It would make a loud statement if he was a Dem. Dennis Kucinich. (we wont vote the 2 party dictatorship, we will vote for the ideas).

• Ron Paul may respect Kucinich, but it would be a disaster for him to be vp. They are diametrically opposed to each others philosophies in many respects. Your vp is supposed to have your back on the policies you propose, Kucinichs own integrity to his beliefs would make that impossible.

16. Matthew Schertz

At this moment Napolitano is at the top but I must say, I think it would be more awesome if he were appointed to the supreme court. Of course Reid would never allow that to happen if he controls the senate.

17. Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 52

• So, your definition of sensible sane people, are the ones who like being lied to, like being robbed by the fed, who like having our constitution raped, who like being told what to do, when to do, how to do everything from birth to death, who like living in a fascist police state, who like having no real freedom, who don’t or won’t think for themselves, who need big brother to hold their hands and guide them through the big scarey world, who like being fed poison food, who like being put in FEMA holding camps, who like being murdered by the billions to maintain the 500 million world population limit described in the Georgia guidestones.

I guess I must be crazy then, I don’t like any of those things.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 33 Thumb down 2

• Michael we see a few people like you on this site from time to time. Obviously, you’re poorly misinformed, uneducated, ignorant, and down right rude. Look you are free to have your opinion, I think it is wonderful that people are free to think and view things the way they see fit. The problem I have with you is that you are just talking trash and provide to evidence rather just sound ignorant. If you have questions or issues to raise concerning Ron Paul or any opponents please bring them here and lets discus, debate, and all learn something new. However, you didnt choose to do that you choose to make an ass out of yourself, scum like you are ruining this country.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 24 Thumb down 1

• Seriously, Michael. You’re kind of a dink.

Because people want to move our country back toward a more central viewpoint and actually put the Constitution before the platform of a political party, they’re insane? You’re entitled to your opinion…one of the many freedoms granted by that same Constitution.

Ron Paul is an American patriot who panders to no one. He has not been bought and sold by the left or the right; he is an intelligent, thoughtful man who loves his country. I concede that he may not always come across as eloquently as his opponents in a debate, but that neither diminishes the man nor his message.

I’m saddened that those who desire to follow our Constitution are considered outliers and “batshit crazy,” because so many people have such a distorted view of what the Constitution really says about the role of government. Originally designed to serve its people, we now serve the government.

And just to be clear, I do not care for Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann, both are self-serving and have little interest beyond their own hype and fiction. Ron Paul is a million times classier than the two of them could ever hope to be.

I’ve said my peace, so before you start flaming or trolling again, remember, those of us who view Ron Paul as the answer are not really affected by your argument of “voting popularity.” We’re not looking for the quarterback or cheerleader to win a high school election; we’re about serious change. When people stop voting based upon who can get elected or who can beat the other guy and start voting based upon what candidates believe and practice in their own lives…it will be a great day, indeed.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 1

• Well said.

It reminds me of a little child going down the cereal aisle, and picking cereal based on how colorful the box is, or whether there is a toy inside or not. Who cares if it’s nutritional or not.

I wonder how many people have actually tried comparing the current situation in regards to laws being passed or trying to pass, and general mindset, with Germany in 1939.

It baffles me how so many people just plain don’t seem to understand the constitution and what it represents. You know, it wasn’t that long ago, when, if someone said something another person didn’t like, the response always was, “It’s a free country, I can say what I like.”

That is no longer true. That, just by itself, is a true indicator of how far down the wrong path we have gone.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 1

• Thanks Jim. I hate to say this…but every time we seem to pass another law restricting the freedoms of our citizens, polarizing groups, or creating a “them” and “us” atmosphere, I seriously wonder at what point we, like Germany, will pass the point of no return.

We’ve created this mess by being “sheeple” and by going along with whatever is popular or shiny. I’m appalled by those who vote having no idea who or what they are voting for. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE this Country, and I would die defending it if needed, but we are such a dumbed-down, watered-down version of what we should and could be. I truly fear for our children. This is not the legacy I want to leave my son.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 0

• I completely agree. I love this country and the ideals that it was founded on. I took an oath when in the military, to defend the constitution. I still believe in that oath. It should be every citizens oath, not just when in the military.

It is the only thing that keeps us safe. That is why they are trying to dismantle it.

Their main weakness is, they have to APPEAR to be reasonable, rational, for the people, helpful etc. They HAVE to appease a certain percentage of people to maintain their illusion. They use the laws, both to allow themselves more liberty, while hindering ours to resist.

Haven’t you ever noticed how Bernanke for example, always cites blah blah blah, congress gave us the authority, blah blah blah?

He is right, congress DID give them the authority, BUT, congress can TAKE IT BACK, if they only had the will to.

As I see it, probably the best way to get our country back, is to play the same game.

Our strong point is our numbers. If we can get enough people off their couches and start thinking, we could use the system to start cutting out the enabling laws the crooks have implemented, and start getting back to how this country was intended to run.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

• You’re part of the 90% of asinine Americans whom hold this country down in the bogs of greed, ignorance, and embarrassment…go join the Palin short bus tour….

18. Obama was a Jr Senator and that did’nt seem to matter. Rand is man!

19. Everyone needs to let Rand develop and blossom and stop pushing him to run for president or be his father’s vice president. He is a junior senator still in the mentor program and needs time to learn how the ins and outs of DC work. He can run in the future after he builds a foundation.

20. Jesse Ventura Should Be the Vice President. He has Been a Navy Seal, he has a good background.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 10