93 responses to “Poll: Who Should Be Ron Paul’s Vice President in 2012?”

1. Info warrior

Oh yeah Jesse is crazy he wants the constitution back and to end the fed,He agrees with Paul 99% of the time and to get rid of tsa brown shirts

2. Info warrior

Really all you haters on Jesse V, I don’t think hes getting paid by a private bank or to become some puppet. Hes probly the only one i would trust.Dont buy into mainstream media bull shit people

1. Steve

Jesse Ventura is right on many things but his ideals on 9/11 are way out there and are based on unfounded 9/11 was an insider job conspiracies that lack substantial evidence. The only thing substantial in their claims is tower number 7 and even then there isn’t enough strong evidence to prove that it was a controlled demolition. Yes I understand some relative of the Bush family may have been involved in a security contract in regards to the WTC but nothing more ever came of it. There is however significant evidence that the attacks were well known about in advance and the information was ignored as stated in the 9/11 Comission report.

However to say that it was a staged operation is ridiculous when Al Qaeda has tried before to blow up the WTC in 1993, not to mention the USS Cole or the US Embassy bombings in the Africa all caused by Al Qaeda. Islamic militantism is real and is partially caused by their own religious beliefs as listed in the Koran and that of our interventionist foreign policy of installing dictators in charge of Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, among others. Saying this doesn’t mean that pulling out isn’t a good idea as that is what should be done. The Middle East will always be violent with or without our help.

Our presence there has made it worse and our leaving won’t make much of a difference. Even if Iran is developing nuclear weapons, and we know Pakistan has them too, both India and Israel have nuclear weapons which provides a natural balance of power in the region. I’m sure the Shiites and the Sunnis will be going at while we are there and long after we leave so why stay? The Muslims have been fighting amongst themselves for supremacy amongst each other like the old Christian fiefdoms as far back as Saladin and still continue to to this day.

As far as the question of VP goes, my pick would be Andrew Napolitano, Peter Schiff orGary Johnson.

1. Xcalybur

You state that there is no substantial evidence that there was foul play of some kind at 9/11. You are wrong. Not only are there hundreds and hundreds of pieces of evidence, but the smoking gun is the scientifically peer reviewed paper written by Dr. Steven Jones where he and others found unexploded military grade thermite in 4 separate samples of the dust collected in different locations and times after 9/11. The still active thermite shows that there were explosives in the buildings and that they were taken down by demolition.

Who did it and why? I don’t know, but a new independent investigation with this evidence at its core would come up with the answers. Read it for yourself. I have. http://www.benthamscience.com/open/tocpj/articles/V002/7TOCPJ.htm

2. bolo

Steve, I think you need to listen to one Dr. Steve Pieczenik. Google him yourself. To help you a bit, may I suggest:

The Credibility of Dr. Steve Pieczenik – His Biography Told In Yesterday’s Newspapers

He has been bold enough to come forward, in front of the American people and state ‘that bin Laden died in Tora Bora of Marfan’s syndrome in 2001 and that he was told by a prominent general that 9/11 was a stand down and a false flag operation.’

Do you own research, and make up your own mind, based on what your ‘conscience’ dictates to you, based on best information that is available to us …

3. Bkusz

Again, Jesse Ventura? I have yet to meet a RP supporter that thought he would ever make a good candidate for anything. Must be a mistake or a joke on us..

4. Bkusz

Jesse Ventura? Really? Must be a joke, prank or mistake..

Somebodies pranking this site to make it look bad imho..

5. Jennifer

Why in the world is Sarah Palin even on that list? There are others I am wondering why are on the list,since they contradict Dr.Paul’s stance on many issues. It would be nice if we had someone in office who actually cares about the citizens and not big business.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

6. tsog1984

Possibly someone like Cynthia McKinney. Someone who is strong on personal liberty, has gotten off their *ss to try and do some good & can get attention. It’s largely a position without responsibility anyway, the point in a political exercise is to grab attention to create energy, excitement, etc. McCain attempted & failed for obvious reasons, but there are many qualified women out there. Two old white men, just sounds boring.

7. ResearchFirstPlease

Listen to the Peter Schiff show free online for a week or so and/or read his books, then vote. Schiff can slam any of these politicians on economics and he explains things in ways that lay people can understand. ps Herman Cain was head of the Kansas city FED… no thanks! Why didn’t they mention that in the first debate, hmmm….

1. ResearchFirstPlease

This list should include Jacque Fresco, smartest man alive!

