Poll: Who Should Be Ron Paul’s Vice President in 2012?

Ron Paul announced on May 13 that he will seek the Republican nomination for the 2012 presidential elections. If Ron Paul wins the Republican primary, who should he choose as his running mate for the general election? You can choose up to 7 options.

[poll id=”23″]

1. Cynthia McKinney for VP; Schiff for Secretary of the Treasury; Ralph Nader as Sec. for the Interior; McChrystal for Sec. of Defense and Jesse Ventura as Sec. of Surfing.

2. Cynthia McKinney is the vote getter! You Tube her giving it to The Department of Defense and Rumsfeld. 2.3 trillion missing;DynCorp (US Subcontractor) engaging in child slavery & prostitution; where is the paper work on the 9/11 Air Defense Absence.
    The Republicans flooded the ballot box to get her out of Congress @ the primary level(a Georgia peculiarity that all primaries are open to all voters).

3. Charlie Sheen. He knows all about winning. :’)

4. PAUL AND PAUL 2012!!!!!!!!

5. Mitch Daniels should be very seriously considered.Mike Huckabee is also a winning combo also.

6. Oh yeah Jesse is crazy he wants the constitution back and to end the fed,He agrees with Paul 99% of the time and to get rid of tsa brown shirts

7. Really all you haters on Jesse V, I don’t think hes getting paid by a private bank or to become some puppet. Hes probly the only one i would trust.Dont buy into mainstream media bull shit people

• Jesse Ventura is right on many things but his ideals on 9/11 are way out there and are based on unfounded 9/11 was an insider job conspiracies that lack substantial evidence. The only thing substantial in their claims is tower number 7 and even then there isn’t enough strong evidence to prove that it was a controlled demolition. Yes I understand some relative of the Bush family may have been involved in a security contract in regards to the WTC but nothing more ever came of it. There is however significant evidence that the attacks were well known about in advance and the information was ignored as stated in the 9/11 Comission report.

However to say that it was a staged operation is ridiculous when Al Qaeda has tried before to blow up the WTC in 1993, not to mention the USS Cole or the US Embassy bombings in the Africa all caused by Al Qaeda. Islamic militantism is real and is partially caused by their own religious beliefs as listed in the Koran and that of our interventionist foreign policy of installing dictators in charge of Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, among others. Saying this doesn’t mean that pulling out isn’t a good idea as that is what should be done. The Middle East will always be violent with or without our help.

Our presence there has made it worse and our leaving won’t make much of a difference. Even if Iran is developing nuclear weapons, and we know Pakistan has them too, both India and Israel have nuclear weapons which provides a natural balance of power in the region. I’m sure the Shiites and the Sunnis will be going at while we are there and long after we leave so why stay? The Muslims have been fighting amongst themselves for supremacy amongst each other like the old Christian fiefdoms as far back as Saladin and still continue to to this day.

As far as the question of VP goes, my pick would be Andrew Napolitano, Peter Schiff orGary Johnson.

• You state that there is no substantial evidence that there was foul play of some kind at 9/11. You are wrong. Not only are there hundreds and hundreds of pieces of evidence, but the smoking gun is the scientifically peer reviewed paper written by Dr. Steven Jones where he and others found unexploded military grade thermite in 4 separate samples of the dust collected in different locations and times after 9/11. The still active thermite shows that there were explosives in the buildings and that they were taken down by demolition.

Who did it and why? I don’t know, but a new independent investigation with this evidence at its core would come up with the answers. Read it for yourself. I have. http://www.benthamscience.com/open/tocpj/articles/V002/7TOCPJ.htm

• Steve, I think you need to listen to one Dr. Steve Pieczenik. Google him yourself. To help you a bit, may I suggest:

The Credibility of Dr. Steve Pieczenik – His Biography Told In Yesterday’s Newspapers

He has been bold enough to come forward, in front of the American people and state ‘that bin Laden died in Tora Bora of Marfan’s syndrome in 2001 and that he was told by a prominent general that 9/11 was a stand down and a false flag operation.’

Do you own research, and make up your own mind, based on what your ‘conscience’ dictates to you, based on best information that is available to us …

8. Again, Jesse Ventura? I have yet to meet a RP supporter that thought he would ever make a good candidate for anything. Must be a mistake or a joke on us..

9. Jesse Ventura? Really? Must be a joke, prank or mistake..

Somebodies pranking this site to make it look bad imho..

10. Why in the world is Sarah Palin even on that list? There are others I am wondering why are on the list,since they contradict Dr.Paul’s stance on many issues. It would be nice if we had someone in office who actually cares about the citizens and not big business.

Highly rated. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

11. Possibly someone like Cynthia McKinney. Someone who is strong on personal liberty, has gotten off their *ss to try and do some good & can get attention. It’s largely a position without responsibility anyway, the point in a political exercise is to grab attention to create energy, excitement, etc. McCain attempted & failed for obvious reasons, but there are many qualified women out there. Two old white men, just sounds boring.

12. ResearchFirstPlease

Listen to the Peter Schiff show free online for a week or so and/or read his books, then vote. Schiff can slam any of these politicians on economics and he explains things in ways that lay people can understand. ps Herman Cain was head of the Kansas city FED… no thanks! Why didn’t they mention that in the first debate, hmmm….

13. gary johnson, peter schiff, or herman cain. I am still shaky on cain but he seems like an intelligent man…maybe he’ll come around

14. And Dennis Kucinich? REALLY? The guy flipped a complete 180 on Obamacare after a 45-minute airplane ride with Barry himself. He certainly can’t be trusted.

