Ron Paul Reaches Out to Portsmouth Voters

View Larger Map

Ron Paul met with several Portsmouth voters Friday morning just three days before the first GOP debate in New Hampshire. He shared his vision for helping small business, restarting the economy and scaling down the U.S. government’s ruinous foreign policy.

Date: 06/10/2011

Transcript

This is a rush transcript. Can you help us out and proofread the transcript while you watch the video? Go to our writeboard (password: portsmouth). Then click the “Edit this page” button to make changes. We check all writeboards daily and will update this post with your proofread transcript ASAP. Thanks!

Ron Paul: If we make a mistake in Texas, you wouldn’t necessarily have to suffer from it. But if we mess up in Washington—which they do constantly—everybody suffers. And that’s why centralizing the government is something—[unintelligible].

Ken Smith [co-owner of Mainely-New Hampshire]: … the federal government could do to back off us and give us a chance?

Ron Paul: What about if we took a position that we would freeze the regulatory system, give you a break? No new regulations. I mean, just think if we didn’t expand the Federal Register for three, four, five years. No more regulations, and the only thing we could do to improve your life would be to repeal a couple of those regulations.

John Fincher of Dover: It’s refreshing to actually have somebody that looks at the Constitution as something other than a moldy piece of paper. He’s taken, a couple of times in his career, an oath to defend the Constitution, and the guy has stepped up and put his money where his mouth is. He walks the walk. That’s why I support him.

Dave Dawley of Rye: He’s a conservative American, the practice, the principles we all are concerned about, more particularly in New Hampshire—the Constitution, the ethics, the honor, the trust. We trust him, when elected, to do the right thing, which I find would be very refreshing.

Francesca Marconi Fernald [owner Geno’s Chowder and Sandwich Shop]: The thing about New Hampshire politics is, you get to see the people, you get to shake their hand, you get to see what they look like, how they act, interact with other people as well. We’re not a huge state where you never get near anyone. In New Hampshire, we like to get near you, we like to see how your handshake is, look you in the eye, and check him out.

Kevin Kervick of Portsmouth: I also believe that he’s been extremely consistent, and—we were talking about earlier this morning that he’s a man of integrity in a profession that you don’t often see a lot of integrity. So that really attracts me to him. But the other thing that I’m really excited about is, I think he’s commandeering the Liberty Movement that is really doing a lot to really capture the hearts and minds of the youth of America.

Ron Paul: I would say that maybe it’s a little slower than last time, but it’s still not unreasonable to think that people are still looking at their candidates. One thing for sure is that the People are pretty darn upset, and they are looking. Because there’s so many problems, so many questions, I think they’re scrutinizing all the candidates a lot more on how the individual is going to solve the problem. Is it going to be all the same old promises again, the same old type of politician, the same old status quo? And I think that’s why they’re a bit frustrated, and I think that’s where I stand out differently, because I don’t represent the status quo in any way.

1. Ron Paul! Come to my town next please!!!!!

2. this is what i want to see ron paul doing all day every day! if i donate to you ron you have to stay in it till the end.... you don't quit running a marathon just because u don't come in 1st... u just do the best u can and cross the finish line... keep getting out there ron!

3. ProgressiveInAmerica

he marxist nazi Ron Paul and his abortion holocaust clinic of death murdered over 4.000 babies. Ron Paul is to the left of Barock Hussain Obama on abortion, that is how radical he is. The only babies he doesn't want to abort are ones born to al queda terrorist or racist marxist nazi communists. I am a pro-life personhood Reaganite moral conservative tea partier, but Ron Paul should have been aborted because he is worse than Hitler. WE need a real Pro-Life conservative like the super hot Romney!

4. ProgressiveInAmerica

Portsmouth is the #1 terrorist supporting communist city in the world. That's why Ron Paul is there, to appeal to his racist Anti-American base.

5. NSAdisinformation

RON PAUL IS A FREEMASON A PART OF THE SAME CABAL THAT BUSH IS !!!

6. UnderseaCaveman

People of New Hampshire, please listen to these fellow residents.... RON PAUL 2012!!!

7. collapseprep101

Ron Paul has been my president for many years already, the rest have been traitors for many years and are unworthy of my alliegence, in fact I hate there fucking traitorous guts and hope they burn in hell

8. Dr. Ron Paul is the only person in Washington today that the Founding Fathers would be proud of

9. Ron Paul, my friend.

10. RON PAUL IS BADASSS

11. captkirkconnell

Yep-Ron Paul walks the walk and has integrity.

12. No to Romney! He's just another big government, more spending,deeper in debt GOP RINO! Get back on board with the constitution or America will truly be lost...
    "Great Nations fail because they turn their backs on the principles that made them great."

13. I am looking for content contributors for our website to help this guy get elected in 2012. If anyone is interested, check out libertyeverafter [dot] com

14. I declare Ron Paul as my President, and I am an Australian.

15. I hope you get the win 2012.

16. Thanks for posting!!

17. Democrats and Independents who want Ron Paul as president should register as republican and vote for him in the republican primaries.

18. BrandonToddCarr

Ron Paul IS my president! Ron Paul 2012!

19. I LOVE YOU RON PAUL!!!!!!

20. George Washington

Constitutionally, legislatively, and morally, Ron Paul has no equal. His 22 year voting record speaks for itself.
    Mr. Paul has not survived in politics for 22 years and maintain the ethics and morality he has by being anything other than stellar.
    If You refute the above comment, then I please invite You to listen to him speak about key issues. It is amazing how well he comes across because he doesn’t have to remember lies like other politicians. He understands what is happening in the world and knows how to apply the basic principles of liberty to achieve the real change that America so desperately deserves.
    American to American we are all on the same team. So I present Mr. Ron Paul as my Candidate for 2011 and invite anybody to meaningfully and respectfully debate why he is not the best for American and its people in 2012.
    Ron Paul = A real change, not for special interest, but for America’s Interests!
    Ron Paul 2012