1. zack troilo

wow…props for the Jacque F. namedrop! I like the concept of his idea, but I think we have a long way to go before it is possible

8. zack troilo

gary johnson, peter schiff, or herman cain. I am still shaky on cain but he seems like an intelligent man…maybe he’ll come around

9. gmoney

And Dennis Kucinich? REALLY? The guy flipped a complete 180 on Obamacare after a 45-minute airplane ride with Barry himself. He certainly can’t be trusted.

COME ON people, get with the program here.

10. gmoney

lol… is it mere chance that the two top contenders on this pole are the ones that Americans see the most through their brain-washing box, a.k.a. the “television”? Oh America, you make me quite sad.

Peter Schiff and Lew Rockwell are more qualified by FAR than either Napolitano or Ventura, especially if we’re talking about the economy, which we SHOULD be. Both men are brilliant when it comes to free-market economics, and I trust that Ron Paul would understand that. Of course, Dr. Paul visits LewRockwell.com daily and Peter Schiff was his economic advisor during the 2008 run, so it’s clear the man knows good economic sources.

I’m on the fence about Rand. I’m not sure a father/son combination would be ideal for the presidency. Conflict of interests? Perhaps.

11. Spaniard

I believe there is little chance any of this votes or posts will influence the process at all. Nevertheless I would like readers here to consider that for Ron Paul to win the White House, besides making it through alive, he will most surely need someone in the ballot to appeal other than libertarians along the campaign. I will not give names, but I am absolutely certain another libertarian in the ticket will not help Paul at all, much less Paul and half (Rand). I like libertarian candidates the most, but you have to account for some diversity within certain principles. I just say.

P.S.: And you have to consider yourselves lucky you have Paul. In Europe we do not have any choice, at all. Paul at DC would be inspirational for the whole planet. Good luck for us all!

1. Chris

I agree entirely Spaniard. Electing Ron Paul would set a precedent here in the US and abroad. But I believe aside from having a VP elect that appeals to people outside Liberterians and Conservatives that would encourage bipartisanship there is also a need to have a VP that is media friendly. Some of these people on this list would simply be laughed out of the building by the likes of Fox, MSNBC, or Comedy Central. As much as I hate the biased media that exists here they are something that we have to contend with, and I am sure as much flak as RP has taken campaigning for presidency three times and having his ideas being rendered as ridiculous, the last thing he needs is a celebrity or an activist. That will just bring him down. But I am sure you are entirely aware of that considering your media is much more biased than ours. Be strong my friend, I hope change comes to your shores as well as ours!

2. Ron Willison

Spaniard.
      Actually the EU does have one very outspoken and absolutely correct in his chastisement of the EU. His first name is Nigel. There are many youtube videos of this man giving the other members what for on their questionable agendas. Sorry I can’t remember his last name. Just do a youtube search for E.U. and Nigel.

1. Michael

Farage. Of the UK Independence Party. I enjoy watching him call out van Rompuy and Barroso, too. He is right about the EU, and UKIP is beginning to define itself as the party of decentralization in UK domestic politics, but they are not anywhere near as good as Ron Paul. As far as I can tell, their opposition to political and monetary union is not rooted in anything nearly as substantial as Ron Paul’s opposition to the current monetary and political arrangements in the U. S., which has the whole intellectual apparatus of the Austrian school of economics behind it. If Farage et al. were to discover Mises, Hayek, and Rothbard, they would become even more dangerous to the Brussels Eurocrats.

1. Ron Willison

Michael.
          Interesting that you should mention Nigel. When this poll first showed up I actually found myself wishing that he was an American citizen. He has the backbone to call them like he see’s them. Not to mention his command of the English language. A pity for sure.

My thoughts on a running mate excludes everyone on that list that’s been an elected Washington insider. So that leaves out everyone but Schiff and the judge. Frankly speaking anyone thats a standing member of the CFR belongs in jail as far as I’m concerned. All the relics and holdovers from the cold war era like Powell for instance. Should be banned from and have their phone calls to DC blocked for life. As they are 80 percent of the mess we find our selves in. We need a clean slate.

The framers did screw one thing up. That being the offset two year voting cycles for our congressional and Senate elections. We can’t fire them all at the same time. And that sucks.

1. Michael

I think the Judge is the best of all those listed in terms of his age (young enough to reassure those concerned about Ron Paul’s age), experience (having been a state superior court judge), and commitment to and ability to communicate libertarian ideas (as any Freedom Watch viewer can attest). Schiff is great at communicating Austrian economics, but I think it would be harder to make the case among the general public for a ticket that contains someone who has never held public office before. Lack of that kind of experience doesn’t, in my mind, disqualify someone for VP, but not everyone think about these things the way we do.