COME ON people, get with the program here.

15. lol… is it mere chance that the two top contenders on this pole are the ones that Americans see the most through their brain-washing box, a.k.a. the “television”? Oh America, you make me quite sad.

Peter Schiff and Lew Rockwell are more qualified by FAR than either Napolitano or Ventura, especially if we’re talking about the economy, which we SHOULD be. Both men are brilliant when it comes to free-market economics, and I trust that Ron Paul would understand that. Of course, Dr. Paul visits LewRockwell.com daily and Peter Schiff was his economic advisor during the 2008 run, so it’s clear the man knows good economic sources.

I’m on the fence about Rand. I’m not sure a father/son combination would be ideal for the presidency. Conflict of interests? Perhaps.

16. I believe there is little chance any of this votes or posts will influence the process at all. Nevertheless I would like readers here to consider that for Ron Paul to win the White House, besides making it through alive, he will most surely need someone in the ballot to appeal other than libertarians along the campaign. I will not give names, but I am absolutely certain another libertarian in the ticket will not help Paul at all, much less Paul and half (Rand). I like libertarian candidates the most, but you have to account for some diversity within certain principles. I just say.

P.S.: And you have to consider yourselves lucky you have Paul. In Europe we do not have any choice, at all. Paul at DC would be inspirational for the whole planet. Good luck for us all!

• I agree entirely Spaniard. Electing Ron Paul would set a precedent here in the US and abroad. But I believe aside from having a VP elect that appeals to people outside Liberterians and Conservatives that would encourage bipartisanship there is also a need to have a VP that is media friendly. Some of these people on this list would simply be laughed out of the building by the likes of Fox, MSNBC, or Comedy Central. As much as I hate the biased media that exists here they are something that we have to contend with, and I am sure as much flak as RP has taken campaigning for presidency three times and having his ideas being rendered as ridiculous, the last thing he needs is a celebrity or an activist. That will just bring him down. But I am sure you are entirely aware of that considering your media is much more biased than ours. Be strong my friend, I hope change comes to your shores as well as ours!

• Spaniard.
      Actually the EU does have one very outspoken and absolutely correct in his chastisement of the EU. His first name is Nigel. There are many youtube videos of this man giving the other members what for on their questionable agendas. Sorry I can’t remember his last name. Just do a youtube search for E.U. and Nigel.

• Farage. Of the UK Independence Party. I enjoy watching him call out van Rompuy and Barroso, too. He is right about the EU, and UKIP is beginning to define itself as the party of decentralization in UK domestic politics, but they are not anywhere near as good as Ron Paul. As far as I can tell, their opposition to political and monetary union is not rooted in anything nearly as substantial as Ron Paul’s opposition to the current monetary and political arrangements in the U. S., which has the whole intellectual apparatus of the Austrian school of economics behind it. If Farage et al. were to discover Mises, Hayek, and Rothbard, they would become even more dangerous to the Brussels Eurocrats.

• Michael.
          Interesting that you should mention Nigel. When this poll first showed up I actually found myself wishing that he was an American citizen. He has the backbone to call them like he see’s them. Not to mention his command of the English language. A pity for sure.

My thoughts on a running mate excludes everyone on that list that’s been an elected Washington insider. So that leaves out everyone but Schiff and the judge. Frankly speaking anyone thats a standing member of the CFR belongs in jail as far as I’m concerned. All the relics and holdovers from the cold war era like Powell for instance. Should be banned from and have their phone calls to DC blocked for life. As they are 80 percent of the mess we find our selves in. We need a clean slate.

The framers did screw one thing up. That being the offset two year voting cycles for our congressional and Senate elections. We can’t fire them all at the same time. And that sucks.

• I think the Judge is the best of all those listed in terms of his age (young enough to reassure those concerned about Ron Paul’s age), experience (having been a state superior court judge), and commitment to and ability to communicate libertarian ideas (as any Freedom Watch viewer can attest). Schiff is great at communicating Austrian economics, but I think it would be harder to make the case among the general public for a ticket that contains someone who has never held public office before. Lack of that kind of experience doesn’t, in my mind, disqualify someone for VP, but not everyone think about these things the way we do.

And I agree about Nigel. He’s fearless. And whatever ideological disagreements I may have with him, fearlessness is a quality I deeply admire.

17. I wish Thomas Sowell was an option. I picked Walt E. Williams. I doubt either would do it. But few can explain libertarian ideas succinctly and intelligently as those two professors. They have the academic background craved by the media. They are minorities (I hate this line of thinking). But they are so smart and seem to be the perfect running mates.

18. I think Allen West’s name should be on there. He is well liked by the religious right, he finally got it right on the Patriot Act, he is well spoken, he knows the military and world affairs quite well, and while he isn’t as strong of a noninterventionist, he has gone on the record in a rather long speach criticizing the War on Terror as ridiculous an idea as if we had declared war on German Panzer Units during WWII and likened our actual ground tactics in Iraq to a game of Whack-a-Mole, so I don’t feel he is too hard line of a war hawk.

While I could definitely support some of the provided options, I think West should bare at least some consideration.

19. With people like Jesse Ventura and Alex Jones in the top ten for VP-picks, I can really begin to understand why these grassroots campaigns aren’t taken seriously. An ex wrestler and a fear mongerer? Come on people.

20. Bryan Bjornson

I’ve known Jesse Ventura since he was the captain of our high school swim team, over 40 years ago. If he is Ron Paul’s running mate I would write in Goofy before I voted for a Paul-Ventura ticket.