And I agree about Nigel. He’s fearless. And whatever ideological disagreements I may have with him, fearlessness is a quality I deeply admire.

12. Zeke

I wish Thomas Sowell was an option. I picked Walt E. Williams. I doubt either would do it. But few can explain libertarian ideas succinctly and intelligently as those two professors. They have the academic background craved by the media. They are minorities (I hate this line of thinking). But they are so smart and seem to be the perfect running mates.

13. Jennifer

I think Allen West’s name should be on there. He is well liked by the religious right, he finally got it right on the Patriot Act, he is well spoken, he knows the military and world affairs quite well, and while he isn’t as strong of a noninterventionist, he has gone on the record in a rather long speach criticizing the War on Terror as ridiculous an idea as if we had declared war on German Panzer Units during WWII and likened our actual ground tactics in Iraq to a game of Whack-a-Mole, so I don’t feel he is too hard line of a war hawk.

While I could definitely support some of the provided options, I think West should bare at least some consideration.

14. Chris

With people like Jesse Ventura and Alex Jones in the top ten for VP-picks, I can really begin to understand why these grassroots campaigns aren’t taken seriously. An ex wrestler and a fear mongerer? Come on people.

1. zack

I totally agree

15. Bryan Bjornson

I’ve known Jesse Ventura since he was the captain of our high school swim team, over 40 years ago. If he is Ron Paul’s running mate I would write in Goofy before I voted for a Paul-Ventura ticket.

1. Jim

Why?

16. Dan

#1. General Colin Powell
    #2. Governor Mitch Daniels
    #3. Gary Johnson
    #4. Pat Buchanan
    #5. Charles Krauthammer

I would also love to see a Jesse Ventura VP ticket if he would accept it.

17. Todd Theel

Gary Johnson would be the smartest choice because he is like a younger Ron Paul

18. Matthew Schertz

As much as I would love Jesse to be the VP he won’t do it. I don’t know how recent the interviews I watched are they did not have a date on them (just an upload date). Jesse said he would only be Ron Paul’s running mate if he ran as an independent. While as like the list I think the people who would say no outright should be removed from the list. What good does it do if Ron Paul and all of his supporters desire a certain running mate and that running mate says no. I would probably put Rand in the same boat I don’t think Rand’s wife would let it happen. But on the other-hand never say never.

19. Chris Cringe

k2000k. thanks for the good reply, Your probably right . Its just wishful- thinking,
    but in a real democracy its the peoples wishes that count not the elected servants . That is why i am for Dr. Paul, but really we all must admit to our selves that the Dr. knows who is real and who is not. Its fun to pick and discuss just the same. peace baby.

20. Mike

It is great to see so many great people in the top 10 on the vp list. It is cool to see Dennis Kucinich up there in the top 5, it shows that Ron Paul appeals to a lot of liberals as well. I think it would be difficult to have Kucinich as the vp due to their differences on domestic policies, but I think it would give him a very good shot against Obama. If it were up to me i’d have to go with Napolitano because of his understanding of the constitution.

1. Ron Willison

Mike. The judge is ok person. And he also is a constitution defender. However. I’m thinking best case Peter Schiff as he has proven to be a person of courage and conviction. Not to mention a first class economist. Second choice Ralph Nader. He has shown by his actions to be like RP where integrity and courage are concerned. He has the battle scars. Jesse is an entertainer. Rand I would expect to be a non starter simply because of the nepotism problem.

21. Kevin

Tom Woods or Gary Johnson are the 2 obvious candidates….
    As for Rand: he is definitely NOT his father….

1. Dave

Tom Woods, and ADMITTED Anarchist, is a smart choice, but Rand is not?

22. mike

Bachmann, Santorum, Trump, Romney,Palin? How are any of these people getting votes?

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

23. Mason

Paul Ryan

24. Wonk

#6 is Peter Schiff, Rons (former?) economic advisor. Youtube “Peter Schiff was right”, theres a man like Ron who says what he believes, even while all the others laugh. And he was right.

25. Rick

I think Gary Johnson would be an excellent choice. Governing experience, proven history of Libertarian views, capable of taking over if necessary (let’s be honest, Ron is healthy but also elderly, so that’s important). Also, the Republican base may not love it, but Gary reinforces Ron’s appeal to Independents and Democrats fed up with Obama. It makes a much more solid ticket than pairing Ron with some establishment Republican.

26. Paul

If elected Ron Paul needs a Vice President who is not only as scary to the establishment as Ron Paul is, but very tough too. Who better than former Navy Seal Jesse Ventura? He stands for many of the same things as Ron Paul, and he could probably help arrange adaquate protection for a President as well as anyone.
    Every U.S. President who has ever stood against a privately owned central bank like the FED has had an attempt made on their life or died mysteriously. I hate this fact, but it is a fact.
    I was 11 years old when JFK was assassinated and it still hurts. America was so full of hope and it seemed there was nothing we couldn’t do. It was all ended in one day. I don’t know how much it had to do with the murder of JFK, but Executive Order 11110 challenged the power of the FED by directing the U.S. Treasury to issue more than 4 billion dollars in debt free and interest free dollars in the form of silver certificates. Some of you may remember them. After the assassination they were quickly and quietly removed from circulation and destroyed. The Constitution provides for the government to issue it’s own debt free money rather borrow it at interest from private banks like the FED. With an annual interest expense of over 400 billion dollars on the national debt it makes a lot of sense to do this. It also makes a lot of enemies. If elected Ron Paul will need all the help and protection possible.

1. Ron Willison

I agree with you on much of your comment. Especially where Dr pauls safety is concerned. I’m 62 and have already polished up the ole musket. The day RP is sworn in as president. I am driving from cali to DC and will take up guard duty at one of the Whitehouse gates. I was in 6th grade and remember JFK’s demise like it was yesterday. And yes his killing, killed much of America’s spirit. RP has rekindled it. And for that We Americans that still remember the bright and shining beacon of hope she represented, should be willing to make sure Ron Paul gets the time in office to use that presidential pen to press the reset button and restore the gleam in Americas eyes and hearts.

27. k2000k

Easily Gary Johnson. A govenor with experience, relatively young, and similar enough ideas that I think he fits the bill well. It also helps that I could see him in the attack dog roll, the roll the vp is supposed to have while the president plays the statesman. The other individual I would consider, provided that he moved more to the liberatarian spectrum of the isle is Bobby Jindle. Also young, an effective governor, and it doesn’t hurt that he is a minority. However, like i said, he would have to pass my libertarian street cred first.

28. BushDoctor

Who is coming to this site and voting?

How is Herman Cane listed in the top ten? He was a member on the board of directors at one of the FEDs.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

1. lg

He also insisted in 2008 we weren’t on the brink of a recession:

29. CD File

I would have like to see Steve Forbes on that list or even T. Boone Pickins. Why were neocons even on the list? They are part of the problem and are incompatible.

1. Ron Willison

You are right as rain my friend. How did any of them get on the list?

30. Chris Cringe

Wow, what a great question. I would say Rand would be a great V.P. How ever you will need people with the same Idealism in the House and Senate . It would make a loud statement if he was a Dem. Dennis Kucinich. (we wont vote the 2 party dictatorship, we will vote for the ideas).

1. k2000k

Ron Paul may respect Kucinich, but it would be a disaster for him to be vp. They are diametrically opposed to each others philosophies in many respects. Your vp is supposed to have your back on the policies you propose, Kucinichs own integrity to his beliefs would make that impossible.

31. Matthew Schertz

At this moment Napolitano is at the top but I must say, I think it would be more awesome if he were appointed to the supreme court. Of course Reid would never allow that to happen if he controls the senate.

32. Michael

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 52

1. Jim

So, your definition of sensible sane people, are the ones who like being lied to, like being robbed by the fed, who like having our constitution raped, who like being told what to do, when to do, how to do everything from birth to death, who like living in a fascist police state, who like having no real freedom, who don’t or won’t think for themselves, who need big brother to hold their hands and guide them through the big scarey world, who like being fed poison food, who like being put in FEMA holding camps, who like being murdered by the billions to maintain the 500 million world population limit described in the Georgia guidestones.

I guess I must be crazy then, I don’t like any of those things.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 33 Thumb down 2

2. Jimbo

Michael we see a few people like you on this site from time to time. Obviously, you’re poorly misinformed, uneducated, ignorant, and down right rude. Look you are free to have your opinion, I think it is wonderful that people are free to think and view things the way they see fit. The problem I have with you is that you are just talking trash and provide to evidence rather just sound ignorant. If you have questions or issues to raise concerning Ron Paul or any opponents please bring them here and lets discus, debate, and all learn something new. However, you didnt choose to do that you choose to make an ass out of yourself, scum like you are ruining this country.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 24 Thumb down 1

3. MinnesotaMom

Seriously, Michael. You’re kind of a dink.

Because people want to move our country back toward a more central viewpoint and actually put the Constitution before the platform of a political party, they’re insane? You’re entitled to your opinion…one of the many freedoms granted by that same Constitution.

Ron Paul is an American patriot who panders to no one. He has not been bought and sold by the left or the right; he is an intelligent, thoughtful man who loves his country. I concede that he may not always come across as eloquently as his opponents in a debate, but that neither diminishes the man nor his message.

I’m saddened that those who desire to follow our Constitution are considered outliers and “batshit crazy,” because so many people have such a distorted view of what the Constitution really says about the role of government. Originally designed to serve its people, we now serve the government.

And just to be clear, I do not care for Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann, both are self-serving and have little interest beyond their own hype and fiction. Ron Paul is a million times classier than the two of them could ever hope to be.

I’ve said my peace, so before you start flaming or trolling again, remember, those of us who view Ron Paul as the answer are not really affected by your argument of “voting popularity.” We’re not looking for the quarterback or cheerleader to win a high school election; we’re about serious change. When people stop voting based upon who can get elected or who can beat the other guy and start voting based upon what candidates believe and practice in their own lives…it will be a great day, indeed.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 23 Thumb down 1

1. Jim

Well said.

It reminds me of a little child going down the cereal aisle, and picking cereal based on how colorful the box is, or whether there is a toy inside or not. Who cares if it’s nutritional or not.

I wonder how many people have actually tried comparing the current situation in regards to laws being passed or trying to pass, and general mindset, with Germany in 1939.

It baffles me how so many people just plain don’t seem to understand the constitution and what it represents. You know, it wasn’t that long ago, when, if someone said something another person didn’t like, the response always was, “It’s a free country, I can say what I like.”

That is no longer true. That, just by itself, is a true indicator of how far down the wrong path we have gone.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 11 Thumb down 1

1. MinnesotaMom

Thanks Jim. I hate to say this…but every time we seem to pass another law restricting the freedoms of our citizens, polarizing groups, or creating a “them” and “us” atmosphere, I seriously wonder at what point we, like Germany, will pass the point of no return.

We’ve created this mess by being “sheeple” and by going along with whatever is popular or shiny. I’m appalled by those who vote having no idea who or what they are voting for. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE this Country, and I would die defending it if needed, but we are such a dumbed-down, watered-down version of what we should and could be. I truly fear for our children. This is not the legacy I want to leave my son.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 15 Thumb down 0

1. Jim

I completely agree. I love this country and the ideals that it was founded on. I took an oath when in the military, to defend the constitution. I still believe in that oath. It should be every citizens oath, not just when in the military.

It is the only thing that keeps us safe. That is why they are trying to dismantle it.

Their main weakness is, they have to APPEAR to be reasonable, rational, for the people, helpful etc. They HAVE to appease a certain percentage of people to maintain their illusion. They use the laws, both to allow themselves more liberty, while hindering ours to resist.

Haven’t you ever noticed how Bernanke for example, always cites blah blah blah, congress gave us the authority, blah blah blah?

He is right, congress DID give them the authority, BUT, congress can TAKE IT BACK, if they only had the will to.

As I see it, probably the best way to get our country back, is to play the same game.

Our strong point is our numbers. If we can get enough people off their couches and start thinking, we could use the system to start cutting out the enabling laws the crooks have implemented, and start getting back to how this country was intended to run.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

4. your mom

You’re part of the 90% of asinine Americans whom hold this country down in the bogs of greed, ignorance, and embarrassment…go join the Palin short bus tour….

1. your mom's ferverent follower

Excellent response. You sum up your character and your argument so well that I’ve converted to liberalism.

33. David Kraszewski

Obama was a Jr Senator and that did’nt seem to matter. Rand is man!

34. Keith Farrell

Everyone needs to let Rand develop and blossom and stop pushing him to run for president or be his father’s vice president. He is a junior senator still in the mentor program and needs time to learn how the ins and outs of DC work. He can run in the future after he builds a foundation.

35. Adrian Batrez

Jesse Ventura Should Be the Vice President. He has Been a Navy Seal, he has a good background.

Hotly debated. What do you think? Thumb up 10 Thumb down 10

1. antineocon

Bob Barr

James Traficant or

Gerald Celente

It has to be someone that “they” would hate to see being president more than Ron Paul.